• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WeFoundWill

• MonsterNavy

• M-P-B

• BigBangStan

feuxtography
7 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

I'm prolly in the minority here but I think 1 comeback a year and having only 24 (all listenable) songs/discog is great. 

I dont want 2-3 comebacks a year like twice or red velvet etc :rip: its so cheap 

and having 15 songs every comeback twice a year while having only 1 slightly listenable song is not it for me :rip: 

Well first, Twice being unlistenable is an opinion. They have a very strong discography imo.

And from a business standpoint, this doesn't make sense considering BP will never catch up to Twices global album sales. (Note, I'm not saying they couldn't, but their lack of material prevents them from even making a dent in Twices overall sales.) 

welp, RIP BP.

now Blinks that called 2NE1 hasbeens will know how it feels when BP gets scrapped :fan: (hoping that doesn't happen, but it's YG...)

sickening
2 hours ago, feuxtography said:

Name any time YG ever focused on more than one girl group at a time. :rip: 

i just want to be optimistic :eli:

Mr. Blue_Shirt
18 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

I'm prolly in the minority here but I think 1 comeback a year and having only 24 (all listenable) songs/discog is great. 

I dont want 2-3 comebacks a year like twice or red velvet etc :rip: its so cheap 

and having 15 songs every comeback twice a year while having only 1 slightly listenable song is not it for me :rip: 

Well i wouldn't mind one comeback per year either but it would work if they release a full album with at least 10+ songs on it every year, but that's not the case here

58 minutes ago, Fleabag said:

I searched up baby monsters on twitter to see how blinks there were reacting and got a bunch of diaper fetish tweets :dancehall2:

:deadbanana4:

MonsterNavy
38 minutes ago, feuxtography said:

Well first, Twice being unlistenable is an opinion. They have a very strong discography imo.

And from a business standpoint, this doesn't make sense considering BP will never catch up to Twices global album sales. (Note, I'm not saying they couldn't, but their lack of material prevents them from even making a dent in Twices overall sales.) 

I really dont like their music. Their high pitched vocals is not it for me I guess

Of course they havent catched up with Twice's global album sales. They literally only have 1 album and 2 minis. While twice has.... like what? 50? :deadbanana:

hétérosexuelle

You guys are having meltdowns for nothing

they still make a lot of money for YG, well MOST money

They won’t be disbanded yet, only if the girls never renew 

WeFoundWill
58 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

You spilled bestie. Although I hate to admit it but with the spars releases they truly cut the filler fat from their discography 

I can live with this if we start getting full albums (8-10 tracks) on a yearly bases from here on out. 

And agreed. Twice for me basically only have good title tracks and 1 decent mini album (Feel Special) 

WeFoundWill

When It's all said and done BP will outsell Twice in SPS units globally. Probably  even sooner. With 1/10 of the releases

tumblr_m29v3nuofq1rtsg8ro1_r1_1280.thumb

but this is not BP vs Twice. 

feuxtography
5 minutes ago, WeFoundWill said:

When It's all said and done BP will outsell Twice in SPS units globally. Probably  even sooner. With 1/10 of the releases

but this is not BP vs Twice. 

Well yes, this isn't a BP vs Twice thread. I didn't bring them up first.

I love BP and Twice. I was just saying that the narrative of "YG appreciates quality over quantity" is BS when YG's ultimate goal as a corporation is to make money, and by having a catalog you can count on two hands in 5 years, it's less of a smart business decision and more due to YG consistently ****ting on the women who work for them.

This predates them. Just look at 2NE1 vs Big Bang. Both were their flagship groups, but only one of those groups has 100+ songs including major investments into solo work.

TaylenaStan
1 hour ago, MonsterNavy said:

I partly agree but there is definitely a good middle ground between constant releases like Twice and barely releasing anything like Blackpink.
Tbh it feels like BPs discography is basically 1-2 years delayed... imagine if we had the same amount of songs we have now at the end of 2019 and then got the rest of the solos + another album in 2020.. that would have been ideal imo

Edited by TaylenaStan
MonsterNavy

I'm actually not worried about Blackpink since they are literally YG's biggest artist/group like ever :rip: 

I dont think YG would do to bp what they did with 2ne1 :rip: lets hope

YG literally needs BLACKPINK, which is also in its prime sales-wise, they can’t destroy the group the way they sadly did with 2NE1.

thirdward

period, let’s end BP while they still on top so their legacy is intact 

-

im 21 and seeing 05 liners is very weird, maybe that’s why I can’t get into any new group 

thirdward
Just now, ZENO said:

YG literally needs BLACKPINK, which is also in its prime sales-wise, they can’t destroy the group the way they sadly did with 2NE1.

all the girls getting a solo (Jennie mini album :giraffe:) , a new album with the same stretched rollout as the album, a long ass tour, farewell single :giraffe:

10 minutes ago, thirdward said:

period, let’s end BP while they still on top so their legacy is intact 

-

im 21 and seeing 05 liners is very weird, maybe that’s why I can’t get into any new group 

but are you into itzy or stray kids?

2 minutes ago, thirdward said:

all the girls getting a solo (Jennie mini album :giraffe:) , a new album with the same stretched rollout as the album, a long ass tour, farewell single :giraffe:

Look, I’ll be a BlackJack until the end of my life so I’ll never forget YG for what he did in the past, but I really don’t think that they’ll treat BLACKPINK as badly.

There are way too many things involved:

- foreign record deal

- huge sponsorships

- reality shows (see: Lisa in China)

BLACKPINK is the one making money for YG, it would be non-sense to disband the group which is actually allowing the label to shine.

Imo, Baby Monster / BAEMON should have a stronger strategy for countries such as Japan, BLACKPINK doesn’t have a single original Japanese track VS BIGBANG having a whole discography dedicated to it.

thirdward
7 minutes ago, Soobin said:

but are you into itzy or stray kids?

I tolerate them, i liked nct dream tho :giraffe:

4 minutes ago, ZENO said:

Look, I’ll be a BlackJack until the end of my life so I’ll never forget YG for what he did in the past, but I really don’t think that they’ll treat BLACKPINK as badly.

There are way too many things involved:

- foreign record deal

- huge sponsorships

- reality shows (see: Lisa in China)

BLACKPINK is the one making money for YG, it would be non-sense to disband the group which is actually allowing the label to shine.

Imo, Baby Monster / BAEMON should have a stronger strategy for countries such as Japan, BLACKPINK doesn’t have a single original Japanese track VS BIGBANG having a whole discography dedicated to it.

I hope you’re right, I’m just mentally preparing for the worst :giraffe:

(so the plan is to pray for Big Bang to flop and treasure to continue flopping)

MonsterNavy

Btw completely off topic but how much are Jennie's solo physical album sales korea and ww? Digital sales and sps? Tysm!

OT: BaeMon :eli: 

MonsterNavy
1 minute ago, thirdward said:

I tolerate them, i liked nct dream tho :giraffe:

I hope you’re right, I’m just mentally preparing for the worst :giraffe:

(so the plan is to pray for Big Bang to flop and treasure to continue flopping)

The taste. Mark, Jeno & Jaemin are kings. Do you like the other nct sub units too? 

-

Is treasure really a flop? I read they are YG's new money makers too? Or is that fake news? :rip: