TheWayWeWere Bestof2020 | PG.20 : FINALE

TheWayWeWere

Really didn't enjoy the La Roux album :frown:

Gaslighter is great! A big surprise for me!

Falling :heart2:

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheWayWeWere

• Remmy

• Legend E

• Kevin2803

• ATRL Moderator

another person choosing something more :eek: is it higher than murphy's??

and i agree w your la roux description.  STILL LIKE IT.  i actually hated trouble in paradise on first listen for some reason, now i luv. 

I hope this update's not going to flop as last ones 

7IrRCx3.gif

TOP 50 ALBUMS

dZrkZld.png

29    Melanie C | Melanie C
"When I look in the mirror I finally like what I see"
Okay, most-talented member of Spice Girls just proves this statement for another time. This is her best album since 'The Sea' and among top 3 of her discography. There's finally good balance between pop/rock/dance she already explored. Album sounds amazing, there's many highlights and carefree/self-improving lyrics fits there amazing. Just proves her legend status and shows how underrated she is. 
highlights: Overload, Who I Am, Here I Am, Into You

CJhHM2V.png

28    Paloma Faith | Infinite Things
"This could be so good that it hurts"
Even tho I liked first two singles, they never hit me the same way as previous leads do, so I was a bit worried about this album. But, despite a bit lackness (in comparision with her previous albums) of creativity in album art/music videos, Palomadelievers. It's full of bops and epic ballads, her most poppiest songs and some of her best vocal performances. Probably her most accessible album to date. 
highlights: Falling Down, Supernatural, Infinite Things, Last Night on Earth, If This Is Goodbye

tPTzWeP.png

27    Toni Braxton | Spell My Name
"Every single feeling I'm feelin is wrong"
Okay, Toni's 2010's music renaissance continues now in new decade with this marvelous record. Shortness of this record kinda works in its favor, every track is a standout in its own. One of the finest r&b records of the year. Great combo of old school r&b with modern sounds.
highlights: Fallin', Spell My Name, Saturday Night, Nothin'

TOP 100 SINGLES
OYUmTZj.png

59    Paloma Faith | Better Than This
"I can hear the angels praying that we can do better than this"
This song, just like its music video, is simple but effective. It wasn't instant love for me, but once it hits me, it never felt the same. Very powerful message with amazing peformance by Paloma.

719bmMU.png

58    Aly & AJ | Joan of Arc on the Dance Floor
"Knights in armor hide under eyeliner"
Okay, I love Aly & AJ for life, but this 80s club banger were such a great lead to the album! Sad dance songs are my favorite ones and this one is just perfect! And I loved music video, inspired by the masterpiece 'The Passion of Joan Of Arc'. Very excited about album.

exYDiE7.png

57    The Weeknd | Heartless
"Never need a bitch, I'm what a bitch need"
Okay, I used to hate this song, but this feels different with album on its board. Major banger! Production on this is just immaculate.

sLhmpGF.png

56    Caroline Polachek | Breathless
"Although I'm not asleep I never want to wake up"
Well, Caroline made some points with this cover. I've never even cared about original and she basically owns this song with this new dreamy reendition of teen pop classic. 

Qlzoya2.png

55    Kesha, Brian Wilson, Sturgill Simpson, Wrabel | Resentment
"I don't hate you babe, it's worse than that 'cause you hurt me and I don't react"
This is probably my favorite song from High Road. I ADORE Rainbow album, so Resentment's acostic guitar sound, along with touching lyrics about toxic relationships hit me hard. One of the most striking tracks from album. Deserved to be her classic tbh. 

thanks to y'all :heart:

Spoiler
1 hour ago, Madame X said:

another person choosing something more :eek: is it higher than murphy's??

and i agree w your la roux description.  STILL LIKE IT.  i actually hated trouble in paradise on first listen for some reason, now i luv. 

no :fan: 

2 hours ago, dangerousalex said:

July is Noah's best song :jonny2:

2 hours ago, ikiru said:

Really didn't enjoy the La Roux album :frown:

Gaslighter is great! A big surprise for me!

