Mr. Blue_Shirt 2020 & 90s DECADE | FINISHED!

Mr. Blue_Shirt

AD9GkvB.png

YpbGcTG.png

44. Suicide Blonde - INXS

Suicide_blonde.jpg

from the album X

(September 2, 1990)

"Suicide Blonde" is the first single from the INXS album X. The song was written by Michael Hutchence and Andrew Farriss of the group INXS, after the band had gotten back together after a year-long sabbatical in 1989.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

43. If - Janet Jackson

Janet_Jackson_lf.png

from the album Janet

(July 13, 1993)

"If" is a song by American singer Janet Jackson. It was released as the album's second single from her fifth album Janet. It fuses various genres, including rock, trip hop and industrial music, with elements of new jack swing and hip hop.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

42. Goodbye Horses - Q Lazzarus

GoodbyeHorsesSingleCover.jpg

(June 1991)

"Goodbye Horses" is a 1988 song sung by Q Lazzarus. It was written and produced by William Garvey. According to Garvey, "the song is about transcendence over those who see the world as only earthly and finite. The horses represent the five senses discussed in the Bhagavad Gita and the ability to lift one’s perception above these physical limitations and to see beyond this limited Earthly perspective."

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

41. Lovefool - The Cardigans

LovefoolCover.jpg

from the album First Band on the Moon

(September 14, 1996)

"Lovefool" is a song written by Swedish rock band the Cardigans. It was released as the album's lead single for their third studio album, First Band on the Moon on September 1996. Following a re-release in 1997, "Lovefool" found international success.

Nina Persson, the lead singer of the band wrote the lyrics to the song at an airport while waiting for a plane. She later said that the song is "quite a sad love song; the meaning of it is quite pathetic, really." She also added that "the biggest hits are the ones that are the easiest to write"

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Blue_Shirt

• Bloodflowers.

• Legend E

• JGibson

AD9GkvB.png

b2ECsBk.png

40. Breathe - Kylie Minogue

Kylie_Minogue_-_Breathe.png

from the album Impossible Princess

(March 16, 1998)

"Breathe" is a song by the Australian recording artist Kylie Minogue. The song was released as the third single from her sixth studio album, Impossible Princess. it is an electronica track. The lyrics revolve around contemplation and calmness.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

39. Everlong - Foo Fighters

Foo_Fighters_Everlong.jpg

from the album The Colour and the Shape

(August 18, 1997)

"Everlong" is a song by American rock group Foo Fighters. It was released as the second single from their second studio album, The Colour and the Shape. About the lyrics of the song, Dave Grohl explained, "That song's about a girl that I'd fallen in love with and it was basically about being connected to someone so much, that not only do you love them physically and spiritually, but when you sing along with them you harmonize perfectly"

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

38. Where the Wild Roses Grow - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds & Kylie Minogue

Nick_Cave_and_the_Bad_Seeds_and_Kylie_Minogue_-_Where_the_Wild_Roses_Grow.png

from the album Murder Ballads

(October 5, 1995)

"Where the Wild Roses Grow" is a murder ballad by Australian rock band Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds and pop singer Kylie Minogue. It is the lead single from the band's ninth studio album, Murder Ballads. Nick Cave was inspired to write "Where the Wild Roses Grow" after listening to the traditional song, "Down in the Willow Garden", a tale of a man courting a woman and killing her while they are out together.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

37. Crazy - Seal

Crazysealsingle.jpg

from the album Seal

(September 10, 1990)

"Crazy" is a song written by English singer Seal. It was released as his official debut single for his debut album Seal. In 2015, Seal said of the song's conception in 1990: "I felt the cycle had reached its apex. I felt the world changing and I felt profound things happening."

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

Edited by Mr. Blue_Shirt

AD9GkvB.png

PN7eOOb.png

36. It's All Coming Back to Me Now - Celine Dion

Its_All_Coming_Back_To_Me_Now_-_Celine_Dion_single_cover.jpg

from the album Falling into You

(July 29, 1996)

"It's All Coming Back to Me Now" is a power ballad written by Jim Steinman. It was then recorded by Celine Dion for her album Falling into You, and her version was a commercial hit, reaching No. 2 in the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 and No. 3 in the UK Singles Chart.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

35. Deeper and Deeper - Madonna

Deeper_and_Deeper_Madonna.png

from the album Erotica

(November 17, 1992)

"Deeper and Deeper" is a song by American singer Madonna. It was released as the album's second single from her fifth studio album Erotica. It is a disco, dance-pop and deep house song, and features instrumentation from acoustic guitars and castanet beats on its bridge. Lyrically, the song talks about sexual desire, though it has been argued that it's actually about a young man coming to terms with his homosexuality.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

34. Thank U - Alanis Morissette

Alanis_Morissette_-_Thank_U.png

from the album Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie

(October 13, 1998)

"Thank U" is a song by Canadian-American recording artist and songwriter Alanis Morissette, for her fourth studio album Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie. The song was written by Alanis Morissette and Glen Ballard, who produced her previous album, Jagged Little Pill. Morissette wrote the song after she came back from a trip to India.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

33. Music Sounds Better With You - Stardust

Stardust_-_Music_Sounds_Better_with_You.png

(July 20, 1998)

"Music Sounds Better with You" is the only song by the French house group Stardust. Stardust comprised Thomas Bangalter from Daft Punk, DJ Alan Braxe, and vocalist Benjamin Diamond; they disbanded after the release and resumed separate careers. "Music Sounds Better with You" is a dance track built from a guitar riff sampled from the 1981 Chaka Khan song "Fate"

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

AD9GkvB.png

6uKWiwE.png

32. Fly Away - Lenny Kravitz

Lenny_Fly_Away.jpg

from the album 5

(November 9, 1998)

Fly Away" is a song by American singer Lenny Kravitz. It was released as the fourth single from his fifth studio album, 5. By the time he wrote "Fly Away", Kravitz had already turned in the completed album to Virgin Records, and he considered releasing the song as a b-side. However, after playing the song for a friend, they responded, "If you don’t put it on the album, I’m gonna be so pissed off at you." After Kravitz contacted his label about the inclusion of the song, they were reluctant, but he sent them the song anyway. Upon hearing the track, they added it to the album.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

31. Cornflake Girl - Tori Amos

Tori_amos_cornflake_girl_us_cover.jpg

from the album Under the Pink

(January 10, 1994)

"Cornflake Girl" is a song by American singer–songwriter and musician Tori Amos. It was released as the first single from her second studio album Under the Pink. The inspiration for "Cornflake Girl" came from a conversation Amos was having with a longtime friend about female genital mutilation in Africa, specifically how a close female family member would betray the victim by performing the procedure. Amos has said that growing up, the name they gave to girls who would hurt you despite close friendship was cornflake girls.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

30. Together Again - Janet Jackson

Janet_Jackson_Together_Again.png

from the album The Velvet Rope

(December 2, 1997)

Together Again" is a song by American singer Janet Jackson. It was released as the second single from her sixth album The Velvet Rope. Originally written as a ballad, the track was rearranged as an uptempo dance song. Jackson was inspired to write the song by her own private discovery of losing a friend to AIDS, as well as by a piece of fan mail she received from a young boy in England who had lost his father.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

29. Freedom! '90 - George Michael

Gmfreedom.jpg

from the album Listen Without Prejudice Vol. 1

(October 30, 1990)

"Freedom! '90" (also known simply as "Freedom!") is a song written, produced, and performed by George Michael. The "'90" added to the end of the title is to prevent confusion with a hit by Michael's former band Wham!, also titled "Freedom". It was the third single taken from Listen Without Prejudice Vol. 1, though released as the second single from the album in the US and Australia.

The song refers to Michael's past success with Wham!, yet also shows a new side of himself as a new man, who is more cynical about the music business than he had been before. Michael refused to appear in the video and allowed a group of supermodels to appear instead.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

60-45: You Oughta Know + Torn + Mysterious Ways + Waterfalls + Walking on Broken Glass + I Want It That Way + Gangsta's Paradise + Black Velvet + My Favorite Mistake :party:

44-29: Lovefool + Everlong + Thank U + Fly Away + Together Again + Freedom! 90 :heart2:

On 1/11/2021 at 5:31 AM, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

You better stan Lenny's best album :clap3: Streets of Philadelphia is a masterpiece but i haven't click on it recently nn what a mess, huh?

