BB200: Ariana #1 (2x), H100: Mood #1 (4x)

Azulito

4 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Longevity by... Drops in percentage? 

So if an album does 70k-60k-50k-40k-30k, you would say it has more longevity than Positions or even bigger at this matter? 

Longevity doesn't mean so much when number are low. What matter in the end is total consumption. It is what it is. :celestial5:

I remember ATRL said the exact same thing about Anti 

Was a good time back then

WaD7kt1.gif

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aribiotch

• Jude

• idkwiam

• OrgVisual

23 minutes ago, Headlock said:

This is the Billboard chart thread for this week, not a solo Ari thread, have you never visited one of these? What exactly is your problem lmao

Well... this is not really a Billboard chart thread. The OP only posted a tweet saying Ariana staying at #1 for 2 weeks. There's no mention of any other albums on BB chart or a link to BB article

1 minute ago, Sept said:

Well... this is not really a Billboard chart thread. The OP only posted a tweet saying Ariana staying at #1 for 2 weeks. There's no mention of any other albums on BB chart or a link to BB article

Well then we should lock this thread since double threads are not allowed in the chart section. 

45 minutes ago, cityfolk said:

Well it held miles better than Rare (40k second week I believe?), Manic, Chromatica, and more "big" female releases this year, so I'd say it's doing pretty well in comparison :foxaylove2:

2 weeks at #1, go Ari. Even when she loses, she still wins!

I totally agree Positions is much bigger than Rare, Manic and Chromatica in the US. :foxaylove2:

I don't think she is losing but expectations were very high for no reason. 

12 minutes ago, quitedangerous said:

it's already 2 weeks at #1, which most female albums failed to achieve (except from Taylor), so I'd say that's enough longevity for today :clap3:

:clap3:

10 minutes ago, Sept said:

I remember ATRL said the exact same thing about Anti 

Will be very exciting to see if Positions can stay 33 weeks in the top10 or not then :jonny5:

Edited by Artistofthedecade

14 minutes ago, Sept said:

Just because the OP hasn’t updated the thread with the whole top 10 yet doesn’t make my statement false. It’s the weekly Billboard thread in the chart section.

4 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Just because the OP hasn’t updated the thread with the whole top 10 yet doesn’t make my statement false. It’s the weekly Billboard thread in the chart section.

Nobody said that. Asked the OP. But based on the current context, there's nothing wrong with what the good sis @Aribiotch said. Chilled

WaD7kt1.gif

1 hour ago, Aribiotch said:

See! This is prime example of why I don’t fw y’all. A thread praising Ariana and her accomplishments and yall come out of nowhere with this bs. This couldn’t been posted in the folklore thread or Taylor base? But yet you came in a thread praising Ariana to post this? It honestly makes you look even more embarrassing and cringe. Consider yourself reported for not being on topic. Thank u next. 

TELL EM!

Most of them are absolutely obnoxious & attention seeking.

Please continue to drag them!

giphy.gif

OT: glad to see Ari still winning :clap3:

(hope the POV video drops before Christmas & the vinyls drop soon)

27 minutes ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

A flop they said! :bibliahh:

Also some swifties are so petty like wow :rip:

Yall have been obsessed with Swifties this past month but had nothing to say about how Ariana fans acted for the last 2 years towards us. Insert saying about staying out of the kitchen if you can’t take the heat :deadbanana4:

OT: Bad numbers for Positions but a #1 is a #1 so congrats! The top 3 is so weak in general tho, I’m shocked because usually it’s quite busy during Q4. Maybe the pandemic is having the opposite effect on sales this season but I still don’t get it :rip: 

Folklore returning to the top 10 during its 16th week, whew. Lots of OTH tears will be shed during vinyl season :clap3: 

36 minutes ago, Sept said:

Nobody said that. Asked the OP. But based on the current context, there's nothing wrong with what the good sis @Aribiotch said. Chilled

WaD7kt1.gif

Thank u sis !

1 minute ago, Henstridge said:

Since y'all wanna be annoying

I have no dog in this fight of ariana vs taylors but this is what obviously happened:

1st week sales were lower than anticipated. Projections got lower and lower. People were going in... Ariana stans blamed halloween and the election. T'was a mess.

2nd week sales are still low but the percentage is not as low consider the 1st week number was not as high. This was known all week.

