Spotify: Drivers License 10M+ streams on a Sunday

JawBreaker

I’m really surprised at the smash this is turning out to be, because the song itself is so non-descript. Good for ha, tho

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JawBreaker

• Kyoto

• myles

• Listentoyourheart

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Nip Tuck said:

Billie didn’t do these numbers with her debut single please :rip:

exactly. it’s not really a valid comparison as they had completely different trajectories. 

billie is the product of playlisting. they didn’t chase one particular hit with her, but built her fanbase through multiple songs over the period of like a year on apple music. 

the only similarity is that billie still wasn’t really known to the masses when she had that major overnight breakthrough with her album release.

• ATRL Moderator

It's what she deserves :jamming:

I think the reason I'm annoyed by this song/getting over it already is because anytime I put a playlist that it's featured in on shuffle, it plays like 3 times more than any of the other songs :rip: 

Good on her, though. I guess.

Edited by Arthritis

13 hours ago, Nip Tuck said:

Billie didn’t do these numbers with her debut single please :rip:

Drivers License isn't Olivia's debut single tho.

3 minutes ago, Kyoto said:

Drivers License isn't Olivia's debut single tho.

This is her debut single. All her other songs are soundtracks. 

3 hours ago, myles said:

exactly. it’s not really a valid comparison as they had completely different trajectories. 

billie is the product of playlisting. they didn’t chase one particular hit with her, but built her fanbase through multiple songs over the period of like a year on apple music. 

the only similarity is that billie still wasn’t really known to the masses when she had that major overnight breakthrough with her album release.

I agree that they had different trajectories, but I want to add:

Billie built her fanbase over the years, not only in one year. She already had +11m followers on IG and +2.5B streams on Spotify before her first top 20 hit (Bury a Friend). Olivia had like 1m on IG before Drivers License and like 300m on Spotify.

Billie's breakthrough was already expected cause her EP was a huge success (users here predicted this after Lovely/Bury a Friend, but people laughed). No one expected Olivia at all. Her biggest song on Spotify has 189m streams. Billie had multiple songs with over 200m by 2018.

5 minutes ago, Baby Judas said:

This is her debut single. All her other songs are soundtracks. 

hmm I will wait for what BB will say, but she wrote All I Want and it even charted on HOT 100 at #90.

16 minutes ago, Kyoto said:

I agree that they had different trajectories, but I want to add:

Billie built her fanbase over the years, not only in one year. She already had +11m followers on IG and +2.5B streams on Spotify before her first top 20 hit (Bury a Friend). Olivia had like 1m on IG before Drivers License and like 300m on Spotify.

Billie's breakthrough was already expected cause her EP was a huge success (users here predicted this after Lovely/Bury a Friend, but people laughed). No one expected Olivia at all. Her biggest song on Spotify has 189m streams. Billie had multiple songs with over 200m by 2018.

yes i fully agree! :duck:

they are different and the same 

Streaming Queen!! :) 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.