Shadow people: Are you woke to them?

63 posts in this topic

The shadow people are described as beings from another dimension or sometimes as entities or ghosts. Millions of people have reported run in's with them during what's known as sleep paralysis. They are known all over the world in dozens of different cultures and all throughout history. I've definitely experienced them myself and know many people who have.:dancehall:

 

I had a particularly horrible one when I was probably 18. It's always obvious that it's happening too. You know you're in "a state" and you know there's something in the room. Sometimes I force myself out of this state. It takes a minute or two but I've done it...but not this specific time. I remember it being a man or man-shaped. It was hiding just out of sight in the room's blind-spots. Not until I started to panic did it begin to close in on me in my bed. I distinctly remember it's cold bony body crawling over top of me in the bed. I felt the knees and bones of this thing on me and it haunts me to this day. It grabbed my neck and arms and tried pushing my face into the pillow. One hand on top of my face and the other around my neck and shoulders. I remember feeling like it was trying to take something from me and being paranoid that if I didn't wake up soon, I might die.

 

300px-John_Henry_Fuseli_-_The_Nightmare.

 

 

Some have tried to explain them away as just an illusion of the mind but I've experienced them and they're too real to be some trick. 

 

Do you believe in shadow people? Any personal accounts? :dancehall:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This happens to me all the time, so i learned to accept it and just try to move my hands as quickly as possible when it happens, so i don't start to panic... It's a mind trick, brain is a powerful thing... Don't let it control you :hug: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also it only happens when i lay in bed on my back... So it has to do something with blood flow :michael: It's annoying as **** 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I know that I'm having sleep paralysis, I just don't open my eyes and everything's ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not long ago something whispered in my ear "boo" when i was asleep. it was so realistic and scary that immediately woke up to find no one in my room

Its the only thing close to the topic that happened to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

stay in school kids

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Countess said:

When I know that I'm having sleep paralysis, I just don't open my eyes and everything's ok

I can like...push myself out of it when I realize what's going on but closing my eyes has never worked. In fact, it just prolongs the experience :dancehall:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thankfully there's no such thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, genderfluid said:

I remember feeling like it was trying to take something from me

He wanted your virginity.

 

Did he snatch it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, genderfluid said:

I can like...push myself out of it when I realize what's going on but closing my eyes has never worked. In fact, it just prolongs the experience :dancehall:

But I don't open them at all lol. When I feel that 'wave' coming I just think, ugh, not this again, and just go with the flow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to literally force myself awake. It's really hard too. I haven't had this happen in a while.

 

Mine progressively got worse. While I was paralyzed, I would always hear a demon or ghost whispering gibberish in my ear. It was frightening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Buffy said:

I have to literally force myself awake. It's really hard too. I haven't had this happen in a while.

 

Mine progressively got worse. While I was paralyzed, I would always hear a demon or ghost whispering gibberish in my ear. It was frightening.

I have heard people hear things. I have never heard anything, though. Just myself trying to speak/yell sometimes. 

 

definitely remember feeling a bony body crawl on top of me and try choking me. I'm not kidding at all. It was so awful I rarely talk about it..only reason I'm even remembering having these is because I had a regular nightmare the other night that I got fired from my job by my old gym coach :rip:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I lay on my stomach so they never happen to me but once when I was laying on my back I saw a dark shadow of a lady with fruits on her head like carmen miranda standing in my doorway. I could move my body but for some reason I just kept looking at her until she walked away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This happens to me all the time :rip:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I never saw a shadow person. I used to **** around with astral projection though, and one night I asked for some help in getting out of my body. Big mistake. I felt a "grip" of energy around my ankle and I was literally yanked out and dragged until the invisible force disappeared. I'm all set with sleep paralysis/astral **** for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has probably happened to me before, but idk about exact events. Kinda off topic, but has anyone experienced a thing where you're sleeping and then you move your head a certain way and then your dream literally starts spinning? It hasn't happened to me in a while, but I researched it and I think it's called vertigo or something...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wtf. i've had bad dreams where i feel like i'm yelling trying to wake up but nothing like that. that sounds scary af :eek:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wtf are these stories :mazen:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've heard about this sleep paralysis thing for years but never happened to me (thankfully) :michael:

 

The only thing that happens to me is when I'm trying to fall asleep almost there and suddenly I feel like I'm falling and wake up real fast, ever happened to y'all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got sleep paralysis once and I just kept my eyes closed because there was no way in hell I was gonna see a demon in my room while I couldn't move :mazen:

I also couldn't speak but I just stayed calm and hoped to not hear any voices. It only lasted like 15 seconds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont have it anymore. But according to my mother when I was a kid I told my mother there was a man beneath my desk table during the night. And surprisingly enough during those times I so happen to have sleep paralysis once in a while. :mazen: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Shinning said:

I've heard about this sleep paralysis thing for years but never happened to me (thankfully) :michael:

 

The only thing that happens to me is when I'm trying to fall asleep almost there and suddenly I feel like I'm falling and wake up real fast, ever happened to y'all?

All the time :gaycat4: Worst thing ever :ahh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never got it and I have all the bad habits that lead to sleep paralysis. Clearly yall are not anointed by God. No demon has ever had the power to get near me :alexz3:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Allie said:

So, I never saw a shadow person. I used to **** around with astral projection though, and one night I asked for some help in getting out of my body. Big mistake. I felt a "grip" of energy around my ankle and I was literally yanked out and dragged until the invisible force disappeared. I'm all set with sleep paralysis/astral **** for now.

Not you trying to play dark sided games and getting TUGGED towards the underworld :lmao: 

34 minutes ago, Shinning said:

I've heard about this sleep paralysis thing for years but never happened to me (thankfully) :michael:

 

The only thing that happens to me is when I'm trying to fall asleep almost there and suddenly I feel like I'm falling and wake up real fast, ever happened to y'all?

Lol yeh. When I trip over in my dreams, I kick my legs in real life and it wakes me up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Javan said:

I have never got it and I have all the bad habits that lead to sleep paralysis. Clearly yall are not anointed by God. No demon has ever had the power to get near me :alexz3:

Maybe you're the demon :biblio: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites