KAYTRANADA, Kali Uchis - 10%

Rina Sawayama - 10-20-40

One Direction - 18

Spotify Playlist

Good luck x

DEADLINE: TOMORROW, FEBRUARY 25TH 7PM EST

Edited by Overprotected

4qKCCVM.png

I feel bad. I like Prince, quite a lot actually, and we were all in love with Kiss being sent during the Sudden Death round but... this is NOT it for me :shy:

I find it really grating, like its hard to concentrate on anything here.  Not completely terrible, but yeah that's my impression.

the ipod nano cheque came throughhhhhh. this is a bit silly to listen to now i guess, the lyrics are a little dumb, but its still okay?  as much as its very canvas reusable bag/"getting your life in the produce section" i find it cute and fun to listen to.

10%

obviously the production is the clear highlight here.  the vocal could be a little bit more.. interesting? its a little flat, things get a bit repetitive, but overall the song is fine

10-20-40

probably one of my favourite pre-album songs she's done, its so interesting and demonstrates her artistry well!!

its a One Direction album track

@Fruity @Rence @Sanguine @luckystrike @miguel 

7sMgTC5.png

PRINCE - 1999

Not one of my favorite Prince songs, at all. It's a classic and all, but it's just never been a favorite for me. It feels dull.

FEIST - 1234

Easily one of my favorite songs of all time. RIGHTFULLY smashed. Leslie Feist is a GODDESS.

KAYTRANANDA & KALI UCHIS - 10%

So boring. Really doesn't go anywhere, at all.

RINA SAWAYAMA - 10-20-40

It's alright. One of her better songs, I guess.

ONE DIRECTION - 18

I've never been a fan of this song, ugh. This is very boring. 57341 ཀÿ 61r1 >>>>>

Ea3xB9X.jpg

Prince - 1999 

its a cute party sing, the funk sound is :lemmelistening:

Feist - 1234

this song is mainly nostalgia and cute melody doing it for me, its cute, its not giving me ground breaking or anything but its not trying to be more

I sent this in ASC when Kali was having a lil moment and it kinda bombed ffff

i prefer most of the stuff on his previous album because this got a bit grating to me

xCLGRom.jpg

Rina Sawayama - 10-20-40

by the numbers Rina bop I suppose

One Direction - 18

I've always been a 1D fan, and a bit of a sucker for their cute hits

this song is a bit corny but i still like it in a guilty pleasure kind of way :minho:

1999: this is no Kiss at all, it’s very flatlined if that makes sense, i feel like it went nowhere dddd but it’s not bad 

1234: this really grew on me, i didn’t like it a lot before but now it’s just fine, cute

10%: ehhhh not very into this, i don’t find it very interesting but it’s certainly not bad, i just don’t have the desire to listen again

10-20-40: it’s quite good huh? it gets a bit tired as it plays but it’s still superior to some of the other songs here

18: I HAVE LOVED @miguel SINCE WE WERE 18 :nickicry:

Prince - 1999: This isn't bad, but it's not super interesting? It just doesn't do much for me

Feist - 1234: It's good! Hey kids counting is fun :clap3:

KAYTRANADA, Kali Uchis - 10%: Not Kali again... thank you Kaytranada for making this one okay at least, but not my favorite here at all

Rina Sawayama - 10-20-40: Love this so much, the brief guitar solo is everything and the final hook slams

One Direction - 18: Hi Miguel. Ngl, kinda cute

Edited by Sanguine

Il61LpL.png?width=353&height=450

@Fruity @Rence @Sanguine @luckystrike @miguel

Prince - 1999 

It has its moments. The instrumental has some tiny tidbits here and there that make it seem interesting at first, but the overall, more dominant production in here barely changes, even for the choruses, which makes this song feel.. like it needs progression. It has its nice moments tho, I don't hate it, but it's no Kiss.

