Why isn't Hayley Williams considered a main girl?

35 posts in this topic

She's given us some amazing bops :fish2:

Appreciate Hayley Williams as a main Pop Girl 2k17

She was depressed during 2016 and wrote a song about it. Get into it obese (fat) 

She's a main rock girl!

She's better than ATRL 's fav pop girls for sure?

Calling her a pop girl seems a little off-brand

Because she's not a soloist and she's not pop, or at least doesn't want to be marketed as pop. That would be like including Tyler Joseph in the same category as The Weeknd, Bruno Mars, Ed Sheeran, Charlie Puth, Shawn Mendes etc.

Because she's in a band?

Still love this. Avril Lavigne, Hayley Williams and Taylor Momsen

2d47b0131e8ba224fc73b78db25b0c1d.jpg

They should do that as a side project :heart2:

tumblr_nsrtnxj1Si1ri846ao1_500.jpg

Just now, Jacobdaniel said:

Her latest song is pop though

not with those tragic streaming numbers 

kIPMJjN.png

Just now, fab said:

not with those tragic streaming numbers 

kIPMJjN.png

She doesn't have solo material so not suprised 

1 minute ago, Miss Bank$ said:

She doesn't have solo material so not suprised 

omg sis your ban expires in three weeks  default_cry1.gif are you planning on returning? 

14 minutes ago, fab said:

omg sis your ban expires in three weeks  default_cry1.gif are you planning on returning? 

Omg it does, im not sure but you'll see me when I log on :johnald:.

Are the good sis' shook of my return?

Because she doesn't want to be marketed as pop. When Paramore first launched Atlantic records was pushing Hayley to ditch the band and pursue a solo career in pop music but she refused. 

And she's better than most main pop girls anyway. She can write and her vocals are superbly underrated. 

Why would we call a rock singer "main pop girl"?

2 minutes ago, Henstridge said:

Why would we call a rock singer "main pop girl"?

Because many of her songs can be considered alt-pop.

I think the simple answer to this thread is that she's in a band, meaning she's not even a solo artist.

She doesn't want to be, I guess. :michael: However she's very respected in the industry by her peers, she has main pop girl status without even being one.

she's main rock girl, but Hey Violet is coming for ha wig :eli:

1 hour ago, smgupdated said:

Because she doesn't want to be marketed as pop. When Paramore first launched Atlantic records was pushing Hayley to ditch the band and pursue a solo career in pop music but she refused. 

And she's better than most main pop girls anyway. She can write and her vocals are superbly underrated. 

1 hour ago, Paramore said:

She doesn't want to be, I guess. :michael: However she's very respected in the industry by her peers, she has main pop girl status without even being one.

Truth. 

2 hours ago, Paramore said:

Honestly yea. She gets all the perks of not having petty wishy-washy fomo stans, not being subject to "this isn't real music" BS, and on top of that stlil makes catchy pop music and gets praised for it. It's probably the best position to be in if you want respect/good music/decent sales as a pop-leaning artist. There's a reason Paramore has been a thing as long as it has been.  

Been in the business for 10 years and counting, only a Queen

jWDwClI.gif

3 hours ago, Jacobdaniel said:

Tea. Hayley doesn't work for the fame.

Because any credible writing talent she had clearly belonged to Josh and Jeremy based on the steaming heap of **** she released this week. Do not get me wrong when i was fifteen my room was floor to celing pmore. But i fee so bad for the kids that go see them seven dayes on a tour for such an incohesive setlist. The last two albums do not touch the rock genre in the slightest and she should really stop trying to capitalise on a market that stand for something a little different. She's such a gwen wannabe too, it's almost embarrassing. But cheer yourselves up and go listen to her covers of bad romance, kiss me, and her live acoustic you aint woman enough from nashville 2009. Thank me later...

9 minutes ago, Joesuxx said:

Because any credible writing talent she had clearly belonged to Josh and Jeremy based on the steaming heap of **** she released this week. Do not get me wrong when i was fifteen my room was floor to celing pmore. But i fee so bad for the kids that go see them seven dayes on a tour for such an incohesive setlist. The last two albums do not touch the rock genre in the slightest and she should really stop trying to capitalise on a market that stand for something a little different. She's such a gwen wannabe too, it's almost embarrassing. But cheer yourselves up and go listen to her covers of bad romance, kiss me, and her live acoustic you aint woman enough from nashville 2009. Thank me later...

:ahh: 

All you know is falling, honey! Sad!

Why would she? her music is meh and her only top 5 single is a feature.

If having some good songs is enough to have main pop girl status then 90% of the girls discussed here are main pop girls.

21 minutes ago, Newt said:

Honestly yea. She gets all the perks of not having petty wishy-washy fomo stans, not being subject to "this isn't real music" BS, and on top of that stlil makes catchy pop music and gets praised for it. It's probably the best position to be in if you want respect/good music/decent sales as a pop-leaning artist. There's a reason Paramore has been a thing as long as it has been.  

All of this. :clap3:I'd love to be in the current position she's in, I wouldn't change it for anything.