TheWayWeWere Bestof2020 | PG.20 : FINALE

TheWayWeWere

I'm ready to continue, sistrens

SgwU4Z2.gif

TOP 50 ALBUMS

lsXtH4D.png

44    Låpsley | Through Water
"I can't change this ever-changing weather"
I adored her debut, but her last-year EP did nothing for me. But Lapsley girl managed to release strong follow-up with Through Water. It's greatly crafted, written and produced record, it's amazing listening journey from beginning to the end. First part should've been a bit stronger tho. 
highlights: Our Love is a Garden, Sadness is a Shade of Blue, Ligne 3, Speaking of the End

WdF0gBA.png

43    Norah Jones | Pick Me Up off the Floor
"We were dancing in the place where your heart was in love"
I liked her more experimental side more, so I think last year's Begin Again project was better, but this is nice return to form. Probably her best 'classic' album since Feels Like Home. 
highlights: Flame Twin, Hurts to Be Alone, Street Stranger

2KcvaSX.png

42    Diana Gordon | Wasted Youth
"Tell me, is it always gonna be sad now?"
I'm still pissed she didn't expand this to full-lenght album. This is amazing and her best project as for now! Songs and entire EP were too short tho. I need her to get some recognition :'(
highlights: Wasted Youth, Once a Friend, Rollin

TOP 100 SINGLES

wT2RmrL.png

88    Beyoncé | BLACK PARADE
"Being black, maybe that's the reason why they always mad"
Nice banger inbetween album...soundtrack :rip: releases. I'm still...welp.. suprised for Grammy noms :rip:

IKZxDKK.png

87    Teyana Taylor, Lauryn Hill | We Got Love 
"Love is the new money"
Welp, I LOVED this song since original leak, so I'm very happy she finally released this on platforms. Very vibey, energetic bop. Thank god she erased Kanye from this.

rYhbjUI.png

86    Dua Lipa | Hallucinate
"Pocketful of honey and I'm ready to go"
This is pretty perfect! Loved this when album was released, but gets tired of it through time. One of the most standout tracks from album, I'm so pissed it got only animated vid :'(

fe7xnLi.png

85    Rina Sawayama | Comme des Garçons (Like the Boys)
"I'm so confident"
This is major jam! Production is just immaculate. I love pop-Rina moments so much, so this was love at first sight. I kinda get tired of it too sewn tho :fan:

a6c5UQl.png

84    Billie Eilish | everything i wanted
"If I knew it all then would I do it again?"
This is the only really good droplet from her. I love minimal, mellow production. It's pretty catchy, interesting, sad at the same time. 

E7nk0uk.png

83    London Grammar | Californian Soil
"I left my pride with that woman by my side"
While 'Baby It's You' was cute, it aged like milk. Thankfully they redeemed themself with this haunting masterpiece! I'm pissed album' release is still so far away :rip: 

as always, LOVE for all of you :heart:

Spoiler
1 hour ago, Smilers said:

Stuck With U is so good, i was gonna put it on my list but thought Ari had better sings this year

i'm not one to stick around, one strike and you're out :heart:

finally some love for it :heart2: 

1 hour ago, Insanity said:

Time Machine is a bop :clap3:

I still haven't listened to CFN cause FN is already so good. 

In A Dream is so good 

By the way your graphics are amazing I would do them too but honestly I'm not that good at it it would take me way to long to ever finish lol

2 hours ago, Macchi said:

Alicia Keys Time Machine - her experimental side is definitely interesting!

This song took me a while to get into but it bangs!

Glad to see it made someone's list!

yeah, I would like her to go further in that side

3 hours ago, prézli said:

My favorite list in this section keeps delivering. :jonny5:

3 hours ago, Blue Rose said:

Lianne La Havas :clap3: 

Lose You To Love You and XS are amazing. 
You are so brave listening to Club Future Nostalgia :laugh: 

5 hours ago, Kevin2803 said:

LYTLM & XS :WAP:

Stuck With U :mazen:

I yet have to listen to the normal version of Club Future Nostalgia. The Blessed Madonna version was kinda messy tho. 

that one awas unlistenable :fan: 

6 hours ago, bestfiction said:

SWU has no business being in ANYONE's best of list x

LYTLM, XS artistry

sorry not sorry :fan: 

7 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

Great start, you made several points about CFN, some people did not even attempt to like it and I agree that while TBM remixes of Levitating or Love is Religion are great her DJ Mix is a bit messy and the full album made with actual complete remixes is better

XS below stuck with you is a bit of choice tho..

I know :rip: 

7 hours ago, ikiru said:

wow the graphics are amazing!