Neneh Cherry OUT :mandown: 

But seriously though i have several songs from her on the first draft but it got punch out by the other songs dd. Second time a charm this year?! :celestial5:

Alright here are some more predicitons (without reading the new update... will comment on the list afterwods) but I think the songs that still might chart are Hole - Violet, Alice in Chains - Sludge Factory, Tori Amos - Winter, Cyndi Lauper - Fall Into Your Dreams, Madonna - Frozen, TLC - Silly Ho, Janet Jackson - Got Til Its Gone, Garbage - The Trick Is To Keep Breathing, Sade - No Ordinary Love, HIM - Join Me In Death, The Verve - Bitter Sweet Symphony, White Town - Going Nowhere Somehow Your Woman

Hope I guessed at least one right

m4qRs2B.gif

Edited by Bloodflowers.

MY FAVORITE MISTAKE, RASPBERRY SWIRL AND VENUS AS A BOY!!!! INSTANT COLLAPSE :jonny5: :jonny5: :jonny5: :jonny5: :jonny5:

Annie :clap3: Gangsta Paradise is the best rap song of all time :clap3: Erotica era getting love :clap3: Mysterious Ways by U2 :jonny2:

8 hours ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

40. Breathe - Kylie Minogue

Kylie_Minogue_-_Breathe.png

from the album X

(September 2, 1990)

The album title and the date doesn't add up sis :mandown:

but taste :clap3:

AD9GkvB.png

6uKWiwE.png

32. Fly Away - Lenny Kravitz

Lenny_Fly_Away.jpg

from the album 5

(November 9, 1998)

Fly Away" is a song by American singer Lenny Kravitz. It was released as the fourth single from his fifth studio album, 5. By the time he wrote "Fly Away", Kravitz had already turned in the completed album to Virgin Records, and he considered releasing the song as a b-side. However, after playing the song for a friend, they responded, "If you don’t put it on the album, I’m gonna be so pissed off at you." After Kravitz contacted his label about the inclusion of the song, they were reluctant, but he sent them the song anyway. Upon hearing the track, they added it to the album.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

31. Cornflake Girl - Tori Amos

Tori_amos_cornflake_girl_us_cover.jpg

from the album Under the Pink

(January 10, 1994)

"Cornflake Girl" is a song by American singer–songwriter and musician Tori Amos. It was released as the first single from her second studio album Under the Pink. The inspiration for "Cornflake Girl" came from a conversation Amos was having with a longtime friend about female genital mutilation in Africa, specifically how a close female family member would betray the victim by performing the procedure. Amos has said that growing up, the name they gave to girls who would hurt you despite close friendship was cornflake girls.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

30. Together Again - Janet Jackson

Janet_Jackson_Together_Again.png

from the album The Velvet Rope

(December 2, 1997)

Together Again" is a song by American singer Janet Jackson. It was released as the second single from her sixth album The Velvet Rope. Originally written as a ballad, the track was rearranged as an uptempo dance song. Jackson was inspired to write the song by her own private discovery of losing a friend to AIDS, as well as by a piece of fan mail she received from a young boy in England who had lost his father.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

29. Freedom! '90 - George Michael

Gmfreedom.jpg

from the album Listen Without Prejudice Vol. 1

(October 30, 1990)

"Freedom! '90" (also known simply as "Freedom!") is a song written, produced, and performed by George Michael. The "'90" added to the end of the title is to prevent confusion with a hit by Michael's former band Wham!, also titled "Freedom". It was the third single taken from Listen Without Prejudice Vol. 1, though released as the second single from the album in the US and Australia.

The song refers to Michael's past success with Wham!, yet also shows a new side of himself as a new man, who is more cynical about the music business than he had been before. Michael refused to appear in the video and allowed a group of supermodels to appear instead.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

this whole list is perfection -

m4qRs2B.gif

"Deeper and Deeper" is a song by American singer Madonna. It was released as the album's second single from her fifth studio album Erotica. It is a disco, dance-pop and deep house song, and features instrumentation from acoustic guitars and castanet beats on its bridge. Lyrically, the song talks about sexual desire, though it has been argued that it's actually about a young man coming to terms with his homosexuality.

