Mr. Blue_Shirt 2020 & 90s DECADE | FINISHED!

Mr. Blue_Shirt

qvBEes7.png

snEo4mn.png

10. Visions of Bodies Being Burned - clipping.

Clipping_-_Visions_of_Bodies_Being_Burned_cover.jpg

(October 23, 2020)

I had never heard of clipping.'s music before but I fell in love with this album the first time I heard it. It is spooky, it is creative, it is cinematic. This album is easily some of the most experimental, hard hitting, detailed and straight up fun hip hop albums i have listened to in quite some time. Also they've completely nailed the Horrocore sound without making it cheesy or overbearing.

Top 3: Enlacing, Looking Like Meat & Say the Name

giphy.gif

CWQympA.png Spotify

8QYMhmg.png Apple Music

RnIBodJ.png Youtube

09. Fetch the Bolt Cutters - Fiona Apple

Fiona_Apple_-_Fetch_the_Bolt_Cutters.png

(April 17, 2020)

There's nothing to be said or explained about this album. What makes Fetch the Bolt Cutters stand out to me is that she continues to evolve as an artist. The songwriting here is some of the best in her career. She still has her trademark hilarious and angry wit but she also has newly insane percussion heavy production. It's just fantastic.

Top 3: Shameika, Cosmonauts & I Want You to Love Me

giphy.gif

CWQympA.png Spotify

8QYMhmg.png Apple Music

RnIBodJ.png Youtube

08. Song Machine, Season One: Strange Timez - Gorillaz

Song_Machine_S1_Strange_timez.jpg

(October 23, 2020)

"Song Machine" doesn't feel like a glorified compilation album simple labeled a "studio album", it feels indubitably like an album that was simply just teased to us bit by bit over the course of the year.

This year has been a renaissance of sorts for the creativity, consistence and experimentation that made Gorillaz such a magical "band" in their prime. Every single that the band has released this year has left me impressed. I think this is up there with their best albums, and certainly one of the most fun and colourful projects released this year.

Top 3: Aries, Momentary Bliss & The Pink Phantom

giphy.gif

CWQympA.png Spotify

8QYMhmg.png Apple Music

RnIBodJ.png Youtube

07. Róisín Machine - Róisín Murphy

R%C3%B3is%C3%ADn_Murphy_-_R%C3%B3is%C3%ADn_Machine.png

(October 2, 2020)

This album is living, breathing and moving. I really have nothing negative to say about this album but all i can say is that this is definitely the one that's the most reverent to disco's roots.

The songs are dense and impenetrable and you can almost treat this album as a single, hour long, epic dance track and one that you’ll want to spin several times I can't help but feel this album came out at the wrong time.

Top 3: Simulation, Something More & We Got Together

giphy.gif

CWQympA.png Spotify

8QYMhmg.png Apple Music

RnIBodJ.png Youtube

06. Heaven to a Tortured Mind - Yves Tumor

Heaven_to_a_tortured_mind_album_cover.jpg

from the album The ReVe Festival: Finale

(December 23, 2019)

This album is an Eargasm. The production throughout the whole record is just perfect, the instrumentation is always spot on. Nothing much else to say, this album is sensual, it's enchanting, it's beautiful.

Top 3: Gospel for a New Century, Strawberry Privilege & Kerosene!

giphy.gif

CWQympA.png Spotify

8QYMhmg.png Apple Music

RnIBodJ.png Youtube

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Blue_Shirt

• Bloodflowers.

• Legend E

• JGibson

32 minutes ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

This is the best Miley Cyrus's song I've ever heard in YEARS. If she could have made music like this the entire time, why didn't she?

Also I've seen people online who didn't like her music shocked when they heard this song is actually from Miley. Maybe she really proves this people wrong, huh?

I prefer Mothers Daughter tbh :fan: 

Midnight Sky. It really is one of her best. Fantastic lead material. 

My Own Soul's Warning :jamming:

Yesss My Own Soul's Warning :smitten: Amazing song and an especially amazing album opener. Midnight Sky mmm absolute excellence :worship: || Didn't listen to any of these albums but I peeped Fiona, Róisín and Yves several months ago and none of them were for me :mandown:

Midnight Sky the only one I know from this bunch and it’s a great pick :WAP:

• ATRL Moderator

wow midnight sky this high :WAP: :WAP::WAP::WAP::WAP::WAP::WAP::WAP::WAP::WAP::WAP::WAP::WAP::WAP::WAP:

fiona and roisin yass

cosmonauts is not that good though :thing: 

midnight sky was cute, not as instant for me tho.

i gave fiona, roísín, + yves' albums all a listen, but nothing really stuck with me. interested in seeing your top 5 tho!

Ok let's get into it. I'm going to the top 5 reveal but i will reveal #5 - #3 first then the final two will be reveal few hours later

Thank you guys for tuning in and commenting :heart2:

Happy New Year!

:foxaylove2:

Spoiler
On 12/30/2020 at 9:27 PM, T.O.A.D.S. said:

I prefer Mothers Daughter tbh :fan: 

Oops unpopular opinion i see :mandown:

21 hours ago, JGibson said:

My Own Soul's Warning :jamming:

19 hours ago, Remmy said:

Yesss My Own Soul's Warning :smitten: Amazing song and an especially amazing album opener. Midnight Sky mmm absolute excellence :worship: || Didn't listen to any of these albums but I peeped Fiona, Róisín and Yves several months ago and none of them were for me :mandown:

Yes! The Killers released one of the best songs this year! and their strongest single in years. we love to see it :clap3:

Honestly Remmy, that is another unpopular opinion :mandown: 

17 hours ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

Midnight Sky the only one I know from this bunch and it’s a great pick :WAP:

Yes thank you! Miley really invented comeback in 2020 wbk :jonny5:

15 hours ago, Legend E said:

wow midnight sky this high :WAP: :WAP::WAP::WAP::WAP::WAP::WAP::WAP::WAP::WAP::WAP::WAP::WAP::WAP::WAP:

fiona and roisin yass

cosmonauts is not that good though :thing: 

Honestly Ladies is one of the original top 3 but Cosmonauts kinda served for me recently. Wow she did that :jonny5:

11 hours ago, D/X said:

Midnight Sky is kinda good. :jamming:

@Insanity Right? i'm so glad she really reinvented herself with MS. She better keep up in the next era :clap3:

11 hours ago, kiiwii said:

midnight sky was cute, not as instant for me tho.

i gave fiona, roísín, + yves' albums all a listen, but nothing really stuck with me. interested in seeing your top 5 tho!

I hope you lower expectation sis cause chile, i don't think it will be as good as the other lists alalkgfsdlklgfs  :dies:

Edited by Mr. Blue_Shirt

kEio1ka.png

QfZgfhY.png

05. After Hours - The Weeknd

00602508883408-cover-zoom.jpg

from the album After Hours

(February 19, 2020)

This is the best The Weeknd song in a long time and even one of the best songs of the past few years (Yes that include Blinding Lights).

The best thing about the 6 minutes long track is that it takes its time building up and gets wavier and wilder as it expands. It also has an interesting thing going where it is a depressing and moody song while also being upbeat and banging. The lack of structure is a good thing too, makes the song feel unpredictable and adds to the replay.

2020 is his year and F*CK the Grammys.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.png Spotify

8QYMhmg.png Apple Music

RnIBodJ.png Youtube

04. Say Something - Kylie Minogue

artwork-440x440.jpg

from the album Disco

(July 23, 2020)

This is a classic Kylie for sure. I love everything about this song. The infectious synth beats, Kylie's soothing vocals and the way she delivers "woah woah woah's" In the pre-chorus is *chef kiss* perfection. This is clearly representing a Disco album and shows that Kylie can grow old gracefully while still bringing people to the dancefloor.

"Cause love is love, it never ends, Can we all be as one again?"

giphy.gif

CWQympA.png Spotify

8QYMhmg.png Apple Music

RnIBodJ.png Youtube

03. Pig Feet (feat. Kamasi Washington, G Perico & Daylyt) - Terrace Martin & Denzel Curry

pig-feet-artwork.jpg

(June 1, 2020)

This is such a beautiful protest song and it will be become a part of history of protest songs that have made a huge impact in the world for over 50+ years. Everyone in this song nailed their part, especially for Denzel and Daylyt becuase I have never heard any song that sounds this angry and make me emotional at the the same time. The solo jazz part is incredible and it feels like i'm reading Junji Ito's comic book for a hot minute.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.png Spotify

8QYMhmg.png Apple Music

RnIBodJ.png Youtube

qvBEes7.png

QfZgfhY.png

05. After Hours - The Weeknd

00602508883408-cover-zoom.jpg

(March 20, 2020)

I've never been a huge The Weeknd fan. Outside of his singles from previous albums, He's not an artist that has spark my interest to listen to full body of work. But oh boy i did full 180 after listening to this album.

