brainmaniac

Will Ariana gift Mariah her 20th #1 with Oh Santa?

Will Ariana gift Mariah her 20th #1 with Oh Santa?  

118 members have voted

  1. 1. Will Ariana gift Mariah her 20th #1 with Oh Santa?

    • Yes, Ariana will gift Mariah with her 20th #1 & JHUD’s 1st #1
    • No, but Ariana will gift Mariah & JHUD with a Top 10 single, which would be JHUD’s 1st Top 10
    • No, Ariana will gift Mariah & JHUD with a Don’t Call Me Angel sized flop
  2. 2. If Oh Santa fails to hit #1 who is to blame?

    • Ariana, since the song’s success is primarily her responsibility and the stats for Positions show her chart power is dying down
    • Mariah, for thinking the public would enjoy her Christmas songs besides All I Want For Christmas Is You
    • JHUD, since she has never had any hits in her entire life & would contribute little to no chart power


Recommended Posts

brainmaniac

This year, Ariana Grande generously helped gift Lady Gaga her 5th #1 single and Justin Bieber his 6th #1 single :gaygacat3:

 

With her intense streaming powers and Christmas just around the corner, will Ariana gift Mariah her 20th #1 single on The Hot 100 & JHUD her 1st #1 single on The Hot 100 with their duet of Oh Santa? :1stplace:
 

Or will this be a Don’t Call Me Angel sized flop where even Ariana’s chart power could not help those who needed more help than she could offer like Miley Cyrus and Lana Del Rey? :dancehall3:

Edited by brainmaniac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HonourableVomit

All I Want For Christmas Is You is bigger than Mariah Carey, I wouldn't exactly call it her own personal power because that song has a life of its own particularly for the retail industry. She doesn't have any other Christmas hits despite having 2 albums full of recordings so why would this one take off? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smarticle
2 minutes ago, HonourableVomit said:

All I Want For Christmas Is You is bigger than Mariah Carey, I wouldn't exactly call it her own personal power because that song has a life of its own particularly for the retail industry. She doesn't have any other Christmas hits despite having 2 albums full of recordings so why would this one take off? 

does bb count retail industry streams? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Goofy

I'll be satisfied with a top 20 :skull:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KnightofCrescentL

Ariana would be better off promoting her own Xmas song or her own newly released album instead of the constant side projects. Hello. 

Can't see this hitting number 1 it won't have radio play surely ?

Like even Taylor's Xmas song tanked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Khamis

Idk but this poll made me JHUD style scream:bibliahh:

Edited by Khamis
Edit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SoJro101

I stopped at “gift” 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HonourableVomit
26 minutes ago, Smarticle said:

does bb count retail industry streams? 

Sure? They still need an account to stream it. But my point was more about the fact that stores are playing it hourly while people are shopping so it will get stuck in their heads and they will listen to it when they leave as well. Like how pop radios play the same 6 songs every hour so they end up becoming big hits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
suburbannature
30 minutes ago, HonourableVomit said:

All I Want For Christmas Is You is bigger than Mariah Carey, I wouldn't exactly call it her own personal power because that song has a life of its own particularly for the retail industry. She doesn't have any other Christmas hits despite having 2 albums full of recordings so why would this one take off? 

Screaming at this. It’s her song, it is an organic classic, and you’re talking about one of the best-selling artists of all time with 18 other #1s.


Her “Queen of Christmas” status keeps certain bases on atrl pressed and we love to see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HonourableVomit
2 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Screaming at this. It’s her song, it is an organic classic, and you’re talking about one of the best-selling artists of all time with 18 other #1s.


Her “Queen of Christmas” status keeps certain bases on atrl pressed and we love to see it.

 

Yeah and not a single non-fan checked for Merry Christmas II or Caution despite it being released in November and AIWFCIY went top 3 a couple of weeks later. :michael:   Your post is completely asinine though. No **** It's her song and it's "organic" so far as it's risen above every other Christmas song because people do like it but that same effect hasn't happened for any of her other music and it won't for Oh Santa either. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bluebirdsforever

I feel like this thread is trying to set someone up, but I don’t know who  :deadbanana4:

 

OT: It’s definitely possible, but I’m not getting my hopes up. Ariana collabs aren’t automatic hits (particularly Christmas ones) and Mariah will be competing with herself because of AIWFCIY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
suburbannature
5 minutes ago, HonourableVomit said:

 

Yeah and not a single non-fan checked for Merry Christmas II or Caution despite it being released in November and AIWFCIY went top 3 a couple of weeks later. :michael:   Your post is completely asinine though. No **** It's her song and it's "organic" so far as it's risen above every other Christmas song because people do like it but that same effect hasn't happened for any of her other music and it won't for Oh Santa either. 

 

 

You’re really suffering :skull: 

 

Miss You Most went #3 and the others (like Christmas BPCH weren’t eligible to chart due to Billboard rules at the time). It’s not realistic to expect any other of her Xmas song to reach the absolutely stratospheric heights of AIWFCIY. It’s a logical fallacy to compare recent songs to the greatest hits from her first two decades and then to claim her hits are “bigger than her” or in spite of her. That’s just not a legitimate concept - and particularly with regard to one of the greatest-ever selling artists with several classic songs and 19 #1s.

