Let's Spoon 11 // Winner: rl231

Element

i018PHB.png

Welcome to the ELEVENTH season of one of ATRL's biggest games -- Let's Spoon! 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

This tournament is based on the iconic card game Spoons, as described here:

Spoiler

In the traditional game of Spoons, you have players sitting around a table. In the middle of the tale, spread out, are spoons -- there is one less spoon than there are players. Multiple decks of playing cards are shuffled and given to one of the players. This player deals 4 cards to each of the players, and then begins the round by going through the rest of the deck, one card at a time. This first player can choose to keep the card from the deck, thus discarding one of his other 4 cards. He can also choose to not take this card, and pass it quickly to the next person on the table, who in turn passes it to the next person if he doesn't want it, and so on, and so forth. The players do this as fast as possible, and it keeps going and going and going. The game's intensity picks up as the cards start flying. Basically, the goal of the game is to be the first person at the table to get 4 cards of the same kind. Four aces, four kings, four sevens, etc. However, there is a second element that makes this game so intense. When somebody gets 4 cards of the same kind, they grab one of the spoons in the middle of the table. As soon as this happens, all of the other players must IMMEDIATELY grab a spoon as well. There will be one person who is not quick enough, and this person will not get a spoon. Thus, they will be eliminated from the game. This continues, round after round, until only 2 remain; then, there is a final face off.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

El3ifVV.png

This card game will be converted into an ATRL game! The overall concept is simple. You will compete in various challenges, and the first person to complete the challenge will be guaranteed a spot in the next round. After this person wins the challenge, the first spoon will be posted in the thread.

Once you see the "First Spoon" in the thread, all of the other players must post the word "spoon" in the thread. Pictures or other creative representations of the word "spoon" are acceptable, as well. Posting your spoon now becomes the only way to save yourself and advance to the next round. Similar to musical chairs, there will be one less "spoon" than there are players in the round, and the last player remaining without a "spoon" will be eliminated. If more than one player does not post "spoon" before the next challenge, all of them will be eliminated, or there will be a vote from the contestant who won the challenge. 

This game will require you to be an active player! If you are not active, there is a good chance that you will be eliminated early. As far as times goes - there is a new twist this season. More details will be revealed soon, but essentially, the cast will be split into two groups. One group will have their daily challenge at 9 AM EST and the other group will have their daily challenge at 9 PM EST.  I am excited to see how this addresses the international time zones issue from prior years.

The challenges will be LIVE. Remember, you want to be the first person to complete the challenge. You will also want to be aware of what is happening in the thread during the challenge period, because it could become a "spoon" war very quickly. Players who are a little slower/in a bad time zone will have until the next challenge (24 hours later) to post in the thread. However, there is a high possibility that all the spoons will be taken within an hour or two of the challenge being posted, especially after the first few rounds.

CaTzuhz.png

Spoiler

1. Below is the policy regarding this game and bans from ATRL. Please try not to get banned tysm:

- If a competitor is banned between rounds, the next round will be a regular round, with the same number of eliminations as it was previously planned to have.

- If the competitor believes that he/she will win an appeal, he/she has until one hour before the scheduled challenge time to get the ban reversed. Otherwise, he/she will remain eliminated.

- If multiple competitors are banned between rounds, the next round is to have one fewer elimination than it was planned to have for every competitor that is banned after the first one.

- If this results in a non-elimination round, the round will either be held with an advantage for the winner, or it will be canceled and the regular schedule will resume the next day.

- The banning of a contestant in one group does not affect the planned round/elimination from the other group.

Example 1: alexanderao is banned in between Round 9 and Round 10. Round 10 was originally planned to be a double elimination round. It will still be a double elimination round. 

Example 2: shelven and Legend E are banned between Round 6 and Round 7. Round 7 was originally planned to be a double elimination round. Now, it will be a single elimination round.

Example 3: GotSkill and Marvin are banned between Round 14 and Round 15. Round 15 was originally planned to be a single elimination round. Now, it will either be a non-elimination round with an advantage for the winner or moved back to the next day (Element's choice).

