Least respected legend among GP: Madonna, Mariah or MJ?

Donquizote

Donquizote

Who do you think is the least respected legend among GP? 

Mariah, Madonna or Michael?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Don't Stop Me Now

• stevyy

• Joey....

• GlamSlam

After Leaving Neverland, probably Michael Jackson. Kinda tanked his reputation for a lot of people.

I would say Madonna. I've seen multiple times people mocking her but in terms of music she's inspiration to a lot of the new (and old) pop girlies.

BrooklynBoy
6 minutes ago, Everest said:

After Leaving Neverland, probably Michael Jackson. Kinda tanked his reputation for a lot of people.

Most people didn’t even believe the “victims”

Sadly, Mariah. But ONLY because Mariah still stayed relevant and was competing with the girls into 2010. Madonna was already considered "old" when Hung Up came out, but Mariah was considered a contemporary in that same year with WBT.

Earth Ripper

Mariah. She's liked (esp. during the holiday season) but who respects her nowadays, honestly. At least Madonna gets frequently mentioned for her impact and trailblazing. Mariah only ever had her voice and nowadays her NYE disaster video comes to mind faster than anything else, so...

Don't Stop Me Now

Madonna.

She’s the only legend left that I see people begging to retire. 

Mtjjproducer

MJ is the biggest he will always be the most respected

Mariah- Was one of the best singers of all time (she's still good just not as good), many number 1's, Christmas classic

Madonna has ruined her reputation with cringy behavior and isn't really respected for how big she once was

Madonna will be respected a lot more once she dies, but until then her trying to stay relevant and fun in the 2010s did damage to her GP image. Overall mariah will probably be the least respected as a whole 

If the public respected Mariah then they would buy her $80 tickets and skip Madonna's $400 ones. But that's not the case, isn't it? ;) 

Mariah's team was smarter at integrating her presence into social media, while Madonna's team just learned how to use YouTube in 2018 (and she herself doesn't give a flying ****). Basically - give it time. :rip: Either you way, you guys over-estimate that field (in the context of respect). Stevie Nicks earned over a million followers overnight and the video she posted got like 30m+ views on TikTok after Dreams went viral there.

Had Madonna just posted a similar video when Material Girl went viral there the reaction would have been the same and she would have instantly gathered tons of momentum there which would create this mirage of "omg they love her again!!!" sphere so let's not pretend like social media hype is something to write home about in the bigger picture. 

Michael Jackson:rip:???

tumblr_inline_ntr9v7D4tL1t6mh9s_250.gifv

I guess his death really made some people forget his reputation because chile, his public image was in the gutter before passing away :rip: ...

EUZEco1WkAEGj6W?format=jpg&name=360x360

EUZEcoyWoAEZXmK.jpg

EUZEcoyWAAAPNLM?format=jpg&name=small

The GP doesn't really care about morals, though especially if you are a man (the same reason why people like Chris Brown and 6ix9ine still have careers) but yeah, Christmas memes and cringy Instagram selfies >>> having your name associated with pedophilia forever :doc:.

46 minutes ago, Everest said:

He's still more respected than Madonna & Mariah despite that. Male artists get the upper hand in that field because respect of the GP = respect from straight men.

57 minutes ago, BrooklynBoy said:

Most people didn’t even believe the “victims”

I'd say it was 50/50 after Leaving Neverland was shown, then when the story about the train station came out more people started questioning the "victims".

Edited by GlamSlam

People never stopped listening to MJ, copying him etc even during his darkest times. People never denied his talent and impact as an artist. He sold out 50 shows BEFORE his death. Had People buying his compilations during the trial.

MJ is the most respected and unfortunately  Madonna is the least right now imo...