DL breaks TUN record with 5.6M in US, 11.5M global

Eglė

This is insane. :jonny:

Young teens really came through. I wonder how it'll hold up and if it can stay afloat during album bombs like Drake's.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baby Judas

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Eglė

• MingYouToo

1 hour ago, MingYouToo said:

IFPI 2021 #1 already even if Adele releases, she can't fight the 13-18 year olds STREAMING power :deadbanana2:

Imagine if Adele finally released and Olivia blocked her :deadbanana4:

11 minutes ago, Tistotal said:

Why some of you are saying this is an OTR 2.0?

I don't remember OTR smashing that hard abruptly tbh :deadbanana4:

This was literally from Saturday to Sunday :rip:

This and OTR is an absolutely garbage song.

All the complaints about women being weak on streaming just for this random teenager to come up and pull an Adele on everyone fff

that phenomenon tiktok and gen-z ha power

3 minutes ago, Aram said:

Did it become viral on Tiktok as well?

Song is perfect for the new streaming era.

It's like mega viral on Tiktok. The story behind the song is imo, even more viral than the song itself. :rip: 

this is one of the most random things in pop music ever lmao

the fact she had less than 2M followers until the song release....literally a nobody

2 hours ago, Doogle said:

Dhdjdjd

What other songs have even managed that

TUN:mandown:

34 minutes ago, badgirlriri said:

I think its simply the mega updates before radio/ playlist support that make it comparable

oh yeah, got it

its getting weird

Riley parks GIF - Find on GIFER

An iconic solo debut. Crazy In Love tea 

50 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

I don't think this is really "fishy" or "suspicious" at all - on the contrary, I think it's a little weird to label it that way - but I find the phenomenon constituted by this song pretty fascinating. I definitely want to know more about where this success is coming from. It's not a bad song at all, though of course it owes a lot to Lorde, so I hesitate to question how it's connecting with people. It's not generic dance-pop radio fodder, it's got a bit of heart and a genuine touch to it, it's catchy, it's relatable, and the bridge is kind of a slay (a Melodrama tea and I LOVE Melodrama). The only truly surprising thing is how she came seemingly out of nowhere.

I feel like this is going to be huge - like obviously it already is having shattered the record for songs by women, but I think it'll have sustained success and possibly be the newest ten-week number one. I just don't see this incredible level of success evaporating, and if radio picks it up relatively fast, it's over for others on the charts for a while.

Until yesterday I thought the song would probably be frontloaded cuz it really didn't sound catchy to me, but today I heard it on dutch radio and it was my second listen and the song snapped :skull: It's definitely catchy and radio friendly so yeah I can see it being a huge OTR-like smash. This could hit 10 weeks at number 1 with ease if radio jumps on board - which they 100% will cuz right now she probably has the support of the entire industry due to the crazy ass numbers. 

As for the first paragraph of yours - yes I agree. I don't think it's suspicious or anything, but it is weird, fascinating and a bunch of other things :rip: 

48 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

Imagine if Adele finally released and Olivia blocked her :deadbanana4:

shut up :jonny5:

I think Adele can pull  through simply cuz she'll hit like 200-300k digital sales (at least, maybe 500k), no? 

Edited by Mariano

239K on Spotify Ireland! That's like 3.3 million in the UK or 17 million in the US. How is this possible?

Edited by NMG19

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.