I had no idea about this, lemme stan the song even more now :jonny5:

Thank You by Alanis is truly a masterpiece, that song made me wanna explore her discography! :jonny5:

Stardust :jonny2: that means Dua's other inspiration Moloko will be here with Sing It Back :-* 

9 hours ago, JGibson said:

60-45: You Oughta Know + Torn + Mysterious Ways + Waterfalls + Walking on Broken Glass + I Want It That Way + Gangsta's Paradise + Black Velvet + My Favorite Mistake :party:

44-29: Lovefool + Everlong + Thank U + Fly Away + Together Again + Freedom! 90 :heart2:

Bops after bops after bops :jonny5:

2 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Alright here are some more predicitons (without reading the new update... will comment on the list afterwods) but I think the songs that still might chart are Hole - Violet, Alice in Chains - Sludge Factory, Tori Amos - Winter, Cyndi Lauper - Fall Into Your Dreams, Madonna - Frozen, TLC - Silly Ho, Janet Jackson - Got Til Its Gone, Garbage - The Trick Is To Keep Breathing, Sade - No Ordinary Love, HIM - Join Me In Death, The Verve - Bitter Sweet Symphony, White Town - Going Nowhere Somehow Your Woman

Hope I guessed at least one right

m4qRs2B.gif

The fact that most of them aren't on the list oops

m4qRs2B.gif

The album title and the date doesn't add up sis :mandown:

but taste :clap3:

MESS i thought i was already changed it. Let me edit real quick!

m4qRs2B.gif

MY FAVORITE MISTAKE, RASPBERRY SWIRL AND VENUS AS A BOY!!!! INSTANT COLLAPSE :jonny5: :jonny5: :jonny5: :jonny5: :jonny5:

Annie :clap3: Gangsta Paradise is the best rap song of all time :clap3: Erotica era getting love :clap3: Mysterious Ways by U2 :jonny2:

this whole list is perfection -

m4qRs2B.gif

I had no idea about this, lemme stan the song even more now :jonny5:

Thank You by Alanis is truly a masterpiece, that song made me wanna explore her discography! :jonny5:

Stardust :jonny2: that means Dua's other inspiration Moloko will be here with Sing It Back :-* 

YASS you better stan these classics :jonny5:

Yeah i think the Deeper and Deeper lyrics were speculated like that but whether is true or not, it was the gay bops that we all are deserves!

Thank U and Uninvited are the classics but i forgot to put the letter on the list :jonny5:

(spoiler alert!) They will be here, but we soon will find out which song is going to be on the list :mandown:

The next updat will be posted in the next few hours before the deadline!

Thank you guys :heart2:

AD9GkvB.png

meZaPo3.png

28. Dreams - The Cranberries

Dreams_by_The_Cranberries_1994_UK_European_CD_rerelease.jpg

from the album Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We?

(September 29, 1992)

"Dreams" is the debut single by Irish rock band the Cranberries. It was released in 1992 and later appeared on the debut album Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We?.

At the end of the song, the backing vocals are sung by Mike Mahoney, ex-boyfriend of Cranberries lead singer Dolores O'Riordan.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

27. Killing In The Name - Rage Against the Machine

Killinginthename.jpg

from the album Rage Against the Machine

(November 2, 1992)

"Killing in the Name" (often incorrectly called "Killing in the Name Of") is a protest song by American rock band Rage Against the Machine, featured on their self-titled debut album, and was released as the lead single from the album. Written about revolution against racism and authority abuse of power, "Killing in the Name" is widely recognized as the band's signature song,

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

26. Fantasy - Mariah Carey

Fantasy_Mariah_Carey.png

from the album Daydream

(September 12, 1995)

""Fantasy" is a song recorded by American singer and songwriter Mariah Carey. It was released as the lead single from her fifth studio album Daydream. The song's lyrics describe a woman who is in love with a man, and how every time she sees him she starts fantasizing about an impossible relationship with him.

The remix for the song features rap verses from Ol' Dirty Bastard, something Carey arranged to assist in her crossover into the hip-hop market.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

25. Under The Bridge - Red Hot Chili Peppers

UndertheBridge.jpg

from the album Blood Sugar Sex Magik

(March 10, 1992)

"Under the Bridge" is a song by American rock band Red Hot Chili Peppers. It was released as its second single for the group's fifth studio album, Blood Sugar Sex Magik.

Vocalist Anthony Kiedis wrote the lyrics to express feelings of loneliness and despondency, and to reflect on narcotics and their impact on his life. Kiedis initially did not feel that Under the Bridge would fit into the Chili Peppers' repertoire, and was reluctant to show it to his bandmates until producer Rick Rubin implored him to do so.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

AD9GkvB.png

ziwure3.png

24. Ode to My Family - The Cranberries

OdeToMyFamilycover.jpg

from the album No Need to Argue

(November 21,1994)

"Ode to My Family" is a song recorded by the Irish band The Cranberries. It was released as the second single from their second studio album No Need to Argue. The song is about Dolores' yearning for her simple life as a child after having achieved success.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

23. Ironic - Alanis Morissette

Ironic_canadian_american_cover_art_alanis_morissette.jpg

from the album Jagged Little Pill

(February 27, 1996)

"Ironic" is a song by Canadian-American singer Alanis Morissette. It was released as the third single from her third studio album, Jagged Little Pill. The lyrics present several situations that are described as "ironic"; this has led to debate as to whether any of these actually match the accepted meaning of irony. However, some have argued that it does match what is known as situational irony.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

22. Criminal - Fiona Apple

CriminalCover.jpg

from the album Tidal

(September 16, 1997)

"Criminal" is a song by American recording artist Fiona Apple, released as the third single from her debut studio album, Tidal. Apple has stated that the song is about "feeling bad for getting something so easily by using your sexuality"

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

21. Don't Speak - No Doubt

Don't_Speak.jpg

from the album Tragic Kingdom

(April 15, 1996)

"Don't Speak" is a song by American rock band No Doubt. It was released as the third single from their third studio album Tragic Kingdom.

Lead singer Gwen Stefani and her brother Eric Stefani, former No Doubt member, wrote the song originally as a love song. The song went through several rewrites and new versions. Gwen modified it into a breakup song about her bandmate and ex-boyfriend Tony Kanal, shortly after he ended their seven-year relationship.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

AD9GkvB.png

Sw9lWXr.png

20. Ray Of Light - Madonna

Ray_of_Light,_Madonna_single.png

from the album Ray of Light

(May 6, 1998)

"Ray of Light" is a song by American singer Madonna. was released as the album's second single from her seventh studio album Ray of Light. The song consists of a main synth sound oscillating on the primary musical note, and an electric guitar riff. Lyrically, the song has a theme of freedom.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

19. Karma Police - Radiohead

KarmaPolice.jpg

from the album OK Computer

(August 25, 1997)

"Karma Police" is a song by the English alternative rock band Radiohead, released as the second single from their third studio album OK Computer. The title lyric originates from an inside joke; the members of Radiohead would threaten to call the "karma police" if someone did something bad.

Thom Yorke explained that the song was about stress and "having people looking at you in that certain [malicious] way". He said: "It's for someone who has to work for a large company. This is a song against bosses. **** the middle management!"

giphy.webp

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

18. Kiss of Life - Sade

Sade_-_Kiss_of_Life.png

from the album Love Deluxe

(April 26, 1993)

"Kiss of Life" is a song by English band Sade. The song was released as the album's third single from their fourth studio album, Love Deluxe. It reached number 44 on the UK Singles Chart and number 78 on the US Billboard Hot 100, while becoming Sade's seventh top-10 single on Billboard's Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, peaking at number 10.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

17. Ojos Así - Shakira

Shakira_-_Ojos_As%C3%AD.jpg

from the album ¿Dónde Están los Ladrones?

(July 23, 1999)

"Ojos Así" is a song by Colombian singer-songwriter Shakira. It was released as the fifth single from her fourth studio album ¿Dónde Están los Ladrones?. Musically, "Ojos Así" incorporates elements of middle eastern and world music.

