Pakistan makes Quran compulsory subject in schools

61 posts in this topic

The bill will make teaching of entire Naazrah Quran in Classes/grades I to V and easy translation of the entire Holy Quran in classes/grades VI to XII compulsory to the Muslim students of all educational institutions both in public and private sector in Islamabad Capital Territory, FATA and also institutions owned and controlled by the Federal Government wherever they may be.

X

How is it possible for this country to have a lgbt Church and at the same time have a repressive and fundamentalist form of islam looming over the population 

Sad for the people :doc: 

Sad. I hate the idea of teaching religion in schools, but unfortunately, my country is not any better :toofunny3: 

They need to start taking notes from India. this is not a good look

IMG_20170114_011101.thumb.jpg.48ee899a1a

Nnn I thot it already was

oOek5gW.png

Just now, Dekkan said:

Sad. I hate the idea of teaching religion in schools, but unfortunately, my country is not any better :toofunny3: 

Where do you live queen

13 minutes ago, Letters From Adi said:

The bill will make teaching of entire Naazrah Quran in Classes/grades I to V and easy translation of the entire Holy Quran in classes/grades VI to XII compulsory to the Muslim students of all educational institutions both in public and private sector in Islamabad Capital Territory, FATA and also institutions owned and controlled by the Federal Government wherever they may be.

X

I think UAE was doing something similar. Seeing the country is mainly built on religious views, surprised it took this long

6 minutes ago, Cute said:

How is it possible for this country to have a lgbt Church and at the same time have a repressive and fundamentalist form of islam looming over the population 

Where did you hear they have an LGBT church? I know India values transgender to some extent but it's still sadly illegal to be gay. 

2 minutes ago, Ecstasy said:

Where do you live queen

In the pearl of Central Europe, a Catholic hellhole called Poland.

compulsory to the Muslim students 

and eh, it's not a big deal. It'll be like every class no one will care for. I had it growing up ... 

Just now, Dekkan said:

In the pearl of Central Europe, a Catholic hellhole called Poland.

omg Poland slays doe 

1 minute ago, orange said:

I think UAE was doing something similar. Seeing the country is mainly built on religious views, surprised it took this long

Where did you hear they have an LGBT church? I know India values transgender to some extent but it's still sadly illegal to be gay. 

:biblio: According to the affirming Church directory the Church in Pakistan is called The Shahzad Najmuddin Gay and Lesbian Church but im assuming it isn't anywhere on google for the safety of the actual gay Christians and so it might be underground 

Just now, Cute said:

omg Poland slays doe 

Well yeah, it does, but not in that case. I'm against religion classes (no matter the religion), compulsory or not :celestial5:

2 minutes ago, orange said:

Has been, forever. Really isn't a big deal.

1 minute ago, orange said:

transgenders can adopt children, take jobs, etc.

Between 2009-2013, Delhi legalized homosexuality, until the Supreme Court overturned it in Dec 2013...

Disgusting

Does this mean that Pakistani Christians will be free from this horrendous law? 

What's the big deal if it only applies for muslim students?

5 minutes ago, Cute said:

Does this mean that Pakistani Christians will be free from this horrendous law? 

Read the quoted text in the OP. It's not that hard.

Just now, PromKing said:

Read the quoted text in the OP. It's not that hard.

Why are you pressed? This article was extremely lacking in detail. I assumed that Christians would be exempt from this but I wanted to know if this was confirmed 

10 minutes ago, Cute said:

:biblio: According to the affirming Church directory the Church in Pakistan is called The Shahzad Najmuddin Gay and Lesbian Church but im assuming it isn't anywhere on google for the safety of the actual gay Christians and so it might be underground 

Interesting theory! If it's underground, it must show how repressive the country is -_-

9 minutes ago, Letters From Adi said:

transgenders can adopt children, take jobs, etc.

Between 2009-2013, Delhi legalized homosexuality, until the Supreme Court overturned it in Dec 2013...

Yes, there is so much to learn from India when the country makes it hard for Muslims to eat and live different than Hindus and that the third genders are sort of kept separate from main society... 

You may want to read more about the struggles of being a hijra: http://marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolution/2017/04/the-hijra-of-india.html

At one point India may have been progressive but that time has passed.

1 minute ago, Cute said:

Why are you pressed? This article was extremely lacking in detail. I assumed that Christians would be exempt from this but I wanted to know if this was confirmed 

he entire Holy Quran in classes/grades VI to XII compulsory to the Muslim students of all educational institutions both in public and private sector in Islamabad Capital Territory,

Muslim students

I got this from the "lacking" article. 

Is this that big of a deal though. Pakistan is predominantly muslim, and much of the country's tradisions are based on islamic cultural heritage. I live in Norway, a very liberal and forward-thinking country that has separated the state and the Church, so that it's no longer Christian, but in school we all have a subject called "Christianity, Religion, Life Stance and Ethics". This is due to the heavy influence Christianity has had on Norwegian history and culture. 

5 minutes ago, PromKing said:

I got this from the "lacking" article. 

this article was still lacking in details. It failed to prove what would be the procedures concerning non muslim students.. 

every kid (lets say 99%)studies Holy Quran regularly in their homes or in Mosques . its not a big deal.

You guys are doing the most. How is it "Sad" ? I am from Pakistan, I knows better @DivaCup @Cute

@Letters From Adi