DL breaks TUN record with 5.6M in US, 11.5M global

Eglė

I'm sort of indifferent to her and this song. However, I think this shows just how out of touch we are with the younger generation. I honestly had no idea people still watched television. 

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baby Judas

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Eglė

• MingYouToo

6 minutes ago, St. Charles said:

I think this shows just how out of touch we are with the younger generation.

This. Did she already have a fan base? Cause I'd never heard of her before.

1 minute ago, HabbGaga said:

This. Did she already have a fan base? Cause I'd never heard of her before.

She apparently was on two Disney shows, but they both tanked.

IIRC the Swifties are supporting her. But this is going to be stronger than cardigan and willow combined so I'm not sure that has much to do with it. 

3 hours ago, Mezter said:

This is so funny to me. Literally no one has came out with a bang like this :dies:

ariana literally debuted just like this :deadbanana2: except she was in the digital era. lbr olivia would do the way level numbers had she been 17 and released in 2013.

the way would easily smash in streaming had ariana debuted at this time too.

3 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

How is that delusional? They are at 86 million subscribers. 30% of them are Hotstar Subscribers, which inflates the number. They purchased and re-branded the largest streaming service in India to Disney+. But most of the content driving up the paid subscription is Sports and HBO programming on Hotstar. Netflix took 10 years to reach there because Netflix created the market. And even then in most Asian markets, it is incredibly expensive compared to Disney+. 

Disney+ is fast growing and would eventually be as big as Netflix once the Marvel shows start hitting the platform, but that 86 million is not directly comparable at all. 

It's delusional, because it's factually false. I know, because I'm not in the US and can attest to the huge success of Disney+ in my country. So trying to argue a platform that has approximately 100M subscribers is US-centric is flat out ridiculous.

I guess you'll keep trying it though. :coffee2:

32 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Congrats? It's a smashing two-country success? 

I’m sure in your mind, that’s absolutely the case. But don’t worry, Disney is aware of the colossal success of the platform.

4 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

I don't know if Disney is so confident, why are you so worried. But bless those Hotstar subscribers helping with stock prices. 

I think you’ve confused clocking your nonsense with ‘worry’. You gave it a good try though! Stay mad, I guess?

Really surprising! I see her going more for Lorde and Billie's spot, rather than Ariana's. 

There's literally no way this is happening organically :toofunny3:

39 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

She is smashing every metric. Radio is catching up (starting to receive 100+ spins every day, 65 adds on Top 40), the song is dominating every single streaming service (and not only in US).

There’s no way in hell someone could orchestrate a scam this big when a song is pulling numbers like these on every single platform. 

On 1/13/2021 at 9:41 AM, FloridaKilos said:

There's no way this is organic.

1 hour ago, Cloudy said:

This.

People really believe anything...

Anyway..I'm sure some people are listening too..there is zero competition right now.

I read DL and tought this was about Dua Lipa... ATRL needs to stop doing abreviatons for everything :rip:

And who's this Rodrigo girl anyway? Never heard of her, and suddenly she is all over ATRL :rip:

Edited by Mr. Loco

Oh wow how is that even possible:deadbanana2: the song is cute but there is something fishy about this

Better song WON! Congrats!! :)

Crazy numbers :rip: 

I haven't seen such a strong debut single from a pop girl....since I Kissed a Girl / Just Dance globally and Tik Tok by Kesha in the US, I guess.

These are some fishy numbers for suuuure, and high school musical series songs couldn't even reach 1% of these numbers, suddenly an unknown actress from that show was able to pull off these huge numbers and break mega stream acts???? Suspicious asf. 

13 hours ago, C-Amber said:

These are some fishy numbers for suuuure, and high school musical series songs couldn't even reach 1% of these numbers, suddenly an unknown actress from that show was able to pull off these huge numbers and break mega stream acts???? Suspicious asf. 

Yep. Lots of payola and push at play. She’s a nobody relatively and suddenly she’s the biggest female in the USA? Interesting 

QueenofCopyPaste
36 minutes ago, Vrx. said:

Yep. Lots of payola and push at play. She’s a nobody relatively and suddenly she’s the biggest female in the USA? Interesting 

lol!

On 1/12/2021 at 9:28 AM, Green said:

:eli: 

Britney was the one that cheated that time though  :eli: 

even that song didnt go number 1 or create a big a smash as this one is...something is FISHY

On 1/16/2021 at 7:43 PM, C-Amber said:

Who is her her manager? Her PR? I know she is under interscope. It may just be a lightning in a bottle hit but she def has a TEAM behind her.

34 minutes ago, FreeXone said:

Who is her her manager? Her PR? I know she is under interscope. It may just be a lightning in a bottle hit but she def has a TEAM behind her.

She was in Utah filming S2 of HSM when the song came out and she didn’t even expect it to chart. This is as organic as they come. :deadbanana:

On 1/17/2021 at 10:24 PM, FAN said:

She was in Utah filming S2 of HSM when the song came out and she didn’t even expect it to chart. This is as organic as they come. :deadbanana:

It would be her team doing the work behind the scenes to make it pop, there is nothing she needs to do. She shot the music video and recorded the song the rest is up to them. lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.