Albums you love from the artists you don't like?

Mr. Blue_Shirt

Mr. Blue_Shirt

i don't particularly like Charlie Puth an Bebe Rexha that much but i genuinely like Voicenotes and Expectations ddd

220px-Charlie_Puth_Voicenotes.pngExpectations-Bebe-Rexha.png

Sweetener was my 2018 Female AOTY. It has such a consistently strong sound while still retaining uniqueness with each track. Ariana's peak for me, because as she continues to come into her own artistically I'm increasingly drifting away. TU,N and positions didn't do anything for me, and it was so upsetting after how much I adored Sweetener.

rebeltwat

If I like only one album from an artist, I won't dislike them, I just won't stan. I don't get how you can not like an artist if you like a full album of theirs :gaycat3:

selena_lavigne

Hmmmm BJork don’t like anything from them cuz... I don’t like them. 
ummmm what even is this thread lmfaooo I’m think of all the artists I don’t like and cuz I don’t like them I don’t listen to their music :cm: this makes no sense.

Stan wars don’t mean u don’t like the other artist.

selena_lavigne
21 minutes ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

i don't particularly like Charlie Puth an Bebe Rexha that much but i genuinely like Voicenotes and Expectations ddd

220px-Charlie_Puth_Voicenotes.pngExpectations-Bebe-Rexha.png

So... you don’t like an artist’s music but you like the majority of their discography?

do you mean artist’s who’s personality we don’t like?

CristianGarcia
2 minutes ago, Before the Dawn said:

I won't love an album from an artist I don't like...

This. That just doesn’t make sense to me and I was thinking long and hard :priceless:

Problematique

The only one I can think of is Revival by Selena Gomez

She truly did something with that

Taylucifer

I used to feel indifferent about Kacey before Golden Hour but the album made me a fan. That’s all that I could think of :skull: I’ll never love an album by someone I hate. I can’t imagine myself loving a Bieber, Camila, or Demi album :ahh:

Edited by Taylucifer
6 minutes ago, Blackthorn said:

Why would I listen to an artist I don't like — a whole ass album, at that. :emofish:

Maybe you don’t not like them; maybe you just haven’t listened to the right album from them yet.

The way I see it, you should listen to music before placing judgment on it. Otherwise your opinion on it should just be indifferent regardless of how you felt about their previous/other work. I didn’t like Ariana’s “Dangerous Woman” album at all, or really any of her previous albums, but loved “Sweetener” and would have missed out on a really good album had I avoided it with an anti-Ariana narrative and baselessly said I don’t like an album I never listened to. Artists grow and experiment, so you may get a surprise now & then.

:pancake:

Blackthorn
1 minute ago, Anthem said:

Maybe you don’t not like them; maybe you just haven’t listened to the right album from them yet.

The way I see it, you should listen to music before placing judgment on it. Otherwise your opinion on it should just be indifferent regardless of how you felt about their previous/other work. I didn’t like Ariana’s “Dangerous Woman” album at all, or really any of her previous albums, but loved “Sweetener” and would have missed out on a really good album had I avoided it with an anti-Ariana narrative and baselessly said I don’t like an album I never listened to. Artists grow and experiment, so you may get a surprise now & then.

:pancake:

Ah I see! Thanks for the explanation!

Mr. Blue_Shirt
27 minutes ago, selena_lavigne said:

So... you don’t like an artist’s music but you like the majority of their discography?

do you mean artist’s who’s personality we don’t like?

whatever you want i guess

creativity.

I don’t really like Lana as a person and I’ve only liked 2-4 songs from most of her albums, but NFR is a masterpiece and one of the best albums of the 2010s

GuyNextDoor

I really enjoy Shawn's self-titled album. I don't dislike him though, I'm just indifferent towards him.

Selenasworld

Confident is a cute album don't get why flopped so bad, when Dangerous Woman and Sweetener were released I didn't like Ariana, I don't remember any other artist :michael: I'm not into Gaga but it's not that I don't like her i guess i liked Born this Way and ASIB

Kiss It Better

i love Lust For Life, in fact if it wasn't for that album (or Summer Bummer to be exact) i doubt i would like her music at all especially NFR and also folklore, evermore, Fine Line, The Slow Rush, The Ascension and these type of music

I dont dislike any artist but there are albums im just not into. Like I cant get into Lana's music but I dont dislike her, her music just isn't for me.

Mirrorcle

I can't stand that messy ex t.A.T.u member Julia but most of her solos post t.A.T.u are really good.