• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenofCopyPaste

• AllyGayTor

• duybeeGAshantiGA

• Baby Judas

Y’all giving this girl hype bc she’s pulling numbers is very telling efrom a certain fanbase :rip:

3 minutes ago, Timber said:

Wtf are you talking about? 

It's the avocado indie gorl voice she uses in the verses. I also dont quite like her singing accent during the verses.

2 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

It's the avocado indie gorl voice she uses in the verses. I also dont quite like her singing accent during the verses.

ikr this song sounds like every other TikTok viral hit like you broke me first or moral of the story...can't remember the artists of those songs. Cute but overrated.

4 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

Singing in cursive is what I've heard it be called. It's becoming so annoying. 

15 minutes ago, Timber said:

Wtf are you talking about? 

10 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

4 minutes ago, jezebelvictoria said:

Singing in cursive is what I've heard it be called. It's becoming so annoying. 

Oh that's how it's called :dies:

24 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

what Disney start has ever smashed this hard with a debut single? :deadbanana4:

Not a Disney girl but Ariana did debut top ten with The Way and finished in the year end top 20 

2 minutes ago, Siberian Tiger said:

Oh that's how it's called :dies:

I just did some research and this one sent me :ahh::

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vice.com/amp/en/article/pkyqkv/cursive-singing-tiktok-trend-explained

More people need to realise that you are no AMY WINEHOUSE to pull off this style of singing accent...

When you are Selena it's cringey to sing like that ala Good for U..

Edited by duybeeGAshantiGA

• ATRL Moderator

The way she buried almost every other Disney pop star debut within just a matter of 48 hours :jonny5:

Edited by Ampersand13

• ATRL Moderator
21 minutes ago, AllyGayTor said:

Y’all giving this girl hype bc she’s pulling numbers is very telling efrom a certain fanbase :rip:

A lot of us have actually been fans since discovering her on HSM (some even before then). I think people are just seeing us now because Olivia finally has material out that we can discuss. The fact that it's doing so well is just an added bonus :michael:

36 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

I just did some research and this one sent me :ahh::

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vice.com/amp/en/article/pkyqkv/cursive-singing-tiktok-trend-explained

More people need to realise that you are no AMY WINEHOUSE to pull off this style of singing accent...

When you are Selena it's cringey to sing like that ala Good for U..

OMG  :deadbanana2:  :lmao: Tate McRae teas

It's so accurate though :skull: 

34 minutes ago, AllyGayTor said:

We're giving her hype because the song is good, she seems really nice and we can't think of the last time an Asian woman smashed this hard in the US/UK etc. Why are you mad over her being hyped? :rip:

19 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

A lot of us have actually been fans since discovering her on HSM (some even before then). I think people are just seeing us now because Olivia finally has material out that we can discuss. The fact that it's doing so well is just an added bonus :michael:

Right? I’ve been following this girl since early last year. And what’s the issue if people are hyping her up? They sound so insecure 

• ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, Russell22 said:

Right? I’ve been following this girl since early last year. And what’s the issue if people are hyping her up? They sound so insecure 

I think certain members are insecure because Olivia seems to have a smash in the making, which she accomplished effortlessly while some other artists are struggling. That's the only explanation. Do people not understand she's been working in this industry for years...

6 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

We're giving her hype because the song is good, she seems really nice and we can't think of the last time an Asian woman smashed this hard in the US/UK etc. Why are you mad over her being hyped? :rip:

Yes I’m glad my fellow Filipino is smashing and the quality of the song would be subjective to most as you’ve seen here. But it’s pretty obvious what fanbase is hyping her only bc of her success and it’s honestly cringe :skull: If y’all really cared about quality then put the same energy for Rina and/or CxH and others as well...

23 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

they're mad that their fave is still celebrating entering billboard dance charts and not the hot100 :rip:

2 minutes ago, AllyGayTor said:

Yes I’m glad my fellow Filipino is smashing and the quality of the song would be subjective to most as you’ve seen here. But it’s pretty obvious what fanbase is hyping her only bc of her success and it’s honestly cringe :skull: If y’all really cared about quality then put the same energy for Rina and/or CxH and others as well...

Swifties are hyping her up because the girl is a Taylor stan. :rip: Are they not allowed to do that? 

If they’re talking about us swifties hyping her up it’s because she’s a stan and we love seeing our fellow stan succeed. Unlike some of you who are insecure towards acts that are following your fave’s footsteps. 

Also, the song is great imo and she’s part Filipino. 

4 minutes ago, JawBreaker said:

Swifties are hyping her up because the girl is a Taylor stan. :rip: Are they not allowed to do that? 

Hm I was told the song being good was the reason. But I guess rallying for quality music must be their thing then... Anyway I’m not even hating on Olivia :rip: and I wish nothing but success for her :gaygacat4:

She needs a stage name honestly. “Olivia Rodrigo” probably won’t transition well with the public.

Maybe “Olive Rod?” Or “Oli Rod”. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.