An English-language translation titled "Eyes Like Yours" was included on Shakira's fifth studio album and first English-language record Laundry Service

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

AD9GkvB.png

AtfFHri.png

16. Confide In Me - Kylie Minogue

Kylie_Minogue_-_Confide_in_Me.png

from the album Kylie Minogue

(August 29, 1994)

"Confide in Me" is a song recorded by Australian singer Kylie Minogue. It was released as the album's lead single for er fifth, self-titled studio album. It is a pop song that incorporates elements of indie music, trip hop, and Middle Eastern instrumentation such as strings and percussion, whilst the lyrical content talks about Minogue's earnest of seduction and manipulating people to confide into her.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

15. Enter Sandman - Metallica

Metallica_-_Enter_Sandman_cover.jpg

from the album Metallica

(July 29, 1991)

"Enter Sandman" is a song by American heavy metal band Metallica. It is the opening track and lead single from their self-titled fifth album. Vocalist and rhythm guitarist James Hetfield wrote the lyrics, which deal with the concept of a child's nightmares. 

giphy.webp

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

14. The Rhythm of The Night - Corona

220px-Corona_-_Rhythm_of_the_Night_single.png

from the album The Rhythm of the Night

(November 5, 1993)

"The Rhythm of the Night" is the debut single by Italian Eurodance group Corona. It was released in 1993 in Italy, then elsewhere the following year. The song is the title track of their 1995 debut studio album The Rhythm of the Night.

The vocals for this song were performed by Italian singer Giovanna Bersola, who is not credited on the single and does not appear in the music video. The woman who appears in the video is Brazilian-born singer Olga Souza.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

13. No Scrubs - TLC

220px-Tlc-noscubs2.jpg

from the album FanMail

(February 2, 1999)

"No Scrubs" is a song recorded by American girl group TLC as the lead single from their third studio album FanMail. The song lyrics describe the role of a man in a relationship. Rozonda "Chilli" Thomas sings the sole lead vocals for the first time on a TLC song.

"No Scrubs" received divisive attention following its release; several radio stations aired answer songs as a response, while the word "scrub" became prominently used worldwide.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

Gangsta's Paradise, I Have Nothing, Lovefool, Thank U, Fly Away, Together Again, Freedom! 90, Under the Bridge, Ray of Light, Rhythm of the Night :clap3: Waterfalls is my favorite song from my birthyear yup!! :heart: I Want It That Way, You Oughta Know, Fantasy, Don't Speak, No Scrubs :date: Say You'll Be There another Spice Girls classic! :sats: I assume there's no way Wannabe isn't coming up, maybe/hopefully even 2 Become 1? Torn, It's All Coming Back to Me Now & Ironic :worship:

Kiss of Life yessss :jonny5: 

that TLC album FanMail is so amazing, I think it's the best album that came from 1999

taste as usual, I am excited to see the finale :jonny2:

so many The Cranberries songs, as deserved :clap3:

2 hours ago, Remmy said:

Gangsta's Paradise, I Have Nothing, Lovefool, Thank U, Fly Away, Together Again, Freedom! 90, Under the Bridge, Ray of Light, Rhythm of the Night :clap3: Waterfalls is my favorite song from my birthyear yup!! :heart: I Want It That Way, You Oughta Know, Fantasy, Don't Speak, No Scrubs :date: Say You'll Be There another Spice Girls classic! :sats: I assume there's no way Wannabe isn't coming up, maybe/hopefully even 2 Become 1? Torn, It's All Coming Back to Me Now & Ironic :worship:

YESS You better stan these classics :jonny5:

I didn't really like Waterfalls at first, but Left Eye's rap really elevated the song even harder than i thought it would be :WAP:

Honestly i forgot to put Wannabe on the list :skull: I thought that i already did it nnn but it is still a classic 90s Girl Group song regardless :clap3:

1 hour ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Kiss of Life yessss :jonny5: 

that TLC album FanMail is so amazing, I think it's the best album that came from 1999

taste as usual, I am excited to see the finale :jonny2:

so many The Cranberries songs, as deserved :clap3:

YES! To me FanMail is their "pop" album compare to their previous album but it still managed to sound like classic TLC. They did that huh :jonny5:

I didn't even noticed that i put so much Cranberries songs until now nnn maybe i'm just missing Dolares these days. Rest in peace Queen :heart2:

AD9GkvB.png

GOsAFEe.png

12. Sing It Back - Moloko

Moloko_singitback.jpg

from the album I Am Not a Doctor

(March 15, 1999)

"Sing It Back" is a song written and performed by Moloko (Róisín Murphy and Mark Brydon). It first appeared in its original version on Moloko's second album, I Am Not a Doctor. It was released as a single, reaching No. 45 on the UK Singles Chart. The song experienced chart success after it was remixed by DJ Boris Dlugosch, peaking at No. 4 in the UK in September 1999.