Edited by suburbannature

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
suburbannature

and anyway, this remake of a 2010 song is not going #1 :rip: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brainmaniac
6 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

And another original song - Miss You Most (At Christmas Time) - went #3 :skull: 

 

 

On what chart did that go #3? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
suburbannature
2 minutes ago, brainmaniac said:

On what chart did that go #3? 

Nvm, it wasn’t officially released or eligible. I read that it had points for #3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MingYouToo
19 minutes ago, HonourableVomit said:

Sure? They still need an account to stream it. But my point was more about the fact that stores are playing it hourly while people are shopping so it will get stuck in their heads and they will listen to it when they leave as well. Like how pop radios play the same 6 songs every hour so they end up becoming big hits. 

this. mariah created the song but at this point the song has a life of its own, not saying people wont know mariah wrote all i want but they sure will think of the song right away before mariah herself. such a megasmash tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HonourableVomit
5 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

You’re really suffering :skull: 

 

Miss You Most went #3 and the others (like Christmas BPCH weren’t eligible to chart due to Billboard rules at the time). It’s not realistic to expect any other of her Xmas song to reach the absolutely stratospheric heights of AIWFCIY. It’s a logical fallacy to compare recent songs to the greatest hits from her first two decades and then to claim her hits are “bigger than her” or in spite of her. That’s just not a legitimate concept - and particularly with regard to one of the greatest-ever selling artists with several classic songs and 19 #1s.

 

It kind of sounds like you're the one suffering because none of this rant has anything to do with the fact that AIWFCIY is independent of Mariah Carey as evidenced by its success having no bearing on the rest of her catalogue. That other song I've never heard of obviously doesn't get a revival every year like AIWFCIY, nor does it even have its own wikipedia page for me to read up on so I can't help you there.

 

It's great that she has one global classic song but statistically without it she'd be Janet Jackson'd or worse, Jlo'd. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
suburbannature
3 minutes ago, HonourableVomit said:

 

It kind of sounds like you're the one suffering because none of this rant has anything to do with the fact that AIWFCIY is independent of Mariah Carey as evidenced by its success having no bearing on the rest of her catalogue. That other song I've never heard of obviously doesn't get a revival every year like AIWFCIY, nor does it even have its own wikipedia page for me to read up on so I can't help you there.

 

It's great that she has one global classic song but statistically without it she'd be Janet Jackson'd or worse, Jlo'd. 

 

 

Not even you believe this rant and I can’t help that you’re unable to process what I said and how it’s related to your illegitimate attempt.

 

Madead stans are really struggling with this classic song’s annual revival. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gr33dy4Ari

Why do I feel like ATRL wants Ariana to fail so bad? 
 

Anyway, won’t get my hopes up. As it turns out, Ariana’s solo material seems to get more support than collab, case in point, Positions’ stability in the charts.

 

Wishing it goes top 10 though!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
beans
11 minutes ago, HonourableVomit said:

 

It kind of sounds like you're the one suffering because none of this rant has anything to do with the fact that AIWFCIY is independent of Mariah Carey as evidenced by its success having no bearing on the rest of her catalogue. That other song I've never heard of obviously doesn't get a revival every year like AIWFCIY, nor does it even have its own wikipedia page for me to read up on so I can't help you there.

 

It's great that she has one global classic song but statistically without it she'd be Janet Jackson'd or worse, Jlo'd. 

 

 

Imagine thinking she only has one global hit - how obtuse.

Edited by beans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HonourableVomit
2 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Not even you believe this rant and I can’t help that you’re unable to process what I said and how it’s related to your illegitimate attempt.

 

Madead stans are really struggling with this classic song’s annual revival. 

:laugh:  I'm staying on topic and talking about the Hot 100 number #100 peaking song Oh Santa, I don't know what your point was or what Madonna has to do with it. 

 

Wait I just remembered Mariah already tried this tactic back in 2011 with Justin Bieber on AIWFCIY and it still only peaked at #86. Maybe Oh Santa with Ariana & Jennifer will be able to clear that high bar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
suburbannature
Just now, HonourableVomit said:

:laugh:  I'm staying on topic and talking about the Hot 100 number #100 peaking song Oh Santa, I don't know what your point was or what Madonna has to do with it. 

 

Wait I just remembered Mariah already tried this tactic back in 2011 with Justin Bieber on AIWFCIY and it still only peaked at #86. Maybe Oh Santa with Ariana & Jennifer will be able to clear that high bar. 

I’m realizing you’re really not very bright, sweetie. :rip: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thuggin

No, I would be surprised if it even goes top 40. :rip: Why are people expecting a remake of an old Mariah Christmas song that wasn't even a big hit at the time to do so well, especially when JHud is on it too?

 

I do wish Mariah would've hopped on Santa Tell Me tbh :jonny:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HonourableVomit
2 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

I’m realizing you’re really not very bright, sweetie. :rip: 

Oh the ad hominem fallacy, how self aware of you. :dancehall:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
suburbannature
1 minute ago, HonourableVomit said:

Oh the ad hominem fallacy, how self aware of you. :dancehall:

Not you having to google logical fallacies after I pointed out yours.:ahh: 

 

also:

 

6 minutes ago, HonourableVomit said:

:laugh:  I'm staying on topic

 

1 minute ago, HonourableVomit said:

Oh the ad hominem fallacy, how self aware of you. :dancehall:


 

:ahh: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites