The Weeknd scoring a post-album hit with SYT. Surprised?

TalkThatRihanna

TalkThatRihanna

Almost a year since After Hours came out and The Weeknd is scoring a post album hit with Save Your Tears. The song is predicted to rise to #16 on the BBH100 next week and currently

#8 US YouTube

#14 on US Spotify & #12 on Spotify Global
#37 on US AM

#29 & #141 on US ITunes

Will post album hits become more common now that we’ve had Watermelon Sugar, Levitating (Remix), and now Save Your Tears?

Best song on the album DID that :clap3:

His team should drop BL a little bit on the radio and focus on SYT to make this a bigger hit.

Not surprised considering it’s one of this best songs. Ready for a jump to #1 after the super bowl assuming BL doesn’t block it.

FVzXNWu.gif

I hear this song everywhere and I'm shocked its just now starting to smash its so good. 

• ATRL Moderator
eaucitronnée

post-album hits have always been possible, it's just that artists have to actually push a bit harder now instead of just servicing it to radio. music videos etc are all necessary now

the streaming era has cut down the length of eras though. tht's for sure

Yes - I thought Blinding Lights was going to cannabalize the era

Amazing for him to even score another hit after Blinding Lights becomes the Billboard #2 Song of All-Time

TalkThatRihanna
5 minutes ago, brainmaniac said:

In your eyes flopped though 

Blinding Lights cannibalized it and became one of the biggest hits ever

Also, Save Your Tears is better than In Your Eyes

NumbFentyStan

Amazing song, so it's what he deserves :clap3:

Sad that BL ate all the other singles up, but at least this song got some shine.

Safe&Sound

In Your Eyes deserved :shakeno:

But tbh, it's the same formula as Watermelon Sugar. Interesting MV + TTH :clap3:

Not really. I'm more angry that he didn't push IYE hard enough and let Hardest To Love rot when it's a perfect winter single (and best song on the album)  :weeps:

The Superbowl will push SYT to the Top 5 hopefully. Heartless, BL, SYT all being hits :clap3:

Kiss It Better

payola because it's the worst song on the album, Too Late deserved 

SwiftLover

I’m surprised the GP is giving anything besides BL a chance :rip:

Chainsmoker
1 hour ago, bad guy said:

Not really. I'm more angry that he didn't push IYE hard enough and let Hardest To Love rot when it's a perfect winter single (and best song on the album)  :weeps:

The Superbowl will push SYT to the Top 5 hopefully. Heartless, BL, SYT all being hits :clap3:

This tea though :jonny4:

4 hours ago, bad guy said:

Whew if this ain’t the truth! It’s the superior song by miles but we are in the minority with that one. Taste:clap3:

wehavetostan

Not at all. It’s a fantastic song (and the best on the album). I hope he performs it at the Super Bowl and it reaches the top 10 :heart:

5 hours ago, kolope said:

Best song on the album DID that :clap3:

His team should drop BL a little bit on the radio and focus on SYT to make this a bigger hit.

True BL is overshadowing everything that came out after it. It had its moment and it's time for other songs to shine 

ReverseWarholian

The best song on the album did that :clap3:

More impressive in this case since it isn't a remix.