Mr. Blue_Shirt 2020 & 90s DECADE | FINISHED!

Mr. Blue_Shirt

Your top 2 albums are a slay. WYP at #1 :clap3:

Top 2 singles great too Physical is a great choice :clap3:

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Blue_Shirt

• Bloodflowers.

• Legend E

• JGibson

Closing Time + They Don't Care About Us + Sunday Morning + You're Still The One + Adia + Groove Is In The Heart + Black Or White :party:

• ATRL Moderator

omg so much to comment :skull: 

YASSS thank god for mods to extended the date so i can do this list ahjakfsd

Geri and those butchered spanish has me dying ngl but the song is super bop i-

I haven't watched it the red shoes but the fact that i only knew about it minutes before i posted this dd

Ms. Amos discography is honestly really good. The fact that i discovered her music just few years because of those youtube recommendation. Praise gay god for that :jonny5:

happy they extended the date for this reason. maybe i should try a list like this next year :gaycat3:

dsvdvd; not the butchered Spanish

mess about the red shoes :skull: 

I tried to get into Tori's discography so much yet I find it so boring besides Little Earthquakes which is extraordinary, lyrics-wise too :alexz: 

---

I think I know that Sonique song, I need to relisten

Why :weeps: 

Genie in a Bottle :katie2: 

It's Not Right but It's Okay was a nice change sonically for Whitney!

I thought Millennium is the title of a Robbie Williams album :skull: 

I Love You Always Forever yass I recommend checking out her Now in a Minute album, it's flawless

Wish I Could Fly :weeps: I love it so much!

Free Your Mind :katie2: 

Jesus to a Child :clap3: my mom is a big george fan, i know this one always destroys her

Put Yourself in My Place, probably her most experimental song pre-Impossible Princess along with Confide In Me

Fastlove is a big bop :katie2:

not huge on They Don't Care About Us

Black or White though :alexz: 

Nothing Compares 2 U iconic, sinead is quite underrated as an artist in general

groove is in the heart, the epitome of post-80s :thing:

adia omg i cried so much to this this week :weeps: 

beautiful stranger is such a bop, i hope to see more madge!

you're still the one cheesy but iconic

sunday morning :clap3:

ICONIC ICONIC LIST

AD9GkvB.png

i84m8z5.png

120. Mi Chico Latino - Geri Halliwell

119. The Red Shoes - Kate Bush

118. Bliss - Tori Amos

117. From This Moment On - Shania Twain

116. Turn Back Time - Aqua

115. Sweet Like Chocolate Shanks & Bigfoot

114. When You Say Nothing at All - Ronan Keating

113. Spending My Time - Roxette

112. Make It Happen - Mariah Carey

111. Ridiculous Thoughts - The Cranberries

110. Ciega, Sordomuda - Shakira

109. Baby Did a Bad Bad Thing - Chris Isaak

108. Someday - Sugar Ray

107. It Feels So Good - Sonique

106. Why - Annie Lennox

105. Stop - Spice Girls

104. Slide - Goo Goo Dolls

103. Tearin' Up My Heart - NSYNC

102. Genie in a Bottle - Christina Aguilera

101. Walking After You - Foo Fighters

100. It's Not Right but It's Okay - Whitney Houston

99. Millennium - Robbie Williams

98. I Love You Always Forever - Donna Lewis

97. The World I Know - Collective Soul

96. Wish I Could Fly - Roxette

95. Free Your Mind - En Vogue

94. Jesus to a Child - George Michael

93. Bills, Bills, Bills - Destiny's Child

92. To The Moon And Back - Savage Garden

91. Put Yourself In My Place - Kylie Minogue

90. Fastlove - George Michael

89. They Don't Care About Us - Michael Jackson

88. Closing Time - Semisonic

87. Kiss From a Rose - Seal

86. Black Or White - Michael Jackson

85. Nothing Compares 2 U - Sinead O'Connor

84. Groove Is In The Heart - Deee Lite

83. Adia - Sarah McLachlan

82. Beautiful Stranger - Madonna

81. Tears in Heaven - Eric Clapton

80. You're Still the One - Shania Twain

79. Sunday Morning - No Doubt

78. My Favourite Game - The Cardigans

77. New York City Boy - Pet Shop Boys

17 hours ago, Insanity said:

Oh wow oh wow 90s classics. Hope to see Ace of Base

Yeah... about that :smiley:

i honestly forgot about them few days after i finished the list. Maybe i'mm do the 2nd part to this year ddd

17 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

I know every song on this new list! Classic after classic after classic! :jonny5:

