The Promise v. The Ottoman Lieutenant?

3 posts in this topic

http://asbarez.com/160008/turkish-propaganda-film-the-ottoman-lieutenant-made-to-repudiate-the-promise/

There are clear indications that the The Ottoman Lieutenant (TOL) movie was made by a Turkish production company to repudiate The Promise (TP), financed by Kirk Kerkorian. My assertions below are based on research available on the internet and IMDB.com. Both films tell a love story that takes place during the Ottoman Empire. However, The Ottoman Lieutenant sets the story under the guise of World War I as a means to justify the atrocities suffered by Armenians as a consequence of war, while The Promise sets the story during the Armenian Genocide committed by the Ottoman Turks during World War I.

Which film are you going to watch? The promise or the floppy lieutenant? It is beyond obvious the second movie was only created to take the attention away from the Promise or to provide an "alternative" view on the gross atrocious genocide of the Greek, Armenian and Assyrian people during Ottoman rule. There was an actual goal behind the Promise, to shed light on the very horrifying real events that destroyed these Christian societies, whereas the ottoman lieutenant was only created as a distraction. Turkish historical revisionism is trying to be global :flower:

I am definitely going to be seeing the promise :heart2:

"The Promise" (if it screens here), because Oscar Isaac.

7 minutes ago, Feanor said:

"The Promise" (if it screens here), because Oscar Isaac.

:clap3: good taste

side note i just got a WP because i put the title in capital letters :cm:woop..