• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simplywohoo

• ProudLBS

• gloamingtheplain

• Adam’s Eve

Top Posters In This Topic

simplywohoo

I kinda get it, serves the fantasy of turning a straight guy gay even tho ofc it's just a role. However I still think it's important to predominantly cast actually gay actors for those roles, which doesn't mean no straights should ever play gay roles.

atrl users will criticise this as if they don’t spend half their lives thirsting over str8s

ninasayers
2 minutes ago, simplywohoo said:

I kinda get it, serves the fantasy of turning a straight guy gay even tho ofc it's just a role. However I still think it's important to predominantly cast actually gay actors for those roles, which doesn't mean no straights should ever play gay roles.

this. kind of a weird thing for him to say, tho... but okay 

Tinashegrande6

Um :psyduck:

Though I think he's using sexy to mean "cool/trendy" rather than "hot", based on the full quote.

4 minutes ago, simplywohoo said:

His comment is kinda problematic but the idea of straight actors playing gay roles is not, because they are actors, same as gay actors can play straight roles. An actor can play any role because it's their jobs.

Ampersand13
7 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

gay 4 pay >>>

Why pay when you've got a free ride right here :eli:

OT: Is there more to his comments? Let me investigate, otherwise... :biblio:

Smarticle
9 minutes ago, Nocturne said:

atrl users will criticise this as if they don’t spend half their lives thirsting over str8s

this

RebbDzo.gif

19 minutes ago, Nocturne said:

!!!

27 minutes ago, simplywohoo said:

I kinda get it, serves the fantasy of turning a straight guy gay

I think we as the gay community need to collectively get over this complex

FloridaKilos

I think it's fine. Straight actors should be allowed to play gay roles, the same way gay actors should be allowed to be play straight roles. People choose the wrong things to complain about. :celestial5:

Miss Show Business

I find this more problematic for validating the "straight guy" fantasy. It's just toxic and a bad message to send to LGBTQ youth.

Legendary

Meh I think it's a much more nuanced conversation than we all make it out to be, but the bigger issue is that we need to see queer roles that have identities and stories beyond their sexuality

Mr. Blue_Shirt

I mean, he's one of those gays who love straight guys doing some gays sht. No suprise here

:celestial5: