Mr. Blue_Shirt 2020 & 90s DECADE | FINISHED!

Mr. Blue_Shirt

2 minutes ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

AD9GkvB.png

f1kPlP6.png

120. Mi Chico Latino - Geri Halliwell

Michicolatino-ukcd1.jpg

from the album Schizophonic

(August 16, 1999)

"Mi Chico Latino" is a song recorded by british singer and former Spice Girls member at the time, Geri Halliwell. The song was released as the album's second single for her debut solo album Schizophonic. It is a Latin pop song which is centred on a lost love theme.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

119. The Red Shoes - Kate Bush

Kate_Bush_-_The_Red_Shoes_(song).jpg

from the album The Red Shoes

(April 5, 1994)

"The Red Shoes" is a song written Kate Bush. It was the third single from the album "The Red Shoes". The song is about a girl who puts on a pair of enchanted ballet slippers and can't stop dancing until she breaks the spell. It is inspired by a character in the Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger film The Red Shoes.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

118. Bliss - Tori Amos

Tamos-bliss.jpg

from the album To Venus and Back

(August 24, 1999)

"Bliss" is a song by American singer-songwriter Tori Amos. It is the lead single from Amos' fifth studio album, To Venus and Back. About the song meaning, Tori explained:

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

117. From This Moment On - Shania Twain

From_This_Moment_On_(Shania_Twain_song).jpg

from the album Come On Over

(March 14, 1998)

"From This Moment On" is a song by Canadian country singer Shania Twain. It was released as the fourth single from her third studio album, Come On Over. The song was released as a duet featuring country singer Bryan White for the original album version but later it was released as a solo for single release and the International version of the album.

This song was written during a soccer game in Italy. "We were in Italy at a soccer game. My husband loves sports. I don't know the game that well, so my mind drifted and I started writing." Twain explained.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Blue_Shirt

• Bloodflowers.

• Legend E

• JGibson

1 hour ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

117. From This Moment On - Shania Twain

YES MAAM YES MAAM YES MAAM

112. Make It Happen - Mariah Carey

Only her second-best gospel song

starting the list RIGHT :jonny5:

I am already more invested into this list because your 90s taste is so similar with mine :jonny5:

wish the damn page doesn't load for ages jesus

114. When You Say Nothing at All - Ronan Keating

RonanKeatingWYSNaA.jpg

from the album Ronan

(July 26, 1999)

"When You Say Nothing at All" was released as the debut solo single by Irish singer-songwriter Ronan Keating. The song was recorded in 1999 for the soundtrack to the film Notting Hill and also appeared on Keating's debut solo album, Ronan.

haven't heard this one, so I am currenly checking it out! thanks :jamming:

• ATRL Moderator

OMG MY GAY ASS IS SO EXCITED FOR THIS LIST :WAP: :WAP: :WAP: :WAP: :WAP: :WAP: :WAP: :WAP: :WAP: :WAP: :WAP: :WAP: :WAP: :WAP: :WAP: :WAP: :WAP: :WAP: :WAP: :WAP: 

mi chico latino is so cheesy but such a bop too :skull: 

i have watched the red shoes film thanks to kate and it's beautiful (ofc if you can handle the effects of the time and stuff) :weeps: the song is great too!

i am not a huge tori fan post little earthquakes ( :skull:) but bliss is THAT song!

from this moment on classic

idk the next three songs (i think i know the ronan keating one, the title looks familiar but i'm too lazy to check it out :thing:)

spending my time, make it happen classiques

i need to check out that the cranberries song, i don't think i know it

ciega sordomuda is soooo good, people really forgot what a good artist shakira once was :'( 

FLAWLESS LIST KEEP IT GOING KING

Baby Did A Bad Bad Thing + From This Moment On :clap3: 

I'm a '90s baby but I feel like I only know the big, BIG hits from the last half of that decade :mandown: So I can't say I recognize much so far. From This Moment On :heart: Damn I haven't heard this in a long time, I need to download her Greatest Hits album or something

10 hours ago, GreatestLoveofAll said:

YES MAAM YES MAAM YES MAAM

10 hours ago, GreatestLoveofAll said:

Only her second-best gospel song

Both Mariah & Shania really delivered on that one. Those were a classics, those were a classic

10 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

starting the list RIGHT :jonny5:

I am already more invested into this list because your 90s taste is so similar with mine :jonny5:

wish the damn page doesn't load for ages jesus

Maybe because of the gifs nnn, i should try to compressed it in the next update

I used to hear that Ronan song all the time. The song is so cheesy as hell but i love it ddd

4 hours ago, Legend E said:

OMG MY GAY ASS IS SO EXCITED FOR THIS LIST :WAP: :WAP: :WAP: :WAP: :WAP: :WAP: :WAP: :WAP: :WAP: :WAP: :WAP: :WAP: :WAP: :WAP: :WAP: :WAP: :WAP: :WAP: :WAP: :WAP: 

mi chico latino is so cheesy but such a bop too :skull: 

i have watched the red shoes film thanks to kate and it's beautiful (ofc if you can handle the effects of the time and stuff) :weeps: the song is great too!

i am not a huge tori fan post little earthquakes ( :skull:) but bliss is THAT song!

from this moment on classic

idk the next three songs (i think i know the ronan keating one, the title looks familiar but i'm too lazy to check it out :thing:)

spending my time, make it happen classiques

i need to check out that the cranberries song, i don't think i know it

ciega sordomuda is soooo good, people really forgot what a good artist shakira once was :'( 

FLAWLESS LIST KEEP IT GOING KING

YASSS thank god for mods to extended the date so i can do this list ahjakfsd

Geri and those butchered spanish has me dying ngl but the song is super bop i-

I haven't watched it the red shoes but the fact that i only knew about it minutes before i posted this dd

Ms. Amos discography is honestly really good. The fact that i discovered her music just few years because of those youtube recommendation. Praise gay god for that :jonny5:

2 hours ago, JGibson said:

Baby Did A Bad Bad Thing + From This Moment On :clap3: 

tenor.gif?itemid=13799544

2 hours ago, Remmy said:

I'm a '90s baby but I feel like I only know the big, BIG hits from the last half of that decade :mandown: So I can't say I recognize much so far. From This Moment On :heart: Damn I haven't heard this in a long time, I need to download her Greatest Hits album or something

Shania's dicograpy is such a classic. The fact she became so successful as a crossover country artist at the time whew

Truly the original Taylor Swift :jonny5:

AD9GkvB.png

aNqvV4l.png

108. Someday - Sugar Ray

Sugar_Ray_someday_single.jpg

from the album 14:59

(June 15, 1999)

"Someday" is a song by the American rock band Sugar Ray. It was as a single from their third album 14:59. The song reached number seven on both the US Billboard Hot 100 and the Billboard Hot Modern Rock Tracks chart.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

107. It Feels So Good - Sonique

Sonique_It_Feels_So_Good_CD2_UK.jpg

from the album Hear My Cry

(December 1, 1998)

"It Feels So Good" is a song by British singer Sonique. It was released on December 1, 1998 but then it was re-released in May 2000. About the meaning of the song, Sonique said, "It's about this guy whom I really liked years ago, but who didn't return my feelings. For he was very successful and I wasn't — at that time. And he thought that I was in love with his success. This song is just a way of declaring that it was him I liked."

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

106. Why - Annie Lennox

Single_Why_cover.jpg

from the album Diva

(March 28, 1992)

"Why" is the first solo single by the Scottish singer Annie Lennox, released in 1992. It was taken from her debut solo album Diva. The song was a big hit internationally, reaching No. 1 in Italy and peaking within the Top 10 in Belgium, Canada, Ireland and five other countries. The song also reached No. 5 in the United Kingdom while in the United States peaked at No. 34 on the Billboard Hot 100 and No. 6 on the Adult Contemporary chart.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

105. Stop - Spice Girls

Spice_Girls_-_Stop.png

from the album Spiceworld

(March 9, 1998)

"Stop" is a song by English girl group the Spice Girls from their second studio album, Spiceworld. The group co-wrote the song with its producers, Paul Wilson and Andy Watkins of the Absolute production duo, during the filming of the film Spice World. The concept of "Stop" was mainly penned by Geri Halliwell. She came up with the first lines of the song and recorded them into a dictaphone

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

Edited by Mr. Blue_Shirt

AD9GkvB.png

fU6thBb.png

104. Slide - Goo Goo Dolls

Goo_goo_dolls_slide.png

from the album Dizzy Up the Girl

(September 17, 1998)

"Slide" is a song recorded by American alternative rock group Goo Goo Dolls. It was released as the second single from their sixth studio album, Dizzy Up the Girl. John Rzeznik, the lead singer of Goo Goo Dolls explained In a 2002 performance on VH1 Storytellers that the song refers to a teenage girl in a strict Catholic environment who has become pregnant. She and her boyfriend are debating as to the possibility of abortion or marriage, which is presented in the song as the verse "do you want to get married or run away".

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

103. Tearin' Up My Heart - NSYNC

Tearinupmyheart.jpg

from the album 'N Sync

(February 10, 1997)

"Tearin' Up My Heart" is a song by American boy band NSYNC, released as the second single from their self-titled debut album. The song was originally pitched to the Backstreet Boys but was eventually given to NSYNC to record.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

102. Genie in a Bottle - Christina Aguilera

Genie_in_a_Bottle.png

from the album Christina Aguilera

(June 22, 1999)

"Genie in a Bottle" is a song recorded by American singer Christina Aguilera. The song was released as the lead single from her self-titled debut album. It is a teen pop and dance-pop song which incorporates elements from R&B. Lyrically, "Genie in a Bottle" uses sexual references to talk about the theme of self-respect.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

101. Walking After You - Foo Fighters

Foo_fighters_walking_after_you.png

from the album The Colour and the Shape

(August 17, 1998)

"Walking After You" is a song by the Foo Fighters and appears on the band's 1997 album The Colour and the Shape. In 1998 a re-recorded version appeared on The X-Files: The Album, the soundtrack to the original X-Files movie, and was released as a single.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

Edited by Mr. Blue_Shirt

AD9GkvB.png

A6ZQ451.png

100. It's Not Right but It's Okay - Whitney Houston

Whitney_Houston_%E2%80%93_It's_Not_Right_but_It's_Okay.jpg

from the album My Love Is Your Love

(January 25, 1999)

"It's Not Right but It's Okay" is the third single by American singer Whitney Houston from her fourth studio album, My Love Is Your Love. The song examines a woman confronting her lover about his infidelity. The original Rodney Jerkins production was released, but mainstream radio airplay and sales were given for the Thunderpuss Remix.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

99. Millennium - Robbie Williams

Robbie_Williams_Millennium_cover.png

from the album I've Been Expecting You

(September 7, 1998)

"Millennium" is a song recorded by English singer Robbie Williams. It was released as the first single for his second studio album I've Been Expecting You. The song also received extensive airplay in the United States and Canada, where it was the lead single from Williams' 1999 compilation album, The Ego Has Landed.

The song borrows heavily from the musical arrangement of John Barry's "You Only Live Twice", the title track of the 1967 James Bond film, said to be one of Williams' favourite James Bond movies. However, it is a re-recording in a slightly different key instead of a direct sample.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

98. I Love You Always Forever - Donna Lewis

Donna-Lewis-I-Love-You-Always-77530.jpg

from the album Now in a Minute

(May 14, 1996)

"I Love You Always Forever" is a song by British/Welsh singer Donna Lewis. it was released as the lead single for her debut album, Now in a Minute. The song is about the singer declares her endless love for her significant other.

The song was originally titled "Lydia", but was later changed because there was no mention of anyone with that name in the song. The chorus  "I love you always forever, near and far closer together", is a quote taken directly from the novel Love for Lydia by H. E. Bates.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

97. The World I Know - Collective Soul

TheworldIknowCS.jpg

from the album Collective Soul

(November 14, 1995)

"The World I Know" is a song by American band Collective Soul, originally released on their 1995 eponymous album. The lead singer Ed Roland explained the inspiration behind "The World I Know":

I wrote that when we had a day off in New York City. This was 25 years ago, when we were in Times Square, which is not what Times Square is now, which is like Disneyland. There was still some grit and dirt to New York City - especially around Times Square and Union Square back then. I literally walked out of the room, took a two-hour walk around New York, and just absorbed and observed from the highs and lows of what society was offering in the greatest city in the world.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

Edited by Mr. Blue_Shirt

AD9GkvB.png

z2dVZ0S.png

96. Wish I Could Fly - Roxette

Roxette_Wish_I_Could_Fly.jpg

from the album Have a Nice Day

(February 1, 1999)

"Wish I Could Fly" is a song by Swedish pop music duo Roxette. The song was released as the lead single from their sixth studio album, Have a Nice Day. The song is an orchestral pop ballad which contains elements of electronica and was written as an experiment by Per Gessle, who was attempting to establish if a prominently-placed drum loop would fit alongside a large orchestra.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

95. Free Your Mind - En Vogue

Free_Your_Mind.jpg

from the album Funky Divas

(September 24, 1992)

"Free Your Mind" is a song by American female group En Vogue. The song was released as the third single from their album Funky Divas. The opening line: "Prejudice, wrote a song about it. Like to hear it? Here it go!", is adapted from a line originally used by David Alan Grier's character Calhoun Tubbs from Fox's In Living Color.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

94. Jesus to a Child - George Michael

Jesus_to_a_Child_(George_Michael_single_-_cover_art).jpg

from the album Older

(January 8, 1996)

"Jesus to a Child" is a song by British singer George Michael. It was released as the lead single from his album Older. Although it was not officially released until January 1996, Michael unveiled the song in November 1994 during the inaugural MTV Europe Music Awards, where he performed it live in front of Berlin's Brandenburg Gate.

The song was a melancholy tribute to Michael's Brazilian lover Anselmo Feleppa, whom he met when performing in Rio de Janeiro in 1991. Feleppa died two years later from an AIDS-related brain haemorrhage.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

93. Bills, Bills, Bills - Destiny's Child

Destiny's_Child_%E2%80%93_Bills,_Bills,_Bills_(single).jpg

from the album The Writing's on the Wall

(June 14, 1999)

"Bills, Bills, Bills" is a song by American girl group Destiny's Child. The song was released as the lead single for their second studio album The Writing's on the Wall. The song was nominated for two Grammy Awards for Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals and Best R&B Song at the 42nd awards ceremony.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

Edited by Mr. Blue_Shirt

Bills, Bills, Bills + Someday + Free Your Mind + The World I Know + Genie In A Bottle + Walking After You + Tearin' Up My Heart + Slide :party:

mess at Jesus to a Child being so low :deadbanana2: it's George's best song :jonny5:

Donna Lewis :jonny5: if "I Love You Always Forever" made it to the list, that means "Nothing Ever Changes" definitely made it higher, right... right? :-* 

Whitney and Sonique :jonny5:

Annie!!!!!! that whole DIVA album is a masterpiece :flame:  Money Can't Buy It >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

currenly listening to the songs you listed that I haven't heard yet, you can check out my Last.fm so see which one those are right now :-* 

waitttttttttttttt

Wish I Could Fly trip me out :jonny5:

thank you thank you thank you for another hidden jam I just explored :WAP:

7 hours ago, JGibson said:

Bills, Bills, Bills + Someday + Free Your Mind + The World I Know + Genie In A Bottle + Walking After You + Tearin' Up My Heart + Slide :party:

Hits after hits after hits :jonny5: We love to see that!

7 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

mess at Jesus to a Child being so low :deadbanana2: it's George's best song :jonny5:

Donna Lewis :jonny5: if "I Love You Always Forever" made it to the list, that means "Nothing Ever Changes" definitely made it higher, right... right? :-* 

Whitney and Sonique :jonny5:

Annie!!!!!! that whole DIVA album is a masterpiece :flame:  Money Can't Buy It >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

currenly listening to the songs you listed that I haven't heard yet, you can check out my Last.fm so see which one those are right now :-* 

7 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

waitttttttttttttt

Wish I Could Fly trip me out :jonny5:

thank you thank you thank you for another hidden jam I just explored :WAP:

Honestly Jesus to a Child is too sad for me cause it was too real nn

Wish I Could Fly is their best single in the 90s. The fact that it was actually the fist song that i heard from them and i thought they were some new band at the time i-

if "I Love You Always Forever" made it to the list, that means "Nothing Ever Changes" definitely made it higher, right... right? :-* 

tumblr_mut9rgPVLo1qh96tgo2_250.gif

let me check you Lastfm real quick ddd:gaycatney5:

AD9GkvB.png

F56DZoL.png

92. To the Moon and Back - Savage Garden

Savage_Garden_TTMAB.jpg

from the album Savage Garden

(November 18, 1996)

"To the Moon and Back" is a song by Australian pop duo Savage Garden. It was released as the second single from their self-titled 1997 album.

After "Truly Madly Deeply" became an even bigger hit than their debut " I Want You", the band decided to mix a shorter edit of "To the Moon and Back" and re-release it internationally in 1998.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

91. Put Yourself in My Place - Kylie Minogue

Kylie_Minogue_-_Put_Yourself_in_My_Place.png

from the album Kylie Minogue

(November 14, 1994)

"Put Yourself in My Place" is a song recorded by Australian singer Kylie Minogue. It was released as the second single from her fifth and eponymous studio album. This is a ballad that discusses themes of ending a relationship and moving on. The song's sound incorporates musical elements of trip hop and pop music. "Put Yourself in My Place" was written, arranged, and produced by American musician and songwriter Jimmy Harry.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

90. Fastlove - George Michael

FastloveImYourMan96.jpg

from the album Older

(April 22, 1996)

"Fastlove" is a song by George Michael. It was released as second single taken from Michael's third studio album Older. "Fastlove" is an energetic tune about the need for gratification and fulfillment without concern for commitment.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

89. They Don't Care About Us - Michael Jackson

Mjtdcau.jpg

from the album HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I

(April 16, 1996)

"They Don't Care About Us" is the fifth single from Michael Jackson's album HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I. It is a protest song and one of the most controversial song he ever composed due to surrounding allegations of antisemitic lyrics. He later apologized and re-releasing the song with a new vocal featuring altered lyrics.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

AD9GkvB.png

iGRLpr5.png

88. Closing Time - Semisonic

Closing_Time_single.jpg

from the album Feeling Strangely Fine

(March 10, 1998)

"Closing Time" is song by American rock band Semisonic. It was released as the lead single from their second studio album, Feeling Strangely Fine. While the song is about people leaving a bar at closing time, it also about Dan Wilson, the lead vocalist of the group in anticipation of fatherhood when his girlfriend was pregnant at the time.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

87. Kiss From a Rose - Seal

Seal_-_Kiss_From_A_Rose_(single).jpg

from the album Seal II

(July 18, 1994)

"Kiss from a Rose" is a song from Seal's second eponymous album. The song was first released as a single and included in the film The NeverEnding Story III in 1994. It was re-released a year later in 1995 as part of the Batman Forever film soundtrack.

In 2015, Seal said of the song: "To be honest, I was never really that proud of it, though I like what Trevor did with the recording. He turned that tape from my corner into another 8 million record sales and my name became a household name."

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

86. Black or White - Michael Jackson

Michael_Jackson_-_Black_or_White.png

from the album Dangerous

(November 11, 1991)

"Black or White" is a single by American singer-songwriter Michael Jackson. The song was released as the first single from his eighth studio album, Dangerous. Epic Records described the song as "a rock 'n' roll dance song about racial harmony".

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

86. Nothing Compares 2 U - Sinéad O'Connor

Nothingcompares2u.jpg

from the album I Do Not Want What I Haven't Got

(January 8, 1990)

"Nothing Compares 2 U" is a song written and composed by Prince for his side project, The Family; the song featured on their eponymous 1985 debut album. In 1990 a cover version by Sinéad O'Connor, released as the second single from her second studio album, I Do Not Want What I Haven't Got, became a worldwide hit. The song's lyrics explore feelings of longing from the point of view of an abandoned lover.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

AD9GkvB.png

Ja7PGBG.png

84. Groove Is in The Heart - Deee-Lite

Deee-Lite_%E2%80%93_Groove_Is_In_The_Heart_single_cover.png

from the album World Clique

(August 6, 1990)

"Groove Is in the Heart" is a song by American dance band Deee-Lite. The song was released as the lead single from their debut album, World Clique. Though the album version was not recorded until 1990, the song was originally written in the late 1980s; it was performed live as early as 1989.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

83. Adia - Sarah McLachlan

Adia.jpg

from the album Surfacing

(July 7, 1998)

"Adia" is a song by Canadian singer Sarah McLachlan. It was released as third single for her album Surfacing. On VH1 Storytellers, McLachlan said about the song, "I'm not quite sure how to explain this one but, uh, I guess more than anything it's about my problems in dealing with feeling responsible for everyone else."

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

82. Beautiful Stranger - Madonna

Madonna,_Beautiful_Stranger_cover.png

from the album Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me

(May 19, 1999)

"Beautiful Stranger" is a song recorded by American singer and songwriter Madonna. It was released as a single from the soundtrack of the film, Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me. The song is a psychedelic pop and disco song that features heavily reverberated guitars and bouncy drum loops. Its lyrics tell the tale of a romantic infatuation.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

81. Tears in Heaven - Eric Clapton

Tears_in_Heaven_Vinyl_Cover.jpg

from the album Rush: Music from the Motion Picture Soundtrack

(January 8, 1992)

"Tears in Heaven" is a song by Eric Clapton. The song appeared on the 1991 Rush film soundtrack and in January 1992, Clapton performed the song in front of an audience at Bray Studios, Berkshire, England for MTV Unplugged, with the recording appearing on his Unplugged album.

On 20 March 1991, Clapton's 4-year-old son Conor died after falling from the 53rd-floor window of a New York City apartment belonging to Conor's mother's friend. He dealt with the grief of his son's death by cowriting "Tears in Heaven" with Will Jennings. In an interview in 1992, Clapton said of the song, "It was in the back of my head but it didn’t really have a reason for being until I was scoring this movie ... then it sort of had a reason to be. And it is a little ambiguous because it could be taken to be about Conor but it also is meant to be part of the film."

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

AD9GkvB.png

8b07DgF.png

80. You're Still the One - Shania Twain

You're_Still_the_One.png

from the album Come On Over

(January 27, 1998)

"You're Still the One" is a song co-written and recorded by Canadian singer Shania Twain. It was released as the third single from her third studio album Come On Over. It was Twain's first single to be released to pop radio.

The song is about addressing criticism of her and-then husband Robert John "Mutt" Lange relationship claims that the age difference was extreme, and that Twain was solely using him to further her career and the critics did not expect their relationship to last.

After her divorced in 2010, Twain has stated that she cherishes the song in souvenir of her mother and of her stepfather and truly believes that they were meant to be together and that, in spite of all the trials they have been through, her parents shared a very pure and true love.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

79. Sunday Morning - No Doubt

Nodoubtsundaymorning.jpg

from the album Tragic Kingdom

(May 27, 1997)

"Sunday Morning" is a song by American band No Doubt. It was released as the record's fifth single for their third studio album, Tragic Kingdom. Its lyrics describe a romantic relationship that ended in a breakup and was inspired by a discussion that Gwen Stefani had with Tony Kanal.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

78. My Favourite Game - The Cardigans

My_Favourite_Game_CD_1.jpg

from the album Gran Turismo

(October 5, 1998)

"My Favourite Game" is an alternative rock song written by The Cardigans. It was released as the lead single for their album Gran Turismo. Lyrically, its about a failing relationship and the attempt made to better the significant other or save people from themselves.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

77. New York City Boy - Pet Shop Boys

NewYorkCityBoy.jpg

from the album Nightlife

(September 27, 1999)

"New York City Boy" is a song by English synth-pop duo Pet Shop Boys, released as the second single from their seventh studio album, Nightlife. The single peaked at number 14 on the UK Singles Chart. It also reached the charts in numerous European countries and peaked at number 3 in Spain. In the US, the song hit number 1 on the Hot Dance Club Play chart and number 53 on the Hot Singles Sales chart.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

Oh wow oh wow 90s classics. Hope to see Ace of Base

8 hours ago, JGibson said:

:clap3:

I know every song on this new list! Classic after classic after classic! :jonny5:

Beautiful Stranger being there after all previous songs is... a choice tho :-*

as for Roxette, they really reinvented themselves with that sound :jonny6:

Tears In Heaven is such a beautiful song inspired by a horrible tragedy. Too bad the artist behind the song is a right-wing lunatic :'(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.