Doja Cat’s “Streets”: #26 AM / #41 Spotify US

istan4badgalriri

Greatest gainer on Spotify US :jonny5:

+ Debuts at #20 on YouTube US

The amount of viral TikTok hits that album has got and the amount of times RCA has dropped the ball by not capitalizing on it. They better do not the same this time

7 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

The amount of viral TikTok hits that album has got and the amount of times RCA has dropped the ball by not capitalizing on it. They better do not the same this time

tea. obviously the album has done very well but it could've been so much bigger with the right management, like considering the amount of clout Doja has right now with tik tok generation..

Queen. Not a fan of this song but I am so happy it seems like she is getting another hit :clap3:

Someone do something about Addiction, please, I'm begging

they NEED to push this, her best song and the fact that it's already doing similar numbers to Say So before it got released:jonny5:

Her BEST song. This could be another massive hit like Say So.

1 hour ago, Cloudy said:

Yeah, they just let all the songs do their own thing :skull: Even Boss Bitch went Platinum in the US & was certified in 7 more countries. The only thing they did was drop a video and forget about the song. With the proper push they could have all become big hits.

The way Doja's team is handling TikTok buzz is exactly the opposite of the way Megan's team does (see Savage, Captain Hook, Body, Cry Baby).

1 hour ago, Fruity said:

tea. obviously the album has done very well but it could've been so much bigger with the right management, like considering the amount of clout Doja has right now with tik tok generation..

This is why the next album is likely to smash.  Unless the music is HORRIBLE I can’t see Doja not going viral + pulling major streaming #s.

In RCAs defense though, many of her tracks went viral in the middle of them pushing other singles (like when “Candy” went viral, or when “Like That” went viral before it could become a single).  

TikTok is kind of a blessing and a curse in terms of timing lol.  You can see that with Megan’s “Body”...it made it a hit, but now “Crybaby” is taking over before “Body” can even hit Top 10.  

27 minutes ago, espeon said:

Yeah, they just let all the songs do their own thing :skull: Even Boss Bitch went Platinum in the US & was certified in 7 more countries. The only thing they did was drop a video and forget about the song. With the proper push they could have all become big hits.

The way Doja's team is handling TikTok buzz is exactly the opposite of the way Megan's team does (see Savage, Captain Hook, Body, Cry Baby).

Re: Meg...see my last post.  I feel like her team be switching singles to quickly though. Like she didn’t give “Body” enough time to breathe imo.  I think eventually it’ll re-peak (hopefully), but these trends come and go so quickly...I could see why RCA decide not to chase every trend.  

But I guess that’s the struggle of having to depend on TikTok. :skull: 

But given that February she’s dropping new music, and the album is reportedly not coming until the Summer...they probably plan on working a few singles pre-album.  I think that might offer some flexibility in chasing TikTok trends.   

Edited by professor2000

1 hour ago, Cloudy said:

THIS. I really wish her team capitalised on Cyber Sex when it was going viral, that could’ve been her “breakthrough” (if you don’t count Juicy).

Her best sing, the beat is SICK

I can't stand this song, literally any of other song should be doing this :dies:

Rules deserved 

they need to add it to TTH and film a video (even if it's simple) ASAP

9 hours ago, professor2000 said:

Re: Meg...see my last post.  I feel like her team be switching singles to quickly though. Like she didn’t give “Body” enough time to breathe imo.  I think eventually it’ll re-peak (hopefully), but these trends come and go so quickly...I could see why RCA decide not to chase every trend.  

But I guess that’s the struggle of having to depend on TikTok. :skull: 

But given that February she’s dropping new music, and the album is reportedly not coming until the Summer...they probably plan on working a few singles pre-album.  I think that might offer some flexibility in chasing TikTok trends.   

The more time they give a song to grow / let another take over the better, so the long distance between February and the album drop will be beneficial. Like you said with Megan, things are moving very quickly all the time and the same thing happened with Suga (Captain Hook outperforming B.I.T.C.H. despite being a promotional single initially and then Savage cannibalizing Captain Hook, then CH suddenly having a revival during Savage's breakthrough etc.)

I'd understand RCA would have more of a problem if they were pushing another single and Streets was gaining heavily like this but she has NOTHING of her own out at the moment. I know they're waiting for next month but they really shouldn't drop the ball on this like I know they're going to...

4 minutes ago, dangerousalex said:

The more time they give a song to grow / let another take over the better, so the long distance between February and the album drop will be beneficial. Like you said with Megan, things are moving very quickly all the time and the same thing happened with Suga (Captain Hook outperforming B.I.T.C.H. despite being a promotional single initially and then Savage cannibalizing Captain Hook, then CH suddenly having a revival during Savage's breakthrough etc.)

I'd understand RCA would have more of a problem if they were pushing another single and Streets was gaining heavily like this but she has NOTHING of her own out at the moment. I know they're waiting for next month but they really shouldn't drop the ball on this like I know they're going to...

Yep, agreed @ the last part.  

I feel like they’re gonna tack it on to DC3, but we shall see.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.