• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ikiru

• Sunderland 4ever

• madonnas

• TheWayWeWere

AHHH THE TXT STANNING :WAP: Ghosting absolutely slaps, it's kinda sad sounding tho so I don't listen to it as much :emofish:

Eternally amazing too but I hope Fairy of Shampoo is higher :-* Criminal, Ghost and Angel also massive bops :jamming:

Freak and Claws pop girl excellence :katie2: Troye and Weeknd :clap3: only complaint is some of the bg noise :keir:

La Vita Nuova YAAAAAAS! Curious to see if People I've Been Sad will show up....... but I don't mind La Vita Nuova being your highest pick for Xtine/any pick at all because it's that good!

I picked lucky #47, Criminal by TAEMIN. This time I liked the singer's voice (especially when he reached the highest notes). The instrumentation at the beginning of the second verse was probably my favorite part.

Thanks again! Next song update soon! :heart2:

Spoiler

23 hours ago, Mr. Loco said:

In your eyes :katie2:

:clap3:

20 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

Take Yourself Home :clap3: 

La vita nuova is masterpiece :jonny: 

It really is! :alexz:

20 hours ago, Post Malone said:

In Your Eyes and Take Yourself Home male excellence :clap3:

absolutely! :jonny5:

20 hours ago, Macchi said:

OMG @ikiru your graphics are STUNNING.

And yay for the troye love :heart2:

Aww thank you! :heart2:

of course! Take Yourself Home is an amazing song!

19 hours ago, ARTPØP said:

claws :WAP::WAP:

:katie2:

16 hours ago, K$Ellie said:

AHHH THE TXT STANNING :WAP: Ghosting absolutely slaps, it's kinda sad sounding tho so I don't listen to it as much :emofish:

Eternally amazing too but I hope Fairy of Shampoo is higher :-* Criminal, Ghost and Angel also massive bops :jamming:

Freak and Claws pop girl excellence :katie2: Troye and Weeknd :clap3: only complaint is some of the bg noise :keir:

I know what you mean!! I love Ghosting but it has such a sad vibe to it! Still a masterpiece! :weeps:

The way TXT dominated this year there's definitely more to come :mandown:

bg noise is basically my favorite genre :fan:

9 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

La Vita Nuova YAAAAAAS! Curious to see if People I've Been Sad will show up....... but I don't mind La Vita Nuova being your highest pick for Xtine/any pick at all because it's that good!

It really is such a perfect pop song :alexz:

1 hour ago, Sunderland 4ever said:

I picked lucky #47, Criminal by TAEMIN. This time I liked the singer's voice (especially when he reached the highest notes). The instrumentation at the beginning of the second verse was probably my favorite part.

His high notes are the best part of the whole song, I immediately loved it when I first listened to the song. I'm glad you like it!

40-31.png

More info:

Spoiler

40. Zico - Any song

(YouTube | Spotify)

39. m-flo, Sik-K, Taichi Mukai & eill - tell me tell me

(YouTube | Spotify)

38. Tove Lo - Bikini ****

(YouTube | Spotify)

37. Rico Nasty - IPHONE

(YouTube | Spotify)

36. 錢正昊 (Jefferson Qian) - Melatonin

(YouTube | Spotify)

35. 周震南 (Zhou Zhennan) - Love

(YouTube | Spotify)

34. Grimes - 4ÆM

(YouTube | Spotify)

33. Golden Child - Pump It Up

(YouTube | Spotify)

32. Kali Uchis & Rico Nasty - ¡aquí yo mando!

(YouTube | Spotify)

31. Raye - Change Your Mind

(YouTube | Spotify)

surprised-treasure.gif

4AEM is my fave gibberish D&B track I've ever heard. Looking forward to hearing iPhone when I check out her album!

• ATRL Moderator

Rico, Kali, and Grimes.  LOVE a all 3 and they ended up on my best of :jonny6:

but 4aem was on last years lol. 

I tried to listen to a random song and YouTube said I had to be a music premium user.  MCSCUSE ME?

Bikini **** :clap3:

5 hours ago, Madame X said:

Rico, Kali, and Grimes.  LOVE a all 3 and they ended up on my best of :jonny6:

but 4aem was on last years lol. 

I tried to listen to a random song and YouTube said I had to be a music premium user.  MCSCUSE ME?

oop, I‘ll check the links next time before posting lol. it was probably Melatonin because all the other links are the official music videos :celestial5: but it’s on spotify and worth a listen :katie2:

thanks for letting me know!

IYE, TYH, and La Vita Nuova all in a row :jonny5: we stan

I don't know the particular songs this set, might check out Raye, she wasn't really interesting to me from what I heard before

Pump It, Pump It Up... What a catchy discovery. :jamming:

Besides, I recognize and like 4AM.

Spoiler

14 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

4AEM is my fave gibberish D&B track I've ever heard. Looking forward to hearing iPhone when I check out her album!

I still need to check out her album as well! But from all the singles she released before the album IPHONE is def my favorite one!

13 hours ago, Ava Max said:

Bikini **** :clap3:

:alexz:

6 hours ago, potent said:

IYE, TYH, and La Vita Nuova all in a row :jonny5: we stan

I don't know the particular songs this set, might check out Raye, she wasn't really interesting to me from what I heard before

Same! I only knew her as a featured artists from some EDM songs, but her solo stuff she released this year absolutely surprised me! If you do listen to it, let me know how you like it!

2 hours ago, Sunderland 4ever said:

Pump It, Pump It Up... What a catchy discovery. :jamming:

Besides, I recognize and like 4AM.

Oh wow, that was not the song I thought you'd enjoy! But I'm glad you do!

1 hour ago, Macchi said:

Raye - Change your mind. A SONG

I get coldplay vibes from it... do you?

The last time I listened to Coldplay was probably in 2005 so I completely forgot what they sound like :fan: Which Coldplay song does Change Your Mind remind you of? :cupid:

• ATRL Moderator
8 hours ago, ikiru said:

oop, I‘ll check the links next time before posting lol. it was probably Melatonin because all the other links are the official music videos :celestial5: but it’s on spotify and worth a listen :katie2:

thanks for letting me know!

mess, i didn't even know that was a function though.  thats why it took me back.  lemme go on spotify :-* 

1 hour ago, ikiru said:
  Hide contents

The last time I listened to Coldplay was probably in 2005 so I completely forgot what they sound like :fan: Which Coldplay song does Change Your Mind remind you of? :cupid:

It's just a vibe really. Like a cross between Coldplay and one Republic

Bikini **** amazing, wish she saved it for an album or sumn :WAP: 4aem is decent, my least fave on the album tho :mandown:

Change Your Mind is a bop but Love Me Again and Love Of Your Life miles better :keir: IPHONE pretty much Rico's only good song since Nasty x

the Kali x Rico song is such a bop ahhhhh, I remember listening when it first came out and thought it was lame but it grew on me so much with the album :smitten:

On 12/10/2020 at 4:26 PM, ikiru said:

I know what you mean!! I love Ghosting but it has such a sad vibe to it! Still a masterpiece! :weeps:

The way TXT dominated this year there's definitely more to come :mandown:

bg noise is basically my favorite genre :fan:

good to hear bc they really did it for me this year, turned me into a full on stan :smitten:

you suck for that but there are some cute noise songs out there :fan:

Spoiler

21 hours ago, Madame X said:

mess, i didn't even know that was a function though.  thats why it took me back.  lemme go on spotify :-* 

because it's highly unlikely that a song is premium only on youtube, I don't know why anyone would do that :deadbanana4:

21 hours ago, Post Malone said:

Bikini **** :clap3: her other droplets though >>

true but still another great release for her :heart2:

20 hours ago, Macchi said:

It's just a vibe really. Like a cross between Coldplay and one Republic

Oh wow, I really do not see that! interesting comparison :cupid:

13 hours ago, K$Ellie said:

Bikini **** amazing, wish she saved it for an album or sumn :WAP: 4aem is decent, my least fave on the album tho :mandown:

Change Your Mind is a bop but Love Me Again and Love Of Your Life miles better :keir: IPHONE pretty much Rico's only good song since Nasty x

the Kali x Rico song is such a bop ahhhhh, I remember listening when it first came out and thought it was lame but it grew on me so much with the album :smitten:

good to hear bc they really did it for me this year, turned me into a full on stan :smitten:

you suck for that but there are some cute noise songs out there :fan:

well she saved bikini **** for some deluxe edition of a underwhelming album :mandown:

love me again and love of your life are huge bops but change your mind is just angelic :frown:

same!! when aqui yo mando got released as a single I really didn't like it but I fell in love with it after the album got released :heart2:

yes same for me! who's your bias? :celestial5: can't believe they went from releasing songs about being a dog to this absolute quality this year :alexz:

I will not accept any noise slander here! not after this amazing year for bg noise, nearly every noise song is a huge bop :WAP:

7 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

Bikini Pron :alexz:

4AM is a major banger 

Raye :clap3: 

:alexz:

Thanks for the comments (to the ones I replied to yesterday as well)! :heart2: #30 - #21 songs soon!

since were getting closer to the top, I have now decided to write something about each of the songs on the list. Not like a professional review (because I'm terrible at that), just a little personal experience or story I have with these songs.

30-21.png

30. eartheater - below the clavicle

(youtube | spotify)

for fans of: art pop, folk

a stunning song through and through. it took me some time to fully appreciate the song but now I am truly in love with it. the production of the song is so simple but she manages to create this beautiful atmosphere just with her voice. the high notes (people who know the song will understand) are super weird at first but they make the song so much better. a great song from a really great discovery I made this year.

