• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Almost Home

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Bicassie

• mxoonlight

Sparrow's Bride

H.E.R is the biggest industry plant, I mean how can a song no one heard win SONG OF THE YEAR :deadbanana4: embarrassing.

Anyway other than that and Billie winning ROTY, I think the results were quite good. 

1 hour ago, Vorfreude said:

Dua deserved that ROTY! I'm more than ok with the winners but Everything I Wanted was not a ROTY lmao

Dua should have won ROTY and maybe SOTY.

KetysandGagsSon

H.E.R deserved to win SOTY, it is first song that won on songwritiing after years of SOTY/ROTY hits.

After BLM last year  i thought this would win.

mylicious
38 minutes ago, Sparrow's Bride said:

H.E.R is the biggest industry plant, I mean how can a song no one heard win SONG OF THE YEAR :deadbanana4: embarrassing.

Anyway other than that and Billie winning ROTY, I think the results were quite good. 

What? The message was important and it deserves it‘s win, also the song was popular when it came out. Stop the ignorance. 

OnlyManInTheWorld

ROTY as a final prize seems like announcing Best Actor after Best Picture. Makes no sense.

chiliam
2 hours ago, chris1991 said:

Folklore felt like such a non event. I maybe skimmed through the album....She made the album so for the Grammys so not surprised she took it.

She made the album for escapism from the pandemic.

And it related to a lot of people.

Anyway even if made it for the Grammy, she earn it. Not like all the artists who made album for the Grammy eventually win AOTY, right?

Grammy’s night was fun, now back to calling it the Scammy’s until next year’s ceremonies. :twirl:

My thoughts based purely on quality of a song/album, not on my love for an artist:

AOTY

Who won: Folklore

Should have won: Folklore

ROTY: 

Who won: Everything I Wanted

Should have won: Everything I Wanted

SOTY

Who won: HER

Should have won: Cardigan

Not only Cardigan was the best song, it was also the most amazing among them lyrically and should have won the songwriter award

Don't Start Now, Everything I Wanted, and The Box were also better choices than HER

BNA

Who won: Meghan 

Should have won: Phoebe 

But Meghan was the second best choice so not really mad 

Pop Solo

Who won: Harry

Should have won: Don't Start Now

Cardigan is a better song, but Don't Start Now was the pop smash of the year and should have been honoured 

Pop Album

Who won: Future Nostalgia 

Should have won: Folklore 

Folklore was by far the better album in that category and not to mention that it winning in AOTY over the same album made no sense

Overall quite happy about most categories and not really mad at any winners, even HER's song is pretty decent despite much better options available.  

Sparrow's Bride
1 hour ago, mylicious said:

What? The message was important and it deserves it‘s win, also the song was popular when it came out. Stop the ignorance. 

H.E.R did not deserve the award when you remember who she was up against idc. It has less than 10 million streams. Those are not good stats for "Song of the Year." 

Were there a lot of meltdown when Dua won pop album? By that point it probably looked like Taylor was going home empty handed 

TayDine1989

That one user calling folklore a non-event :dies:

mxoonlight
38 minutes ago, Sparrow's Bride said:

H.E.R did not deserve the award when you remember who she was up against idc. It has less than 10 million streams. Those are not good stats for "Song of the Year." 

A song about police brutality and the first thing you want to mention is streams... worms, honey

Sparrow's Bride
5 minutes ago, mxoonlight said:

A song about police brutality and the first thing you want to mention is streams... worms, honey

The category is Song of the year, honey

bestfiction

It must be the first time in a while when an album won AOTY but lost in its genre category, right?

State of Grace.

They really need to stop trying to make ROTY the biggest moment of the night and the most important award though :skull: 

It feels so anticlimatic... like winning a Grammy for an album is absolutely better than winning one for a song :dies: 

SickLove
19 minutes ago, Sparrow's Bride said:

The category is Song of the year, honey

And that category awards songwriting so she still very much deserved that award :smile:

hellocory
1 hour ago, Brando said:

Were there a lot of meltdown when Dua won pop album? By that point it probably looked like Taylor was going home empty handed 

I felt the opposite. Them presenting Pop Album so late in the ceremony kind of confirmed Taylor was getting AOTY. They wouldn't have placed them so close together if that happened

18 minutes ago, hellocory said:

I felt the opposite. Them presenting Pop Album so late in the ceremony kind of confirmed Taylor was getting AOTY. They wouldn't have placed them so close together if that happened

but since Dua won against Taylor in the genre category I would have thought most people would panic that AOTY would also go to Future Nostalgia. (even tho the opposite happened before) 

hellocory
Just now, Brando said:

but since Dua won against Taylor in the genre category I would have thought most people would panic that AOTY would also go to Future Nostalgia. (even tho the opposite happened before) 

They would have announced BPVA much earlier if Dua had won both. 

I had a meltdown when they moved R&B Performance to the main show. I thought Jacob was going to snatch that and snatch AOTY. That's happened a lot when it's a smaller name who wins. But as soon as I saw that Beyonce showed up, I knew Jacob was done

Headlock
9 hours ago, Thinking Of You said:

I know her knees hurt :bibliahh:

Suffer, you insipid misogynistic troll :)

Post Malone should’ve won ROTY for Circles. 

Dua, Nas and Ledisi winning were the only good things about last night. 

Edited by syrus
Grammatical error