TOTC: drivers license to debut at #1, 500+ points

nasa

10 minutes ago, izzyinsane said:

She needs a stage name honestly. “Olivia Rodrigo” probably won’t transition well with the public.

Maybe “Olive Rod?” Or “Oli Rod”. :)

Olivia Rodrigo is fine. 

Reminds me when people had issues to say the name Ariana Grande back then. And look at her now. The stage name its not a big deal. 

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenofCopyPaste

• AllyGayTor

• duybeeGAshantiGA

• Baby Judas

Green lights impact 

and then you have people like Nicole Sehziner, Bebe Rexha, Tinashe still trying to make it in the industry

world can be unfair sometimes

9yDw8j3.gif

2 hours ago, Siberian Tiger said:

I don't understand it :rip: I mean the song is not bad but the girl is even worse than Ariana with her chewing instead of singing. Do people really like listening to it? :rip:

:ahh:

2 minutes ago, Raspy said:

Sehziner

:hoetenks:

Taylor Swift fans just win at life so effortlessly. Good for you, girl! :clap3:Song deserves. Its very good.

45 minutes ago, Russell22 said:

If they’re talking about us swifties hyping her up it’s because she’s a stan and we love seeing our fellow stan succeed. Unlike some of you who are insecure towards acts that are following your fave’s footsteps. 

Also, the song is great imo and she’s part Filipino. 

Mte. Hope this talented legend hits #1!

2 hours ago, thatsmydemi said:

what Disney start has ever smashed this hard with a debut single? :deadbanana4:

doesnt she have another song before this one

1 hour ago, AllyGayTor said:

Yes I’m glad my fellow Filipino is smashing and the quality of the song would be subjective to most as you’ve seen here. But it’s pretty obvious what fanbase is hyping her only bc of her success and it’s honestly cringe :skull: If y’all really cared about quality then put the same energy for Rina and/or CxH and others as well...

1 hour ago, JawBreaker said:

Swifties are hyping her up because the girl is a Taylor stan. :rip: Are they not allowed to do that? 

these sum up the conversation pretty nicely tbh

1 hour ago, AllyGayTor said:

Hm I was told the song being good was the reason. But I guess rallying for quality music must be their thing then... Anyway I’m not even hating on Olivia :rip: and I wish nothing but success for her :gaygacat4:

Well I'm not a Swiftie, so I can't speak on behalf of them. :skull: I am however one of the people that goes hard for Chloe x Halle and Rina, as they're both exceptional acts that deserve to be far bigger than they are. But none of this really has anything to do with Olivia's success and why people are hyping her. There's absolutely no reason for you to be mad over people supporting her. :toofunny3:

6 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

doesnt she have another song before this one

A Disney soundtrack single, for the High School Musical series. This is her debut single.

3 hours ago, omrimayo said:

This will grow a lot during the week, mark my words and will finish number 1 in the UK and US easily. 

Canada maybe too!

1 hour ago, Raspy said:

and then you have people like Nicole Sehziner, Bebe Rexha, Tinashe still trying to make it in the industry

world can be unfair sometimes

9yDw8j3.gif

LOL Bebe Rexha had a #1 with Meant To Be. Let’s see if Olivia can hold this up.

2 hours ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

It's the avocado indie gorl voice she uses in the verses. I also dont quite like her singing accent during the verses.

I was going to say the same. I can’t stand if it sounds like someone is trying to purposefully sing ugly/out of key.

9 minutes ago, Raphy23 said:

LOL Bebe Rexha had a #1 with Meant To Be. Let’s see if Olivia can hold this up.

This song is projected to debut top 2 on Hot 100 if not #1 sis :deadbanana4: it's HUGE atm. Also this is a solo song, not a feature on some high-profile artist.

Edited by duybeeGAshantiGA

16 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Well I'm not a Swiftie, so I can't speak on behalf of them. :skull:

Well if you aren't one then I don't see why you would bother to reply to me in the first place when it wasn't even directed to whatever your base is :rip: Anyway all I want is justice for artists like Rina and CxH, nothing to be mad about here. But congrats to future star Olivia :clap3:

Thinking Of You
1 hour ago, izzyinsane said:

She needs a stage name honestly. “Olivia Rodrigo” probably won’t transition well with the public.

Maybe “Olive Rod?” Or “Oli Rod”. :)

Why would you even say this? We’re past changing names to appeal to white people.

People bashing her for "sounding" like other girls :skull: She's 17 my God, Ariana started as a Mariah rip-off and it took her a few years to find herself

The song is really bland, I have no idea how anyone could compare it to a Billie song. But congrats on your debut!

Not a #1 contender tf :rip: she definitely deserves to smash, but i didn't know the interest or her following was this big :rip:

3 minutes ago, Goofy said:

People bashing her for "sounding" like other girls :skull: She's 17 my God, Ariana started as a Mariah rip-off and it took her a few years to find herself

It's not about sounding like other gorls.. it's the accent that they are all going for. I just hate the whole trend bcuz it feels not authentic. They just try really hard to sound like an indie girl. Her natural singing accent isnt like that at all during Highschool Musical series. Im not hating I like the song just not how she sings the verse. The choruses and bridge are more than fine. Again, I just hate when every girl tries to sing in that accent. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.