drivers license breaks Drake's all-time record in US Spotify

TayDine1989

32 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

Speaking of... how come selena and billie always release on a wendesday/thursday and olivia on a friday? That means the release day thing is their teams’ fault and not the label

It could be their team, but if it’s their team then Interscope is even more useless for not forcing them to release on fridays. Billie and Selena releases are ****ed up because of this. They lose high debuts for no reason at all.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thuggin

• Cryptique

• onewillowsilk

• Kyoto

4 hours ago, Fading said:

I wonder if this isn't the time for Billboard to truly realign the weight of streaming again. This song truly deserves a No. 1 this week but I don't think the points it will have represent the real level of consumption, especially compared to other big songs out right now.

Also, this opens a new necessary lane for artists and labels: captivate kids from 8 to 13 years old.

billboard just gave more weigth for Airplay and pure sales

3 hours ago, Dória Gentili said:

Cringe

And why exactly? I like for everyone to have a chance to succeed in the music landscape and female pop singer have been having a hard time breaking through for years now that the trends have shifted since circa 2008-2014. This doesn't meet my taste specifically or what I like to listen to, but I'm glad she's smashing for the reasons above. 

I hate this close minded comments by people that judge strangers by THEIR OWN standards thinking that those are THE standards, and for 4 words they have written on the internet. 

5 hours ago, TayDine1989 said:

why would anyone think this is manipulated? :ace:

Low IQ tingz. 

4 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

i love how atrl whitewashes everything and everyone to the point of identity erasure

Report the racists with me sis! 

1 hour ago, Blue Rose said:

She’s clearly very white passing. I didn’t know she was asian until I saw someone post it on atrl. I doubt most people know. But thats not why she is smashing (it’s helping tho.) We cant take her talent away from her.

Insane that she stomped on Drake. We thought he was invincible :jonny5:

Her last name is “Rodrigo” and you can tell on the single cover and the video that she’s at least olive skinned. :deadbanana: you all act like she’s receiving this success because she’s white. Show me where these streams are for all the other white girls that release? :deadbanana:

She looks more Filipino than white tbh

3 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

I thought she was Latina because of her last name. Then I remembered that Filipinos are basically the Latinos of Asia 

35 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

It's really annoying to see people dismissing her as white when she's very clearly not just white. 

Some people never get out of their small towns I guess

1 hour ago, FAN said:

Low IQ tingz. 

Report the racists with me sis! 

Her last name is “Rodrigo” and you can tell on the single cover and the video that she’s at least olive skinned. :deadbanana: you all act like she’s receiving this success because she’s white. Show me where these streams are for all the other white girls that release? :deadbanana:

it's like the argument "she has tiktok and Instagram followers," as if there aren't people with far huger #s for both who can't get a hit

Just now, fridayteenage said:

it's like the argument "she has tiktok and Instagram followers," as if there aren't people with far huger #s for both who can't get a hit

So stupid. :shakeno: we stan the next Taylor. Thought it would be Camila but the GP just doesn’t want it. :cries2:

Legend really ending the girlies just like that :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, itsjem said:

And why exactly? I like for everyone to have a chance to succeed in the music landscape and female pop singer have been having a hard time breaking through for years now that the trends have shifted since circa 2008-2014. This doesn't meet my taste specifically or what I like to listen to, but I'm glad she's smashing for the reasons above. 

I hate this close minded comments by people that judge strangers by THEIR OWN standards thinking that those are THE standards, and for 4 words they have written on the internet. 

Very cringe

6 hours ago, onewillowsilk said:

Everyone screaming she ended Drake not seeing that the 4 other songs in the top 5 biggest streaming days on Spotify US belong to him :rip:

Happy for her but the other side of this is it sets unrealistic expectations for whatever she drops next. Roddy Ricch hasn't made another hit as big as the Box, Lil Nas X hasn't made another hit as big as Old Town Road and Travis Scott hasn't made another hit as big as Sicko Mode. It's very difficult to surpass yourself when you're already peaking this high with your first single. 

For her sake, I hope her next couple singles also smash because otherwise, she'll be label a one-hit wonder and will be tied to success of this song for the rest of her career. 

