Jump to content

[TW: 2013 PTSD] Roar gains over 1M views on YouTube today!


KillingYourCareer

Recommended Posts

KillingYourCareer

 

The most viewed female video of ALL time, which came out seven and a half years ago, is still running away with its YouTube lead! The song sold 9.9 million copies in four and a half months according to IFPI back in 2013, and is currently certified Diamond in the US and 15x Platinum in Australia. It recently surpassed 600 million streams on Spotify.

 

Note: I added a trigger warning in the title for the bitter souls who'll run in here commenting about the more recent singles flopping. Let's celebrate a CLASSIC!

 

s7KeDnX.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
Rodrighost

pulling millions of daily streams since August 2013 :clap3:

 

A smash in every metric!

Edited by Rodrighost
Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't at how massive it was, 6M+ digital sales in the USA, 600M+ Spotify streams, 3B+ YouTube Views, #1 in 10+ countries and top 5 in 25+ countries globally :jonny5:

It was bigger globally than any of the Teenage Dream singles including Firework

 

And the fact that it made top 10 year end on the Hot 100 despite only charting for 15 weeks, it's power was insane 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We know this song is bigger than some fav's careers and will be making Katy coins for decades to come :clap3:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Rodrighost
Just now, naval23 said:

I can't at how massive it was, 6M+ digital sales in the USA, 600M+ Spotify streams, 3B+ YouTube Views, #1 in 10+ countries and top 5 in 25+ countries globally :jonny5:

It was bigger globally than any of the Teenage Dream singles including Firework

 

And the fact that it made top 10 year end on the Hot 100 despite only charting for 15 weeks, it's power was insane 

yes it was on top 10 of the hot 100 and the year-end hot 100 at the same time!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rodrighost said:

yes it was on top 10 of the hot 100 and the year-end hot 100 at the same time!

That's really insane especially because the 2013 Hot 100 was soo competitive. Thrift Shop, Blurred Lines, Harlem Shake, Radioactive - and the fact it still made top 10 so late into the year :clap3:

Link to post
Share on other sites
gotportugal
8 minutes ago, naval23 said:

I can't at how massive it was, 6M+ digital sales in the USA, 600M+ Spotify streams, 3B+ YouTube Views, #1 in 10+ countries and top 5 in 25+ countries globally :jonny5:

It was bigger globally than any of the Teenage Dream singles including Firework

 

And the fact that it made top 10 year end on the Hot 100 despite only charting for 15 weeks, it's power was insane 

the demand for new Katy :deadbanana2:

Link to post
Share on other sites
KillingYourCareer
1 minute ago, Rith said:

DR. Luke her power :clap3:

Of course you'd be attributing a woman's success to a man, disgusting behavior from a problematic user!

 

Quote

Note: I added a trigger warning in the title for the bitter souls who'll run in here

s7KeDnX.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • #FreeBritney Activist
Erreur2 La Nature

Her music videos gets a lot of streams :clap3:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Rodrighost
11 minutes ago, Rith said:

DR. Luke her power :clap3:

also Max Martin, Cirkut, Bonnie McKee and specially Katy Perry's power. Can't say I'm surprised at a problematic user like you praising the alleged rapist only :cm:

 

OT: this classic has been slaying the competition since August 2013 and looks like it's not slowing down! :clap3:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr. Blue_Shirt

Oh wow Bon Appétit still gaining streams too :bloo:

 

But people told me Interscope buying all those views and turn into 1B+ YT views

Link to post
Share on other sites
Bethenny Frankel

the bots are at it again, roar is katy's worst single, can't they do it for excellence like the one that got away?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Witnessed ET

Damn, what a MASSIVE MONSTER smash :WAP:

This is an anthem for ALL generations, every demographic. Such a global modern classic :clap3:

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Of course you'd be attributing a woman's success to a man, disgusting behavior from a problematic user!

 

s7KeDnX.gif

 

3 hours ago, Rodrighost said:

also Max Martin, Cirkut, Bonnie McKee and specially Katy Perry's power. Can't say I'm surprised at a problematic user like you praising the alleged rapist only :cm:

 

OT: this classic has been slaying the competition since August 2013 and looks like it's not slowing down! :clap3:

 

 

nnn not y'all discussing me on discord i guess :deadbanana4: Dr. Luke was on ALL KP #1's except for firework , this is TELLING :alexz3: it's not like she released any other #1's after she ditched him 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Chainsmoker

The trigger warning :deadbanana4:

 

OT-Not my favorite from her but it’s undeniably a classic. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...