I have nothing nice to say about Club Future Nostalgia :mandown:

XS below stuck with u :skull:

:rip: 

9 hours ago, potent said:

Troye's EP is great, I don't really use Stud though

I've definitely heard Time Machine but don't remember it, been meaning to hear Alicia's album but haven't gotten around to it

10 hours ago, Brandon said:

??? + ?????? :duca:

12 hours ago, Remmy said:

I read Lina Morgana instead of Fata Morgana at first :oh: RIP. JAGUAR :fish1: Experience grabbed my interest & it was the best track for me. Punisher :smile: I also discovered it too late, literally 2.5 weeks ago. Club Future Nostalgia hmm, no thanks! In a Dream :worship: || Die a Little Bit :eddie: XS is great yup :jamming: Power + exile :smitten: Lose You to Love Me is nice, especially the post-chorus and how the whole song builds.

I'm dead :deadbanana4:

13 hours ago, Post Malone said:

LYTLM and IAD :clap3:

15 hours ago, Sunderland 4ever said:

I still haven't checked that Dua Lipa record. Might as well do it before the year is over. Oh, and a huuuge thumbs up to your phenomenal graphics.

15 hours ago, Ava Max said:

CFN & XS :clap3:

16 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

Lianne's album is so ****ing good. Same with Troye's EP. Interesting to include Club Future Nostalgia but Love is Religion DOES deserve praise! I've never heard the "leaked original" version so it was a fun surprise.

You could pretend it didn't exist :fan: 

17 hours ago, Legend E said:

Lianne :clap3:  

Troye was meh and CFN was well :rip: 

Time Machine YAS Alicia is so underrated

XS bop

17 hours ago, gagacasanova said:

Lose You To Love Me :heart::heart:

18 hours ago, Madame X said:

allll right here we go :duca: 

i think the club fn got a little too much hate b ut i dont think itll be on my list at all lol.  its cute but i guess its not essential.

glad you agree that lianne and troye gave us their best releases!! i agree 100%.  i used to be bored by lianne but not anymore.

your songs update.... xs too low!!

19 hours ago, luckystrike said:

graphics :duca: glad to see Troye acclaim everywhere :clap3:

21 hours ago, Valtersen said:

the graphics are out of this world :clap3:

21 hours ago, Psycho said:

Troye seems to be improving with each project :clap3:
CFN was fun for what it was
XS, Lose You To Love Me :clap3:

21 hours ago, dreamofyou said:

i love these graphics go my god

also taste

21 hours ago, Reinvention said:

Yas Dua and Rina. Agree with you about Madonna - she really should have got herself into that video.

Selena too obvi "LYTLM" is very beautiful. I'm always pleased if it comes on shuffle but I don't think I ever choose to play it.

Also - LOVE your graphics. :jonny4:

58 minutes ago, ARTPØP said:

Club Future Nostalgia :WAP:

LYTLM :clap3:

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheWayWeWere

• Remmy

• BlackoutZone

• Kevin2803

Hallucinate ahh :clap3:

I honestly didn't expect CMD to appear on so many lists, love it though

everything i wanted :smile: Damn, Comme des Garçons is showing up all over the place! SAWAYAMA has better songs but still nice :alexz3: Hallucinate :sats: At first I preferred Levitating but eventually that changed, and I'd say it aged better for me as well.

Hallucinate! I love your graphics this year sis! :clap3:

everything i wanted :heart2:

Hallucinate :clap3:

I really only used XS from Rina's album, but Comme de Garçons was also one of my favorites.

lapsley :heart2: might or might not be doing a write up for it rn

happy to see london grammar love too, theyre gonna stomp in 2021

2jYn8pb.thumb.gif.2d100664ec9d28376b1482

Hallucinate is a bop 

And I heard Commo De Garcones for the first time today, its a slay

Hallucinate and CDG :jamming: I really love your graphics btw :jonny: I wish I could make my own again but my bootleg photoshop stopped working a year ago

• ATRL Moderator

ive flopped with diana recently but her input on kerosene is making me crave her music.

black parade + we got love are pretty good, but i wanted more from them.  same with commes des garcon but i got more from her with other songs so thats okay.  luv hallucinate a whole bunch.

London Grammar is quite underrated here. First time I see them on a YECD this year. I also like Hallucinate: :biggrin:

Minus Our Love is a Garden I actually think my favorite tracks from Lapsley's album were on the EP nnn. It's a good album though! Wish I've given it more of a chance.

I listened to London Grammar's song once and will abstain until the album. The long ass wait tho :deadbanana: 

Welp, I may or may not have PANNED Lapsley on my Best of for absolutely no reason :keir: wish Hallucinate were higher :jonny2:

Commes is a bop, grew on me once the album came out :jamming: everything i wanted is flawless, another grower for me :chick3:

CFN higher than Troye's EP :shakeno: XS is FAR too low, one of my fave songs of the year :jonny5: LYLTM v cute sing :jamming:

Die A Little Bit, Power, XS, Comme Des Garcons, Hallucinate :heart2:

Also BTW and DW on your recurrent list. Some of the best pop albums of the past decade.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.