Beautiful Stranger being there after all previous songs is... a choice tho :-*

as for Roxette, they really reinvented themselves with that sound :jonny6:

17 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Tears In Heaven is such a beautiful song inspired by a horrible tragedy. Too bad the artist behind the song is a right-wing lunatic :'(

Trust.. this is not the end of The Queen herself :foxaylove2: I think she has the most entries in this list ddd 

I know. TIH is so iconic and one of the most memorable song ever. But thank god for the term "legacy act", huh? dd

16 hours ago, Insanity said:

Your top 2 albums are a slay. WYP at #1 :clap3:

Top 2 singles great too Physical is a great choice :clap3:

Thanks bb

The girls finally having #1 hits in 2020 nnn

16 hours ago, JGibson said:

Closing Time + They Don't Care About Us + Sunday Morning + You're Still The One + Adia + Groove Is In The Heart + Black Or White :party:

TASTE :jonny5: We have no choice but to stan!

13 hours ago, Legend E said:

omg so much to comment :skull: 

happy they extended the date for this reason. maybe i should try a list like this next year :gaycat3:

dsvdvd; not the butchered Spanish

mess about the red shoes :skull: 

I tried to get into Tori's discography so much yet I find it so boring besides Little Earthquakes which is extraordinary, lyrics-wise too :alexz: 

---

I think I know that Sonique song, I need to relisten

Why :weeps: 

Genie in a Bottle :katie2: 

It's Not Right but It's Okay was a nice change sonically for Whitney!

I thought Millennium is the title of a Robbie Williams album :skull: 

I Love You Always Forever yass I recommend checking out her Now in a Minute album, it's flawless

Wish I Could Fly :weeps: I love it so much!

Free Your Mind :katie2: 

Jesus to a Child :clap3: my mom is a big george fan, i know this one always destroys her

Put Yourself in My Place, probably her most experimental song pre-Impossible Princess along with Confide In Me

Fastlove is a big bop :katie2:

not huge on They Don't Care About Us

Black or White though :alexz: 

Nothing Compares 2 U iconic, sinead is quite underrated as an artist in general

groove is in the heart, the epitome of post-80s :thing:

adia omg i cried so much to this this week :weeps: 

beautiful stranger is such a bop, i hope to see more madge!

you're still the one cheesy but iconic

sunday morning :clap3:

ICONIC ICONIC LIST

Thanks bestie and yes you should make that list this year. Even in your throwback list it's already a sneak peek out of it :clap3: I'm ready to discover some long lost treasures 

My Parents also big GM fan too even though they have a problem for him being gay. When the conservatives like you even if you're gay then that's talent honestly :dies:

KM 1994 album has a lot of hidden gems there. The fact that 90s Kylie is really underrated cause that's when she knows she's a popstar taking risk and changing her sound and image that sounds really fresh for her at the time :jonny5:

AD9GkvB.png

brHaNYs.png

76. I Belong to You - Lenny Kravitz

Lenny_I_Belong_To_You.jpg

from the album 5

(September 23, 1998)

"I Belong to You" is a song by American rock musician Lenny Kravitz. It was released as the album's third single from his fifth studio album 5. The song features a soft rock and reggae-inspired sound.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

75. 1979 - The Smashing Pumpkins

SmashingPumpkins-1979.jpg

from the album Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

(January 23, 1996)

"1979" is a song by American alternative rock band the Smashing Pumpkins. It was released as the second single from their third studio album, Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. The song was written as a nostalgic coming of age story by Billy Corgan, the lead singer of the band. In the year 1979, Corgan was 12 and this is what he considered his transition into adolescence.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

74. Cosmic Girl - Jamiroquai

CosmicGirlUK.jpg

from the album Travelling Without Moving

(November 11, 1996)

"Cosmic Girl" is the second single from British funk/acid jazz band Jamiroquai's third studio album, Travelling Without Moving. This is a disco song, based on rhythmic "looped beats" "to give it an off-center, otherworldly" sound. A disco-era aura is achieved by incorporating early electronic synthesizers along with disco-style string parts also produced by synthesizers.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

73. Just A Girl - No Doubt

No_Doubt_%22Just_a_Girl%22.png

from the album Tragic Kingdom

(September 21, 1995)

"Just a Girl" is a song by American band No Doubt. It was released as the lead single for their third studio album, Tragic Kingdom. The song was the first song Gwen Stefani wrote without the assistance of her brother Eric Stefani.

Lyrically, "Just a Girl" is a new wave song written about Stefani's perspective of life as a woman and her struggles with having strict parents.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

AD9GkvB.png

rw33WS4.png

72. Streets of Philadelphia - Bruce Springsteen

Streets_of_Philadelphia.jpg

from the album Philadelphia Official Soundtrack

(February 2, 1994)

"Streets of Philadelphia" is a song written and performed by American rock musician Bruce Springsteen for the film Philadelphia. The song received critical acclaim and went on to win the Academy Award for Best Original Song and four Grammy Awards: Song of the Year, Best Rock Song, Best Rock Vocal Performance, Solo, and Best Song Written Specifically for a Motion Picture or Television.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

71. My All - Mariah Carey

My_All_and_Breakdown_by_Mariah_Carey_US_artwork.png

from the album Butterfly

(April 21, 1998)

"My All" is a song by American singer-songwriter Mariah Carey. It was released as the fifth single for her sixth studio album, Butterfly. "My All" is built around Latin guitar chord melodies, and makes subtle use of Latin percussion throughout the first chorus, before taking on a more conventional R&B-style beat.

She was inspired to write the song and use Latin inspired melodies after her trip to Puerto Rico, where she was influenced by the culture. The song's lyrics tell of a lonely woman declaring she would give "her all" to have just one more night with her estranged lover. It is the first song Carey wrote for the Butterfly album

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

70. Who Do You Think You Are - Spice Girls

Mama-WDYTYA.jpg

from the album Spice

(March 3, 1997)

"Who Do You Think You Are" is a song performed by British pop group Spice Girls. The song is heavily influenced by early 1990s dance-pop, and has a nu-disco-style beat that resembles the music of the late 1970s. Its lyrics are about the superstar life, and how someone can get trapped in the world of fame.

Released with "Mama" as a double A-side single in March 1997, it became the group's fourth consecutive number-one single in the United Kingdom, making them the first act in UK chart history to have its first four singles reach number one.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

69. Finally - CeCe Peniston

Finally_CeCe_Peniston_US_cover_art.jpg

from the album Finally

(September 23, 1991)

"Finally" is the 1991 debut single by American musician CeCe Peniston from her debut album, Finally. When asked about the song in a 2012 interview, Peniston said:

It was actually a poem that I had turned into a song, and it was the very first song that I had written. I was doing backup for someone else, and they asked if I had something else and I was like yeah, something I’ve written, and I didn’t know if they’d like it. You know, you don’t really understand your gifts at that point, so when he said I have a hit, I was just like okay. At the time I didn’t understand what it means to have a number one song, I really had no idea. They said you have a hit on your hands and you’re going to have to go to Europe. All of a sudden I was traveling the world, one show turned into two, that little girl from Arizona was going everywhere! You know, I had been here and there, a couple of trips, but nothing at all like this. It was overwhelming.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

AD9GkvB.png

CWB0id3.png

68. Don't Go Away - Oasis

Dontgoawaysinglejpn.jpg

from the album Be Here Now

(May 13, 1998)

"Don't Go Away" is a song by English rock band Oasis from their third album, Be Here Now. In a 1997 interview promoting Be Here Now. Noel Gallagher had to say about the song: "It's a very sad song about not wanting to lose someone you're close to. The middle eight I made up on the spot -- I never had that lyric until the day we recorded it: 'Me and you, what's going on?/ All we seem to know is how to show/ The feelings that are wrong.' It's after a row. Quite bleak."

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

67. Justify My Love - Madonna

Madonna,_Justify_My_Love_single_cover.png

from the album The Immaculate Collection

(November 6, 1990)

"Justify My Love" is a song by American singer Madonna. It was as the lead single for her first greatest hits compilation album The Immaculate Collection. The song was written by Lenny Kravitz and Ingrid Chavez, with additional lyrics by Madonna. Chavez was not credited on the song, which led to a lawsuit against Kravitz. Chavez settled out-of-court, the terms of which included a songwriting credit.

Madonna's vocals are primarily spoken and whispered, but almost never sung, a style that she later employed on her following studio album Erotica. "Justify My Love" is a trip hop song, with mid-tempo settings and instrumentation. The lyrics of the song are primarily about sex and romance.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

66. Sleeping Satellite - Tasmin Archer

Sleepingsateillite.jpg

from the album Great Expectations

(September 1, 1992)

"Sleeping Satellite" is the debut single by British singer-songwriter Tasmin Archer, released as the first single from the album, Great Expectations. Although "Sleeping Satellite" was first released in 1992, Archer and her co-writers, John Beck and John Hughes, actually wrote and composed the song in the late 1980s. It was only when Archer got a record deal that the song saw the light of day. The lyrics of the song reference the Apollo Missions of the 1960s, characterised as "man's greatest adventure"; the sleeping satellite of the title being the Moon.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

65. ...Baby One More Time - Britney Spears

...Baby_One_More_Time_Single.png

from the album ...Baby One More Time

(October 23, 1998)

"...Baby One More Time" is the debut single by American singer Britney Spears from her debut studio album of the same title. This is a pop song that refers to a girl's feelings after a breakup with her boyfriend. The song was originally written for American boy band, Backstreet Boys and the R&B group TLC; however, when the song was submitted to them, they rejected it. The label thought the song would work for the English group Five, but they also passed on it.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

AD9GkvB.png

cyy6kV6.png

64. Better Off Alone - Alice Deejay

Image-Alice_Deejay_Better_Off_Alone.jpg

from the album Who Needs Guitars Anyway?

(July 19, 1999)

"Better Off Alone" is a song by Alice Deejay. In 1998, the song was released as an instrumental then later releases of the track included vocals by Judith Pronk, who would later become a seminal part of the Alice Deejay project.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

63. Animal Instinct - The Cranberries

Cran_Animal_Instinct.jpg

from the album Bury the Hatchet

(July 5, 1999)

"Animal Instinct" is an alternative rock song by Irish band The Cranberries. It is the second single from the band's fourth album, Bury the Hatchet. He song is about dealing with motherhood.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

62. Kiss Me - Sixpence None The Richer

KissMe.jpg

from the album Sixpence None the Richer

(August 12, 1998)

"Kiss Me" is a ballad song recorded by American pop rock band Sixpence None the Richer from their 1997 self-titled album. The song was a worldwide success. It reached No. 4 on the UK and New Zealand singles charts as well as No. 1 on the Australian and Canadian singles chart. The song also reached at No. 2 in the United States,  making it the group's highest-charting single worldwide.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

61. Iris - Goo Goo Dolls

GGD_Iris.jpg

from the album Dizzy Up the Girl

(April 1, 1998)

"Iris" is a song by American alternative rock band Goo Goo Dolls. Originally written for the soundtrack of the 1998 film City of Angels, the song was later included on the band's sixth album, Dizzy Up the Girl.

In a 2013 interview with Songfacts, lead singer Rzeznik explained how he wrote the song: "I was thinking about the situation of the Nicolas Cage character in the movie. This guy is completely willing to give up his own immortality, just to be able to feel something very human. And I think, 'Wow! What an amazing thing it must be like to love someone so much that you give up everything to be with them.' That's a pretty heavy thought."

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

Lenny that whole album "5" is a masterpiece :jonny: 1979 :jonny: Cosmic Girl :jonny: I'm Just a Girl :jonny:

STREETS OF PHILADELPHIA ALREADy OUT?!?!?!?!?! GIRL WHATT!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Sleeping Satellites and Animal Instict, ughhh what timeless masterpiece classics :jonny5:

Iris + Kiss Me + Better Off Alone + ...Baby One More Time + Justify My Love + Finally + Don't Go Away + Just A Girl + 1979 :party:

Stop AHHH :alexz: Probably in my top 100 songs of all time. I assume Spice Girls gotta have at least 3 more singles remaining. Iris, a classic!!! :worship: Well actually there's plenty of classics in these recent sets. Black or White is my favorite MJ song :clap3: Tearin' Up My Heart, Genie In the Bottle, You're Still the One, Sunday Morning, Who Do You Think You Are, Baby One More Time, Kiss Me :smitten::smitten::smitten: Someday, I Love You Always Forever, Bills Bills Bills, Closing Time, Kiss from a Rose, Just a Girl and Finally :eddie:

Hmmm.... since Jesus to a Child and Streets of Philadelphia didn't go Top 10, I wonder if 7 Seconds featuring Mabel's mom Neneh Cherry made it there or you will also DuaLipa_BreakMyHeart.mp3

• ATRL Moderator

Thanks bestie and yes you should make that list this year. Even in your throwback list it's already a sneak peek out of it :clap3: I'm ready to discover some long lost treasures 

My Parents also big GM fan too even though they have a problem for him being gay. When the conservatives like you even if you're gay then that's talent honestly :dies:

