The Oscar Thread: Moonlight First LGBT Best Pic!

7,545 posts in this topic

Ghost

Michelle Pfeiffer is obviously due for an Oscar and I hope she gets one because she's always been amazing. This year could really be her big comeback. And who cares about stats? Let's not believe that Academy members look at those when they nominate and vote for people :rip: Pfeiffer might have less stats than Williams or Adams but I believe she's very respected in her field and with a great (or more) performance(s) she can get a 4th nod and possibly win. That's definitely what matters, otherwise people like Arquette would have never won.

Inception
22 hours ago, Dark Miracles said:

Am I the only one who was uncomfortable with someone as lame as Anne Hathaway playing Catwoman? It's such a disservice to what Pfeiffer did with the character in Batman Returns (aka the best Batman film).

Very different takes on the character, though. I personally loved her portrayal. 

Inception

Man, Steve McQueen's Widows sounds pretty interesting, should be a major Oscar contender!

Charif

Do stats really matter when it comes to nominations/wins ? :deadbanana2:

I thought all you needed was a good performance, Oscar buzz and a good campaign...

fridayteenage

that is true, but the discussion at hand was the concept of being overdue.

obviously, the voters pick and choose when they care. Like, 8x lead nominee Peter O'Toole couldn't win. 

chiliam
On 3/5/2017 at 1:32 AM, Dark Miracles said:

Am I the only one who was uncomfortable with someone as lame as Anne Hathaway playing Catwoman? It's such a disservice to what Pfeiffer did with the character in Batman Returns (aka the best Batman film).

Anne was great as Catwoman, though. It`s just different and refreshing. 

Halle Berry really ruin the chance of any new Catwoman movie. Anne would slay the movie with a good storyline, director. At least she`s able to keep your eyes on screen. 

fridayteenage

It's hardly Halle's fault. Pitof, Brancao, Ferris, and Rogers gave her a terrible movie.

The RT consensus is "Halle Berry is the lone bright spot, but even she can't save this laughable action thriller"

Are you gonna say that Anne Hathaway ruined Bride Wars? 

Ghost

Poor Hanks could have been nominated in 2014, 2016 and 2017.. maybe that movie will be his Oscar comeback

Reinvention

I'm still slain by Moonlight ha slayage ngl.

Weed
1 hour ago, Reinvention said:

I'm still slain by Moonlight ha slayage ngl.

izzy

More spoilers for the Aronofsky movie for those who want to know :keir: 

From tumblr again :keir: 

One of the extras  said that they were filming in a upside down house and that there were 150 extras on set. That the sinks and toilets were ripped out of the walls and the staircase was held up by beams. They also said that the house gets torn down and it's like a demolition type thing. She said that Darren told her to scream help me but in French. They also said that they had to have actual nurses there because it was really dirty.

-And that the set was very dangerous to be on. They then went on to say that on one take Jen got hurt quite badly and so they had a break for a while because she was getting checked by the nurse. She said she was amazing because she actually did the scene another 4 times before actually telling Darren that she had hurt her ankle. He seemed really worried about it but after like 20 mins they continued the scene. She said she was on set for 3 days. Oh and that a cop gets beaten up in front of Jen.

- during the filming of an abuse scene Jen felt quite uncomfortable and was a bit nervous and so her and the director talked about it for a while in the corner before filming it and they left early day that because it was emotionally draining on Jen.

[/spoiler]

Superbitch

Hmmm interesting I'm Intrigued by mother but even with the spoilers I'm still confused or don't get what it'll be about lol or why is it called mother. 

Frozen99
On 3/4/2017 at 7:19 PM, izzy said:

The best Michelle was amazing in Dangerous Liaisons,Scarface,Love Field,Dangerous Minds,Batman Returns and so on. :worship2: 

That Witches of Eastwick snub :shakeno: I also liked her in White Oleander

Stardust is probably my most fave film with her :skull:

Can't wait for her comeback

KylieistBoi

But can we talk about how rude Justin Hurwitz was? He got to talk all by himself during the Original Score acceptance and then when they announced the Song category he kept listing these names he said he wouldn't during his former speech and didn't let the other guys talk. The gay one barely could thank his mother :shakeno: 

Superbitch

So this thread or the other one? I like this one better. 

Superbitch

I watched wild and wow Reese was fantastiqué. I haven't seen still Alice but Reese was damn good. Amazing Amy still deserved it imo. Such a complex, ****ed up character. 

Ghost
On 28/3/2017 at 1:44 AM, Superbitch said:

I watched wild and wow Reese was fantastiqué. I haven't seen still Alice but Reese was damn good. Amazing Amy still deserved it imo. Such a complex, ****ed up character. 

The 2015 line up was 10/10 imo. Every performance was deserving

Lady Bird
On 2017-02-26 at 9:21 PM, Lein said:

C5pdd0TWAAE972o.jpg

This thread :ahh: