Chris Brown breaks all time Rythmic radio record

FAME.

Chris Brown and Young Thug’s “Go Crazy” breaks the record for the longest stay in the top 10 of Billboard’s Rhythmic Airplay chart as the collaboration clocks a 32nd week in the tier on the list dated Feb. 6. “Crazy” repeats at its No. 7 rank from the previous week, though it slightly declines (down 2%) in plays in the week ending Jan. 31, according to MRC Data.

With a 32nd week in the Rhythmic Airplay top 10, “Crazy” surpasses the previous longevity champ, Next’s “Too Close,” which achieved 31 weeks in the region in 1998. Here’s an updated look at the songs with the most weeks in the top 10 since the chart began in 1992:

Weeks in Top 10, Song Title, Artist, Year(s) in Top 10
32, “Go Crazy,” Chris Brown & Young Thug, 2020-21
31, “Too Close,” Next, 1998
30, “Twisted,” Keith Sweat, 1996-97
30, “No Guidance,” Chris Brown featuring Drake, 2019-20
29, “Where My Girls At?,” 702, 1999
28, “All My Life,” K-Ci & JoJo, 1997-98
28, “Can I Get A…” Jay-Z featuring Amil & Ja Rule, 1998-99
28, “Sicko Mode,” Travis Scott, 2018-19
27, “You Make Me Wanna…,” Usher, 1997-98
27, “Wow.,” Post Malone, 2019

https://www.billboard.com/amp/articles/business/chart-beat/9520775/chris-brown-young-thug-go-crazy-top-10-record-rhythmic-chart

Wow amazing!

Not King having TWO songs on the all time list and still setting records after 15 years :clap3:

tumblr_o777yh8hcR1uf87hco2_400.gifv

Edited by FAME.

That’s pretty impressive considering the company he’s in.

4 minutes ago, umich said:

That’s pretty impressive considering the company he’s in.

I know right? All those classics :eek:

whew the bops on that list :jonny5:Twisted, Too Close, All My Life

congrats to them cause the song is a bop :clap3:the longevity is impressive.

It's bit frustrating to see how misogynistic and ageist the industry is. This guy committed some terrible crimes before and now he is still having a huge career. Yet someone like Janet had her career FINISHED just because someone else took her bra off... 

Edited by duybeeGAshantiGA

8 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

It's bit frustrating to see how misogynistic and ageist the industry is. This guy committed some terrible crimes before and now he is still having a huge career. Yet someone like Janet had her career FINISHED just because someone else took her bra off... 

Different demographicsc who care about different things. Not Chris' fault :michael:The people who cancelled Janet for that aren't supporting him either 

8 minutes ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

did the OP refer to that abuser as "King"?

200.gif

Yes. The reining king of r&b for the past 10 years.

2 hours ago, jaceface said:

The way the industry keeps supporting this domestic abuser :!ohno:

Imagine how big he could’ve been if that night never happened..

1 minute ago, makeme said:

Imagine how big he could’ve been if that night never happened..

Right. I was a huge stan up until that point. He could've had an insane career by now and reached legend status

Just now, jaceface said:

Right. I was a huge stan up until that point. He could've had an insane career by now and reached legend status

A perfect example of fumbling the bag. It’s so sad to think about where Chris’s career could’ve ended up he is so talented. 
But what’s really ****ed up and sad is the fact that if Chris was a white man he wouldn’t of faced half the backlash that he did for what he did to Rihanna. I mean didn’t Sean Penn literally tie Madonna up to a chair and beat her (allegedly) and people practically batted an eye  :rip:

How this asshole is still able to have a career always makes me wonder.

7 hours ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

did the OP refer to that abuser as "King"?

200.gif

Yeah, it's disgusting. But this is atrl, nothing is surprising anymore.

200.gif

todays update it is gaining so it could get a few more weeks. it is one of his best song .

6 4 Up this week CHRIS BROWN X YOUNG THUG Go Crazy 4386 4140 246 19.566

Shapping up to be a classic if you ask me, its sucess has been hella impressive. 

The fact it's joining this list, oh wow. This mega smash. :jonny5:

19 hours ago, FAME. said:

Different demographicsc who care about different things. Not Chris' fault :michael:The people who cancelled Janet for that aren't supporting him either 

Sadly Viacom is still there for him when they canceled Janet across all their platforms.

Anyway, Pop radio needs to keep up the #Resistance

1 hour ago, frenchyisback said:

Sadly Viacom is still there for him when they canceled Janet across all their platforms.

Anyway, Pop radio needs to keep up the #Resistance

...That's probably because of the fact that the "controversy" that occurred literally happened live during the Superbowl ON CBS/

(a Viacom station) :rip: The president of CBS (which the Superbowl was aired on) developed a personal vendetta against Janet solely because of how much **** they recieved because of the Superbowl performance. Not you comparing that very specific incident to anything. Janet wasn't blacklisted by Viacom because she cancelled? She was blacklisted from them because her bare tit was flashed to millions of people during the most watched event live on a Viacom network (now whose fault it was, how it should have been handled and so on is a whole different story). But that was directly related to the company. That isn't remotely the same type of situation :lmao:

And, Well they didn't as he currently has the #1 song on radio and his first top 10 on pop since like 2011. They kept it up for a good 10 years though :sorry:

Edited by FAME.

“Wow” is so out of place in this list :rip:

Go Crazy is alright. It’s a bit crazy Rhythmic/Urban held onto it during its entire Top 40 rise, they straight up ignored Say You Love Me.

21 hours ago, Ger-55 said:

Shapping up to be a classic if you ask me, its sucess has been hella impressive. 

The fact it's joining this list, oh wow. This mega smash. :jonny5:

A radio classic maybe. No Guidance remains unbothered

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.