KM 1994 album has a lot of hidden gems there. The fact that 90s Kylie is really underrated cause that's when she knows she's a popstar taking risk and changing her sound and image that sounds really fresh for her at the time :jonny5:

too busy now, will try next year :gaycat3: well, i'm not someone who knows so many long lost treasures :'( 

my mom doesn't necessarily have a problem with it but gosh the rest of the family trashed her so much for stanning him :'( bunch of idiots x

actually i'm not that huge on KM94. IP >

---

Just a Girl is such a phenomenal song :katie2: 

glad streets of philadelphia is out x

my all v cute though butterfly has many better tracks

finally is a bop, i think gaga used it in one of the monster ball interludes which is how i discovered it :skull: 

i was never into justify my love :skull: 

sleeping satellite is so magical!

animal instinct :clap3: 

iris iconic 

9 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Lenny that whole album "5" is a masterpiece :jonny: 1979 :jonny: Cosmic Girl :jonny: I'm Just a Girl :jonny:

9 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

STREETS OF PHILADELPHIA ALREADy OUT?!?!?!?!?! GIRL WHATT!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Sleeping Satellites and Animal Instict, ughhh what timeless masterpiece classics :jonny5:

4 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Hmmm.... since Jesus to a Child and Streets of Philadelphia didn't go Top 10, I wonder if 7 Seconds featuring Mabel's mom Neneh Cherry made it there or you will also DuaLipa_BreakMyHeart.mp3

You better stan Lenny's best album :clap3: Streets of Philadelphia is a masterpiece but i haven't click on it recently nn what a mess, huh?

Neneh Cherry OUT :mandown: 

But seriously though i have several songs from her on the first draft but it got punch out by the other songs dd. Second time a charm this year?! :celestial5:

7 hours ago, JGibson said:

Iris + Kiss Me + Better Off Alone + ...Baby One More Time + Justify My Love + Finally + Don't Go Away + Just A Girl + 1979 :party:

Only the 90s classic :jonny5:

6 hours ago, Remmy said:

Stop AHHH :alexz: Probably in my top 100 songs of all time. I assume Spice Girls gotta have at least 3 more singles remaining. Iris, a classic!!! :worship: Well actually there's plenty of classics in these recent sets. Black or White is my favorite MJ song :clap3: Tearin' Up My Heart, Genie In the Bottle, You're Still the One, Sunday Morning, Who Do You Think You Are, Baby One More Time, Kiss Me :smitten::smitten::smitten: Someday, I Love You Always Forever, Bills Bills Bills, Closing Time, Kiss from a Rose, Just a Girl and Finally :eddie:

Stop is the most underrated Spice Girls single :jonny5: The way Mel C delivered those final ad-libs. Iconic

Yes those classics after classics after classics :jonny5: My nostlagia really kicked in at the time whew

1 hour ago, Legend E said:

too busy now, will try next year :gaycat3: well, i'm not someone who knows so many long lost treasures :'( 

my mom doesn't necessarily have a problem with it but gosh the rest of the family trashed her so much for stanning him :'( bunch of idiots x

actually i'm not that huge on KM94. IP >

---

Just a Girl is such a phenomenal song :katie2: 

glad streets of philadelphia is out x

my all v cute though butterfly has many better tracks

finally is a bop, i think gaga used it in one of the monster ball interludes which is how i discovered it :skull: 

i was never into justify my love :skull: 

sleeping satellite is so magical!

animal instinct :clap3: 

iris iconic 

nnn my parents always mention him being gay and how weird for them to listen to his music but they still did anyway :toofunny3: What a mess 

Oh yes IP is still her magnum opus until this. Catch the MF tea on that!

I discovered Finally through Rupaul's Drag Race and i thought it was a song from the 80s :skull: Kinda realized that some of early 90s tracks still heavily sounds like classic 80s bop. Truly the transition era :clap3:

"i was never into justify my love" That's definitely an unpopular opinion :clap3:but that era was such a moment and making those conservatives clutching their pearls. The original WAP did that ddd 

AD9GkvB.png

7lbNLPH.png

60. Mysterious Ways - U2

U2_Mysterious_Ways.jpg

from the album Achtung Baby

(December 2, 1991)

"Mysterious Ways" is a song by Irish rock band U2. It was released as the second single from their album Achtung Baby. The song began as an improvisation called "Sick Puppy", but the band liking only the bass part out of it. The band struggled to build a song from it. The song's breakthrough came after guitarist the Edge began experimenting.