Together with their record company, they had commissioned mixes by Todd Terry (who had turned Everything But the Girl's "Missing" into an international club anthem). Moloko were not satisfied with the Terry mix and had to convince their label Echo Records to put out the Boris D. version instead.

Murphy had started writing the lyrics while clubbing in New York City and knew the song was at heart a dance track, but the group wanted to record it in a different artistic fashion for its album version.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

11. All Is Full of Love - Björk

All_is_full_of_love.jpg

from the album Homogenic

(June 7, 1999)

"All Is Full of Love" is a song by Icelandic musician Björk from her third studio album Homogenic (1997). The lyrics were inspired by love in spring and Ragnarök of Norse mythology. Björk's original version is a trip hop ballad with soul influences, harp, strings, and electronic beats but the version on Homogenic is a minimalist remix by Howie B, emphasising Björk's vocals.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

10. Zombie - The Cranberries

The_Cranberries_-_Zombie.jpg

from the album No Need to Argue

(September 19, 1994)

"Zombie" is a protest song by Irish alternative rock band The Cranberries, written in memory of two young victims of a bombing, Johnathan Ball and Tim Parry that occurred during the Troubles (also known internationally as the Northern Ireland conflict). It was released in September 1994 as the lead single from their second studio album, No Need to Argue, two weeks ahead of the album's release.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

AD9GkvB.png

JJbQM1K.png

Champagne Supernova - Oasis

Champagne_Supernova_sleeve_cover.jpg

from the album (What's the Story) Morning Glory?

(May 13, 1996)

"Champagne Supernova" is a song by English rock band Oasis. It was released as a single in non UK countries from the band's second album (What's the Story) Morning Glory?. The song was released in the U.S. as a radio single to great success, becoming the band's second No. 1 single on the Modern Rock Tracks chart. It also peaked at No. 20 on the Billboard Hot 100 Airplay, becoming the band's third top 40 single on that chart.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

AD9GkvB.png

gxEX8Om.png

Drowned World/Substitute for Love - Madonna

Madonna,_Drowned_World_1998_cover.png

from the album Ray of Light

(August 24, 1998)

"Drowned World/Substitute for Love" is a song recorded by American singer Madonna. "Drowned World/Substitute for Love" was released as the album's third single worldwide, (except in the United States) for her seventh studio album, Ray of Light. It is an ambient pop song which lyrically describes Madonna's spiritual transformation to seek authentic love over superficial alliances.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

AD9GkvB.png

ME9Z3yY.png

Scar Tissue - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Scartissue.jpg

from the album Californication

(May 25, 1999)

"Scar Tissue" is the first single from the American rock band Red Hot Chili Peppers' seventh studio album Californication. "Scar Tissue" is considered to be representative of the new, more melodic rock sound the band experimented with on the album. The song is notable for its mellow intro guitar riff and for its slide guitar solos throughout.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

AD9GkvB.png

OsJV39q.png

Honey - Mariah Carey

Honey_Mariah_Carey_Single.png

from the album Butterfly

(August 26, 1997)

"Honey" is a song by American singer and songwriter Mariah Carey. It was released as the lead single from her sixth studio album Butterfly. The song samples "Hey DJ" by the World's Famous Supreme Team, and "The Body Rock" by the Treacherous Three.

"Honey" was a re-defining song in Carey's career, pushing her further into the hip hop music space. On a more personal note, "Honey" served as Carey's first single after her separation from estranged husband, Tommy Mottola, who also lead her current record label, Columbia.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

Moloko :clap3: not you also reminding me of Everything But The Girl :jonny5: Wrong is the best 90s deep house song :flame: alongside God Is A DJ or Insomnia by Faithless :mandown:

Also did you see the song Only Love Can Break Your Heart for which I tagged you in the 90s thread? :jonny6:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.