Saweetie f/ Doja Cat - "Best Friend"

dangerousalex

professor2000
On 11/28/2020 at 11:52 AM, Khamis said:

Oh no Doja. Not another flop collab? Her collabs must be worth $12 at this point

I’m a stan...but going to be honest here, she needs to STOP with the charity work.  Enough is enough.  Her team needs to be building up for DC3.  And she can’t do that with another pointless collab.  

If it ain’t Rihanna...SAVE IT.  

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dabunique

• dangerousalex

• FAN

• nooniebao

dangerousalex
43 minutes ago, professor2000 said:

I’m a stan...but going to be honest here, she needs to STOP with the charity work.  Enough is enough.  Her team needs to be building up for DC3.  And she can’t do that with another pointless collab.  

this collab is the first one we actually want since do it remix... she needs to stay in the R&B / rap girl collab lane and stop with the pop flop girls LOL

professor2000
7 hours ago, Nip Tuck said:

I mean she's kind've doing the same thing Nicki did at the start of her career and clearly that didn't devalue Nicki so :rip:

You made some points.  Lol! 

While I’m not exactly excited about the collab, I think she’ll be fine at the end of the day.  As long as the lead is good + has a great rollout.  I don’t think she’ll be “devalued”...but I do think they’re being unnecessary lol. 

professor2000
2 minutes ago, dangerousalex said:

this collab is the first one we actually want since do it remix... she needs to stay in the R&B / rap girl collab lane and stop with the pop flop girls LOL

:rip:

dangerousalex
2 minutes ago, professor2000 said:

:rip:

Anne Marie - To Be Young #N/A

Bebe Rexha - Baby I'm Jealous #58-OUT

Ozuna / Sia - Del Mar #N/A

not to say her rhythmic collabs aren't flopping too though

Chloe x Halle/City Girls/Mulatto - Do It Remix #N/A

Lil Wayne - Shimmy #N/A

:deadbanana2:

professor2000
Just now, dangerousalex said:

Anne Marie - To Be Young #N/A

Bebe Rexha - Baby I'm Jealous #58-OUT

Ozuna / Sia - Del Mar #N/A

not to say her rhythmic collabs aren't flopping too though

Chloe x Halle/City Girls/Mulatto - Do It Remix #N/A

Lil Wayne - Shimmy #N/A

:deadbanana2:

I believe the Ozuna song could’ve been a hit if it was a pre-album single.  

Like, HOW DARE these heaux feature Doja and NOT make it a pre-album single.  Like the Ariana collab we had been waiting months for.  And it’s not even a single.  IM PISSED.  :rip:

SN: City Girls ****ed to the “Do It” remix.  And it didn’t help CxH had already moved on to another single, when the remix dropped.  What kind of release strategy? :!ohno: :laugh: It’s sad that BEBE of all people was the one with a somewhat proper release. :laugh:

dangerousalex
5 minutes ago, professor2000 said:

I believe the Ozuna song could’ve been a hit if it was a pre-album single.  

Like, HOW DARE these heaux feature Doja and NOT make it a pre-album single.  Like the Ariana collab we had been waiting months for.  And it’s not even a single.  IM PISSED.  :rip:

SN: City Girls ****ed to the “Do It” remix.  And it didn’t help CxH had already moved on to another single, when the remix dropped.  What kind of release strategy? :!ohno: :laugh: It’s sad that BEBE of all people was the one with a somewhat proper release. :laugh:

del mar was a waste of money considering the BTS of the video showed most of it actually being a real set. Baby I'm Jealous needed more playlisting for it to do well because radio somewhat picked up on it but performances won't do anything.

9 hours ago, professor2000 said:

Exactly! My faves got dragged bc I pointed out a very obvious fact. Its truly charity work at this point and we dont need to help the needy ... or you will eventually be the needy sis  :biblio:

Edited by Khamis
Edit
3 minutes ago, dangerousalex said:

pushed back to January 8th.

cover art leaked

Lol just saw you post this. I wonder if Saweetie/her label will consider putting this out sooner? I’m guessing people in the know might already have the song.

chaneloberlin
5 minutes ago, dangerousalex said:

pushed back to January 8th.

cover art leaked

See this is why I didn't want to partake in the Saweetie Slander Session we were having in page 1 because she makes cute bops and this already sounds like a serve (eight looks in the video) and this could be this hit that both of them needs (Doja more than Saweetie because she is following up Tap In quite nicely). Perched for this! :heart:

3 minutes ago, chaneloberlin said:

See this is why I didn't want to partake in the Saweetie Slander Session we were having in page 1 because she makes cute bops and this already sounds like a serve (eight looks in the video) and this could be this hit that both of them needs (Doja more than Saweetie because she is following up Tap In quite nicely). Perched for this! :heart:

not you saying Doja needs a hit more than Saweetie :rip:

chaneloberlin
2 minutes ago, Nip Tuck said:

not you saying Doja needs a hit more than Saweetie :rip:

Of course it's you again. Like a moth to a flame huh?

