madonnas best of 2020 - AOTY ANNOUNCED

madonnas

7 minutes ago, Madame X said:

which mb song, its probably only if you want it, anyway yes you do :giraffe: 

Yes that exactly, does she have multiple projects, which one is the best, is OIYWI attached to any? :giraffe:

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• madonnas

• Blue Rose

• Legend E

• BlackoutZone

• ATRL Moderator
5 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Yes that exactly, does she have multiple projects, which one is the best, is OIYWI attached to any? :giraffe:

i think oiywi is NOT, which is weird since its their most popular song.

a little rhythm is a more fleshed out project but its not their best.

then they have two mini mixes, one last year and one this year.

i say one of the mini mixes tbh, then a little rhythm since it does have some very good songs. 

Listened to Slime now, it's nice :jamming: She's for the streets bitch :gaycat6:

BB is a nice hyperpop'd moment :smile:

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Psycho said:

Listened to Slime now, it's nice :jamming: She's for the streets bitch :gaycat6:

BB is a nice hyperpop'd moment :smile:

funnily enough... slime is the one thats produced by sophie ::celestial3:

1 minute ago, Madame X said:

funnily enough... slime is the one thats produced by sophie ::celestial3:

Oh wow, I like some Sophie productions like Bitch I'm Madame X and Charli's sings (moreso than Sophie's own songs)

SOPHIE - Page 4 - Music - LanaBoards - Lana Del Rey Forum

Not that meme-worthy cover!!! Magdalena Bay appearing again. I approve.

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Psycho said:

Oh wow, I like some Sophie productions like Bitch I'm Madame X and Charli's sings (moreso than Sophie's own songs)

i love it when she produces random artists that you had no idea would collab with her.... hint for my songs list :mandown:

1 hour ago, Sunderland 4ever said:

Not that meme-worthy cover!!! Magdalena Bay appearing again. I approve.

you need a meme worthy cover in these days to get noticed!! 

Haven't listened to any of the projects from the new update so I'm just gonna say Not Shy is a forward-thinking masterpiece ahead of its time and I'm glad you included it in the list

U2WzwYR.gif

The shygirl cover is making me cackle. :skull: I guess she's worth a stream for that alone. (Also, slutty as a descriptor interests me!)

EDIT: I liked the EP a lot more than I figured I would when seeing fans of PC music would like it. PC music is NOT for me, but this EP was really good. SLIME is addictive, listening on repeat right now. :WAP:

• ATRL Moderator
10 hours ago, Kevin2803 said:

I have no idea who most artists in your top 5 are, but this cover kinda slays (in a disturbing way):

ShygirlALIAS.jpg

It looks like those TikToks where people put their faces on inanimate objects :rip:

I saw it coming. Maybe one day i'll see the light. I recognize India, Xtine and Magdalena ofc. Just previewed I Don't Know What I Want from Lynks and wtf at the video :rip: I see what you mean now. 

• ATRL Moderator

NzB6SXx.png

160.  austra - risk it

genre: synth pop 

for fans of: tr/st, zola jesus

a cute bop.  i needed a solid number so i added this song in.

159.  riki - napoleon

genre: darkwave

for fans of: tr/st, siouxsie and the banshees

its a pretty faithful gothic synthpop interpretation, which is am totally 100% into.

158.  brave girls - we ride

genre: kpop, city pop

for fans of: yukika, nugu girl groups

found out about this today, if i knew about it earlier it would probably be 50 or so spots higher.

157.  katy perry - teary eyes

genre: pop, dance pop

for fans of: chromatica, this is what the truth feels like

a good katy perry cut, congrats miss perry.

156.  lotic - cocky

genre: art pop

for fans of: le1f, klein

i hate and love this at the same time.  but i do love it, so here you go.

155.  astrid s - dance dance dance

genre: mall pop

for fans of: ava max, alice chater

d list pop girl trying to have her own dancing on my own moment.  its good for what it is, and we all are in the mood for stuff like this sometimes.

154.  utada - time

genre: jpop, rnb

for fans of: shiina ringo, utada in general

the outro section takes this song to another level.  spent a good amount of the year forgetting about this song so it got placed relatively low because of it.  thats a lot of songs in the first two updates. 

153.  marina - man's world

genre: pop

for fans of: marina's froot era

yeah, she's good at giving us froot leftovers and ill eat it up.  her songwriting is super camp and i love singing along to it.

152.  everglow - la di da

genre: synthpop, kpop

for fans of: weeknd, twice

this is basically a rehash of blinding lights by a kpop girl group.  it has a strong chorus.

