• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• madonnas

• Blue Rose

• Legend E

• Ewan Chaos

la roux a little high :eli: gullible fool kinda my least favourite song on it even though it sounds the most distinct :skull: 

i listened to the strokes album like once or twice :) 

This is definitely an album countdown I need to put in my *mark off these albums and explore the new artists* to expand my horizons. :duca: 

41.  the strokes - the new abnormal

Interesting, I need to listen to it

Happy holidays! I hope you can finish your YECD. :duca:

Bbymutha, Buscabulla, IBH and Empress Of :jonny:

I have the Buscabulla album saved because of the ATRL Critics Circle thing from a few days ago so I can't wait to try it!

Empress Of was really nice on my first listen but it's not something that I went back to outside of Bit Of Rain.

Let me catch up a bit :gaycat6:

---

Spoiler

Baby, Watch Your Step, Dark Hearts, Fustal Shuffle, I Want You To Love Me, Megan's Body (no pun intented), Murphy's Law, My Hair, I Can't Stop Me, Anthems, Super Duper Party People, Soul Lady, klk, Jaguar, Describe, Ungodly Hour, Cool, Little Nokia, XS, Bald!

Made in into the list :jonny5:

Ladies really hit me hard. It's just sounds like classic 90s Fiona and i love it so much (but i still not over the robbery on the This is 2020 rate :skull:)

We love Visions, la vita nuova, What's Your Pleasure & Don't Stop acclaim :clap3:

On 12/16/2020 at 12:19 AM, Madame X said:

23.  itzy - 23hrs

genre: kpop

for fans of: sophie

spoiler alert: this is my highest kpop song on my list.  itzy did that!  well this is produced by sphie so so did she.  its not just the sophie synths that make me love it (though, it is a lot that), its the endless infectious chanting.  ITZY 4 24 HOURS! 

Mess not me just finding out about this nnn

I knew those Pans sounds familiar and i thought there is no way JYP hired THE SOPHIE for Itzy just for an album track. It's all make sense now OMG

----

Every Bad, Dystopia and The New Abnormal made it into the list :clap3:

Supervision is so dissapointing. I've been waiting for the new album for song long and then it turns out... like that smh

• ATRL Moderator

well, it wouldn't be a madonnas best of countdown if i didn't half ass it halfway through.  BUT i will actually finish. 

40. bad bunny - yhlqmdlg

genre: trap, reggaeton

i love thisd album, if it were shorter it would probably be top 20, but its got a nice blend of mainstream and progressive sounds going on.

39.  flo milli - ho, why is you here?

genre: hip hop

yeah, i love her attitude i love her lyrics, and she's super young and talented.

38. lady gaga - chromatica

genre: edm, dance pop

yeah, chromatica is good, it would be better without bloodpop but lets also give gaga props for writing amazing choruses like the ones on alice, babylon, 911, and replay.

37.  annie - dark hearts

genre: synth wave

mhm, norwegian legend annie did that, yet again.  thinking about it, this is probably her weakest release? i guess that says a lot about the quality of her work because this is an amazing album.

36.  kali uchis - sin miedo

genre: contemporary r&b

yeah everything about this is an improvement from isolation for me.  its a complete listen, through and through.

35.  against all logic - 2017-2019

genre: idm, industrial

**** the haters this was just as good as his debut

34.  too free - love in high demand

genre: dance pop

basically what i said about their song in my songs list, but then apply it to all the songs on this album.  

33.  clipping - visions of bodies being burned

genre: hip hop, industrial hip hop

still can't take them seriously knowing that daveed is part of hamilton.  but you know what, its good enough for me to forgive.

32.  kylie minogue - disco

genre: nu disco

a huge improvement from her previous album, 2013's kiss me once.

31.  pink siifu - negro

genre: sound collage

this hits fast and it hits hard, and then doesn't let up for a single minute.

4 hours ago, Madame X said:

38. lady gaga - chromatica

genre: edm, dance pop

yeah, chromatica is good, it would be better without bloodpop but lets also give gaga props for writing amazing choruses like the ones on alice, babylon, 911, and replay.

37.  annie - dark hearts

mhm, norwegian legend annie did that, yet again.  thinking about it, this is probably her weakest release? i guess that says a lot about the quality of her work because this is an amazing album.

Yes Gaga, yes acclaim! Also I just listned to Annie's album TODAY and may I say i don't love it but it's definitely interesting. A norwegian talent indeed

4 hours ago, Madame X said:

nnn the Golden erasure :rip: Disco is immaculate tho yes!

Chromatica has some cute songs, but I don't really like 911 :rip: idk why they chose that to be a single or at least get a video

The Golden shade :dies: but Disco is a great album, probably a good placement for it since it gets repetitive at times, but the songs are still great

• ATRL Moderator

:skull: 

both kmo and golden are underrated though :cm: disco is better than both too though :cm: 

chromatica :clap3: 

LA ROUX AND ANNIE :clap3:

40. bad bunny - yhlqmdlg

genre: trap, reggaeton

i love thisd album, if it were shorter it would probably be top 20, but its got a nice blend of mainstream and progressive sounds going on.

39.  flo milli - ho, why is you here?

genre: hip hop

yeah, i love her attitude i love her lyrics, and she's super young and talented.

37.  annie - dark hearts

36.  kali uchis - sin miedo

genre: contemporary r&b

yeah everything about this is an improvement from isolation for me.  its a complete listen, through and through.

35.  against all logic - 2017-2019

genre: idm, industrial

**** the haters this was just as good as his debut 

33.  clipping - visions of bodies being burned

genre: hip hop, industrial hip hop

still can't take them seriously knowing that daveed is part of hamilton.  but you know what, its good enough for me to forgive.

31.  pink siifu - negro

genre: sound collage

this hits fast and it hits hard, and then doesn't let up for a single minute.

So true!!!

I liked Annie's album but also was kinda let down by it. Also the Disco comment :rip:

Chromatica & Disco :clap3:

• ATRL Moderator

OK SORRY FOR BEING A FLAKE

if i didn't respond to your best of in a while, just tag me in there, do it!

Spoiler
On 1/1/2021 at 8:18 PM, Ava Max said:

Chromatica & Disco :clap3:

!! where does disco rank in ur kylie ranking

On 1/1/2021 at 8:33 AM, TRF. said:

So true!!!

I liked Annie's album but also was kinda let down by it. Also the Disco comment :rip:

shes one of those where its always good but how GOOD does it get.  i mean dark hearts/streets/the bomb are A+++, and the ending tracks too.

On 12/31/2020 at 11:52 PM, D/X said:

Chromatica :party:

stan!

On 12/31/2020 at 11:06 PM, rihannabiggestfan said:

LA ROUX AND ANNIE :clap3:

stan!  do you have your own list?

On 12/31/2020 at 11:03 PM, Legend E said:

:skull: 

both kmo and golden are underrated though :cm: disco is better than both too though :cm: 

chromatica :clap3: 

kmo.... well, idk.  i haven't heard it in a while but i remember being really really put off by sexercize and some of the middle songs.  i liked i was gonna cancel and sexy love.

On 12/31/2020 at 8:21 PM, potent said:

Chromatica has some cute songs, but I don't really like 911 :rip: idk why they chose that to be a single or at least get a video

The Golden shade :dies: but Disco is a great album, probably a good placement for it since it gets repetitive at times, but the songs are still great

i like 911 tbh, but i weasn't aware it was a single? it was a john wayne situation. it was bound to flop tho lol, like its such a faggy song.  

On 12/31/2020 at 7:57 PM, GreatestLoveofAll said:

Yes Gaga, yes acclaim! Also I just listned to Annie's album TODAY and may I say i don't love it but it's definitely interesting. A norwegian talent indeed

nnn the Golden erasure :rip: Disco is immaculate tho yes!

have you heard any other annie album?!  i wouldn't say thats the best introduction to her, but its more for the chromatics/baby driver soundtrack lovers than annie.  her debut is a classic and she released some good EPs in the 2010s that were more dance/pop.

On 12/27/2020 at 1:52 PM, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

Let me catch up a bit :gaycat6:

---

Reveal hidden contents

Baby, Watch Your Step, Dark Hearts, Fustal Shuffle, I Want You To Love Me, Megan's Body (no pun intented), Murphy's Law, My Hair, I Can't Stop Me, Anthems, Super Duper Party People, Soul Lady, klk, Jaguar, Describe, Ungodly Hour, Cool, Little Nokia, XS, Bald!

Made in into the list :jonny5:

Ladies really hit me hard. It's just sounds like classic 90s Fiona and i love it so much (but i still not over the robbery on the This is 2020 rate :skull:)

We love Visions, la vita nuova, What's Your Pleasure & Don't Stop acclaim :clap3:

Mess not me just finding out about this nnn

I knew those Pans sounds familiar and i thought there is no way JYP hired THE SOPHIE for Itzy just for an album track. It's all make sense now OMG

----

Every Bad, Dystopia and The New Abnormal made it into the list :clap3:

Supervision is so dissapointing. I've been waiting for the new album for song long and then it turns out... like that smh

omg the robbery in the 2020 rate hit me hard :rip: supa actually replied to me (cuz i tried to give ladies an 11) saying basically 'it won't win so im not gonna give you high hopes' or something along the lines of that.  so tbh i expected it to go in the 30s, still HURT though.  i wonder how sophie got on an album track lol, im sure someone knows the story?!

i think supervision is good its just one of those cases of it not meeting the hype, but once time passes people will go back to it and look fondly.

On 12/26/2020 at 12:55 PM, Chamoy said:

I think I added you, but I'm not sure. :skull:

you did!

On 12/26/2020 at 9:32 AM, Pink Matter said:

I have the Buscabulla album saved because of the ATRL Critics Circle thing from a few days ago so I can't wait to try it!

Empress Of was really nice on my first listen but it's not something that I went back to outside of Bit Of Rain.

did you try it? :duca: 

On 12/26/2020 at 9:12 AM, TRF. said:

Bbymutha, Buscabulla, IBH and Empress Of :jonny:

yes stan bbymutha, since nobody else here does 

On 12/25/2020 at 8:58 PM, Sunderland 4ever said:

Happy holidays! I hope you can finish your YECD. :duca:

IM DOING IT THANK YOU I WILL POST IN YOURS

On 12/22/2020 at 3:03 PM, Ghostlysnaker said:

41.  the strokes - the new abnormal

Interesting, I need to listen to it

its a fairly pleasant album that won't piss anyone off, give it a try!

On 12/22/2020 at 1:46 AM, Mezik said:

This is definitely an album countdown I need to put in my *mark off these albums and explore the new artists* to expand my horizons. :duca: 

any interesting ones!?

On 12/21/2020 at 10:46 AM, Claw said:

I'm scanning your songs list for gold

and?

On 12/21/2020 at 6:01 AM, Lazuli said:

la roux a little high :eli: gullible fool kinda my least favourite song on it even though it sounds the most distinct :skull: 

i listened to the strokes album like once or twice :) 

omg a guillible fool hater? :jonny: 

yeah i was like that for months but near the end of the year it caught more listens and benefited from that.

On 12/20/2020 at 5:35 PM, ARTPØP said:

La Roux :clap3:

finally, someone who gets it!

On 12/20/2020 at 5:24 PM, Reinvention said:

Sadly I don't see anything I like but keep up the good work. :gaycat4:

thx king

On 12/19/2020 at 10:22 AM, dweebz said:

empress of :alexz:

a legend!

On 12/19/2020 at 10:22 AM, Ewan Chaos said:

Yes yes yes Buscabulla. Gah Neon Indian haven't thought about that bitch in a while. Need a new album (or I guess I can just listen to Neon Vega for the 10000th time). Haven't heard Buscabulla before their album but I love their background as Puerto Ricans and your top 2 are my top 2 as well. Porridge Radio cute! Lesbians, we love to see it.

La Roux and Empress Of back to back YUP. Also I keep seeing La Roux referred to as "they" from other lists but isn't it just Elly now? nnn The Strokes album was good too but I didn't really get as into it as I would have liked. I see myself liking it more as time goes on.

Saw I Break Horses on someone else's list and they're on my "to check out" section. I'll see if any other hoes I don't know here I'll check out

i think you would like i break horses!  

we need neon indian badly, his song last year was pretty good but he always shines best in ALBUMS and honestly that song was not his best... so... more plz.  

la roux is a solo act now but its a force of habit for a lot of people.  i mean i still see people refer to F+TM as 'they'.  

On 12/19/2020 at 10:25 AM, prézli said:

Did La Roux have an album? :chick2:

yes! listen to it!

On 12/19/2020 at 11:34 AM, TheWayWeWere said:

Supervision getting some acclaim again :jonny: I adored this album

glad to see you on the right team!