Y'all have primed Doja on the internet to be the next Ms. Minaj, and a massive part of what has strengthened Nicki's commercial power was her hit features.

Since the "female unity!!!!!" hip hop song with JT & Miami didn't work, neither did the latin pop crossover song with Ozuna, or the very rhythmically charged collab with Bebe Rexha, I'm pretty sure you're not in any position to throw stones at any other female rapper when the glass house is already close to shattering.

Thanks Nip Tuck!

Always a pleasure

3 minutes ago, chaneloberlin said:

Of course it's you again. Like a moth to a flame huh?

Y'all have primed Doja on the internet to be the next Ms. Minaj, and a massive part of what has strengthened Nicki's commercial power was her hit features.

Since the "female unity!!!!!" hip hop song with JT & Miami didn't work, neither did the latin pop crossover song with Ozuna, or the very rhythmically charged collab with Bebe Rexha, I'm pretty sure you're not in any position to throw stones at any other female rapper when the glass house is already close to shattering.

Thanks Nip Tuck!

Always a pleasure

looks like I struck a nerve :rip: What's this "again"? I've literally never commented on Saweetie on this forum and I've always supported Doja??

I was referring to the fact Doja already has more hits than Saweetie and Hot Pink is literally the third most-streamed female rap album of all time. It wasn't even meant to be a diss towards Saweetie.

And I'm not sure why you're bringing up Doja's collaborations when literally none of Saweetie's have taken off either. 

I don't know who this "y'all" is but when we talk about Doja and Nicki we talk about their musical versatility more than their career trajectory. 

dangerousalex
21 minutes ago, chaneloberlin said:

Saweetie has an incredible team & label behind her with Warner. plus saweetie is a business woman and it’s clear she’s in it for the long run. idk why she would release “back to the streets” instead of this first after Tap In’s success but doja’s team probably made her hold off until around the new year (when Doja is expected to kick off era 3).

Regardless, Saweetie isn’t going anywhere anytime soon as she has an incredible work ethic, constant and consistent fan interaction on numerous platforms and many partnerships with companies. She’s a force to be reckoned with and i’m glad her & doja are linking up 

chaneloberlin
6 minutes ago, Nip Tuck said:

looks like I struck a nerve :rip: What's this "again"? I've literally never commented on Saweetie on this forum and I've always supported Doja??

I was referring to the fact Doja already has more hits than Saweetie and Hot Pink is literally the third most-streamed female rap album of all time. It wasn't even meant to be a diss towards Saweetie.

And I'm not sure why you're bringing up Doja's collaborations when literally none of Saweetie's have taken off either. 

I don't know who this "y'all" is but when we talk about Doja and Nicki we talk about their musical versatility more than their career trajectory. 

"Princess of rap" encompasses all of that, you (okay then maybe not you per se. but as far as the general opinions & consensus between a Nicki Minaj fan and a Doja Cat fan go) cannot take the versatility and leave out the subsequent commercial performance when the two should go hand in hand *at least it has in Nicki's case anyway*. I don't see anybody forcefully pushing the 'princess of rap' on Saweetie so how her features have performed weren't necessary to bring up :rip:

And I said you in larger font and red because another user had the exact thing I said in the first page but you replied to me, not them. & that was based off of our interaction in the GOOD NEWS thread too. 

6 minutes ago, dangerousalex said:

okay it seems like they forgot to delay the clean version :rip:

Such a mess.

On topic: I see why this didn't follow "Tap In". The more urban listeners would've completely written her off as super cheesy. "Back To The Streets" was the perfect balance for something hood chicks to bop to until the next single/full project. 

dangerousalex
3 minutes ago, EarStyle said:

Such a mess.

On topic: I see why this didn't follow "Tap In". The more urban listeners would've completely written her off as super cheesy. "Back To The Streets" was the perfect balance for something hood chicks to bop to until the next single/full project. 

Agreed. i think this is the perfect balance between the two singles and i can appreciate that.

what i can not appreciate is whoever on her team ****ed this release up this bad :toofunny2: