Disney's Encanto (2021) | Out now

Blood Magic

4 minutes ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

I wonder if it'll flop like all recent animated Disney movies :lakitu:

Huh? the last one was Raya which had good staying power in theaters despite opening when a lot were closed and did well on Disney+ :rip:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fridayteenage

• Katamari

• LuLuDrops

• Life Savers

Just saw this in theaters. It was so good! :clap3:

Luisa’s song didn’t have to go that hard omg :jonny4:

6 hours ago, rac7d said:

We don’t talk about Bruno 

A banger. A moment that's so pleasant to my career and my whole existence. A cultural reset!

Edited by Rep2000

I was crying throughout a lot of this. I wasn’t expecting g this to hit me hard but it definitely hits hard I think for adults who understand some of the more heavy themes. I think especially if you are from a family of immigrants like I am.

I wouldn’t objectively say it’s a masterpiece but I think the message makes it a lot more relatable than a lot of other recent things. 

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this Tuesday and it was really good. Some of the themes hit me hard especially about being in a big family and just feeling like you are going to disappoint your family if you dont exceed their expectations :cries: 

I just wish the music was a bit better imo. nothing was really that memorable except for We Dont Talk About Bruno 

Saw it yesterday and it was really cute :heart:

We Don't Talk About Bruno and Surface Pressure are BOPS :jonny2:

The I Want song was underwhelming though. How Far I'll Go OUTSOLD. 

It was so beautiful, i cried 

Spoiler

I couldn’t stop laughing when her strong sister sang with the donkeys doing choreo in the background 

Edited by Hilly

This was beautiful, the animation was stunning! I agree with previous statements that the music was fine, but not particularly memorable. "We Don't Talk About Bruno" is probably the most memorable, but it was nice to listen to.

Saw this last night and it was so good. I’m still gagged by Stephanie Beatriz playing Maribel after so many years of watching her as Rosa on B99. What an actress :jonny:

Surface Pressure is one of the best Disney songs in years. 

I liked this movie a lot, didn’t expect to but it’s really a good viewing experience

It was cute and colorful, but the story got confusing towards the end and the songs made no sense. 

Damn, Lin Manuel Miranda having three movies out this year. Things he did: THAT! Mirabel might be my favourite Disney female protagonist in a while. Loved how… ordinary and relatable she was. I resonated so much with her responsibilities as the eldest child in the context of the immigrant plight. 

Beautiful animation. Substantial secondary characters. Unique story. I laughed throughout and teared up towards the end 

Spoiler

when the whole neighbourhood came to the house to help after the tragedy and when Mirabel finally got to insert the doorknob.

Perched for Red! 

Edited by ALittleGauche

13 hours ago, ALittleGauche said:
Spoiler

when the whole neighbourhood came to the house to help after the tragedy

I thought that was a realy cute moment indeed. 

it was cute but I feel like there was something missing. the final moment with abuela and maribel by the river was kinda underwhelming.

Luisa did that with her solo though :clap3:

On 12/15/2021 at 10:56 PM, gui said:

it was cute but I feel like there was something missing. the final moment with abuela and maribel by the river was kinda underwhelming.

Luisa did that with her solo though :clap3:

Abuela’s ass needed to be told off, like really told off by someone else and not just the protagonist.

This movie pissed me off so much with how rude everyone was! :deadbanana2:

4 hours ago, LuLuDrops said:

Abuela’s ass needed to be told off, like really told off by someone else and not just the protagonist.

This movie pissed me off so much with how rude everyone was! :deadbanana2:

Right?

There was a moment I was just hoping for Maribel to slap Abuela in the face