madonnas best of 2020 - AOTY ANNOUNCED

madonnas

Damn y'all listen to so many EPs. Glad to see In a Dream being a staple on all the lists I've seen so far and I love to see the whole 12:00 love however I really do prefer XX after all, their pre-ITZY'd projects had more identity idk, of course Mix & Match remains unmatched.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• madonnas

• Blue Rose

• Legend E

• Ewan Chaos

Mariposa is so nastyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy i'm in love with this. where was she???? this cyber reggaeton sound >>> (check out maria escarmiento!)

I listened to Venice before how did i miss this MB release :skull: i definitely appreciate these more structured releases and pop songs with PC music influences than the usual hyperpop messy sound

I liked Miss Keta and Molina on a first listen too (and Molina is so pretty wtf :jonny: )

• ATRL Moderator
13 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

No cause... I started reading the list and was like "ahhh :clap3:" and then I saw they are all below Not Shy :confused:

Switch its place with KAI's mini which was really good and imo better than most of TAEMIN's output this year :mandown:

11 hours ago, mokitsu said:

LMFAOOOOOO same

park hye jin, kai and tei shi ate :clap3: let me check out cake cuz i didnt know he came back.

11 hours ago, Lazuli said:

Not Shy :biblio: If It'Z Me isn't higher then I'm revolting 

8 hours ago, ikiru said:

kai, raye and planet 1999 wow :jonny5: let me just ignore the fact that they’re all below itzy :skull:

:rip: @ the panning of this itzy mini.  had no idea!  and no their other mini wont be making it :dancehall: 

• ATRL Moderator
Spoiler
13 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

No cause... I started reading the list and was like "ahhh :clap3:" and then I saw they are all below Not Shy :confused:

Switch its place with KAI's mini which was really good and imo better than most of TAEMIN's output this year :mandown:

i didn't pay much attention to taemin this year :blush: but i felt like they had similar vibes.

11 hours ago, mokitsu said:

wait @ kitty coming back too :deadbanana2:i checked out her album last year and it was honestly dreadful but im listening to the EP and its already much better omg

she's always releasing something.  i like that, but she's def past her prime which was prob around 2013/2014.

8 hours ago, Sunderland 4ever said:

I like this one. It's got a couple of tracks with really nice beats.

did you enjoy her previous work? which one did you like more?

8 hours ago, KasioKas said:

Yeah raye's ep was not her best work, I expected better. 

hm, yeah, she has yet to top her song shh.

8 hours ago, jpow said:

wow oh wow at the amount of taste already but that's to be expected with you :clap3:

I forgot about Calvin's little side project until now, but he had several bops that came out from that. 

I've been listening to more Tei Shi after seeing her in several lists and I'm really liking what I hear.  The title track is a bop :WAP:

ITZY slaying, though nothing from their EP is as good as ICY imo

have you heard her albums? i remember liking the debut more than the sophomore.   and also this bop before either of them:

https://open.spotify.com/track/0jGayco2vDiq3kMpPFN2bI?si=bqH78ud-TPav2KQdOFRuQw

7 hours ago, Psycho said:

I use Nothing On Me, Amnesia and Ride Or Die from KAI but I only listened like twice so far nnn

Not Shy is cute, but Surf and Be In Love are great B-sides

RAYE was so good :clap3:

3 songs for a kpop mini is good, if im being honest. 

7 hours ago, Blue Rose said:

I loved Love Regenerator by Calvin. Bit I didn’t bother listening to part 2 :lmao: 

Raye’s album is solid too 

mess, at least you knew it existed :rip:

7 hours ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

Ahh so glad you update. Hope everything is alright :heart:

The descriptions are definitely interesting but i'm screaming at Itzy description though :ahh: You aren't lying nn

But i really interested with Tei Shi since my friends has been recommended her music to me for quite sometime. I also haven't listen to Kai & Raye. I should check it out

tei shi is super hit and miss but i think she appeals to a broad amt of people.  raye is pretty atrl-friendly.

2 hours ago, dreamofyou said:

in a dream, yup taste

the way i don't know most of these:emofish: luckily this can be used to discover more music though:mandown:

please let me know if you made any good discoveries.

2 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

Damn y'all listen to so many EPs. Glad to see In a Dream being a staple on all the lists I've seen so far and I love to see the whole 12:00 love however I really do prefer XX after all, their pre-ITZY'd projects had more identity idk, of course Mix & Match remains unmatched.

i dont even know how i listened to so many, when i went back i realized that i had so many :rip:

max & match is BY FAR the best loona-related project.  not even close if im being honest, but for the whole group thing, 12:00 was the best thing ive heard yet.  i love a lot of their early solo singles with b sides though.

2 hours ago, mokitsu said:

Mariposa is so nastyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy i'm in love with this. where was she???? this cyber reggaeton sound >>> (check out maria escarmiento!)

I listened to Venice before how did i miss this MB release :skull: i definitely appreciate these more structured releases and pop songs with PC music influences than the usual hyperpop messy sound

I liked Miss Keta and Molina on a first listen too (and Molina is so pretty wtf :jonny: )

AHH! im glad someone listened to what im writing.  i haven't heard of maria e but i like ms nina, are they similar?  and as for mb, i feel like they appeal to the same people who like hyperpop and such, but i wouldn't consider them pc music or pc music adjacent.  they kind of are carving out their own niche/sound thats unique to them.

1 hour ago, Delta said:

Raye and Troye were my favorites from the last two sets :heart:

have you heard any other?  what  are your favorite songs?

love regenerator was a big disappointment. I liked one song... :noparty:

Pretty much the same goes for in a dream, although I did really love Take Yourself Home. Now that was so refreshing! Other I can't comment on as I haven't heard them. I am, however, interested in Park Hye Jin and blue hawaii and will be giving them a listen later!

Edited by elvenOCEAN

Only listened to Suga out of those but I really liked it (better than her album tbh) Captain Hook >> 

Exclusive 2019 songs~ Door, Want You In My Room & Secret... delicious!!!!!
EPs~ The best tracks on Die 4 Ur Love are my top 2 yup yup. Gonna listen to Euphoric Love Songs before I finalize my list but Love of Your Life is nice. A Little Rhythm & In a Dream are both incredible :worship: M. Bay's mini songs don't really interest me but their main EPs are solid thus far.

Ready to see what else is on the way :foxaylove: 

I've seen that troye ep posted on a lot of other lists. Based on your descriptions, gonna take a peek on isabella lovestory and blue hawaii. 

2 hours ago, Madame X said:

AHH! im glad someone listened to what im writing.  i haven't heard of maria e but i like ms nina, are they similar?  and as for mb, i feel like they appeal to the same people who like hyperpop and such, but i wouldn't consider them pc music or pc music adjacent.  they kind of are carving out their own niche/sound thats unique to them.

maria is more chill / moody than ms nina and isabella, she doesn't go as hard with sexual lyrics but her songs are equally as catchy and the production is unique too, this is my fav from her

and yeah i love discovering new stuff thru these so it's great when ppl write about the genres and the releases

We stan Troye, although it's interesting to see everyone liking the EP better than Bloom, I honestly had no idea that was the case

Honestly I'm not familiar with the others, Blue Hawaii sounds kinda interesting though

Magdalena Bay, literally just discovered them from Tom's list so I'll check out the full EP!

omg Blue Hawaii I TOTALLY should have put them in my EP list as well (it easily would have been top 10) because of the length but because RYM calls it a mixtape I put it in my full album list sjdksljdsl. Not My Boss is so SASSY and SNIPPY I love it.

18 hours ago, Madame X said:

11.  magdalena bay - a little rhythm and a wicked feeling

I keep thinking that's an LP. It's got 8 tracks, so I get confused pretty often. Venice is so good.

Isabella Lovestory PUNTO!!!!

Megan thee Stallion & Troye's EPs were quite cute. They know how to serve consistent quality. :clap3: :jamming: 

Nnn Kitty is still going? I thought she faded away with the rest of that Kreayshawn era bunch. I never got over the youtube comment that said she looks like she smells like McDonalds.

Yes Magdalena Bay stanning :clap3: I might give Troye a shot, I've just found him so bland and flat before.

In a Dream is my favorite Troye release to date :jonny: I hope he continues in that direction

same with RAYE basically 

• ATRL Moderator
Spoiler
22 hours ago, Oni said:

Bookmarked that M¥SS KETA EP, I really love it wow!

really loving the diversity here :clap3:

its so good, she has two albums too!  i recommend her sophomore, its more fleshed out.

21 hours ago, elvenOCEAN said:

love regenerator was a big disappointment. I liked one song... :noparty:

Pretty much the same goes for in a dream, although I did really love Take Yourself Home. Now that was so refreshing! Other I can't comment on as I haven't heard them. I am, however, interested in Park Hye Jin and blue hawaii and will be giving them a listen later!

which song? prob the lacey one right?  blue hawaii is very listener/atrl friendly, so i say go with that!

20 hours ago, Staryu said:

Only listened to Suga out of those but I really liked it (better than her album tbh) Captain Hook >> 

you need to check out some of the others!  i agree ab that though.  i was so hyped for her album too lol. 

20 hours ago, Remmy said:

Exclusive 2019 songs~ Door, Want You In My Room & Secret... delicious!!!!!
EPs~ The best tracks on Die 4 Ur Love are my top 2 yup yup. Gonna listen to Euphoric Love Songs before I finalize my list but Love of Your Life is nice. A Little Rhythm & In a Dream are both incredible :worship: M. Bay's mini songs don't really interest me but their main EPs are solid thus far.

Ready to see what else is on the way :foxaylove: 

love of your life is a bop, its def a future nostalgia rejec t though :rip: 

20 hours ago, Tom Vercetti said:

I've seen that troye ep posted on a lot of other lists. Based on your descriptions, gonna take a peek on isabella lovestory and blue hawaii. 

do it!!!!!!  i think you'd like both of them.  

20 hours ago, mokitsu said:

maria is more chill / moody than ms nina and isabella, she doesn't go as hard with sexual lyrics but her songs are equally as catchy and the production is unique too, this is my fav from her

and yeah i love discovering new stuff thru these so it's great when ppl write about the genres and the releases

ok i luv luv luv luv this.  i just saw on rym she has an album out too? gonna check it out. 

20 hours ago, Legend E said:

euphoric love songs is soo good :WAP: 

fave song?

18 hours ago, potent said:

We stan Troye, although it's interesting to see everyone liking the EP better than Bloom, I honestly had no idea that was the case

Honestly I'm not familiar with the others, Blue Hawaii sounds kinda interesting though

i think the reason i like it more is because bloom had some filler tracks, and this one doesn't really, so its more bang for your buck, in terms of time.  you'd like blue hawaii!

16 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

Magdalena Bay, literally just discovered them from Tom's list so I'll check out the full EP!

omg Blue Hawaii I TOTALLY should have put them in my EP list as well (it easily would have been top 10) because of the length but because RYM calls it a mixtape I put it in my full album list sjdksljdsl. Not My Boss is so SASSY and SNIPPY I love it.

omg! i can't believe you just discovered them!  they have a lot of good material out there.  they have 2 mini mixes (highly recommend!!) and then this one EP.  they also have a song called only if you want it which is probably their best full length song so far.  so yeah, a lot of material for a new act.  they're totally up your alley!

hm, i wonder where bh will land then :jonny: 

8 hours ago, Sunderland 4ever said:

I keep thinking that's an LP. It's got 8 tracks, so I get confused pretty often. Venice is so good.

oomg, well its billed as an EP but it could pass for a lp.  in the streaming era, theres a lot of gray area.

7 hours ago, TRF. said:

Isabella Lovestory PUNTO!!!!

i knew you would stan her.  btw i need to see your albums/songs lists now!

6 hours ago, Mezik said:

Megan thee Stallion & Troye's EPs were quite cute. They know how to serve consistent quality. :clap3: :jamming: 

well, idk if i'd call megan consistent, but she's talented!

2 hours ago, skankle said:

Nnn Kitty is still going? I thought she faded away with the rest of that Kreayshawn era bunch. I never got over the youtube comment that said she looks like she smells like McDonalds.

Yes Magdalena Bay stanning :clap3: I might give Troye a shot, I've just found him so bland and flat before.

yeah omg that's kind of accurate, she's a joke to a lot of ppl but she actually is pretty good and ive been a fan for a long time.  i think shes talented and understands her niche and sound well.

2 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

In a Dream is my favorite Troye release to date :jonny: I hope he continues in that direction

same with RAYE basically 

you like it more than take yourself home?!

ok, am gonna finish EPs rn! 

• ATRL Moderator

njsD6dY.png

5.  india jordan - for you

genre: house, french house

descriptors: danceable, immediate

for fans of: kelly lee owens, ela minus

best songs: for you, rave city

so yeah, this is accessible house music for fans of music thatrs more pop/immediately satisfying.  its a pretty simple ep with no flairs or gimmicks, just bops and fun house music.  i dont really think its particularly inventive but it does it well.  i love that all the songs are super fast paced too, great for those of us with no attention spans.

4.  magdalena bay - mini mix vol 2

genre: synth pop, art pop

descriptors: manic, production showcase.

for fans of: pc music/hyperpop, grimes

best songs: body, sky2fall

so this "mini mixtape" (im just calling it an ep lol) kinda tricks you, as live4ever sounds like their most charli song ever, but then it switches the script and gives you their most sonically advanturous material they have done so far!  its addictive and engaging but the only flaw is that its too ****ing short.  seriously, you have to listen to it like 3x to get the full experience, thats how good it is and how much more i want.  full versions, please.  this is definitely an improvement from mini mix vol 1 which was great, though maybe more hook driven.

3.  lynks - smash hits, vol 1

genre: electroclash

descriptors: tacky, ranting

for fans of: peaches, fischerspooner

best songs: i dont know what i want, str8 acting

ok, this is some random british twink who is making electroclash with lots of early 80s new wave reference.  its totally up my alley, and it has really dry and tacky humor which i appreciate.  kinda cringe, but in the perfect way.  his vocal style is fast paced and very rant-y and he even covers a courtney barnett song (though thats not on this release) to give you an idea of his vocal style.  i think this is a super underrated release!!

2.  christine and the queens - la vita nuova

genre: synth pop

descriptors: romance

for fans of: everybody should like this

best songs: i disappear in your arms, la vita nuova

ahh, can you believe there was a time when i thought miss christine was a boring artist? boy have things changed as shes quickly becoming one of my favorite artist.  and holy ****, a caroline polachek collaboration thats near flawless.  there are some lovely heartwrenching ballads on this too like the lead single people ive been sad.  shes just all around showing us what she can do with only 5 tracks. 

• ATRL Moderator

1.  shygirl - alias

ShygirlALIAS.jpg

genre: uk bass, industrial hip hop

descriptors: slutty, cocky

for fans of: m.i.a., pc music, arca

best songs: freak, siren, leng

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.  honestly, this ep seems like something created in a laboratory made just to please me.  who else is making industrial slut pop like shygirl? nobody, because nobody has carved out this niche before.  

Edited by Madame X

• ATRL Moderator

full ep list:

Spoiler
  1. shygirl - alias
  2. christine and the queens - la vita nuova
  3. lynks - smash hits vol 1
  4. magdalena bay - mini mix 2
  5. india jordan - for you
  6. myss keta - Il cielo non è un limite
  7. blue hawaii - under 1 house
  8. troye sivan - in a dream
  9. molina - vanilla shell
  10. koto - 琴虎飯店
  11. magdalena bay - a little rhythm and a wicked feeling
  12. loona - 12:00
  13. pva - toner
  14. isabella lovestory - mariposa
  15. harunemuri - lovetheism
  16. cakes da killa - muvaland
  17. itzy - not shy
  18. planet 1999 - devotion
  19. park hye jin - like this
  20. kitty - charm and mirror
  21. megan thee stallion - suga
  22. tei shi - die 4 ur love
  23. raye - euphoric sad songs
  24. kai - kai
  25. love regenerator - love regenerator 1

i couldn't really care about shygirl sadly... christine's ep was good, but i think im getting tired of her "shtick". i agree that the Caroline collab was next level tho.

i listened to india jordan the other day b/c of another list and i liked it! lynks is so british :dies: and hot too

let me listen to the magdalena release since i liked the one you put yesterday.

Not Shy absolutely horrible! Surf was cute enough thought and I sometimes ironically bop to the title track bc of how bad it is :fan:

the Kai mini was meh for me :mandown: I counted Raye as and album, it was very cute, especially Love Me Again which is excellent :jonny5: 

Suga isn't good overall but has 2 of her best songs :smitten: Magdalena was nice enough, not any standouts like Ghost tho :katie:

Love seeing Loona praise ofc but XX is amazing btw :fan: and Troye's slapped too :heart2: lovely #1 as well whew :smitten:

also I'm skipping thru this Tei Shi EP and it sounds good, regretting not having listened before :jonny2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.