On 12/19/2020 at 11:36 AM, Mark Rih said:

Abel snubbed :weeps: but hey a hm is better than nothing 

Empress of brought the bops, glad to see in her in the top 50 :clap3:

hm, his album was just a couple songs too long so i had to make the cut.  it was kinda super arbitrary though lol.

On 12/19/2020 at 12:46 PM, BlackoutZone said:

You really decided to snub all these albums just to put Supervision... interesting 

and ILL DO IT AGAIN

On 12/19/2020 at 2:56 PM, K$Ellie said:

love to see XS in the top 20 :clap3: Little Nokia, JU$T, Roisin and Aly & AJ cute as well :heart: Cool is nice but not one of my faves :mandown:

kinda hate visions, anthems did it better :keir: Don't Stop so high :eek: amazing production, wish it had a better hook maybe :keir:

Ladies is like my least fave on FTBC nnnn I prefer Freak and Slime but Siren is a nice choice for #1 as well :clap3:

folklore was ROBBED but everything else is fine :mandown: Yves, Twice, Bree, Weeknd, Yaeji, Miley, City Girls and Carly ranged from ok to cute mostly :lakitu:

ahhhh Jazz Bar one of your standouts on Dreamcatcher's album :WAP: I Break Horses yup yup, stunning album :clap3:  Empress is cute too

i like the dont stop hook, its one of those songs you need to let grow on you, its very subtle and artful!  

jazz bar SNUBBED in the kpop rate, i was fuming.

On 12/19/2020 at 4:13 PM, Legend E said:

idk these

oaJ2g351.thumb.jpg.a3f4510658f0741a6b932

oaJ2g351.thumb.jpg.a3f4510658f0741a6b932

On 12/19/2020 at 4:57 PM, Remmy said:

I'm Your Empress Of :eddie: Both standouts :clap3: Yeah her upbeat tracks are usually superior. Took a peek at Riki but I feel like her music sounds better on paper :matty:

riki is def an acquired taste lol, but yeah i get what you're saying.  its rare for me to prefer ballads and slower songs than uptempos but its not unheard of but i can truly say EO is better with faster tracks and its noy my bias.

On 12/19/2020 at 6:37 PM, Ava Max said:

I'm Your Empress Of :clap3:

stan!

On 12/19/2020 at 6:56 PM, Sunderland 4ever said:

Alright. Sounds like something I can dig. I'll be checking out this one.

And a huge YES to The Strokes being mentioned. They really delivered the goods this time. :worship2:

Porridge Radio was alright. Buscabulla looks interesting. Overall, a nice mix of albums that I either liked or I would like to listen to. :cupid:

i think no joy was super underrated, i think most people who check it out can find something they can enjoy x

On 12/19/2020 at 11:25 PM, potent said:

The Strokes making it :clap3:

At the Door and Brooklyn Bridge are great choices :clap3: they definitely had better songs than Bad Decisions in there even though I understand why it was the single

at the door was the single tho right? i thought that was the one everyone stanned.

On 12/20/2020 at 2:08 AM, geodancefreak said:

Lemme wait for the next update :gaycat2:

well.... its coming yall!

On 12/20/2020 at 2:23 AM, GreatestLoveofAll said:

Tis' an album, yessir! :clap3:

glad you stan sis!

On 12/20/2020 at 7:04 AM, ikiru said:

supervision making the main list but plastic hearts, after hours, what we drew and folklore don't :clown:

dystopia was a huge surprise for me, loved it!

i've had that riki album on my list for AGES, i def need to listen to it now!

PERIOD!  lemme know if you listened!

On 12/20/2020 at 8:40 AM, Blue Rose said:

not you started an album countdown when Im about to take an atrl break. 
Porridge Radio and No Joy :jonny5:

mess, but wait i still see you posting, hows the break going :eli: 

On 12/20/2020 at 9:10 AM, Blue Rose said:

Im ok with everything that was dumped except for Sufjan.

surprised Sufjan didn’t make yoir list. The electronic production seems like something you wouldve enjoyed based on your songs and albums lists 

i loved his album but only listened once :rip: every time i was going to i just... didnt.  i thik it was the length.  oh well.  

