Stevie's Top 50 Songs of 2020! Our time in the spotlight.

Stevie

Did I really just wait until the last minute to do this? Absolutely!

Stay tuned as I share the 50 songs that kept me the most sane this year (if anyone even still cares of course). :skull:

Edited by Stevie

• ATRL Moderator

post them!

Tennis always seems to serve up some groovy nostalgia every year. A little dose of sugar is always nice.

Okay, so I didn't quite get around to Hayley's solo debut this year but this remix featuring the "Door" chanteuse is a bop! Realizing now she was part of Chairlift. No wonder I liked this!

I mean... who doesn't like this? Well, aside from Ben Shapiro. Megan and Cardi decided to bless us with this ode to a good pounding amid all the quarantine loneliness. But no pounding can occur without a flooded basement! It's about time females are accepted for releasing songs about the same nasty **** males have been singing about for decades.

Another thing I like about this that nobody really mentions is that the song doesn't reach its chorus, or should I say climax, until the last minute. Or is there no chorus at all? The different structure is refreshing.

This is just so instant and catchy. Happy for Abel! The Grammys did him wrong.

Tkay is so underrated. She delivers bop after bop after bop. She's given so much and now it's time for her to receive! Honestly, she deserves the attention Azealia had. Equally talented, but zero of the toxicity.

Ariana opens up her new era saying she hopes she doesn't repeat history. Ironic, considering she just rushed into another engagement with a skinny white boy. But I digress. Although I didn't have the willpower for the album, the positions single is a plucky yet sensual bop.

The Chicks returned to us with this catchy anthem tackling a topical issue in mental health: gaslighting. If anyone was going to do it, I'm glad it's them!

Megan's string of singles this year was really impressive, as evidenced by this TikTok theme song. Beyonce graces the track to remind us she's still that bitch and to turn OnlyFans into a mainstream pop culture phenomenon. What a time to be alive.

Empress Of has been releasing really interesting and personal music for five years now, barely getting any attention for it. Time to change that!

I was always a fan of Charli's older, more poppy tracks a la "Nuclear Seasons". Although she lost me a bit with the slew of noisy, dissonant releases, how i'm feeling now is a really good album. "i finally understand" always was such an underappreciated track to me. It feels eerie, cool, urban, modern. Almost as if it was released by a different artist?

Billie is truly at her best when she's stripped back. This is so hauntingly beautiful.

Disclosure have kind of fallen off after the amazing Settle. I didn't listen to the full album, but man are they good at picking collaborators. This track with Kelis hits all the right spots. We need more Kelis in the world!

The Strokes finally released a return to form, good album this year. Well hello, let's celebrate that!

I know some of y'all hate it, but sorry not sorry. This is a major standout from folkbore!

I think I've seen this film before
And I didn't like the ending
You're not my homeland anymore
So what am I defending now?

What an amazing lyric. I think sometimes Taylor's storytelling can get a bit convoluted or heavy-handed. But here, it's crystal clear and more poignant than ever.

RIP Mac! This wandering, dreamy piece of folk rap is so beautiful! :'(

This Future Nostalgia album track was an instant smash to me. I came to find out it was produced by SG Lewis, who also makes an appearance or two on this countdown!

Perfect example of making something old feel fresh again. It's all about those metal guitars! The Bree Runway remix is a major bop too.

This poetic metaphor about depression is a standout from Bolt Cutters. I'm a sucker for a shouting Fiona!

The second single from Chromatica rained all over the forgettable "Stupid Love". The lyrics happen to be so 2020 appropriate too!

Since we weren't able to party this year, it seems many artists were willing to bring the party home to us. Aly & AJ got the vibe here and if you didn't get the vibe, I honestly feel bad for you!

SG recruited smoother-than-butter singer Rhye to produce this suave yet club ready jam.

Argentine rock singer Barbi Recanati gifted us this transcendent track. I have no idea what she's saying, but it just HITS. The instrumentation is amazing.

I'd probably include like the whole album in this list if I could. :skull:

• ATRL Moderator

WHATS YOUR PLEASURE WAY TOO LOW

time, joan of arc, heavy balloon, xs, hallucinate, adults are talking (2nd best for them) i finally understand, ok give us more please

7 minutes ago, Madame X said:

WHATS YOUR PLEASURE WAY TOO LOW

time, joan of arc, heavy balloon, xs, hallucinate, adults are talking (2nd best for them) i finally understand, ok give us more please

Glad someone else likes i finally understand! :heart:

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Stevie said:

Glad someone else likes i finally understand! :heart:

i liked every song on the album so ... lol, but i think its the mid single.  claws > ifu > forever.

dont understand forever lovers, though its still a charli song so its 10/10 

Edited by Madame X

• ATRL Moderator

I need to check out Mac Miller and The Strokes, huh?

Just now, Ace Reject said:

Omg, have you not heard Is This It!?

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Stevie said:

Omg, have you not heard Is This It!?

I meant their new stuff sis!

Just now, Ace Reject said:

I meant their new stuff sis!

Lol, yes def check out the new album. You can skip Angles and Comedown Machine however. :fan:

• ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, Ace Reject said:

post in my thread 

• ATRL Moderator

Look at me, Mr. Popular!

Hey queen! Thanks for the tag

Need Your Love just making the cut :clap3: Shame you weren't more into Hayley's album. Ben Shapiro likes WAP lol he just has to act like he doesn't. You KNOW he loved getting in front of a mic and reciting "Wet ass p-word" over and over.

Plucky is EXACTLY how I'd describe the Positions title track. Really underrated song, idk why people hate on it so much. 

Yeah there's a lot on here I like/love. I kinda wish the Rhye/SG Lewis track was released this year instead of last year so it could get a bit more cred this year (obviously Impact overshadows it). But I'm excited for his album. And What's Your Pleasure, yeah absolutely talent. The song AND album.

• ATRL Moderator
5 minutes ago, Ace Reject said:

Look at me, Mr. Popular!

i want validation from the legend herself! 

• ATRL Moderator

the positions album actually secretly has a lot of songs better than the title track hidden in it: love language, my hair, six thirty!  but that was probably the best choice for lead single and was a bop 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.