Falling :heart2:

3 hours ago, Valtersen said:

Falling by Harry :clap3:

4 hours ago, K$Ellie said:

I hurd the La Roux album was underwhelming so I didn't bother :mandown: 

Something More has a lovely bridge :jonny2: don't really love the rest of the song tho :keir:

Hayley and Katy were meh, glad you panned Hayley a bit :fan: 34+35 terrible but very boppy indeed :clap3:

not when Extended version is the best one :eli: 

4 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

I had expectations for this La Roux comeback album, but sadly it didn't meet any of them, perhaps it needs a re-listen

Something More a monumental song :clap3:

5 hours ago, Lazuli said:

supervision is a choice :mandown: 

gaslighter :alexz: should be higher tbh

don’t really use any of the songs... falling is cute tho :-* 

18 hours ago, Sunderland 4ever said:

Supervision's album cover always makes me dizzy. :cries2:

19 hours ago, Green said:

Gaslighter was a great comeback album for The Chicks  :clap3: 

Falling is a beautiful ballad  :heart:

19 hours ago, dreamofyou said:

july and i got so high, excellence

also the romance notice, taste

20 hours ago, Legend E said:

gaslighter SO iconic

20 hours ago, Psycho said:

July was surprisingly good :clap3: cute lil hit

21 hours ago, ARTPØP said:

LOVE ME LAND :alexz::alexz::alexz::alexz:

July :clap3:

21 hours ago, geodancefreak said:

Falling :heart:

21 hours ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

Welp I don’t know most of the songs in this bunch besides Falling which is great :clap3:

21 hours ago, Kevin2803 said:

I very much enjoyed Kiiara's album :clap3:

Not you putting Breathless when it will officially debut next year I think :fan: Amazing cover though

• ATRL Moderator

WAIT, what is this caroline song? a leak??

I LOVE JOAN OF ARC ON THE DANCE FLOOR.  glad to see it on so many lists.  resentment would not be my top kesha pick, but i get the appeal.

i did not listen to toni, im a flop. 

Joan of Arc :katie2:
Heartless grower banger :WAP:
Breathless was cute but I only heard it like twice since it's a cover and it's not on streaming yet :fan:
Resentment masterpiece :WAP:

Melanie C had a few bops this year :clap3:

Paloma's album was okay. :oh:

Aly & AJ :heart:

I feel like i am the only person who prefers Heartless over Blinding Lights.

heartless' verses always reminded me of blood orange's dark & handsome. is it a sample/interpolation of something?

Caroline's voice fits breathless nicely.

1 hour ago, Madame X said:

WAIT, what is this caroline song? a leak??

no, it was released this spring on random streaming service Freegal Music :rip:  it's going to be released everything else as part of her new remix collection next year :rip: 

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, TheWayWeWere said:

no, it was released this spring on random streaming service Freegal Music :rip:  it's going to be released everything else as part of her new remix collection next year :rip: 

:rip: not Freegal Music :skull:  well, ill prob just wait for the remix collection if its coming soon tbh. 

Heartless is cute, needed some time to grow on me though. Falling is stunning :smitten: Resentment mmm, definitely deserved more attention. Joan of Arc ahhh a megabop :sats::sats::sats: But don't start getting insanely high expectations, the song is just a droplet and the album will apparently be less synthpoppy (as their new single Slow Dancing shows) :lakitu:

I don't have much to say on this update so lemme check out the one I missed.

Supervision is really underrated. My top 2 are part of your favorite songs too :eli: 

Something More is SO GOOD. It's also lowkey my favorite single cover from the campaign, maybe tied with Incapable. The fact that I think it was mostly written by someone else (that Amy woman) and Roisin still SMASHES it, ah a legend.

2 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

27    Toni Braxton | Spell My Name

YESSSS this was one of my favorites this year. I agree in general about it's shorter track list- i tend to like those albums more as there is less space for filler and I find very little in this one. Dance is my favorite track.

Also i love that you have Harry's "Falling" on here, so well done that song. 

34 35 is a sex bop :clap3:

Resentment is cute, Heartless an overhated bop, Better Than This is great

Caroline Polachek covered Breathless? :eek: one of my favorite early 2000s songs tbh

Haven't listened to Paloma's album though tbh :dancehall: 

Heartless and Joan of Arc :clap3:

Joan of Arc on the Dance Floor :worship:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.