• Thuggin

• Cryptique

• onewillowsilk

• Kyoto

3 minutes ago, Thuggin said:

you can be both white AND filipino :rip:

Darren Criss has made an entire career out of it

Just now, Thuggin said:

this, like just say you’re too old and disconnected to see why this song is smashing :bibliahh: they’re mad their own faves aren’t doing it, my other faves included 

No one’s doing it lbr, only Mariah during Christmas.

The insecurities tho of some users:rip:.

Miss Rodrigo will end all of our faves when she releases her fun catchy second single. 

6 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Rodrigo’s Mother is Irish/German; her Father is Filipino. HER’s Mother is Filipino and her Father is Black, but I don’t see people calling her Filipino. 

H.E.R is Asian??? :deadbanana2:

the fact that my little sister was watching her live streams 5 months ago and i had no idea who she was and now she’s pulling this i....

Thinking Of You
1 minute ago, Thuggin said:

she’s literally a certified main pop girl with this song alone, if you think she’s going to be a one hit wonder you’re delusional :rip:

Let’s not jump to conclusions. Teen eras aren’t successful for very long and babygirl could just be another Carly Rae. I hope she isn’t but you know, that’s the reality.

There's a few things I really dislike about the song/the success it's having but this is actually something I'm happy about :jonny5:

4 minutes ago, Thuggin said:

she’s literally a certified main pop girl with this song alone

:rip: 

You don’t become a MPG because of 1 song, if you did then Carly Rae Jepsen, Meghan Trainor and Lorde would be MPGs simply because Call Me Maybe, All About That Bass and Royals smashed :lmao: 

Edited by CaptainMusic

6 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Rodrigo’s Mother is Irish/German; her Father is Filipino. HER’s Mother is Filipino and her Father is Black, but I don’t see people calling her Filipino. 

2 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

If you can call her Filipino when she’s half then he can call her white. No double standards.

People need to call her what she is - biracial and just leave it at that.

Lol this is SO true. Filipinos don’t claim H.E.R because they are anti black but they are quick to claim Olivia because she’s white passing despite both being equally Filipino.

People aren’t ready for that convo yet though.

who said that?? we Filo ATRLers are proud of H.E.R. but leave the locals out of the conversation cause webeenknew Asians in general are obsessed with white..

meanwhile, here on ATRL, westerners remain ignorant and painting Filipinos as what they've been told by mainstream media :dies:

2 minutes ago, The Witch said:

I wonder how Joshua's single will perform :WAP:

I'm excited for this!!! The stans so annoying already flooding hate comments at joshua's ig

drivers license smashing reminds me so much of tun during its release week. both songs became huge bc of the story behind it (the fact that they are good songs only adds to it), the difference is that streaming is much bigger now and that olivia is a teenager so her song had a bigger impact among gen x.

Impressive numbers.:clap3:

2 minutes ago, Sept said:

H.E.R. is half Filipina

:jonny5:

5 minutes ago, Thuggin said:

she’s literally a certified main pop girl with this song alone, if you think she’s going to be a one hit wonder you’re delusional :rip: people are interested in her, not just the song

this. She's gonna be the next mpg is she plays her cards right. 

3 minutes ago, Sept said:

I was shock as well. Nnnn

3 minutes ago, Sept said:

H.E.R. is half Filipina

1 minute ago, Cryptique said:

H.E.R. is half Filipina

Did you also just know about it now? Lol

26 minutes ago, Fitzswiftie said:

Ariana did but Jesus not like this not like hard

Ariana didn't smash like this until years after her debut. Selena and Demi still don't have hits to their name that will be as big and iconic as drivers license. I know it's a different landscape now in the peak streaming era and the other girlies debuted more in the digital era or transition from digital to streaming but still, to make a debut like THIS is just, whoaaa. 

Edited by GeminiCat

9 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Girl... :rip:

It’s one song and it’s going viral on TikTok. The Disney-watching tweens are streaming it mercilessly. The ‘Male’ response will probably do big #’s. Let’s wait until she releases a second/third single single or album before talking about her stomping on anyone at their peaks.

”OTR” did the same thing in 2019. 

Everyone screaming she ended Drake not seeing that the 4 other songs in the top 5 biggest streaming days on Spotify US belong to him :rip:

Happy for her but the other side of this is it sets unrealistic expectations for whatever she drops next. Roddy Ricch hasn't made another hit as big as the Box, Lil Nas X hasn't made another hit as big as Old Town Road and Travis Scott hasn't made another hit as big as Sicko Mode. It's very difficult to surpass yourself when you're already peaking this high with your first single. 

For her sake, I hope her next couple singles also smash because otherwise, she'll be label a one-hit wonder and will be tied to success of this song for the rest of her career. 

Some of you need to stop being disrespectful mentioning icons who have smashed for 10+ years and saying they've being stomped on because a 17 year old dropped a debut single that's smashing. I know it's an overreaction but still. 

3 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

Let’s not jump to conclusions. Teen eras aren’t successful for very long and babygirl could just be another Carly Rae. I hope she isn’t but you know, that’s the reality.

2 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

:rip: 

You don’t become a MPG because of 1 song, if you did then Carly Rae Jepsen, Meghan Trainor and Lorde would be MPGs simply because Call Me Maybe, All About That Bass and Royals smashed :lmao: 

her next album will be bigger than tu,n (when people started calling ariana a main pop girl) and you can bookmark me and come back to this!

H.E.R. , saweetie, J Rey Soul

beautiful Black-Filipinas 

1 minute ago, kwek_kwek said:

Did you also just know about it now? Lol

NOPE.. knew about it after her first grammy noms

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.