Example 4: Due to Halloween, Witch_Privilege, gagacasanova, and Vapour are all banned between Round 8 and Round 9. Round 9 was originally planned to be a double elimination round. Now, it will either be a non-elimination round with an advantage for the winner or moved back to the next day (Element's choice).

2. If a challenge is not posted within 10 minutes of the scheduled time, Element has likely had an issue arise that requires him to be away from ATRL. Please remain in the thread for these 10 minutes for the challenge post. If the challenge is not posted within 10 minutes, Element will make an announcement regarding the postponement and rescheduling of the challenge.

3. Contestants are not allowed to post fake first spoons in order to create paranoia and confusion. If a contestant purposefully trolls like this, they will receive a warning and disadvantage the first time, and will be removed from the game the second time.

4. If any issues regarding the procedure of the game arise, contestants are to deal with them directly with Element, recognizing the ATRL moderators' previously set standard that the host of a game has ultimate authority regarding the progress of said autonomous game. We will work towards a solution and compromise for such issues without unnecessary outside intervention. 

etIbMgn.png

Season 1 ○ Winner: dimitrius

Season 2 ○ Winner: Sebas

Season 3 ○ Winner: Staryu

Season 4 ○ Winner: Remmy

Season 5 ○ Winner: alexanderao

Season 6 ○ Winner: Legend E

Season 7 ○ Winner: shelven

Season 8 ○ Winner: shelven

Season 9 ○ Winner: Psycho

Season 10 ○ Winner: shelven

Mini Season ○ Winner: Sam

jfZmR1j.png

Sign-ups will close in five days at 11:59 PM EST on Friday, January 29, 2021.

The first round is targeted for Sunday, January 31st -- one challenge at 9 AM and one challenge at 9 PM.

PREVIOUS WINNERS ARE INELIGIBLE TO SIGN UP THIS SEASON!

This season will max out at 54 players and will utilize tiered sign-ups. What does this mean? Basically, new year, new season, new twists... we are looking to give new players new opportunities to shine! The first day of sign-ups will be for people who have never played Let's Spoon before. The next day will add in people who have played Let's Spoon once before in addition to newbies, and so on. Here is the schedule, which I reserve the right to amend. Please do not sign up if you do not meet the criteria!!

Day 1 - brand new players - starting NOW

Day 2 - one time players + the above - Tuesday starting at midnight EST

Day 3 - two time players + the above - Wednesday starting at midnight EST

Day 4 - three / four time players + the above - Thursday starting at midnight EST

Day 5 - last day of signups for all the above - Friday through 11:59 PM EST

By signing up, I acknowledge that I have read, understood, and will abide by the rules of Let's Spoon, which have been posted above. (Do not erase)

(continue)

:party:

I am looking forward to an amazing season, full of new players and new exciting experiences!

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Element

• dussymob

• thecptz

• miguel

Top Posters In This Topic

Do yourself a favor and sign up!!

Just now, thecptz said:

baby z

i didnt sign up btw i just wanna say i'm here

1 minute ago, thecptz said:

i didnt sign up btw i just wanna say i'm here

omg heyyyy baby z

1 minute ago, Element said:

omg heyyyy baby z

hi get a banner elemen

Just now, thecptz said:

hi get a banner elemen

@Hug how much!!

By signing up, I acknowledge that I have read, understood, and will abide by the rules of Let's Spoon, which have been posted above. (Do not erase)

1. ughgabriel

(continue)

1. ughgabriel

2. @HausofAri

(continue)

Here is a reference list of how many seasons everyone has played:

Spoiler

Legend E 9
K$Ellie 9
Amaloner / Hikari 8
rl231 8
Staryu 8
GotSkill/Jackson 8
Dylan' 7
Sebas 7
Bey_Rihstan 7
Xedretinz Lododnz 7
Bloomers 6
Guero 6
Diarrhoea 6
thecptz 6
wesleywalrus 6
Superpower 6
URBAN 6
Marvin 6
lovesong/minho 6
Witch_Privilege 6
alexanderao 5
Rian./Nnmmo 5
keshaspearsxo 5
Rimo/Qatari Monster 5
shelven 4
Remmy 4
Henry 4
Speezy 4
gagacasanova 4
fiercE 4
Marn/Sempiternal 4
Prismatic / Prismee 4
Zune 3
josh_923 3
UFO 3
Musickid203 3
Dibbles 3
EriKills 3
J P O W 3
Wonderlust 3
Riri. 3
EuphorianSea 3
Pecinta Mariah 3
GanjaSebert / 305 3
Yvess 3
Touch It 2
Psycho 2
kiiwii 2
Kavish 2
FunkyDinevo 2
Icarus 2
Bie 2
Navyofbadgals 2
MAKSIM 2
PinkBox 2
borntodie 2
cLouDs / GabeGabe 2
Disruptive 2
Brodie 2
Scene. 2
Astro/Josslyn 2
Jone731 2
Kitt 2
Fruity 2
RandomName 2
Destro / Dessy 2
Overprotected 2
Queen Conchita 2
Petals 2
iforgiveyou 2
Wes 2
KatyCatPH/touya 2
Caprice 2
Lucky#17 2
genetic fail 2
Dancehall / Mica 2
Kylie Jenner 2
Kathlen/Loyalty 2
prézli 2
eteru 2
Not Like The Movies 2
kipperskipper 2
Sabbath 2
Bitchcraft 2
Rider 2
Tymps. 2
Oxygen 2
fleetfox 2
posh 2
dimitrius 1
Superiore 1
Krazii 1
Quiqui4eva 1
icy 1
jqnetto 1
Alena 1
Fever / Clueless 1
Jessie Mulay 1
Danial 1
dussymob 1
DripDrip 1
BlooRiverAnimal 1
coolcristobal 1
evtimow 1
Ferst 1
Crazyfish24 1
Gateau 1
Ice 1
RohanGoulding 1
Vulnicura 1
Alesus 1
Hugamari 1
Live To Tell 1
Cristhian 1
Lukey 1
FückYesLovato 1
potent 1
Moonlightbae 1
Starships 1
Moonchild 1
Dominant 1
DevonRoars 1
EASE 1
Bellerophon 1
Starboys 1
#ayylmao 1
Gospel 1
EdgeOfAddiction 1
PoKiTaurus 1
Truce 1
worldwide angel 1
Bacardo Royale 1
TayDine1989 1
Paul McCartney 1
Shendelzare 1
Noah 1
iHype. 1
Rotunda 1
TROPICUM 1
luckystrike 1
Nikolai. 1
Aria0327 1
Rence 1
jeffreyy 1
A Public Affair 1
mikeyace16  1
Chevysus 1
Young In Love 1
geodude 1
Itz_Dani! 1
popmusiccritic 1
NewRihannaStan 1
Sam 1
T-Swizz 1
VDK 1
Allstar 1
ausdaniel 1
dwuw 1
Era 1
holyground 1
jax. 1
MattyTacos 1
Phoenixstar 1
Scorpio. 1
SneakerNerd 1
TheCheetahwings 1

I have never played a game on ATRL before... so why not?

You can sign me up :heart:

Just now, Harmonizer said:

I have never played a game on ATRL before... so why not?

You can sign me up :heart:

Whew we love more Harmo representation in Games! This is a fun first game to start with :party:

1 minute ago, shelven said:

Whew we love more Harmo representation in Games! This is a fun first game to start with :party:

Maybe we can keep the Harmo win streak going :fan:

11 hours ago, Element said:

PREVIOUS WINNERS ARE INELIGIBLE TO SIGN UP THIS SEASON!

Whatever bitch.

rYbDqAe.png

9 hours ago, fountain said:

omg spoon

hello! is this a potential sign up? :duca:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.