K-Pop Discussion Thread: STAYC Bop, STAYC Boop

12 minutes ago, Lost In Paradise said:

the way SLAYSAP took one listen to CLICK. can't wait for that one Weekly stan and the rest of ATRL to switch

SIEUN PRINCESS OF KPOP

ivNXHYC.gif

Yup I’ve decided it’s the most catchy song in like ever 

• Replies 27.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Xalric

• hétérosexuelle

• Sugden

• bijonse

Top Posters In This Topic

idk if we’re allowed to mention other forums and I’m too lazy to check, but Yukika will be doing an AMA elsewhere on Monday :jonny6:

trying to think of a good question to ask ha

5 minutes ago, Jared said:

4th gen GG vocals have been the pits far.

NingNing (based on BM studio vocals sksksksk) seems to have the most range out of the 4th gen girlies and that's not saying much.

0d5e4b19c91d43d712f5b86dd2a593c8.gif

*Excluding purple kiss cause I haven't listened to much of them but someone feel free to confirm.

Have we heard Ning Ning live? Both weeekly and purple kiss have talented vocal lines. 

2 minutes ago, cloudbusting said:

idk if we’re allowed to mention other forums and I’m too lazy to check, but Yukika will be doing an AMA elsewhere on Monday :jonny6:

trying to think of a good question to ask ha

reported

1 minute ago, MAKSIM said:

Have we heard Ning Ning live? Both weeekly and purple kiss have talented vocal lines. 

Not since debut no. She has lot's of pre-debut videos of her on live singing shows though.

Don't get me wrong the vocal lines are not bad. They are all stable singers, they just aren't giving me that extra juice with adlibs you know?

Like ASAP is cute, but the adlibs at the end are so flat and lowkey sad. NingNing's high note in the BM bridge has been the only thing i've heard from a 4th gen GG so far that was somewhat impressive vocally.

And like I said that's not saying much since NingNing is maybe on the same level as Jihyo vocally (based on the evidence we have so far).

1 minute ago, Sugden said:

there is bunch of videos of her singing pre debut tho

These seem quite old but her vocals don’t seem anything so spectacular. I also saw clips from a singing competition but the vocals were definitely not live / were heavily processed 

SwagLikeALegend
12 minutes ago, Jared said:

4th gen GG vocals have been the pits far.

NingNing (based on BM studio vocals sksksksk) seems to have the most range out of the 4th gen girlies and that's not saying much.

*Excluding purple kiss cause I haven't listened to much of them but someone feel free to confirm.

Purple Kiss have the best vocals of the 4th gen. They really set the bar with their debut. 

9 minutes ago, SwagLikeALegend said:

Purple Kiss have the best vocals of the 4th gen. They really set the bar with their debut. 

Meh.

Going back to my previous post, they sound GOOD, but i'm talking about BIG VOCAL MOMENTS. The Taeyeon/Wendy/Yeonjung level vocal explosions to really add FLAVOR to the songs.

Taeyeon was going AWF in ITNW adlibs, Wendy was going AWF in her "SHINE ON ME" moment. Look at WJSN's latest song. No 4th gen group could even do the song justice cause no one could pull off Yeonjung's adlibs.

Maybe the groups are playing safe so far, but from what i've seen they've served nothing iconic vocally.

SwagLikeALegend
2 minutes ago, Jared said:

Meh.

Going back to my previous post, they sound GOOD, but i'm talking about BIG VOCAL MOMENTS. The Taeyeon/Wendy/Yeonjung level vocal explosions to really add FLAVOR to the songs.

Taeyeon was going AWF in ITNW adlibs, Wendy was going AWF in her "SHINE ON ME" moment. Look at WJSN's latest song. No 4th gen group could even do the song justice cause no one could pull off Yeonjung's adlibs.

Maybe the groups are playing safe so far, but so far they've brought nothing iconic vocally.

Swan is the future nation’s vocalist you’ll see :gaycat1:

Y’all will be comparing groups that come out in 10 years to BLACKPINK

its the way y’all feel y’all ALWAYS gotta downplay BP when another group comes back or debuts

these groups are NEVER seeing BLACKPINK or taking their spot

its time to let it go...

BLACKPINK has reached a completely different level to the groups y’all compare them to

and I don’t see any group in the near future rivaling them

but these companies can continue trying to get their BP through these other girls lol

Lost In Paradise

honestly more BGs should do shameless gaybaiting. just because Korea doesn't have open acceptance of gheys doesn't mean there aren't TONS of them there.

GIVE THEM WHAT THEY NEED.

DoZBCUL.gif

I want to speak to whoever greenlit Seeun's hair cause wow does it move tragic with the choreo

STAYC's Isa is exuding Sana vibes for me like the energy is there and looking forward to her growth

Sorry but Yoon>>Sieun

ASAP

6dbdba6218562d46b10b647df76187d6b291ba11

28 minutes ago, Jared said:

Meh.

Maybe the groups are playing safe so far, but from what i've seen they've served nothing iconic vocally.

The potential has been unleashed yet.

26 minutes ago, SwagLikeALegend said:

Swan is the future nation’s vocalist you’ll see :gaycat1:

She has a potential to be next UI but better :gaycat1:

13 minutes ago, xrosup said:

Uhm...

DoZBCUL.gif

This is going to be so interesting...