Feist - 1234

Hoping you pull through with this because it's super lovely. I'm kinda mad that this never smashed in my country, it's very lovely indie pop of the late 00s, and this is one of the better examples. A very nice song that will most likely get you a place into the finale

well I know this was sent before in ASC and I was kinda.. underwhelmed by it too. Kali just doesn't fit on it. I feel like many people can't connect her because they think she sounds boring and I feel like with the right style she can make it work.. but these two just don't go together for me. I need.. just a little more

Rina Sawayama - 10-20-40

ahh songs like this reminds me of how much her EP stomps on SAWAYAMA. Just very well crafted, and smart pop. Great choice and prolly along with 1234, the only two safe bets for the finale imo

One Direction - 18

if you were gonna troll.. couldn't you have chosen a more obvious trolling entry? It's not even that terrible it's just.. extremely corny. Anyways thanks for competing <3

Surprised no one send "22" by Lily Allen :swan: 

Prince - 1999 

I wanted to like this cause of Prince but I can't :rip: this goes nowhere

Feist - 1234

cute and harmless, better than most songs here

I like the production but I don't care about the vocals :rip:

Rina Sawayama - 10-20-40

the only song I use here  xCLGRom.jpg

One Direction - 18

well it's a song

the 10 percent slander, yall are sick 

it should be a grammy winning soon in a few weeks too :sats:

P9m7XiI.png

PRINCE - 1999

it’s not one of my faves by him sorry

FEIST - 1234

ahh yes, the classic of the 2000s idk a better song

KAYTRANADA & KALI UCHIS - 10%

I really like this and I love her, very good choice

RINA SAWAYAMA - 10-20-40

it’s just like… there, for me at least

ONE DIRECTION - 18

wait not this being kinda cute :sorry:

@Fruity @luckystrike @miguel@Rence @Sanguine

nb7z08h.png

Prince - 1999

i think this is very cute but it just idk, it's not that interesting? like its dragging and its just there

and its kinda annoying a bit ngl :weeps: so i'm sorry but this is not rlly my thing hmm

Feist - 1234

oh its like extremely CUTE like so uwu i literally enjoyed it a lot

even though its a very lowkey indie pop song, u stand out in a good way and i'm happy for you <3

omg yall such a HATER! this is absolutely a SMASHA..

its typical kali and with the production from kaytranada, its a smash! mean ppl in here :biblio:

great job bestie <3

Rina Sawayama - 10-20-40

eh i'm not rlly feeling the ep tbh. i only use ordinary superstar and cyber stockholm syndrome :/

so yea you will prob be fine but its not my favorite

One Direction - 18

yea very boring

IkUmVC2.png

bad semi-final x

ApwZe5J.png?width=636&height=587

Prince - 1999  - I’m not a fan of Prince at all really and unfortunately this is not the song that will turn me into one. It kinda starts out promising but it feels like it stayed in one place the whole time, which wouldn’t be that much of a problem if I found the main hook more interesting

Feist - 1234 - Never heard this song before so the universal praise kinda took me by surprise! It’s very cute, I live for this instrumental, it’s giving me something from Sufjan Stevens’ Illinois. 

KAYTRANADA, Kali Uchis - 10% - Kinda suffers from the same problem as the Prince song, very one note and I like her voice but yeah… it’s cute to play in the background and not pay attention I guess

Rina Sawayama - 10-20-40 - Now you know you snatched a classic :cherryscream: the way this EP remains her superior body of work to this day, sorry Sawayama stans :itstrue: 

One Direction - 18 - Well

https://i.imgur.com/JuSc8Ul.png

1999 - The only time this song was interesting was when Jaida performed it... it really drags on! and on and on and on! I really like the two synth lines but they're repeated into infinity in a way that comes off as grating after the first minute or so.

1234 - there must be something nostalgic about this song that warrants all the praise i'm seeing because for me it's really just a very derivative indie pop song.. which isn't bad! just confusing. i really like the brass section especially later on the song.

10% - i mean once your hear a kaytranada song you've heard them all, but that doesn't mean that his songs aren't bangers! i live for kali in this, it really gives rich bitch in the club vip section.

rina song - One of the reasons why i liked SAWAYAMA so much initally was that it was such an increase in quality from her early work and EPs. I guess i can see the appeal but it's very undercooked and clunky to me.

18 - It's a song

I only liked 1 song :rip:

Ywkl7H1.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.