Top Posters In This Topic

• Tiziano's Boy

• Fitzswiftie

• SchmoodRing

• Daddy

Fitzswiftie
On 1/29/2021 at 7:52 AM, SchmoodRing said:

Wtf does Disney just own everything now 

Pretty much, everyone was only focusing on the Simpsons, Xmen and Avatar when the Fox buyout was announced but they also have 20th entire back catalogue dating back to the 1920s, Fox Searchlight, all of Fox TV (incl. FX, which is why Ryan Murphy went to Netflix 💀), Blue Sky animation and now majority stakes in Star, Hulu, Nat Geo and ESPN.

They would’ve had Sky (the biggest media conglomerate in Europe) as well if Comcast/Universal didn’t individually outbid them for it.

If it wasn’t the actual law, they’ll probably try and buy up Colombia Pictures (Sony) too since Japanese HQ isn’t happy with it’s performance and Paramount (although Netflix look like their eying them up)

I joked when Love Victor was first announced a week after the merger completed, who would’ve thought that the first Fox property Disney would scrap for parts is the meh gay teen rom com.

IMadeYouReadThis

I don't understand why Star UK is only getting some of the USA Hulu Originals. It's a bit annoying.

Well I do understand that those other originals are licensed to other services like Amazon, Channel 4 etc, but it's still annoying having to find what you want in 4 different places

I was looking forward to watch Buffy again but they probably upload the disgusting HD version they ****ed up so badly.. :coffee2:

• #FreeBritney Activist
Tiziano's Boy
8 hours ago, IMadeYouReadThis said:

I don't understand why Star UK is only getting some of the USA Hulu Originals. It's a bit annoying.

Well I do understand that those other originals are licensed to other services like Amazon, Channel 4 etc, but it's still annoying having to find what you want in 4 different places

I think the streaming services like Channel 4 and Amazon are taking those off their services as Disney+/Star now own the rights to stream them, especially with Buffy and Grey's Anatomy etc.

Most of those titles are already available on other streaming services here, hopefully it doesn't mean they'll be taken down since I don't have a Disney+ subscription as of yet :lakitu:

IMadeYouReadThis
11 minutes ago, Tiziano's Boy said:

I think the streaming services like Channel 4 and Amazon are taking those off their services as Disney+/Star now own the rights to stream them, especially with Buffy and Grey's Anatomy etc.

yea, but there's some stuff that aren't being carried over... like The Great - it's on some random streaming thing called STARZ which no one uses so no one knows about it. 

I just want everything to be in its rightful place.

• #FreeBritney Activist
Tiziano's Boy
39 minutes ago, IMadeYouReadThis said:

yea, but there's some stuff that aren't being carried over... like The Great - it's on some random streaming thing called STARZ which no one uses so no one knows about it. 

I just want everything to be in its rightful place.

It's confusing....

Fitzswiftie
4 hours ago, IMadeYouReadThis said:

I got that on Prime Day last year for £0.99 for three months just for The Great, Ramy, High Fidelity and P Valley.

Now the first are being shown on Channel 4 weekly (The Great on Sundays & Ramy on Fridays).

17 hours ago, Godly said:

Most of those titles are already available on other streaming services here, hopefully it doesn't mean they'll be taken down since I don't have a Disney+ subscription as of yet :lakitu:

Probably they will be taken down since once the license contracts expire Disney won't renew them with the other streaming services :dancehall3:

• 3 weeks later...

Just started Buffy. So good to finally have It on official streaming now :smitten:

And Futurama next!

mylicious

COUGAR TOWN & LOST

THE WAY I WON :cries:

Finally can introduce my partner to those. I wish we could finally watch Schitts Creek over here but it’s on no streaming service so far.

Also curious if they might add Killing Eve since you can watch it with a free trial on Amazon prime via starzplay, or is that something different from Stars? 😅

ainadalkaz

ok but when is disney+ going to be available in my country? I hate being from the flop part of Europe :cries:

Blood Magic

The service really seems like it can compete with Netflix now. I was satisfied with just basic Disney/Marvel content but this is what they needed to do to attract as many people as possible. They need to ditch the Hulu in the US and make Disney+ Star global because this is IT. 

• #FreeBritney Activist
Tiziano's Boy
5 hours ago, mylicious said:

COUGAR TOWN & LOST

THE WAY I WON :cries:

Finally can introduce my partner to those. I wish we could finally watch Schitts Creek over here but it’s on no streaming service so far.

Also curious if they might add Killing Eve since you can watch it with a free trial on Amazon prime via starzplay, or is that something different from Stars? 😅

Starzplay is completely different from Star, Star is incorporated within Disney+ (which Disney owns) whereas Starzplay is a standalone service (which Lionsgate owns).

mylicious
1 hour ago, Tiziano's Boy said:

Starzplay is completely different from Star, Star is incorporated within Disney+ (which Disney owns) whereas Starzplay is a standalone service (which Lionsgate owns).

Ahh ok, thanks a lot!

• #FreeBritney Activist
Tiziano's Boy
7 hours ago, Alaska. said:

I was expecting Atlanta, The X-Files and Futurama to already be avaliable here :angry:

Where are you from? They're already available here in the UK's Star section.