ikiru's Best of 2020! | FINISHED

ikiru

Beautiful Faces is good, but I would've put The Key to Life on Earth higher (and I did lol)

I think my favorite from him was Make Me Your Queen, it gives me Oasis teas

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ikiru

• Sunderland 4ever

• madonnas

• TheWayWeWere

• ATRL Moderator

glad to see eartheater here :jonny: she's a multi faceted talent.

glad you fell in love with little nokia.  OMG, i feel bad for you if your first experience of bree was the xs remix. :rip: 

I love We Must Love and especially Why but Sukhumvit Swimming didn't do much for me :katie:

Little Nokia is easily Bree's best, wish she had more songs like that or even a full album with that sound :-*

Well Left & Right is probably Seventeen's best song in a good white just cause it's turrible noise like HIT :mandown:

watched the Reveal performance, the TALENT (most of them are visuals too x) :heart: but I saw one ages ago from them on Kingdom that was better tbh, can't remember which one cause I didn't keep up with that show x

On 12/12/2020 at 1:53 PM, ikiru said:

well she saved bikini **** for some deluxe edition of a underwhelming album :mandown:

love me again and love of your life are huge bops but change your mind is just angelic :frown:

same!! when aqui yo mando got released as a single I really didn't like it but I fell in love with it after the album got released :heart2:

yes same for me! who's your bias? :celestial5: can't believe they went from releasing songs about being a dog to this absolute quality this year :alexz:

I will not accept any noise slander here! not after this amazing year for bg noise, nearly every noise song is a huge bop :WAP:

that deluxe was quite bad :mandown:

Soobin but I love Beomgyu as well, I think I pick my biases based on looks tho :oh: and let's not, the mini that Cat & Dog was on also had Blue Orangeade which is like the best bg song ever x

I can't think of a good bg noise song this year, maybe Dun Dun by Everglow :-*

Wait I missed an update

Change Your Mind is an unpopular choice from RAYE's EP, but I still like it a lot :clap3:

I see a lot of The Boyz acclaim lately, need to get into them

Thanks for the comments! :heart2:

#20 - #11 coming soon! :celestial5:

Spoiler

On 12/12/2020 at 4:18 PM, TheWayWeWere said:

Bree EP was great :clap3: 

Yes! Can't wait for more music from her!

On 12/12/2020 at 6:54 PM, Sunderland 4ever said:

Alright, so I checked Trust by Jjangyou this time (couldn't find at first because I hadn't noticed I needed to write two Js at the beginning). Strong intro, not a big fan of the instrumentation in the chorus but his voice and rapping style are really smooth.

the instrumentation in the chorus is my favorite part :deadbanana4: still glad you enjoyed it a bit!

On 12/12/2020 at 8:13 PM, Valtersen said:

Chinese pop :clap3:

which c-pop artists do you listen to? :cupid:

On 12/12/2020 at 9:41 PM, JGibson said:

Beautiful Faces :clap3:

:alexz:

22 hours ago, Madame X said:

glad to see eartheater here :jonny: she's a multi faceted talent.

glad you fell in love with little nokia.  OMG, i feel bad for you if your first experience of bree was the xs remix. :rip: 

she really is! so glad I discovered her!

lol yeah the xs remix was a choice :rip:

18 hours ago, ARTPØP said:

Bikini P*rn :gaygacat5:

:heart2:

3 hours ago, K$Ellie said:

I love We Must Love and especially Why but Sukhumvit Swimming didn't do much for me :katie:

Little Nokia is easily Bree's best, wish she had more songs like that or even a full album with that sound :-*

Well Left & Right is probably Seventeen's best song in a good white just cause it's turrible noise like HIT :mandown:

watched the Reveal performance, the TALENT (most of them are visuals too x) :heart: but I saw one ages ago from them on Kingdom that was better tbh, can't remember which one cause I didn't keep up with that show x

that deluxe was quite bad :mandown:

Soobin but I love Beomgyu as well, I think I pick my biases based on looks tho :oh: and let's not, the mini that Cat & Dog was on also had Blue Orangeade which is like the best bg song ever x

I can't think of a good bg noise song this year, maybe Dun Dun by Everglow :-*

Why is still their best song! :alexz: It took me a while to get into Sukhumvit Swimming!