"Mysterious Ways" features a danceable beat, funky guitar hook, and conga-laden percussion, as well as mystical lyrics by Bono about romance and women.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

59. Waterfalls - TLC

Waterfalls_by_TLC_US_CD_maxi-single.jpg

from the album CrazySexyCool

(May 29, 1995)

"Waterfalls" is a song by American hip hop group TLC. The song was released as the third single from their second album, CrazySexyCool. "Waterfalls" is an R&B song written by TLC band member Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes. The lyrics of the song refer to 1990s issues such as the HIV/AIDS epidemic and violence associated with the illegal drug trade. T-Boz said that it was important for the group to "get the message across without seeming like preaching".

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

58. Disappear - INXS

Disappear_INXS.jpg

from the album X

(December 8, 1990)

"Disappear" is a song by Australian rock band INXS, the second single taken from their album X. The song was written by Jon Farriss and Michael Hutchence while they were living together in Hong Kong in 1989.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

57. Walking on Broken Glass - Annie Lennox

Walking_on_Broken_Glass.jpg

from the album Diva

(August 22, 1992)

"Walking on Broken Glass" is a song written and performed by Scottish singer Annie Lennox. It was released as the third single from her debut soloalbum Diva. The song reached number one in Canada, number eight in the United Kingdom and Ireland and number 14 in the United States.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

AD9GkvB.png

v80QTnL.png

56. Stand by Me - Oasis

Stand_By_Me_(Oasis).jpg

from the album Be Here Now

(September 22, 1997)

"Stand by Me" is a song by the English rock band Oasis, written by lead guitarist, Noel Gallagher. It was released as the second single from the band's third studio album Be Here Now. In a 1997 interview promoting Be Here Now, Noel Gallagher had to say about the song: "It starts, 'Made a meal and threw it up on Sunday'. When I first moved to London me mam kept on ringing up and asking was I eating properly. Yes, Mam. So I tried to cook a Sunday roast and puked up for two days with food poisoning. It was back to Pot Noodles after that."

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

55. I Want It That Way - Backstreet Boys

Iwantitthatwaycd.jpg

from the album Millennium

(April 12, 1999)

"I Want It That Way" is a song by American boy band the Backstreet Boys. It was released as the lead single from their third studio album, Millennium. The pop ballad talks about a relationship strained by matters of emotional or physical distance. Originally, "Larger Than Life" was intended to be the lead single, following the similar formula of their first two albums, having an upbeat lead single. However, after hearing the final version of "I Want It That Way", the group wanted to move in a more mature direction, by utilizing a mid-tempo track as the lead single.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

54. Gangsta's Paradise (feat. L.V.) - Coolio

Gangsta's_paradise.jpg

from the album Gangsta's Paradise

(August 8, 1995)

"Gangsta's Paradise" is a song by American rapper Coolio, featuring singer L.V. The song was released on Coolio's album of the same name, as well as the soundtrack for the 1995 film Dangerous Minds. It samples the chorus and instrumentation of Stevie Wonder's 1976 song "Pastime Paradise".

Due to the sampling of Stevie Wonder's music, "Gangsta's Paradise" is one of the few Coolio tracks that does not contain any profanity, as Wonder himself would not allow it. Coolio said, "I had a few vulgarities...and he wasn't with that. So I changed it. Once he heard it, he thought it was incredible."

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

53. Say You'll Be There - Spice Girls

from the album Spice

(October 14, 1996)

"Say You'll Be There" is a song by English girl group the Spice Girls. Originally considered by the record label to be the group's debut single, it was released as the second single from their debut studio album, Spice. The song's lyrics describe the things the group went through together and how they were always there for each other.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

AD9GkvB.png

ErTldxX.png

52. Venus as a Boy - Björk

Bj%C3%B6rkVenusAsABoy.png

from the album Debut

(August 23, 1993)

"Venus as a Boy" is a song by Icelandic musician Björk. It was released as the second single from her album Debut. The song was written by Björk and was produced by Nellee Hooper, who produced the majority of her debut album. The song's meaning, Björk said it's about a boy who saw everything from a "beauty point of view, and not superficial beauty but the beauty of brushing your teeth and the beauty of waking up in the morning in the right beat and the beauty of having a conversation with a person."

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

51. Black Velvet - Alannah Myles

Alannah_Myles_Black_Velvet_Cover.jpg

from the album Alannah Myles

(January 15, 1990)

"Black Velvet" is a song recorded by Canadian singer-songwriter Alannah Myles. It was released as the second single from her debut self-titled album.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

50. Raspberry Swirl - Tori Amos

Raspberry_Swirl_by_Tori_Amos_international_artwork.jpg

from the album From the Choirgirl Hotel

(August 24, 1998)

"Raspberry Swirl" is a song written and performed by Tori Amos. It was released as the second single from her album From the Choirgirl Hotel in Germany and Australia, and as the third and final single in North America and the UK. "Raspberry Swirl" is about Amos' past relationship with a female friend and was written in response to the men in her relationships.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

49. I Have Nothing - Whitney Houston

Whitney_Houston_I_Have_Nothing.jpg

from the album The Bodyguard: Original Soundtrack Album

(February 20, 1993)

"I Have Nothing" is a song recorded by American singer Whitney Houston, released as the third single from The Bodyguard: Original Soundtrack Album. The song was written by David Foster and Linda Thompson, and produced by Foster.

Houston established another historic milestone in Billboard chart history with the two previous singles off the soundtrack and this song, becoming the first artist to have three songs inside the top 11 of the Hot 100 chart in the same week since the chart began using Broadcast Data System and SoundScan data in 1991.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

AD9GkvB.png

TaCMgKj.png

48. Rain - Madonna

Madonna_Rain_cover.png

from the album Erotica

(August 5, 1993)

"Rain" is a song by American singer Madonna. The song was released as the fifth single internationally and the fourth single in North America for her fifth studio album Erotica. "Rain" features a more "friendly" composition than the other singles released from the album. Lyrically the song likens rain to the empowering effect of love, and as with water's ability to clean and wash away pain.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

49. You Oughta Know - Alanis Morissette

You_Oughta_Know_single.jpg

from the album Jagged Little Pill

(July 7, 1995)

"You Oughta Know" is a song by Canadian singer Alanis Morissette, released as the lead single from her third studio album, Jagged Little Pill. The song was the first released track that saw Morissette's departure from bubblegum pop to the alternative rock sound she was later known for. Morissette stated that she wrote the song from her "subconscious": "I wasn't aware of what was coming out of me. I'd go into the booth when the ink wasn't even dry and sing. I'd listen the next day and not really remember it."

She has never publicly identified a person as the ex-boyfriend portrayed in the song. In 2008, she said: "Well, I've never talked about who my songs were about and I won't, because when I write them they're written for the sake of personal expression. So with all due respect to whoever may see themselves in my songs, and it happens all the time, I never really comment on it because I write these songs for myself, not other people."

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

46. My Favorite Mistake - Sheryl Crow

Sheryl_Crow_-_My_Favorite_Mistake.jpg

from the album The Globe Sessions

(September 15, 1998)

"My Favorite Mistake" is the first single from Sheryl Crow's third album The Globe Sessions. The song was written about a relationship with a man who proves to be unfaithful and is widely believed to have been written about Eric Clapton. Crow, however, has refused to say who the song was about, telling Billboard Magazine on the release of her album, "Oh, there will be just so much speculation, and because of that there's great safety and protection in the fact that people will be guessing so many different people and I'm the only person who will ever really know. I'm really private about who I've had relationships with, and I don't talk about them in the press. I don't even really talk about them with the people around me."

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

45. Torn - Natalie Imbruglia

Torn_(Natalie_Imbruglia_single)_coverart.jpg

from the album Left of the Middle

(October 27, 1997)

"Torn" is a song was first recorded that year in Danish (renamed "Brændt", Danish for "Burned") by singer Lis Sørensen in 1993. Then two years later by Cutler and Preven's American alternative rock band Ednaswap, and in 1996 by American-Norwegian singer Trine Rein.

In 1997, Australian singer Natalie Imbruglia covered the song and released it as the lead single for her debut studio album Left of the Middle and became a worldwide hit.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

• ATRL Moderator

nnn my parents always mention him being gay and how weird for them to listen to his music but they still did anyway :toofunny3: What a mess 

Oh yes IP is still her magnum opus until this. Catch the MF tea on that!

I discovered Finally through Rupaul's Drag Race and i thought it was a song from the 80s :skull: Kinda realized that some of early 90s tracks still heavily sounds like classic 80s bop. Truly the transition era :clap3:

"i was never into justify my love" That's definitely an unpopular opinion :clap3:but that era was such a moment and making those conservatives clutching their pearls. The original WAP did that ddd 

i never understood, even for the homophobes, why they wouldn't listen to someone's music just because they're gay :skull: 

Disco is her magnum opus :eli: 

oh mess, I'm not into drag race :skull: 

i'd say erotica was the original WAP, it's way riskier and better :eli: 

---

Waterfalls :clap3: I had no idea it was about HIV and drug trades :eek: 

Walking on Legendaric Glass :clap3: 