29. park ji hoon - wing

(youtube | spotify)

for fans of: k-pop, eurovision?

yes eurovision!? that's the first thing I thought of when I heard the song. the whole fun and quirky production reminds me of a eurovision song and I love it. truly something different for the k-pop scene, but it didn't really had any impact: the song and video flopped and his latest release is a bland k-pop/r&b album lol. park ji hoon for eurovision asia 2021.

28. onf - sukhumvit swimming

(youtube | spotify)

for fans of: k-pop with weird sounds in the background lol

onf caught my attention last year with their song "why", so I was really excited to see them on road to kingdom (a stupid k-pop survival show for already existing bands, will talk about that later). they really disappointed me on that show and I lost interest, so I didn't really care for this release when it came out. out of boredom I still listened to it and I loved every second of it omg. this song has such a different vibe to it than all the other boy group songs released this year. highlight of the song is the weird "rope tightening" sound before the chorus. their song "geppeto" just barely missed the top 100 songs.

27. 錢正昊 (jefferson qian) - prometheus

(youtube | spotify)

for fans of: good music!!! (r&b/experimental pop)

while I do love k-pop and I've been listening to it for 11 years now, I actually found k-pop through c-pop back in the days, so I still love checking out some up and coming chinese artists. and this dude surely caught my attention this year (as you can tell because that's like the 100th entry for him on this list already). a young chinese idol singer that releases amazing self-produced, self-written noise pop/r&b/hip-hop music. this song in particular is such a journey for me. the song is basically a 3 minute build up to this incredible outro! I am so glad I discovered him and I wish more people would check him out!

26. bree runway - little nokia

(youtube | spotify)

for fans of: azealia banks

another great discovery this year for me! first heard her on the xs remix but didn't listen to her solo stuff (because the remix is terrible). later I found little nokia on a random spotify playlist and I fell in love. this is some next level sh*t! loving the highly energetic production and the personality she adds to the song. def looking forward to more releases next year!

25. jjangyou - trust

(youtube | spotify)

for fans of: k-hip hop (mixed with pop, jazz, edm, and basically everything else)

what a song! what an artist! jjangyou is a underground korean singer and even if I wanted to, there's no way I could tell you what genre his music is. he experiments with everything from hip-hop to jazz. this is the song that stood out for me the most from his masterpiece of an album (spoiler I will talk more about it when I'm getting to the album list), probably because it's the first jjangyou song I've ever listened to. while it's not as crazy as the rest of the album, it surely left a impression! the chorus is a banger!

24. seventeen - left & right

(youtube | spotify)

for fans of: k-pop

a true outsider in a year filled with noise music, and that's probably why I didn't like the song at first (same with "sukhumvit swimming"). I became a seventeen stan after the release of their best album "an ode" (controversial opinion, i know). so I was expecting a noise pop song like "HIT" but this is what I got instead. I thought the song was soo cheesy and repetitive that I really didn't hated it. but as a true stan I still listened to it many times and I finally fell in love with it! I am still obsessed with that song. a huge bop and a huge success for the boys!

23. adam fan - 2 minds

(youtube | spotify)

for fans of: taemin, kai

another chinese pop star (and brother of the controversial actress fan bingbing) on the list, what a surprise. not a huge fan of his other work but that song is phenomenal! a sensual, dark pop tune with a really catchy chorus! I don't know what it is about the production of this song but it gives me goosebumps every time I listen to it lol. I really hope he releases something that good in 2021.

22. the boyz - reveal

(youtube | spotify)

for fans of: TALENT

me having this song that high on the list is surely the biggest plot twist of the year. I knew the boyz before their appearance on road to kingdom and I was never a huge fan, their songs were really bland, and besides having some cute members there was no reason for me to like them. and then road to kingdom happened and I absolutely hated them because of how good they were and how they would destroy all my favorite boy groups lol. but everything changed with THAT PERFORMANCE (check it out; I am not lying this is the best performance since paparazzi at the vma's) and I can't get enough of them ever since. Their song "the stealer" also barely missed the top 100.

21. declan mckenna - beautiful faces

(youtube | spotify)

for fans of: indie rock

declan mckenna was another huge surprise for me this year. I've been an occasional listener since 2017 but never really considered myself a fan until this year. beautiful faces is a really catchy tune combining indie rock and some noise pop elements. declan's vocals are great as always and I truly love his energy while singing his songs. And this is just one of the few amazing songs he released this year, spoiler but the highest one on my list.

sooooobin.gif

Alright, so I checked Trust by Jjangyou this time (couldn't find at first because I hadn't noticed I needed to write two Js at the beginning). Strong intro, not a big fan of the instrumentation in the chorus but his voice and rapping style are really smooth.

Edited by Sunderland 4ever

Beautiful Faces :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.