The production on this album is top notch, some of the best i've heard for 2020. The songwriting is great and Abel's voice is as good as ever, sounding ethereal and beautiful behind the waves and waves of amazing synth work found on this album. The first part of the album loses itself in its' moodiness and atmosphere. and then the trap elements start to creep their way in, and the album finishes on a bit more concrete ground with a heavy 80's synth-pop flavor.

Yeah like i said before, F*CK Grammys!

Top 3: After Hours, Save Your Tears & Blinding Lights

giphy.gif

CWQympA.png Spotify

8QYMhmg.png Apple Music

RnIBodJ.png Youtube

04. Last Year Was Weird, Vol. 2 - Tkay Maidza

last%20year%20was%20weird,%20vol%202_tkay%20maidza.jpg

(August 7, 2020)

This project is the first time i've listen to Tkay Maidza, and og my god it's really good. it's so diverse and progressive pop rap. The switches between soft, breezy songs and her ability to switch sounds and moods seamlessly is amazing. The production is so incredibly lush and The blends between funk and soul are done so tastefully. It's just so f*cking good yall. I can't get enough of it, i want more.

Top 3: Awake, Shook & Grasshopper

giphy.gif

CWQympA.png Spotify

8QYMhmg.png Apple Music

RnIBodJ.png Youtube

03. RTJ4 - Run the Jewels

run-the-jewels-4-rtj4-album-cover-artwork.png

(June 3, 2020)

Run The Jewels came back with their fourth installment "RTJ4" and the album lenght of 39 minutes long, marking it as their shortest full length project since the group's debut. The album delivers a whole lot of content in that short time period. Production is incredible and It is incredibly rare to see an artist that is able to combine humor, serious social commentary, and pleasing audio so seamlessly in one, but they have found a way to do it for four records in a row now.

Top 3: Pulling the Pin, Never Look Back & Yankee and the Brave (Ep. 4)

giphy.gif

CWQympA.png Spotify

8QYMhmg.png Apple Music

RnIBodJ.png Youtube

Say Something :worship:

Say Something is a masterpiece :jonny:

AH (song) getting so much love :eek: I'm not sure it was one of my absolute favorites from the album, but it's definitely a great song

I would rank IYE in the top 3 instead of SYT though

• ATRL Moderator

Girl don't leave us hanging!

• ATRL Moderator

Honestly Ladies is one of the original top 3 but Cosmonauts kinda served for me recently. Wow she did that :jonny5:

heavy balloon, sweetie...

say something...an absolute gem :WAP: 

Kylie :)

Good News, Midnight Sky :clap3:

Gorillaz, The Weeknd, RTJ :worship2:

Edited by ReverseWarholian

After Hours x2 :clap3: F*ck the Scammys indeed! It's ridiculous how hard they snubbed him, and for what?? Blinding Lights also in your trinity, a classique yup :party: Happy new year! :foxaylove:

Say Something :clap3:

I was kinda skeptical about the Miley song even though ATRL was stanning hard for it. Gave it a listen sometime ago and I'm impressed! Haven't listened to the album as a whole but hopefully MS is a good sign!

Didn't know Tyler dropped a loosie :eek: I'll make sure to check it out.

After Hours (song) really feels so short even though it's like 6 minutes long. Truly a cinematic masterpiece :smitten:

Nice to see someone else who hasn't given up on Gorillaz lol. I thought Song Machine was a good album with tons of great songs in it.

Fiona, Roisin, Yves, Abel :clap3: Don't much care for RTJ much.

Tkay sounds interesting :eek: I just saved that album, you recommend any of her other albums?

Also I never knew that Daveed Diggs (:heart:) was in clipping. Kinda makes me want to listen to them even more :keir:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.