TOTC: drivers license to debut at #1, 500+ points

nasa

Thinking Of You
13 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

It's not about sounding like other gorls.. it's the accent that they are all going for. I just hate the whole trend bcuz it feels not authentic. They just try really hard to sound like an indie girl. Her natural singing accent isnt like that at all during Highschool Musical series. Im not hating I like the song just not how she sings the verse. The choruses and bridge are more than fine. Again, I just hate when every girl tries to sing in that accent. 

It’s probably because her normal voice is too musical theater-y. Most musical theater people curl their voices to sound more “contemporary” when they aren’t singing show tunes.

Gen Z adores the indie sound though so I expect more artists to come out with the same tone

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenofCopyPaste

• AllyGayTor

• duybeeGAshantiGA

• Baby Judas

We just let anyone have a hot shot debut nowadays, huh?

48 minutes ago, AllyGayTor said:

Well if you aren't one then I don't see why you would bother to reply to me in the first place when it wasn't even directed to whatever your base is :rip: Anyway all I want is justice for artists like Rina and CxH, nothing to be mad about here. But congrats to future star Olivia :clap3:

I bothered replying to you, because I'm still someone who is hyping her up and this is a forum where we can reply to anyone. :toofunny3: But again, Chloe x Halle and Rina deserve praise and success, but so does Olivia. There's no need to be pressed over it.

59 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

This song is projected to debut top 2 on Hot 100 if not #1 sis :deadbanana4: it's HUGE atm. Also this is a solo song, not a feature on some high-profile artist.

I meant let’s see if she can keep coming with smash hits after this. 

The amount of fumes over this girl... :deadbanana4:

She organically blew up from HSMTMTS and her original video of this song, posted a month ago, has MILLIONS of views on tiktoks and went viral... the song is great and I'm so happy a young girl, especially one with such singing and writing ability, is blowing up like this!

1 minute ago, MrLovett said:

I bothered replying to you, because I'm still someone who is hyping her up and this is a forum where we can reply to anyone. :toofunny3: But again, Chloe x Halle and Rina deserve praise and success, but so does Olivia. There's no need to be pressed over it.

The group I'm outing for hyping her up doesn't even involve you :priceless:, there really isn't any reason to be bothered by my post :ace:. The freedom to reply rant you're on about won't cover the fact that this was none of your business to begin with, comprende?...:dies: And yes CxH and Rina do deserve praise and success! And Olivia too! Success for ALL :clap3:

2 minutes ago, AllyGayTor said:

The group I'm outing for hyping her up doesn't even involve you :priceless:, there really isn't any reason to be bothered by my post :ace:. The freedom to reply rant you're on about won't cover the fact that this was none of your business to begin with, comprende?...:dies: And yes CxH and Rina do deserve praise and success! And Olivia too! Success for ALL :clap3:

None of my business? :toofunny3: Girl, get a grip and stop being mad that a talented young woman is getting success. Because this is embarrassing.

4 hours ago, Cool said:

The song is actually good and sounds like Julia Michaels and Billie

Omg you’re right about Julia, I’ve been racking my brain to figure out who she sounds like (because it’s not Billie). 

43 minutes ago, doonerr said:

We just let anyone have a hot shot debut nowadays, huh?

Well, anyone who’s #1 on iTunes, Apple Music and Spotify at the same time nn :deadbanana:

None of my business? :toofunny3: Girl, get a grip and stop being mad that a talented young woman is getting success. Because this is embarrassing.

I think the majority of us here are proud of her getting success. And yes it is embarrassing showing up when uninvited :skull:. But yes we do stan talent, especially ones who can act! 

1 minute ago, AllyGayTor said:

And yes it is embarrassing showing up when uninvited :skull:

I don't think you know how ATRL works. But I'm glad you're less worked up over Olivia's success now. :coffee2:

Wow if she debuts at #1, would this be the first time an artist has debuted at #1 with their debut single? :eek:

I don't think you know how ATRL works. But I'm glad you're less worked up over Olivia's success now. :coffee2:

I really don't, I go out instead (with a mask of course!) At least we both now have a talented actress and songwriter to stan :gaygacat4:

6 minutes ago, Bribe said:

Wow if she debuts at #1, would this be the first time an artist has debuted at #1 with their debut single? :eek:

Zayn's Pillow Talk debuted at #1. 

Listened to this for the first time. It's not a bad song, but it's boring. 

20 hours ago, Raphy23 said:

LOL Bebe Rexha had a #1 with Meant To Be. Let’s see if Olivia can hold this up.

Meant to Be peaked at #2 girl, get your facts right.

Holy sh*t.

AHHHHH

What a winner. So happy for her :clap3: 

Hope the rest of her songs are as good as this. It’s about time we witnessed a star born overnight, it’s what ATRL has been begging for since like Gaga (Billie was similar but had a lot of hype building first)

QueenofCopyPaste

Im extra proud because she is Filipino :jonny:

So proud of my sister. :clap3:

19 hours ago, Bribe said:

No. 

Fantasia Barrino was the first iirc

On 1/10/2021 at 8:06 PM, BGood2Me said:

She reminds me a lot of Maria Mena, from Norway. 

Maria Mena is better, I Don't Wanna See You With Her >>>>

QueenofCopyPaste
17 minutes ago, Valtersen said:

Edited. #1 it is :jonny5:

put the 500k+ in the OP ;)

She's THE moment

v330CSS.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.