Update: Olivia demolishes with 19M on spotify counter

Michael196

1 hour ago, Starkboy said:

she actually did +15,167,905 on the counter so the "discount" was basically 3.5M. 

also the higher the numbers the bigger the discount seems to be generally

BTS had almost a 5M discount in comparison despite debuting with "only" 12.6M

Then why Billie and Taylor for example got less than 1M discount? Or maybe the discount is not because of mass streaming as people thought it to be? :coffee2:

2 hours ago, Sept said:

Then why Billie and Taylor for example got less than 1M discount? Or maybe the discount is not because of mass streaming as people thought it to be? :coffee2:

it has something to do with free streams and paid streams, but I totally forgot what exactly!

6 hours ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

What is going on? Who is this girl? I was lowkey absent from ATRL for two days and there is a new sensation happening?? 

Can someone answer this question? Wtf is going on?

6 hours ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

What is going on? Who is this girl? I was lowkey absent from ATRL for two days and there is a new sensation happening?? 

Can someone answer this question? Wtf is going on?

16 hours ago, Sept said:

Didnt that happen only with their album releases? "Discounts" barely happen for them.

I'm pretty sure it has to do with mass strraming.

20 hours ago, Sept said:

I think it has to do with people replaying the sings and Spotify ''discounting'' (do NOT ask me why tho :skull:) those streams from the official chart. Since Olivia only has like 2 songs she's gonna get many filtered streams since most listeners are replaying the songs. I can't verify any of this tho so take it with a grain of salt. :deadbanana2: 

1 hour ago, AMIT said:

I think it has to do with people replaying the sings and Spotify ''discounting'' (do NOT ask me why tho :skull:) those streams from the official chart. Since Olivia only has like 2 songs she's gonna get many filtered streams since most listeners are replaying the songs. I can't verify any of this tho so take it with a grain of salt. :deadbanana2: 

Welp that would be true for me. I keep replaying DL and All I Want. Don’t really care for the stuff she didn’t write especially when other people start singing.

Omg! Congrats! 

this must show my age because aside from stan twitter... I've heard 0 people talk about her or seent he song anywhere. This is beyond bizarre. Not even people posting it on Social media stories...

Most of my friends are mid twenties though

6 minutes ago, Kool_Aid_King said:

this must show my age because aside from stan twitter... I've heard 0 people talk about her or seent he song anywhere. This is beyond bizarre. Not even people posting it on Social media stories...

It's literally decimating records in every country. It's insane! :rip: We're so old. But I love the song tbh, so I'm not mad.

24 minutes ago, Kool_Aid_King said:

same i was so surprised to see she exploded out of nowhere so i was curious and asked my friends and no one knew the song or even her existed:rip: but apparently the reality is the opposite of my social circle

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.