• ATRL Moderator

30.  kelly lee owens - inner song

genre: art pop, techno

fave songs: on, melt, arpeggi

kelly mixes soft ambient pop into her tried but true formula for electronic music.  it gives us her best album so far, though the instrumental breakdowns are still the highlight of the album.

29.  jam city - pillowland

genre: uk bass, psychedelic pop

fave songs: sweet joy, they eat the young

jam city has produced for legends like kelela and now here he is with his own album.  it was hard for me to pick a standout, the songs blend together in a great way.  try it out if you like "deconstructed club" or whatever.

28.  rina sawayama - sawayama

genre: dance pop, pop rock

fave songs: paradisin, xs, whos gonna save you now

yes rina, she released a great project and i can definitely say that aside from paradisin, all the best songs are the pop rock formula.  she really should work with clarence clarity for the rest of her career, they have such great chemistry. 

27.  lido pimiento - miss colombia

genre: art pop

fave songs: eso que to haces, no pude

this album is such a good all the way through listen.  there are touching downtempo moments at the end, but the bops are all in the front.

26.  tricot - 10

genre: math rock, pop rock

fave songs: track 10, warp

they released TWO albums and the latter one is my personal choice.  its got more pop moments but also just overall a blend of more eclectic moments that make it stand out, along with gorgeous singing and melodies.

25.  jennifer touch - behind the wall

genre: ebm, electropop

fave songs: chemistry, teflon

its a great synthwave type album, very heavy on the instrumentals and not so much on the vocals.  vocals do give me very 80s early new wave kinda feeling like gina x peformance and siouxsie.  one of the most underrated albums of the year thanks @pearlmercury for the rec.

24.  sevdaliza - shabrang

genre: trip hop, art pop

fave songs: wallflower, oh my god, darkest hour

i was actually not a fan of ison because  thought it was too repetitive and lengthy, but she gave us just the right amount of versatility this album, which made the length not only bearable, but enjoyable.  talk about a glow up!  theres trip hop moments, uk bass moments, etc.  overall just more of the same but way better for sev.

23.  hayley williams - petals for armor

genre: pop rock, art pop

fave songs: sugar on the rim, cinnamon, dead horse

hayley gave me everything i wanted this year and then some.  i love that she divided this album into 3 parts and i can see how the first is the more art rock category, second is more somber pop ballads, and the third is the BOPS.  well obviously i like disc 3 the most but 1 & 2 hold their own.

22.  victoria monet - jaguar

genre: r&b, disco

fave songs: jaguar, experience

lol, i guess this is an EP? i dont know, its an album on my list.  the two disco songs ARE the standouts but dont let that fool you, its good all the way through, from track 1 to track 9.  its a great length too.  we need more albums this length.

21.  21 savage / metro boomin - savage mode ii

genre: trap, hip hop

fave songs: steppin on n****s, runnin

i dont think i even heard one of his albums before this year, but im going to have to delve into his discography.  enjoyable rap songs.  

Kelly Lee untalented hack xo (just kidding I've just never liked her music I have no idea why, same with Holly Hernia or whatever her name was). Maybe I'll give this album a try.

idk why I'm surprised Rina is so high for you, would have thought you were a staunch "RINA IS BETTER" person and put it in the lower 40s/in a HM. Your top picks are mine plus Love Me 4 Me which you hate :heart: 

Lido, Victoria, and HAYLEY especially :clap3: 

I have Savage Mode II on my list to check out. Lemme check out Jam City due to the Kelela connection (whose album I recall not liking the year it came out and then SWITCHED the following January).

• ATRL Moderator

kmo.... well, idk.  i haven't heard it in a while but i remember being really really put off by sexercize and some of the middle songs.  i liked i was gonna cancel and sexy love.

well, relisten to it :cm: sexercize is a bop though people do too much on this album :thing: 

sawayama + petals for armor :heart: jaguar is cute too!

21 hours ago, Madame X said:

30.  kelly lee owens - inner song

genre: art pop, techno

fave songs: on, melt, arpeggi

ahhh yes :clap3:

This update is a total slay :jonny5:

Kelly, Hayley, 21, Rina, Victoria :jonny5:

Spoiler

im trying to stay off atrl but working from home is boring af, also after 2 drinks every night... 

The way I got 4 WPs on Christmas eve drunk dragging Adele fans. The mods will probably take me out for a month soon :lmao:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.