3rd day: Olivia Rodrigo RISES on US Spotify w/ 3.8M streams

Godly

2 minutes ago, lillavend3r said:

Literally no. Tell which Disney star smashed like this with their respective debut single??? Not Miley, not Selena, not Demi??? And all of them had bigger shows, bigger fanbases when they launched their music careers:sorry:

which shows how natural and organic this smash is, yes i agree

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• omrimayo

• MonsterNavy

• Prismee

• Lovett

I'm stanning!

33 minutes ago, lillavend3r said:

Literally no. Tell which Disney star smashed like this with their respective debut single??? Not Miley, not Selena, not Demi??? And all of them had bigger shows, bigger fanbases when they launched their music careers:sorry:

You do not understand what an industry plant is. :rip: So yes, she's serving the direct opposite.

7 hours ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

I don’t think she’ll debut at number one; the tracking week is over.

She could easily jump to number one the week after next though. 

:heart:

1 hour ago, Khamis said:

Since you are talking about me.

I hope you realize there is a difference between. ‘Wow this is such a good song who is this’ and ‘this is smashing so I’m gonna stream.’ And then when something flops all of a sudden they got something negative to say. That is all I am saying. Which people have a history of doing... *you including* ***I say this with love***

I honestly just saw MonsterNavy’s post complaining and wanted to chime in with my 2 cents. 

37 minutes ago, lillavend3r said:

Are we really going to sit here and pretend that Round & Round, 7 Things and whatever Demi put out are on the same level as THIS? :deadbanana: I’m not saying Olivia is better or that this song is better than their discographies, but there is a clear difference in quality between this song and what those other 3 girls debuted with. 

Outdoing Good Days as it’s supposed to do :jonny5: a SMASH

This girl was my little sister’s mist listened to artist last year, she had quite the following with teens from what I saw. It’s a pretty good song and she’s very likable so congrats to her :clap3:

2 hours ago, FAN said:

I honestly just saw MonsterNavy’s post complaining and wanted to chime in with my 2 cents. 

Are we really going to sit here and pretend that Round & Round, 7 Things and whatever Demi put out are on the same level as THIS? :deadbanana: I’m not saying Olivia is better or that this song is better than their discographies, but there is a clear difference in quality between this song and what those other 3 girls debuted with. 

This song sounds like a watered down Lorde so I don't see the better quality:zzz:

30 minutes ago, lillavend3r said:

This song sounds like a watered down Lorde so I don't see the better quality:zzz:

Same here, it’s literally a cheap Lorde/Julia Michaels knockoff. I don’t see the hype at all :sleep:

5 hours ago, MonsterNavy said:

Exactly :rip: she's a nobody before this. This is her debut song :toofunny3: 

Is everyone supposed to follow them from their audition to disney up to now? :deadbanana2:

She wasn't a nobody is the thing. She had tons of fans from HSM and All I Want was a pretty big deal here last year. It's fine if you're new to her, but don't pretend she came out of nowhere. 

I think some of the older fans are just a bit apprehensive because we don't want people to switch up on her when the numbers are not up to par, but I'm personally loving that everybody's talking about her!

24 minutes ago, badgirlriri said:

She wasn't a nobody is the thing. She had tons of fans from HSM and All I Want was a pretty big deal here last year. It's fine if you're new to her, but don't pretend she came out of nowhere. 

I think some of the older fans are just a bit apprehensive because we don't want people to switch up on her when the numbers are not up to par, but I'm personally loving that everybody's talking about her!

I've been watching her and Joshua since HSM: the musical premiered. I honestly dont mind these bandwagoners if they will help her become a main pop girl :alexz: 

Finally a south east asian main pop girl. Its long overdue! 

1 hour ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

Same here, it’s literally a cheap Lorde/Julia Michaels knockoff. I don’t see the hype at all :sleep:

We all have different tastes I guess. But for a 17 year old this is not bad at all. She'll find her lane in music when she matures.

Edited by MonsterNavy

11 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

This is so insane, it is about to be biggest ex-act debut in God knows when :deadbanana2: I don’t get the appeal though, sounds like diet Lorde, very empty song

Right, the song is just okay lmao. I like it though from the one time I heard it

11 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

We all have different tastes I guess. But for a 17 year old this is not bad at all. She's find her lane in music when she matures.

You make a good point. I forget she’s that young. I feel like she could do much better than Driver’s License though and I hope she ends up doing better.

46 minutes ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

You make a good point. I forget she’s that young. I feel like she could do much better than Driver’s License though and I hope she ends up doing better.

Yeah when new artists debut they tend to have the sound of their inspirations/fav artists music 99% of the time. Hopefully she finds her own sound when she's older

-

The mv also 7.2m on youtube. Insane :rip: 

Amazing how atrl has no ear for hits

This is a smash in everyway possible. No it's not groundbreaking and it's derivative  but most of your favs #1 are basic as **** 

1 hour ago, I.T. said:

I feel old, I don’t know who this girl is :deadbanana4:

congratulations to her :clap3:

She's the star of the High School Musical show on Disney+. All I Want (from HSM: The Series) was her first entry on the Hot 100.

Yub3av8.jpg

4 hours ago, Broken said:

oh wow, she is STUNNING :rip: lowkey mad I haven't seen her before now.

I was obsessed with HSM when I was younger also, i'll deff watch the series now :WAP:

I can see that it’s overall streams on today’s Spotify update will increase instead of the usual decrease on Sunday. 

Wow, she's a Filipino. Amazing. :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.