Croatia Debuts Apple Music Chart

greeneyedsoul

Yesterday Apple Music generated a chart for Croatia for the first time.

The results are not shocking; Serbian and American/UK music dominate and no one listens close to no one listens to Croatian music.

Certain nationalists won't like the really check that the Croatian music scene os OVER!!!

Spoiler

image4ztkkt.png

Thots? @AvrilLaQueen @Goofy @Plague @Hurem @Pop 

You might find this interesting. @KillingYourCareer

Can you e-mail HDU and aske them for a streaming chart now that we have Spotify, Deezer and AM? :allears:

1 minute ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

Oh wow Maya bombed with Intime. Only 2 songs in top 50 :sorry:

The Deezer demographic is more into her. :giraffe:

no Maya Sar, no charts :sorry:

21 minutes ago, greeneyedsoul said:

Croatian

but croatian legend lorde coming to destroy the charts :jonny2:

8 minutes ago, greeneyedsoul said:

The Deezer demographic is more into her. :giraffe:

This being said, I think that Croatia is using Deezer more than AM and Spotify.

They were the first streaming app available here.

But still I'm not sure. We need to see the numbers of active users.

Youtube still dominating here.

12 minutes ago, Plague said:

This being said, I think that Croatia is using Deezer more than AM and Spotify.

They were the first streaming app available here.

But still I'm not sure. We need to see the numbers of active users.

Youtube still dominating here.

Well, 6 months were needed for the threshold to generate a chart to be reached. But it also shows that the numbers have been steadily rising. 

We will see in the upcoming period how operators will react to this. Deezer is low-key in danger if A1 or some other operator stars selling AM or Spotify subscriptions with their tariffs. :giraffe:

16 minutes ago, 80x100 said:

but croatian legend lorde coming to destroy the charts :jonny2:

Croatian passport-holder Marija Jelić is indeed coming to slay - but globally, not only in Croatia. :gaycat4:

8 minutes ago, greeneyedsoul said:

Well, 6 months were needed for the threshold to generate a chart to be reached. But it also shows that the numbers have been steadily rising. 

We will see in the upcoming period how operators will react to this. Deezer is low-key in danger if A1 or some other operator stars selling AM or Spotify subscriptions with their tariffs. :giraffe:

Plot twist t-mobile drops them for spotify :priceless:

2 hours ago, greeneyedsoul said:

You might find this interesting. @KillingYourCareer

Can you e-mail HDU and aske them for a streaming chart now that we have Spotify, Deezer and AM? :allears:

They never replied so idk :dies: also I don't understand why Spotify doesn't have a chart for Croatia or any other Balkan and MENA country? I mean they have one for ANDORRA

Sam Smith charting in the top 10? Wow, homophobia LOST! Croatia being Central European country instead of Balkan is confirmed :clap3:

20 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

They never replied so idk :dies: also I don't understand why Spotify doesn't have a chart for Croatia or any other Balkan and MENA country? I mean they have one for ANDORRA

Because Andorra reached the threshold of 50 songs with +1k streams a few times. 

I think it's totally valid to assume that at least the Balkan states haven't reached that. 

3 minutes ago, AvrilLaQueen said:

Sam Smith charting in the top 10? Wow, homophobia LOST! Croatia being Central European country instead of Balkan is confirmed :clap3:

Central European country with half of the entries being in Serbian/Bosnian? Something is not adding up... 

Do you have an explanation? @Villanelle

2 minutes ago, greeneyedsoul said:

Because Andorra reached the threshold of 50 songs with +1k streams a few times. 

I think it's totally valid to assume that at least the Balkan states haven't reached that. 

Egypt and Serbia have definitely reached the threshold too :rip: Malta also did but for some reason they removed the chart?

13 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Egypt and Serbia have definitely reached the threshold too :rip: Malta also did but for some reason they removed the chart?

Spotify is clearly afraid of the POC of Europe. :fan:

1 hour ago, tbhmatt said:

Sweet Melody at #15?

Croatia serving taste :clap3:

my impact :clap3:

also wheew at the positions slayage :clap3:

49 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

iirc the chart doesn't show when there are less than 50 songs with over 1k plays for that day, only once it becomes more stable rather than an off-event it starts showing up more (like how Bulgarian finally has a stable top 50 chart) 

and basing over how relatively low the monthly listeners are when it comes to the balkan countries/MENA it doesn't surprise me that we didn't get to see a chart yet.

5 minutes ago, Yomaku said:

iirc the chart doesn't show when there are less than 50 songs with over 1k plays for that day, only once it becomes more stable rather than an off-event it starts showing up more (like how Bulgarian finally has a stable top 50 chart) 

and basing over how relatively low the monthly listeners are when it comes to the balkan countries/MENA it doesn't surprise me that we didn't get to see a chart yet.

That doesn't seem to correspond reality, though. For example, they debuted the Ukrainian chart about 2 weeks after Spotify was introduced there, but they already had 200 songs with 1k+ :michael: it sounds impossible that Saudi Arabia and the Emirates aren't pulling those numbers

5 hours ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

Oh wow Maya bombed with Intime. Only 2 songs in top 50 :sorry:

It came out months ago?

Croatian artists charting:

#136 Severina - Mirna

#168 Oliver Dragojević - Pismo moja

2/200

Exactly 1% of the chart are Croatian songs. ??

22 minutes ago, getinthezone said:

Wheres Mia dimsic @greeneyedsoul

Selling albums. 

Her demographic is using Spotify. 

Edited by greeneyedsoul

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.