Some of you need to stop being disrespectful mentioning icons who have smashed for 10+ years and saying they've being stomped on because a 17 year old dropped a debut single that's smashing. I know it's an overreaction but still. 

Drivers License might do five days that are bigger than Nonstop though. :mandown:

Last week if you would’ve told me a 17 year old FEMALE artist was gonna break DRAKE’s record with her debut single I probably would’ve laughed at you, but look where we are now :rip:

It’s quite insane when you consider that even the biggest/most-established female streaming Goliaths weren’t touching any of the men’s records :jonny: everything with the folklore, tun, wwafa, etc. streaming records have been female-specific, cause men just naturally pull so far ahead with the gp

1 hour ago, 305 said:

EIt's really annoying to see people dismissing her as white when she's very clearly not just white. 

Some people never get out of their small towns I guess

My first time (and many others in the gp) seeing her was on the single cover, and she is very obviously not fully white at first glance. These people make it seem like she’s a blonde-hair blue-eyed Taylor Swift lookalike or something just to try and dismiss her success :deadbanana2: put her next to ari, billie, taylor, etc. and she’s clearly not white like they are... never change, atrl :dies:

Nah, I'm sorry but either she's a plant or this is payola involved.

TikTok seems like a cult.

26 minutes ago, St. Francis said:

Nah, I'm sorry but either she's a plant or this is payola involved.

TikTok seems like a cult.

qeN1Ylbl.thumb.jpg.71bda96548d29af4bbbd6qeN1Ylbl.thumb.jpg.71bda96548d29af4bbbd6qeN1Ylbl.thumb.jpg.71bda96548d29af4bbbd6

6 hours ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

Right?? Olivia literally looks like a typical mixed Filipina. You can even see girls that look similar to her facial-wise in the Philippines. The most "white thing" about her is her nose (high bridge). Other than that, it's typical Filipino facial features. :dies:

12 hours ago, MingYouToo said:

she's easily skipping the Miley Selen Demi level and is probably not gonna do any HSM S3 (if it ever happens) and focus on her 2nd era, she's probably gonna get as much if not more push than Ariana had with her 2nd era. She's in the market of Ariana and Taylor and that's basically a recipe for MPG force potential.

Imagine a 17/18 year old in 2022 blocking Adele's lead :deadbanana2: the charts really said KIDS rule the world. Maybe ME! was the right step for miss Taylor after all.

oh snap I didn't know she was 17 about to turn 18 next month.

A Lorde tea.

If she snags a #1 album though Britney, Lorde and Olivia will be the trinity of youngest females with #1 albums and singles.

Her team better get on it.

The effortless slayage is just wow. This is without excessive promo, without radio. Queen! 

2 minutes ago, coolgirl98 said:

The effortless slayage is just wow. This is without excessive promo, without radio. Queen! 

the fact that it has less than 5M on radio. I checked the top 200 to see if she was gaining N/A.

I hope she has some great content songs this year to follow because the best new artist award is HERS if she can at least follow this up with a few more.

I think people want something they can relate to again.

People need content after this reset into the new decade.

More singer songwriters will prop up this decade than ever. 

12 hours ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Officially think her numbers are being manipulated in some way :giraffe:

And officially I think your out of touch. 

7 minutes ago, slw84 said:

the fact that it has less than 5M on radio. I checked the top 200 to see if she was gaining N/A.

I hope she has some great content songs this year to follow because the best new artist award is HERS if she can at least follow this up with a few more.

I think people want something they can relate to again.

People need content after this reset into the new decade.

More singer songwriters will prop up this decade than ever. 

I think its too early to claim BNA especially with her being as young as she is and I feel the Grammys rarely respect Disney kids. But I think she definitely has a shot. 

She certainly has a lot more content. She’s always writing and posting snippets on her instagram. I saw clip of a song I really liked the other day. I think it was called The Exception, it sounded terrific. Hopefully that will be on her upcoming EP. Hopefully her label has a solid plan.  She should release the EP as soon as she can cause people are hungry. 

This song is cute. I'm glad to see a new female on the scene just explode like this, and snatch records from these boring men.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.