It seems the first few pages of this thread are dominated by ariana fans who crafted their shade all week using longevity during week 2 or not a flop blah blah blah expecting more taylor stans to be in here. As pages go on it's more of ariana stans posting this stuff and maybe 2-3 taylor stans, out of tons of post predominantly from ariana stans calling this era a success, enter the thread and now it's "since ya'll wanna be annoying"...

The shade in the 1st week sales thread must have really touched for all of this.

Kudos to Ariana and Taylor being in the top 10. I mean it's a non competitive week...i'm sure Christmas albums will begin to trickle on up in about 2-3 weeks.

if there are hit songs on this album i'm sure it'll eventually reach 2x platinum when it's all said and done.

It's interesting 34+35 is zooming up radio charts I guess the clean version is serving If u see amy vibes.

50 minutes ago, Sept said:

WaD7kt1.gif

Foaming at the mouth about people discussing this weeks charts in the chart thread while saying it’s a different thread is actually incorrect, but if you want to co-sign that users random meltdowns be my guest.

They never fail to embarrass themselves. The same 3 users every. single. time. :deadbanana2:

OT: Hmmmm... but I thought she flopped!! :beatfreak:

Why can't ya'll just accept Ariana and Taylor are both in the top 10 and doing decently?

:ace:

Ariana and Taylor album SELLERS ahhhh we love to see it :jonny5: my fave guarding the Top 10 and my other fave ruling the top 10 !!!!

10 minutes ago, slw84 said:

I have no dog in this fight of ariana vs taylors but this is what obviously happened:

1st week sales were lower than anticipated. Projections got lower and lower. People were going in... Ariana stans blamed halloween and the election. T'was a mess.

2nd week sales are still low but the percentage is not as low consider the 1st week number was not as high. This was known all week.

It seems the first few pages of this thread are dominated by ariana fans who crafted their shade all week using longevity during week 2 or not a flop blah blah blah expecting more taylor stans to be in here. As pages go on it's more of ariana stans posting this stuff and maybe 2-3 taylor stans, out of tons of post predominantly from ariana stans calling this era a success, enter the thread and now it's "since ya'll wanna be annoying"...

Y'll trying to push that narrative but it's not true

2nd week

folklore: 133k

positions: 82k

Chromatica: 65k

Chilombo: 65k

Manic: 56k

Rare: 38k

How is that low? And that's with the new chart rules. Even Billboard confirms that position's first week sales is impressive. But I should believe ATRL's opinions instead of experts' opinions I guess

Em1ukX4W4AEUvoH?format=jpg&name=large

12 minutes ago, Sept said:

Y'll trying to push that narrative but it's not true

2nd week

folklore: 133k

positions: 82k

Chromatica: 65k

Chilombo: 65k

Manic: 56k

Rare: 38k

How is that low? And that's with the new chart rules. Even Billboard confirms that position's first week sales is impressive. But I should believe ATRL's opinions instead of experts' opinions I guess

Em1ukX4W4AEUvoH?format=jpg&name=large

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA :deadbanana2: they really tried it

So they started shipping folklore vinyl last week. Huh another week in Top 10 :clap3:

Can't wait when the Target version get released this November 20. :gaycat2:

Why can't people celebrate two women's successes without feeding into the tired narrative of pitting two successful women against one another?  There are two solo women in a top ten that is comprised otherwise entirely of dudes and bands.  I know that I have fed into this tired narrative myself by calling out in these divisive threads what I perceive to be serious shortcomings in Taylor's live vocal abilities and ... that was wrong of me.  Ari and Taylor being at the top of their game is something to celebrate.  Their respective successes are not mutually exclusive.  As long as we only celebrate one woman's successes at the expense of another when there are meanwhile literal hundreds of interchangeable Lil Baby's and Luke Combs on the charts, we will never progress as a society.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

Edited by DiamondDust

All this fighting while i'm just sitting here enjoying both albums :gaycat1: (plus most other pop releases this year)

The fight in here would not have happened if it wasn't for the petty insecure fan base that keep coming for Ariana even if she's clearly successful. But they want to convince the ppl she's flopping. Like what do they get from doing that? :toofunny2:

OT: 2nd week at #1 on BB, not everyone has that. :clap3:

Bad numbers.

I was told she's the Biggest phenomenon of our time, but the numbers don't show this.:giraffe:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.