151.  purity ring - better off alone

genre: synth pop, trance

for fans of: early y2k dance classics

a good cover that does the original justice by giving the song a new feeling instead of just a boring rehash.

150.  naeem - woo woo woo

genre: hip hop, art pop

for fans of: le1f, cloud rap, shygirl

yeah, this is spank rock who's been kind of hit and miss his entire career but his album this year had some really good songs.  i truly enjoy the sorta manic group energy going on here and amanda blank makes a return and it brings me back to when i was 17 and stanning her lmao.

149.  wjsn chocome - hmph!

genre: kpop

for fans of: crayon pop

its one of these crayon-pop esque pop songs from a wjsn subunit.  theres always a few songs released that sound like ths, and well this is the best one we got this year!  it has good replay value.

148.  miley cyrus - wtf do i know

genre: pop rock

for fans of: cant be tamed, 80s cheese.

yeah, this is a really really good intro to her album, its a song that works as a "this is the new me" statement.  and, in spite of it being miley cyrus, i actually buy it!

147.  honey dijon - la femme fantastique

genre: house

for fans of: cakes da killa/azealia banks, ballroom voguing type music

hmmm yes honey work slay etc.  this is a really fun song.

146.  harunemuri - ファンファーレ

genre: noise rock, pop rock

for fans of: anybody who likes rock music should like this

ah yes, the best song on her ep is probably the first or the fifth.  i couldn't choose so i just picked this.  seriously get the **** into her if you haven't already.

145.  asap ferg - move ya hips

genre: hip hop

for fans of: mainstream hip hop club songs

really really really good chorus, it sticks in your head for days on end.  nicki delivers too. 

144.  confidence man - first class bitch

genre: nu disco, electroclash

for fans of: deee lite, magdalena bay

i love the sound that confidence man have carved out, this is more of the same from their debut.

143.  troye sivan - stud

for fans of: tumblrcore, halsey

ugh i know this shouldn't be my pick from the ep but i just can't help but love the lyrics to death, its a tumblr pop song that rises above the rest.

142.  shinichiro yokota - space station

genre: house

for fans of: little boots, she's featured on it

AH thank you to @Ewan Chaos for telling me of this songs existence.  well, it can't be that high if i just found out about it.

141.  park hye jin - like this

genre: deep house, outsider house

for fans of: sad girl electronic music, peggy gou

this is the essential song off of her ep.  its got lots of great asmr vibes.

140.  seth bogart - oh bondage up yours

genre: pop rock, dance punk

for fans of: late 70s punk

omg this samples an x ray spex songs (same title) that is an absolute classic, so its obviously my favorite off his second album.  honestly if you liked his first, you'd like his second album, but probably not as much.

139.  keiyaa - hvnli

genre: alt rnb

for fans of: kilo kish

omggg, she's so good, this is her most addictive song and probably the best introduction to her stellar album.

138.  la roux - 21st century

for fans of: christine and the queens, chillwave

she got the chill tropical synth pop deadpan sound perfected at this point.

137.  lianne la havas - weird fishes

genre: neo soul

for fans of: radiohead? india arie

this is a really powerful and well done radiohead cover.  her vocals take me there.

136.  cakes da killa - don dada

genre: house, hip house

for fans of: azealia banks

the standout from his ep which i covered earlier, its got a very memorable hook which makes me come back to it frequently.

135.  maurice fulton - jigoo

genre: deep house

for fans of: park hye jin, yaeji

so this song is a collaboration with peggy gou, so if you liked what peggy gou had to offer last year, you will like this song.

134.  jazmine sullivan - pick up your feelings

genre: contemporary rnb

for fans of: 00s rnb

jazmine is really good at telling a story and painting a lyrical picture, while still making the song super melodic.

133.  melt yourself down - 100% yes

genre: post punk

for fans of: parquet courts, sons of kemet

this is sort of post punk meets 90s ska.  if that sounds interesting to you, check it out.

132.  kylie minogue - where does the dj go?

genre: disco! (actually, nu disco and electroclash)

for fans of: future nostalgia

im a sucker for a slow start to a fast paced song.

131. sg lewis - impact

genre: disco, electropop

for fans of: dev hynes and robyn

i looove the vocalist, and robyn sounds like a beautiful banshee screeching in the background.

• ATRL Moderator

sorry about my phoned in writeups, ill get more detailed once we get to the top ~75 or so.  i can't write a long thought out essay for 160 songs wont do it.  hopefully yall check it out if it sounds interesting. 

Teary Eyes, Time, Man's World, La Di Da, Wtf Do I Know, Where Does The DJ Go?, Impact :jonny5:

Mess i forgot purity ring cover Better Off Alone :skull: It's a cute cover that makes me want to listen the OG

157.  katy perry - teary eyes

153.  marina - man's world

152.  everglow - la di da

148.  miley cyrus - wtf do i know

143.  troye sivan - stud

132.  kylie minogue - where does the dj go?

:clap3:

1 hour ago, Madame X said:

purity ring - better off alone

An Alice Deejay cover? I'm up for it! *minutes later* I liked it. I sounds a bit dreamer, more atmospheric than the original version.

Edited by Sunderland 4ever

• ATRL Moderator
7 hours ago, Supervillain said:

Haven't listened to any of the projects from the new update so I'm just gonna say Not Shy is a forward-thinking masterpiece ahead of its time and I'm glad you included it in the list

U2WzwYR.gif

YOU ARE CORRECT, i am glad you appreciate art

U2WzwYR.gif

5 hours ago, Hug said:

The shygirl cover is making me cackle. :skull: I guess she's worth a stream for that alone. (Also, slutty as a descriptor interests me!)

EDIT: I liked the EP a lot more than I figured I would when seeing fans of PC music would like it. PC music is NOT for me, but this EP was really good. SLIME is addictive, listening on repeat right now. :WAP:

Ahhh yes, another one.  slime is amazing.  the cover doing the trick :clap3: 

5 hours ago, jpow said:

It looks like those TikToks where people put their faces on inanimate objects :rip:

!!!

1 minute ago, Sunderland 4ever said:

An Alice Deejay cover? Let me check it. *minutes later* I liked it. I sounds a bit dreamer, more atmospheric than the original version.

hm, yeah its basically purity ring's signature sound doing an alice deejay cover.  sadl, its the only great thing they've done in years.

5 hours ago, Tom Vercetti said:

I saw it coming. Maybe one day i'll see the light. I recognize India, Xtine and Magdalena ofc. Just previewed I Don't Know What I Want from Lynks and wtf at the video :rip: I see what you mean now. 

you will.  kinda surprised you don't tbh, but we all have your idiosynchrosies 

did you like idkwiw though :katie2:

1 hour ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

Teary Eyes, Time, Man's World, La Di Da, Wtf Do I Know, Where Does The DJ Go?, Impact :jonny5:

Mess i forgot purity ring cover Better Off Alone :skull: It's a cute cover that makes me want to listen the OG

i kinda like the cover more than anything on their album :rip: 

1 hour ago, Ava Max said:

157.  katy perry - teary eyes

153.  marina - man's world

152.  everglow - la di da

148.  miley cyrus - wtf do i know

143.  troye sivan - stud

132.  kylie minogue - where does the dj go?

:clap3:

glad you enjoyed these!  final entries for every artist though lol

• ATRL Moderator

posted a new set. :-* 

Spoiler
8 hours ago, Psycho said:

8 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

On 12/5/2020 at 5:28 PM, Blue Rose said:

For You EP is full of bops :jonny:

Xtine :clap3: I hope we get an LP next time.

Check out Blue Hawaii’s EP :giraffe: 

On 12/5/2020 at 5:52 PM, elvenOCEAN said:

Yes, Live Without Your Love.

I've listened to the blue hawaii EP and I find it excellent!

Feelin' - Let It Be Us - Where Are the Keys??? :alexz2:

23 hours ago, Legend E said:

idk them

ShygirlALIAS.jpg

22 hours ago, ARTPØP said:

Lots of interesting choices :jonny6: so many artists I need to check out 

21 hours ago, Pink Matter said:

I feel like it would be so hard to find EPs :rip: 

Didn't know there was an entire EP for Love Regenerator :skull: The Steve Lacy jingle was cute though.

Not much of a fan of Megan but Savage (Remix) is obviously a highlight

Need to give Christine a spin (I think I listened to it once but I don't remember too well)

I feel Shygirl... isn't for me lol, which sucks cuz it seems the #indieheauxs stan her down.

16 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

La vita nuova is masterpiece :jonny: her best project to date, even tho I loved her first two records and EPs

15 hours ago, Lazuli said:

i keep seeing the #1 everywhere and it just FREAKS me out

xtine and the queens :clap3: imagine if it stretched out into a full album... woo lawd the collapse 

15 hours ago, potent said:

Christine :jonny5:

lowkey I thought people hadn't really cared about her this year, so it is good to see her getting appreciation on the Best Ofs

15 hours ago, Wicked said:

I've only heard 3 of those EPs, so... Thankfully, I liked all 3 (Cakes, Megan & shy girl)

15 hours ago, Kevin2803 said:

I have no idea who most artists in your top 5 are, but this cover kinda slays (in a disturbing way):

ShygirlALIAS.jpg

15 hours ago, perpetual novice said:

ALIAS. :clap3:

10 hours ago, Delta said:

I'm so ignorant about this set. I better discover them :giraffe:

8 hours ago, bluth said:

omg @ my recommendation making your top three. i am so proud. 

i would probs have the same top four. a part of me agrees that i want a full release from magdalena bay but also their mini mixes frankly **** all over their fuller bodies of work (e.g. a little rhythm ep) 

On 12/4/2020 at 3:21 PM, mokitsu said:

Mariposa is so nastyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy i'm in love with this. where was she???? this cyber reggaeton sound >>> (check out maria escarmiento!)

I listened to Venice before how did i miss this MB release :skull: i definitely appreciate these more structured releases and pop songs with PC music influences than the usual hyperpop messy sound

I liked Miss Keta and Molina on a first listen too (and Molina is so pretty wtf :jonny: )

On 12/4/2020 at 3:55 PM, Delta said:

Raye and Troye were my favorites from the last two sets :heart:

On 12/4/2020 at 5:51 PM, Oni said:

Bookmarked that M¥SS KETA EP, I really love it wow!

really loving the diversity here :clap3:

On 12/4/2020 at 7:34 PM, Staryu said:

Only listened to Suga out of those but I really liked it (better than her album tbh) Captain Hook >> 

On 12/4/2020 at 7:51 PM, Remmy said:

Exclusive 2019 songs~ Door, Want You In My Room & Secret... delicious!!!!!
EPs~ The best tracks on Die 4 Ur Love are my top 2 yup yup. Gonna listen to Euphoric Love Songs before I finalize my list but Love of Your Life is nice. A Little Rhythm & In a Dream are both incredible :worship: M. Bay's mini songs don't really interest me but their main EPs are solid thus far.

Ready to see what else is on the way :foxaylove: 

On 12/5/2020 at 8:38 AM, TRF. said:

Isabella Lovestory PUNTO!!!!

On 12/5/2020 at 10:11 AM, Mezik said:

Megan thee Stallion & Troye's EPs were quite cute. They know how to serve consistent quality. :clap3: :jamming: 

On 12/5/2020 at 1:44 PM, skankle said:

Nnn Kitty is still going? I thought she faded away with the rest of that Kreayshawn era bunch. I never got over the youtube comment that said she looks like she smells like McDonalds.

Yes Magdalena Bay stanning :clap3: I might give Troye a shot, I've just found him so bland and flat before.

On 12/5/2020 at 5:25 PM, K$Ellie said:

Not Shy absolutely horrible! Surf was cute enough thought and I sometimes ironically bop to the title track bc of how bad it is :fan:

the Kai mini was meh for me :mandown: I counted Raye as and album, it was very cute, especially Love Me Again which is excellent :jonny5: 

Suga isn't good overall but has 2 of her best songs :smitten: Magdalena was nice enough, not any standouts like Ghost tho :katie:

Love seeing Loona praise ofc but XX is amazing btw :fan: and Troye's slapped too :heart2: lovely #1 as well whew :smitten:

also I'm skipping thru this Tei Shi EP and it sounds good, regretting not having listened before :jonny2:

Teary Eyes & Dance Dance Dance are good :alexz3: The latter being one of just TWO (2) songs from a ten (10) track album. Got into Confidence Man months ago but FCB didn't do it for me :matty: Impact is cute enough, expected a bit better though. STUD :gaycatney3::gaycatney3: WTF Do I Know yup absolutely! Easy album highlight and excellent opening track

Teary Eyes and WTF Do I Know :clap3:

Teary Eyes :celestial4:

Dance Dance Dance :WAP: for fans of Ava Max indeed :clap3:

Man's World is cute but doesn't touch Froot :thing:

La Di Da, WTF Do I Know, Where Does The DJ Go?, Impact all bops :katie2:

• ATRL Moderator

Yes thank you earlier for telling me about the Better Off Alone cover, I've been listening to it pretty regularly since!

21st Century is definitely a standout on Supervision :clap3: Impact is my favorite SG Lewis track, but basically because anything Robyn touches turns into a masterpiece :jonny:

yeah I get what you're saying about Stud lyrically lol, is that Troye's only song here though? :emofish:

Where Does the DJ Go :katie2: Kylie served this year

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.