I Want It That Way is awful xoxo

i don't like the spice girls tbh :skull: 

venus as a boy is godly :clap3: 

who is alannah :gaycat3: 

i have nothing :clap3:

rain iconic song

torn is okay-ish? 

you oughta know :clap3: 

AD9GkvB.png

i84m8z5.png

Spoiler

120. Mi Chico Latino - Geri Halliwell

119. The Red Shoes - Kate Bush

118. Bliss - Tori Amos

117. From This Moment On - Shania Twain

116. Turn Back Time - Aqua

115. Sweet Like Chocolate Shanks & Bigfoot

114. When You Say Nothing at All - Ronan Keating

113. Spending My Time - Roxette

112. Make It Happen - Mariah Carey

111. Ridiculous Thoughts - The Cranberries

110. Ciega, Sordomuda - Shakira

109. Baby Did a Bad Bad Thing - Chris Isaak

108. Someday - Sugar Ray

107. It Feels So Good - Sonique

106. Why - Annie Lennox

105. Stop - Spice Girls

104. Slide - Goo Goo Dolls

103. Tearin' Up My Heart - NSYNC

102. Genie in a Bottle - Christina Aguilera

101. Walking After You - Foo Fighters

100. It's Not Right but It's Okay - Whitney Houston

99. Millennium - Robbie Williams

98. I Love You Always Forever - Donna Lewis

97. The World I Know - Collective Soul

96. Wish I Could Fly - Roxette

95. Free Your Mind - En Vogue

94. Jesus to a Child - George Michael

93. Bills, Bills, Bills - Destiny's Child

92. To The Moon And Back - Savage Garden

91. Put Yourself In My Place - Kylie Minogue

90. Fastlove - George Michael

89. They Don't Care About Us - Michael Jackson

88. Closing Time - Semisonic

87. Kiss From a Rose - Seal

86. Black Or White - Michael Jackson

85. Nothing Compares 2 U - Sinead O'Connor

84. Groove Is In The Heart - Deee Lite

83. Adia - Sarah McLachlan

82. Beautiful Stranger - Madonna

81. Tears in Heaven - Eric Clapton

80. You're Still the One - Shania Twain

79. Sunday Morning - No Doubt

78. My Favourite Game - The Cardigans

77. New York City Boy - Pet Shop Boys

60. Mysterious Ways - U2

59. Waterfalls - TLC

58. Disappear - INXS

57. Walking on Broken Glass - Annie Lennox

56. Stand by Me - Oasis

55. I Want It That Way - Backstreet Boys

54. Gangsta's Paradise (feat. L.V.) - Coolio

53. Say You'll Be There - Spice Girls

52. Venus as a Boy - Björk

51. Black Velvet - Alannah Myles

50. Raspberry Swirl - Tori Amos

49. I Have Nothing - Whitney Houston

48. Rain - Madonna

47. You Oughta Know - Alanis Morissette

46. My Favorite Mistake - Sheryl Crow

45. Torn - Natalie Imbruglia

4 hours ago, Legend E said:

i never understood, even for the homophobes, why they wouldn't listen to someone's music just because they're gay :skull: 

Disco is her magnum opus :eli: 

oh mess, I'm not into drag race :skull: 

i'd say erotica was the original WAP, it's way riskier and better :eli: 

---

Waterfalls :clap3: I had no idea it was about HIV and drug trades :eek: 

Walking on Legendaric Glass :clap3: 

I Want It That Way is awful xoxo

i don't like the spice girls tbh :skull: 

venus as a boy is godly :clap3: 

who is alannah :gaycat3: 

i have nothing :clap3:

rain iconic song

torn is okay-ish? 

you oughta know :clap3: 

Because it is too uncomfortable for them because they know that the song is talking about the intrerest of the artist to the same sex especially if the artist singing about love songs. It's kinda pathetic because in my whole my favorite artists are mostly cis straight people talking about the love of their opposite sex and i'm okay with it :skull:

"i'd say erotica was the original WAP, it's way riskier and better :eli:" umm that's tea actually :clap3:

I ctaully i didn't know Waterfalls is about that topic too until few years ago even though the MV is pretty telling but i didn't really pay attention to it ahjfkak

I Want It That Way is iconic in cheesy way ddd. it is one the peak of early 90s Boyband :clap3:

Alannah Myles is one-hit wonder back in ealry 90s. Black Velvet is actually one of my mom's favorite song :jonny5:

First time i listened to Torn when i was in middle school and i was shocked that it was released in the 90s because i though that it sounds so current at the time :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.