Mr. Blue_Shirt 2020 & 90s DECADE | FINISHED!

Mr. Blue_Shirt

• ATRL Moderator

girl omg the collapse :WAP: 

i feel you have better janet choices than 'if' :thing: 

lovefool is a cute bop :-*

breathe is SO good, probably my fave song on IP

i haven't heard everlong in ages :deadbanana4:

where the wild roses grow :clap3:

it's all coming back to me now is cute but so overrated. where does my heart beat now>

deeper and deeper bop

i love alanis but i hate thank u so much :deadbanana2: 

cornflake girl :clap3: 

together again, a better janet choice! :clap3: 

freedom 90 :clap3: the wham freedom is awful though :toofunny3: 

dreams is probably the best the cranberries song :clap3:

fantasy bop!

under the bridge>scar tissue :eli: 

ode to my family also great!

ironic :clap3: 

criminal masterpiece

don't speak :'( 

ray of light is great but the other 4 singles on ROL>

hate radiohead

i feel you also had better sade choices :thing: 

ojos asi cute

confide in me :WAP: 

the rhythm of the night by miss rona is cute, i had no idea the lady in the video is not her :skull: 

no scrubs cute

sing it back :katie2: 

all is full of love :WAP: 

dreams>zombie

drowned world is my fave madonna song ever, i feel sorry for those who don't appreciate this godly song xx

honey :katie2: 

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Blue_Shirt

• Bloodflowers.

• Legend E

• JGibson

2 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Also did you see the song Only Love Can Break Your Heart for which I tagged you in the 90s thread? :jonny6:

2 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Moloko :clap3: not you also reminding me of Everything But The Girl :jonny5: Wrong is the best 90s deep house song :flame: alongside God Is A DJ or Insomnia by Faithless :mandown:

See now you mention Faithless and my dumbass forgot to include them at least on song in the list :skull: Maybe i should do the part 2 of the 90s list. So many classics that are left out :celestial5:

Yes i got the notification. Thanks sis for reminding me about it :jonny5:

1 hour ago, Legend E said:

girl omg the collapse :WAP: 

i feel you have better janet choices than 'if' :thing: 

lovefool is a cute bop :-*

breathe is SO good, probably my fave song on IP

i haven't heard everlong in ages :deadbanana4:

where the wild roses grow :clap3:

it's all coming back to me now is cute but so overrated. where does my heart beat now>

deeper and deeper bop

i love alanis but i hate thank u so much :deadbanana2: 

cornflake girl :clap3: 

together again, a better janet choice! :clap3: 

freedom 90 :clap3: the wham freedom is awful though :toofunny3: 

dreams is probably the best the cranberries song :clap3:

fantasy bop!

under the bridge>scar tissue :eli: 

ode to my family also great!

ironic :clap3: 

criminal masterpiece

don't speak :'( 

ray of light is great but the other 4 singles on ROL>

hate radiohead

i feel you also had better sade choices :thing: 

ojos asi cute

confide in me :WAP: 

the rhythm of the night by miss rona is cute, i had no idea the lady in the video is not her :skull: 

no scrubs cute

sing it back :katie2: 

all is full of love :WAP: 

dreams>zombie

drowned world is my fave madonna song ever, i feel sorry for those who don't appreciate this godly song xx

honey :katie2: 

nnn If is one of my favorite Janet's song the Rock-R&B flavor on it is *chef kiss* amazing

YES you better stan Breathe :jonny5:

"the wham freedom is awful though :toofunny3: " Thank god he made a superior Freedom on his discography :jonny5: a gay excellence!

Honestly Californication era was an iconic period for me. The my brother always play the album on my CD player at the time and i was so hook by every single songs on it. AHH my childhood :WAP:

"i had no idea the lady in the video is not her" nn me too i just found out today :skull: But at least the woman in the video sang the song on live performances ddd

"drowned world is my fave madonna song ever, i feel sorry for those who don't appreciate this godly song xx"

SAY IT LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK! :hippo:

Well this is it, The end of 90s list

I once again want to thank you all of you who tuned it and comment on this thread from day 1 until the end.

I appreciate alot and we also shared a lot of our music interest too. Sharing each other knowledge about forgotten bops ddd

Maybe i will do another 90s list this year again. Let's just say, maybe a "Part 2" of it since i missed a lot of my favorite bops in the 90s but we will see.

See you soon :heart2:

@Legend E @Bloodflowers. @GreatestLoveofAll @JGibson @Remmy @Insanity

AD9GkvB.png

9LKshvV.png

5. No Ordinary Love - Sade

Sade_-_No_Ordinary_Love.png

from the album Love Deluxe

(September 28, 1992)

"No Ordinary Love" is a song by English band Sade, released as the lead single from their fourth studio album, Love Deluxe. The song was a modest success in Europe and New Zealand, reaching number four in Italy, number 17 in New Zealand, number 19 in the Netherlands and number 26 on the UK Singles Chart.

When re-released in June 1993, "No Ordinary Love" reached a new peak of number 14 on the UK Singles Chart and number 21 in Australia.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

AD9GkvB.png

Zn4bRYX.png

4. Enjoy the Silence - Depeche Mode

DepecheModeEnjoyTheSilence.jpg

from the album Violator

(February 5, 1990)

Enjoy the Silence" is a song by English electronic music band Depeche Mode. it was released as the second single from their seventh studio album, Violator. Songwriter Martin Gore created a ballad-like first version of the song, which the band took into the studio in 1989. At band member Alan Wilder's insistence, the song was re-worked into the up-tempo version released on the album.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

AD9GkvB.png

m9LdnNi.png

3. Vogue - Madonna

Madonna,_Vogue_cover.png

from the album I'm Breathless

(March 27, 1990)

"Vogue" is a song by American singer Madonna from her second soundtrack album I'm Breathless. t was released as the first single from the album. Madonna was inspired by vogue dancers and choreographers Jose Gutierez Xtravaganza and Luis Xtravaganza from the Harlem "House Ball" community, the origin of the dance form, and they introduced "Vogueing" to her at the Sound Factory club in New York City.

"Vogue" is an upbeat house song which set trends in dance music in the 1990s with strong influences of 1970s disco within its composition. "Vogue" also contains a spoken section, in which Madonna name-checks various golden-era Hollywood celebrities. Lyrically, the song is about enjoying oneself on the dance floor no matter who one is, and it contains a theme of escapism.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

AD9GkvB.png

enMM9bX.png

2. You Get What You Give - New Radicals

New_Radicals_YGWYG_Single.jpg

from the album Maybe You've Been Brainwashed Too

(April 19, 1999)

"You Get What You Give" is a song by New Radicals. It was the first and most successful single from their album Maybe You've Been Brainwashed To. According to lead singer Gregg Alexander, he had written the closing lyrics of the song as a test to see whether the media would focus on the important political issues of the first few lines, or the petty celebrity-dissing. As suspected, a considerable amount of press began to appear about the name-dropping, and the other political issues were largely ignored.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

AD9GkvB.png

qlDZ1Ub.png

1. Frozen - Madonna

Madonna,_Frozen.png

from the album Ray of Light

(February 23, 1998)

"Frozen" is a song by American singer Madonna. It was released as the lead single from her seventh studio album Ray of Light. "Frozen" was written by Madonna and Patrick Leonard, who both produced it in collaboration with William Orbit. A mid-tempo electronica ballad, "Frozen" talks about a cold and emotionless human being.

Between 1996 and 1998, Madonna went through a number of "life-changing experiences" which included giving birth to her daughter Lourdes, gaining interest in Eastern mysticism and Kabbalah, and earning the title role on the film adaptation of the musical Evita in 1996. A year later she started working on her seventh studio album. The album would reflect the singer's changed perspectives about life.

giphy.gif

CWQympA.gif Spotify

8QYMhmg.gif Apple Music

RnIBodJ.gif Youtube

28-6: Killing In The Name + Dreams + Under The Bridge + Ironic + Criminal + Don't Speak + Ray Of Light + Karma Police + Enter Sandman + The Rhythm of The Night + No Scrubs + Zombie + Champagne Supernova + Scar Tissue :heart2:

5-1: You Get What You Give + Vogue + Enjoy The Silence :worship:

13 hours ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

Well this is it, The end of 90s list

I once again want to thank you all of you who tuned it and comment on this thread from day 1 until the end.

I appreciate alot and we also shared a lot of our music interest too. Sharing each other knowledge about forgotten bops ddd

Maybe i will do another 90s list this year again. Let's just say, maybe a "Part 2" of it since i missed a lot of my favorite bops in the 90s but we will see.

See you soon :heart2:

@Legend E @Bloodflowers. @GreatestLoveofAll @JGibson @Remmy @Insanity

thank you, and I am excited for new list and to find out and explore new 90s songs like I am now obsessed with Roxette after seeing WIsh I Could Fly :jonny5: also just noticed we also forgotCounting Crows, yup there are so many songs we definitely need part 2 sis!!!!!

-------

Frozen #1 as it should :clap3:

You Get What You Give ahhhh I love that song and the whole album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.