Madonna Discography Rate (WINNER ANNOUNCED)

madonnas

2 minutes ago, Madame X said:

i want impressive instant to be the top album cut

in fact, i want it to be #1!

It deserves it

My 11s are most likely going all to Debut and Music, if not maybe Where Life Begins

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• madonnas

• Oktober Knight

• Everest

• Poxy

5 minutes ago, paulyyyozd said:

American Life may receive 2 of my 11s when all is said and done

orwm8t7.thumb.jpg.ec1314eeb9ef4fb406104e 

it’s what she deserves

5 hours ago, Madame X said:

everybody > holiday

TR4D53V.thumb.jpg.e09017ee238c0910080c66

dance and sing get up and listen to hard grammy

Everybody is just classic pure sweat dance floor classic, yes classic twice

• ATRL Moderator
madonnas
7 minutes ago, Reverie said:

It deserves it

My 11s are most likely going all to Debut and Music, if not maybe Where Life Begins

my 11s: debut, likea virgin, music

10.5s: misc, true blue, erotica

0.5s: misc, madame x, mdna

0s: rebel heart, ray of light, american life

11 minutes ago, Reverie said:

I never paid attention to it before and kinda warmed up to American Life, idk if there's any 10s on it (yet) but I thought it was consistently enjoyable at least, I definitely liked Easy Ride a lot

Also like Nobody Knows mainly because Kpop has poisoned my mind, sonically reminds me of an early 2NE1 or T-ara first album track, which is HIGH Kpop praise for me, whether it's actually good idk! 

I will be giving those 4 ballads + Die Another Day 10s probably. Die Another Day deserves an 11 tbh 

On 12/9/2020 at 5:42 PM, Madame X said:

FEBRUARY 1ST

Grand! Will do my list over the weekend. It'll be hard but X-Static Process is getting an 11 I know that already. Just today VH1 had a Madonna hour of hits. So good to see Cherish or You'll See on the telly.

10 minutes ago, Madame X said:

The only 11 I've decided so far is Physical Attraction, but

Spoiler

Burning Up Everybody Angel Into The Groove Dress You Up Live To Tell Where Life Begins Impressive Instant I Deserve It

are all in my 10+ considerations

The only reason I have to revisit ROL is to figure out what gets my 0

I'm scared for Rebel Heart and Madame X though those albums got erased from my mind, other than Come Alive

Omg lemme spoiler that in case a ROL stan decides to come for me

Edited by Reverie
Medonerpls

not rihmixes as well :deadbanana4:
should've just done albums, soundtracks, GH songs, collabs and other stand alone songs :matty:

also i didnt expect this to hit 55 pages :ohwow:

Edited by Medonerpls
8 minutes ago, Brando said:

I will be giving those 4 ballads + Die Another Day 10s probably. Die Another Day deserves an 11 tbh 

Right now American Life is a mostly 6/7s with a couple 8s and lows album for me, will prolly be one of the albums I relisten before submitting!

11 minutes ago, Madame X said:

I was like which song on LAV could possibly deserve an 11 and then I remembered Into The Groove is officially part of it. 

• ATRL Moderator
madonnas
4 minutes ago, Paddy said:

Grand! Will do my list over the weekend. It'll be hard but X-Static Process is getting an 11 I know that already. Just today VH1 had a Madonna hour of hits. So good to see Cherish or You'll See on the telly.

im looking forward to your scores!! surprised to see you'll see, though i guess it was a top 10 hit.  i'd have to say it's not one of her most remembered ones buttttt it has a gorgeous music video so we forgive her for that.

3 minutes ago, Reverie said:

The only 11 I've decided so far is Physical Attraction, but Burning Up Everybody Angel Into The Groove Dress You Up Live To Tell Where Life Begins Impressive Instant I Deserve It are all in my 10+ considerations

The only reason I have to revisit ROL is to figure out what gets my 0

I'm scared for Rebel Heart and Madame X though those albums got erased from my mind, other than Come Alive

i knew exactly what gets my 0 from ROL.  honestly, i only dragged two songs from ROL, teh rest got cute scores from me though more in the 7s range than 10s range.

madame x, for what its worth, actrually tries to do things.  so it has that over rebel heart, but then again, rebel heart has bitch im madonna.

2 minutes ago, Medonerpls said:

not rihmixes as well :deadbanana4:
should've just done albums, soundtracks, GH songs, collabs and other stand alone songs :matty:

also i didnt expect this to hit 55 pages :ohwow:

well thats what happens when you have a riveting discussion on the merits of spanish lesson.  

am looking forward to your rates!  the remixes are easy to get through!

2 minutes ago, Madame X said:

i knew exactly what gets my 0 from ROL.  honestly, i only dragged two songs from ROL, teh rest got cute scores from me though more in the 7s range than 10s range.

madame x, for what its worth, actrually tries to do things.  so it has that over rebel heart, but then again, rebel heart has bitch im madonna.

well thats what happens when you have a riveting discussion on the merits of spanish lesson.  

