Counting Stars passes 40M global consumption units

Hector

The catalog includes nearly 500 songs written, recorded or produced by three-time Grammy winner Tedder for OneRepublic and other artists, including songs Tedder has written with Beyonce, U2, Paul McCartney, Adele, Stevie Wonder, Ed Sheeran, Lady Gaga, Cardi B, Jonas Brothers, Thomas Rhett and all OneRepublic songs including their massive hits “Apologize,” “Secrets” and “Counting Stars,” which just passed 40 million in sales and is one of the highest selling singles in Interscope Records’ history. Songs written by Tedder have sold over 420 million copies, or the equivalent of 63 billion streams.

The certified-platinum album NATIVE followed in 2013, featuring the No.1 hit and 40 million plus-selling single “Counting Stars,” along with a worldwide tour. 

https://www.streetinsider.com/dr/news.php?id=17804922&gfv=1

Genuinely shook :deadbanana4:

One of their greatest songs, it's an amazing one. 

To think that Shape of You did 42 million in two years... :rip: in 2012-3 everyone was shook by songs selling 15m :dies:

3 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

To think that Shape of You did 42 million in two years... :rip: in 2012-3 everyone was shook by songs selling 15m :dies:

Shape of You is the biggest hit from the 10's...but even so the numbers are astronomical :deadbanana4:

Edited by tiagol88

The #1 that got away - can't believe this smash got blocked. Was SO different from all the hits at the time that it still stands out to me.

Ryan Tedder's songs selling 420 million:party: is that a record?

Counting Stars over-performed so much wow, it's a bop though:johnald:

2 minutes ago, LustSpell said:

The #1 that got away - can't believe this smash got blocked. Was SO different from all the hits at the time that it still stands out to me.

Counting Stars, Apologize and Secrets all should have hit number 1, they deserved!

5 minutes ago, LustSpell said:

It wasn't really different from the hits of the time, since Somebody That I Used to Know/Some Nights/Just Give Me a Reason became hits in 2012, a lot of more faux-indie oriented songs became hits.

what blocked this? It was on the radio for years

33 minutes ago, GreatestLoveofAll said:

what blocked this? It was on the radio for years

I think Timber but I’m not 100% sure. 

The inflation...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.