I agree!! I hope she releases more songs with that sound in the future :dancehall:

HIT > Left & Right :fan:

oh The Boyz are full of visuals and gays! all of their road to kingdom performances were amazing, but the reveal performance is just pure art! :heart2:

Soobin :clap3: I pick my biases based on looks as well, and then I just accept their personality lol, yeonjun king :fan:

dun dun :deadbanana4: let's not talk about that song :mandown:

2 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

Wait I missed an update

Change Your Mind is an unpopular choice from RAYE's EP, but I still like it a lot :clap3:

I see a lot of The Boyz acclaim lately, need to get into them

Change Your Mind is really beautiful :frown:

Oh you should get into them! check out the performance I linked, you will stan them immediately! :celestial5:

23 minutes ago, ikiru said:

Oh you should get into them! check out the performance I linked, you will stan them immediately! :celestial5:

WHAT THE **** :jonny5::jonny5::jonny5::jonny5::jonny5:

I just watched, that was incredible, what a journey omfg :jonny2::jonny2::jonny2::jonny2:

The storytelling, the 100% usage of stage space, the choreography, the looks, this was GROUNDBREAKING O M F G

20-11.png

20. grimes - my name is dark

(youtube | spotify)

for fans of: noise pop, screaming

probably a really unpopular opinion to put this song so high based on what I've seen here so far, but I love that song so much. it's probably because of the screaming throughout the song and the overall really messy sound lol. def a stand out track from miss anthropocene.

19. superm - tiger inside

(youtube | spotify)

for fans of: k-pop noise

well I really don't like or get superm and the album they released this year is absolutely tragic, so this was a huge surprise for me. All of them (except for that one untalented member) sound amazing on that song, taeyong served his best verse of all time and his growling is just the cherry on top. but please sm, let that be the final release for superm. thanks.

18. stray kids - god's menu

(youtube | spotify)

for fans of: k-pop noise [2]

there is a reason this song is called god's menu! this was such a great year for stray kids stans ugh, everything they released was incredible. I remember watching the music video for the first time and I was speechless for like 30 minutes lol. bang chan, changbin and jisung really know how to produce a perfect bop. can't wait for 2021 and their appearance on kingdom! fun fact: this is my 2nd most played song this year.

17. zhou zhennan - desire

(youtube | spotify)

for fans of: c-pop/c-hip hop, noise pop

another huge surprise for me this year. it's such a shame that zhou zhennan, probably best known for being a member of the basic c-pop boy group r1se, is that underrated, his solo material deserves more appreciation! the music video is also a huge serve! really hope we'll get more solo stuff in 2021! (but we probably won't)

16. yelle - j'veux un chien

(youtube | spotify)

for fans of: french electropop

I've waited so long for another yelle album and I was not disappointed this year! so many great songs but j'veux un chien is my absolute favorite, maybe my favorite yelle song of all time! :celestial5: The chorus (especially the final one) hits me every time.

15. rina sawayama - xs

(youtube | spotify)

for fans of: great pop music

what should I say? I think we can all agree that this a phenomenal song with a super fun music video! I had that song on repeat the second it got released and I still haven't overplayed this song, ugh, it just still sounds so fresh! unpopular opinion but this is my favorite song on sawayama as well!

14. nct 127 - kick it

(youtube | spotify)

for fans of: k-pop noise [3]

I can't believe nct introduced me to so many new and good things this year! this was their year! I was never really a fan of them and I thought they were highly overrated in the k-pop community but this song changed everything! the choreo, the video, everything about it is perfect! also my 5th most played song this year.

13. bdc - shoot the moon

(youtube | spotify)

for fans of: k-pop, synthpop

I never thought that this group would place that high in my best of ranking lol. bdc (boys da capo) are a highly underrated and unsuccessful group under brandnew music, they debuted in 2019 with a really boring single and returned this year with a HUGE BOP! shoot the moon is a perfect synth pop song with a great chorus! excited to see if they'll continue to release good music like that in 2021!

12. woo & cifika - used to

(youtube | spotify)

for fans of: k-hip hop

this was the song that got me obsessed with woo this year! while the song is a really chill and mostly uneventful rap song, it still manages to absolutely amaze me! The cifika also feature works surprisingly well. will get back to him when I'll start the music video and album list!

11. txt - blue hour

(youtube | spotify)

for fans of: perfection

talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before, unafraid to reference or not reference, put it in a blender, **** on it, vomit on it, eat it, give birth to it.

this is what heaven sounds like.

taeyong.gif

• ATRL Moderator

this update has many good things.

xs is rina's magnum opus and anybody who disagrees is really just kidding tehmselves!

i love the yelle pick too!  its not my yelle pick, but her album was underrated so im glad someone is showing it some love.

my name is dark is a good pick.  its not mine but its good.  its like an updated version of the artangels title track.

im listening to the guy from r1se solo track... you are right its good :eek:  didnt really listen to much cpop this year except this one hyperpop/bubblegum bass album. 

Hate kpop noise so imma ignore these 3 tracks :mandown:

XS and My Name Is Dark are obviously superb, Blue Hour is nice too :clap3:

I love how emo a title like "My Name is Dark" is. Great song as is XS!

XS top 15 :clap3:

I only know XS this time and it is cute although definitely overrated imo :mandown:

Need to hear more from Grimes

13 hours ago, ikiru said:

16. yelle - j'veux un chien

I've heard that one. It was the first time I checked a complete Yelle LP.

Thanks for the comments, will start the album list soon, gotta rush things a bit because I'll be busy with work soon :dancehall:

Spoiler

22 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

XS :jonny:

omg, don't tell me My Name is Dark is hated on here :deadbanana4: it's masterpiece 

I saw a few people not liking it :deadbanana4: it's such a bop!

22 hours ago, Madame X said:

this update has many good things.

xs is rina's magnum opus and anybody who disagrees is really just kidding tehmselves!

i love the yelle pick too!  its not my yelle pick, but her album was underrated so im glad someone is showing it some love.

my name is dark is a good pick.  its not mine but its good.  its like an updated version of the artangels title track.

im listening to the guy from r1se solo track... you are right its good :eek:  didnt really listen to much cpop this year except this one hyperpop/bubblegum bass album. 

speaking the absolute truth about xs!

sad to see that it's that underrated, yelle used to be way bigger a few years ago!

ohhh i'm glad you enjoy it! tell me about that cpop hyperpop/bubblegum bass album please omg, how come I don't know it? or i just cant think of it right now.

22 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

Hate kpop noise so imma ignore these 3 tracks :mandown:

XS and My Name Is Dark are obviously superb, Blue Hour is nice too :clap3:

the kpop noise hate in my best of thread is ridiculous :deadbanana4:  kpop noise is the best and that's a fact :mandown:

21 hours ago, Remmy said:

Bikini P*rn + Change Your Mind :clap3: LITTLE NOKIA is quite a knock! XS :heart::heart::heart:

the taste :alexz:

20 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

I love how emo a title like "My Name is Dark" is. Great song as is XS!

lmao yeah!

XS is THAT song honestly :heart2:

18 hours ago, KasioKas said:

XS top 15 :clap3:

it's what she deserves :celestial5:

16 hours ago, potent said:

I only know XS this time and it is cute although definitely overrated imo :mandown:

Need to hear more from Grimes

oh unpopular opinion on this site :fan:

you should!

9 hours ago, Sunderland 4ever said:

I've heard that one. It was the first time I checked a complete Yelle LP.

Did you like it? :cupid:

• ATRL Moderator

@ikiru

its this album.  honestly, dont know anything about him, was shown by friends.  very good tho

Top 25 Albums of 2020

I'll start with the top 10 songs of the year tomorrow (hopefully), but I wanted to start the album list already.

25-21.jpg

25. will jay - perfectionist

(spotify)

for fans of: pop, dark pop

discovered his album really late this year, that's probably the reason why it's that "low". perfectionist is a really interesting piece of work, on the first listen I wasn't really that excited about it, but after I took the time to actually listen to the lyrics and really understand his messages, I fell in love this record. "lies" is def the stand out track for me, it's a dark pop song about the lies he told before. glad I randomly found him on spotify and got into his music. can't wait for more.

24. yukika - soul lady

(spotify)

for fans of: city pop

I am really happy to see the love she is getting here on this site, never thought that many people actually checked out her album. soul lady is a wonderful city pop album that manages to create a beautiful atmosphere: listening to the album just makes you feel like you're walking the seoul streets at night. "shade" and the title track are probably my favorites on this album, but most of the songs are absolutely wonderful.

23. niall horan - heartbreak weather

(spotify)

for fans of: folk pop, indie pop

niall horan is probably my favorite ex-one direction member (and the cutest), so of course I was really excited for this record. his debut album was already pretty strong so my expectations were pretty high. he clearly didn't disappoint. unpopular opinion but "heartbreak weather" is probably my favorite song on this album, such a happy pop song with a catchy chorus, the harmonies in the background are everything.

22. the weeknd - after hours

(spotify)

for fans of: come on you all know it

this album is such a experience for me wow, I remember first listening to it and first of all I was so amazed by how well the tracklist flows, listening to it in chronological order is a journey. the production and songwriting is outstandingly good! "blinding lights" is a timeless classic, our grandchildren will listen to it at the club and it will still feel fresh! I will never understand how this got snubbed at the grammys lol.

21. sik-k - headliner

(spotify)

for fans of: k-hip hop

I am so glad that I finally got into k-hip hop this year because the releases were incredibly strong! headliner is the latest release from sik-k and probably his best work to date? I was pleasantly surprised of the songwriting on this record, sik-k is not known for his personal lyrics lol. a great album that shows the fun and energetic side of sik-k we know and love and also introduces us to his vulnerable side. favorites are "rsvp", "darling" with crush and "too picky". sik-k enlisted a few months ago so we sadly won't be getting new releases any time soon.

minghao.gif

Edited by ikiru

25 minutes ago, Madame X said:

its this album.  honestly, dont know anything about him, was shown by friends.  very good tho

listened to the first two songs on the album and I am already in love lol, thanks for the great recommendation! :jonny5:

he reminds me a bit of omega sapien (the korean hyperpop artist)

We love some Niall appreciation :clap3: I enjoyed Flicker more but Heartbreak Weather is a solid follow up. The title track starts things off nicely for sure :alexz3: After Hours :jamming: "I will never understand how this got snubbed at the grammys lol." Right... he obviously pissed somebody off behind the scenes because there's truly no other realistic reason. Not ONE nomination???

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.