Oh I'm guessing it's that previous rate winner? Cheers to that

Hmmm, my scores might shake things up a bit. As a MIAMster and Memoirster I fear I've become radicalized

Also listening right now and unironically Hard Candy eats COADF tf up, Hard Candy is just banger after banger and the end of COADF is downright ugly to me

Also Miles Away inspired Grimes' Delete Forever didn't it

I'm That Chick vs She's Not Me which is better?

i finished the task like 2 weeks ago but i'm glad i'm waiting to submit because some of you are exposing your machiavelic tactics hmm gonna change some things up in a minute

• ATRL Moderator
madonnas
10 minutes ago, Reverie said:

Oh I'm guessing it's that previous rate winner? Cheers to that

Hmmm, my scores might shake things up a bit. As a MIAMster and Memoirster I fear I've become radicalized

it MIGHT be....

yeah we need someone to shake it up, currently the scores are looking GOOD in many ways, but need a litttle bit of editing.  i hope it doesn't go normiecore with more submissions but given what people are saying in this thread... who knows :deadbanana2:

7 minutes ago, Reverie said:

Also listening right now and unironically Hard Candy eats COADF tf up, Hard Candy is just banger after banger and the end of COADF is downright ugly to me

Also Miles Away inspired Grimes' Delete Forever didn't it

I'm That Chick vs She's Not Me which is better?

coadf should have been a 6 song EP!  first 5 songs + super pop! (or maybe forbidden love)

i'm that chick.  its top tier einstein while she's not me is mid tier hard candy!  both gorgeous tho. 

• ATRL Moderator
madonnas
10 minutes ago, TipToe said:

i finished the task like 2 weeks ago but i'm glad i'm waiting to submit because some of you are exposing your machiavelic tactics hmm gonna change some things up in a minute

everyone is going to try to outmaneuver each other and watch us get a beautiful scars #1

Listening to Evita tracks rn. It kinda occured to me that Madonna sounds better on jazz songs than Gaga :mandown:

• ATRL Moderator
madonnas
3 minutes ago, Brando said:

Listening to Evita tracks rn. It kinda occured to me that Madonna sounds better on jazz songs than Gaga :mandown:

gaga has a much better tone for rock than jazz.

madonna's attempt at rock the joe henry collab is an abomination :rip: 

i guess burning up is rock though, and she coudl sell new wave back with her minnie mouse vocals. 

9 minutes ago, Madame X said:

it MIGHT be....

yeah we need someone to shake it up, currently the scores are looking GOOD in many ways, but need a litttle bit of editing.  i hope it doesn't go normiecore with more submissions but given what people are saying in this thread... who knows :deadbanana2:

coadf should have been a 6 song EP!  first 5 songs + super pop! (or maybe forbidden love)

i'm that chick.  its top tier einstein while she's not me is mid tier hard candy!  both gorgeous tho. 

Just tell me....is True Blue in danger? That probably has my 3rd or 4th highest average, can't believe the disrespect it gets

I agree the album falls off hard after ILNY for me, like the concept is cool and all but that one continuous beat or synth line is not enough to make me want to actually listen to the songs at the end

And true, Mariah put a bit more magic in I'm That Chick. I do think Hard Candy is the better listen overall, Einstein gets bogged down a lot by some songs. Imagine an album full of Migrates and I'm That Chicks, and keeping some of the cute RnB midtempos OMGG

HonourableVomit

rates by nature will skew normie just because as much as they deny it, atrlers are very basic 

• #FreeBritney Activist

@Madame X did you have any thoughts on how you're going to reveal 300+ songs? I know most rates reveal them 1 by 1 but that seems a lot for 300+ songs :deadbanana:

• ATRL Moderator
madonnas
1 minute ago, naval23 said:

@Madame X did you have any thoughts on how you're going to reveal 300+ songs? I know most rates reveal them 1 by 1 but that seems a lot for 300+ songs :deadbanana:

slow and steady wins the race.  ill do about 20-30 per day consistently.  @That Bad Eartha did a great job hosting the mariah discography rate which had a similar amount of songs, and went pretty well!

8 minutes ago, HonourableVomit said:

rates by nature will skew normie just because as much as they deny it, atrlers are very basic 

yeah.  buttttttttttt there can still be little nice moments, like how replay was the highest in the twpop rate, and the roof winning the mariah rate.  

21 minutes ago, Brando said:

Did somebody try to drag I'm Going Bananas? 

What a fun song

i think its the voice she uses :rip: 

43 minutes ago, Reverie said:

Just tell me....is True Blue in danger? That probably has my 3rd or 4th highest average, can't believe the disrespect it gets

I agree the album falls off hard after ILNY for me, like the concept is cool and all but that one continuous beat or synth line is not enough to make me want to actually listen to the songs at the end

And true, Mariah put a bit more magic in I'm That Chick. I do think Hard Candy is the better listen overall, Einstein gets bogged down a lot by some songs. Imagine an album full of Migrates and I'm That Chicks, and keeping some of the cute RnB midtempos OMGG

im not gonna tell you that!  thatll be cheating, so you can just go off of what people are saying in this thread!  

yeah its always a bad idea to save all the good songs on a cute album for the beginning, cuz then we dispose of the rest.  i guess isaac stands out from the rest, but i dont know if thats necessarily a GOOD thing........

yeah theres literally no filler in hard candy.  its kind of insane, especially considerintg the amount of **** it gets.  einstein has some filler but has masterpieces too.  i would KILL for a mariah album full of just her most ruthless bops, though caution was wonderful as well. 

• #FreeBritney Activist
34 minutes ago, Madame X said:

slow and steady wins the race.  ill do about 20-30 per day consistently.  @That Bad Eartha did a great job hosting the mariah discography rate which had a similar amount of songs, and went pretty well!

thanks! that definitely seems doable