Wonder Woman 1984 heads to HBO MAX

9 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Not Black Widow starts trending on Twitter and people are begging Disney to release BW on Disney+
I feel like It’s inevitable that they’ll release this on Disney+ along with a cinema release at the point unless the pandemic will end miraculously:chick3:

Disney is losing money and they need more people to subscribe Disney+. Cinema won’t recover that soon and they’re not able to make profits by only releasing BW on cinema just like Tenet

2Y9Xoqr.jpg
iqf4zk1.jpg

not them begging for a disney+ release... leave black widow alonee :monkey: we've been waiting for this for years, we can wait more

the way it could've been a big success because of the mcu drought this year and now it's gonna be the only $100m grossing mcu film :monkey: **** covid

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Almost Home

• rac7d

• zaso

• D_Man3379

3 hours ago, D_Man3379 said:

WB just flushed a bunch of money down the toilet. A shame. 

They’ll prob make a lot long term with an increase in subscription. Long term equals loads of $$.

This will get sequel. The pandemic was a very special case, doubts the studio will back out of a third. By the time it’s out the world should be back to normal. Hopefully.

PopMusicJunkie
3 hours ago, rac7d said:

BET

i expect it in February and it will be free on Disney plus cuz ain’t no one gonna pay this time after mulan

and they look greedy as hell

:rip:

Mulan was the exception, sis, not the rule.  When Black Widow debuts on Disney+ (it’s inevitable at this point) a premiere access price point is happening.  That live-action remake had many factors going against it —  the lead actress, no singing, straying from the animated film, etc — so that reasoning doesn’t make much sense.  Marvel/Disney has a very solid stan base that devours & spends money on any release.  In movie theaters, exclusively streaming on Disney+, or both, BW will be an event.  

OT:  Wishing this well and no doubt it’ll do good.  

34 minutes ago, PopMusicJunkie said:

Mulan was the exception, sis, not the rule.  When Black Widow debuts on Disney+ (it’s inevitable at this point) a premiere access price point is happening.  That live-action remake had many factors going against it —  the lead actress, no singing, straying from the animated film, etc — so that reasoning doesn’t make much sense.  Marvel/Disney has a very solid stan base that devours & spends money on any release.  In movie theaters, exclusively streaming on Disney+, or both, BW will be an event.  

OT:  Wishing this well and no doubt it’ll do good.  

I would wait the three months personally 

Everyone is geared up for 2021. Snyder cut expected to drop between March and May, it’s not like last year there will be content to compete. 

Disney plus should set black widow to drop a week after the Wandavison finale in February.  Keep that subscriber count up and happy.

Drowned8World
4 hours ago, TheDreamer said:

They better release it in Australia. The theaters are open but there's really nothing to watch :biblio:

That is probably the case. HBO max is only available in the US.

PopMusicJunkie
12 minutes ago, rac7d said:

I would wait the three months personally 

Everyone is geared up for 2021. Snyder cut expected to drop between March and May, it’s not like last year there will be content to compete. 

Disney plus should set black widow to drop a week after the Wandavison finale in February.  Keep that subscriber count up and happy.

I doubt BW is getting released for free after three (a la Mulan), I’m thinking six months.  They wanna milk as much money as they can and there’s a very solid base to do it with.  

If the trailer views for WandaVision are any real indication, Disney+ will be doing just fine in the meantime and there’s other Marvel shows still planned.   Their numbers are already up, up, and away — they don’t need to dump everything one after another at this point or early next year.  

I mean I am sad because Wonder Woman deserves to shine at the big screen and become the third DC super hero to have a billion dollar grossing movie but it was inevitable. It wouldn’t survive another delay and even IF it gets moved to June who knows if movie going will be back to “normal”. And yes HBO Max needs the promo but I think it’s their own doing, the launch was a complete mess. 

The problem is a lot of this movies had started their ad campaign just before COVID hit and they feel old by now. Personally I won’t be going to movie theaters for Black Widow, No Time To Die or F9. It’s like the hype has passed. Also, 2021 is so packed now that even if box office numbers return to normal (they won’t) the money will be divided as the average person goes 1-2 times per month to the movies. The cherry on top is the economic crisis , some people won’t even be able to afford to go to the movies, even less whole ads families. 

So at the end it was a good decision I think. I am happy I will be able to finally see this movie in one month and I just PRAY this helps HBO Max numbers so its sacrifice isn’t in vain. 

fridayteenage
1 hour ago, PopMusicJunkie said:

Mulan was the exception, sis, not the rule.  That live-action remake had many factors going against it

racisme racisme racisme, yes.

Yeees YEEEEEEES!!!!! We'll see our GODDESS soon!

tenor.gif

I CAN'T wait to watch this in theaters (they are open here and there's no talk of closing), the trailer ALONE looked SO GOOD on the big screen! 

Since HBOMax isn't available outside of the USA they should sign a deal with Netflix and release it outside of America on Netflix (and get some good money for it cause it's fricking WW), that way they'd help stop the piracy of the movie.

1 hour ago, rta1913 said:

I just PRAY this helps HBO Max numbers so its sacrifice isn’t in vain. 

People will see the movie and sign-off. HBO Max has 8.6M active users out of 28.7M subs (and that includes HBO subs prior to HBO Max), the numbers are terrible :rip:.

There’s a caveat: In its overall HBO Max number, AT&T rolls up all subscribers who are eligible to get it — even if they haven’t watched it. With total “activations” of HBO Max at 8.6 million, that means 70% HBO’s existing subscribers who have access to HBO Max for no extra charge still have not signed in to use the super-size streaming service.

https://variety.com/2020/digital/news/hbo-max-28-million-subscribers-q3-att-earnings-1234813032/

Edited by Broken
5 hours ago, zaso said:

not them begging for a disney+ release... leave black widow alonee :monkey: we've been waiting for this for years, we can wait more

the way it could've been a big success because of the mcu drought this year and now it's gonna be the only $100m grossing mcu film :monkey: **** covid

I had the same opinion back in like May and June, but now I think that's not a good idea. I mean I get it, you want to watch it on the big screen and you want it to be a huge hit but lbr the movie kinda feels old at this point (esp since like WW it's set in the PAST), we already heard what's going to happen and who's to say that things will get better by May? Not to mention that every time they push it back they lose a lot of money (and hype), so just adapt to this current situation and do what you gotta do.

At this point just give the fans who've been waiting for so long something they'll love and appreciate (ofc be smart about it, don't just release it for free, I mean it's business first and foremost). 

And yeah it's a shame cause both WW and BW would have grossed 1B in a covid free world and both deserve the success and recognition (esp BW cause she's dead and this is sadly her last movie, at least we'll see WW again and hopefully in her next solo movie in the present or future like it's been rumoured) but it's a different world now, I doubt any movie will get to 1B until maybe 2022 (movies like Dr. Strange 2, The Flashpoint and such) 

9 minutes ago, Broken said:

People will see the movie and sign-off. HBO Max has 8.6M active users out of 28.7M subs (and that includes HBO subs prior to HBO Max), the numbers are terrible :rip:.

I don’t understand why. It is a good service. Definitely way more content than Disney+

They shouldn’t have named it after HBO

fridayteenage
3 minutes ago, rta1913 said:

I don’t understand why. It is a good service. Definitely way more content than Disney+

they felt they owed it to the legacy of Queen in the North Sansa Stark, who made them so much $

I am very interested go see how many subscribers it'll have in following months, especially if the Snyder Cut is released in March. (Pretty funny if that ends up being the next major "blockbuster" event)

I think making DC shows for HBO Max like a Batfleck spinoff or even a Birds of Prey sequel show would be a good investment. 

Edited by ALA
12 minutes ago, rta1913 said:

I think the terrible branding and confusion between all the versions of HBO is what led to terrible numbers.

8 hours ago, BoyLikeYouSuxx said:

With this likely to not do well I’m hoping they don’t hold back for WW3. I would love to see Circe and Medusa as the villains and a whole slew of greek lore/world building!! :duca:

I mean why would they? This is a special situation, they honestly had no better choice but to release it like this.

And with WW3 having Diana in the PRESENT (or future) more powerful than ever and with bigger names for vilians (Charlize better SNATCH the role of Circe or Medusa) I don't see how people wouldn't be excited. 

BTW I couldn't agree more, hopefully there's more Greek mythology

8 hours ago, Brunette Ambition said:

I swear to god if cinemas aren’t opened by Christmas in Germany :deadbanana: I need to see it on the big screen 

Cinema date, I'll bring the snacks

8 hours ago, Brunette Ambition said:

I swear to god if cinemas aren’t opened by Christmas in Germany :deadbanana: I need to see it on the big screen 

I doubt that they will open. Wouldn't make sense, considering that the contact restrictions will probably remain until 2021. The cinema i work in is also pretty pessimistic about being able to open in December.

fridayteenage
11 minutes ago, Almost Home said:

:deadbanana4:

most movies get the vast majority of their $ in the first month anyway.

barring a few huge-longevity films and slowly expanding awards players