Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Will Taylor have to stream?

34 posts in this topic

The market now in a lot of countries is different from how it was in 2014/15 with a lot of countries adjusting their chart formulas making streaming a much bigger factor in chart success.

Will Taylor have to give in and allow her singles to be put on streaming services to ensure more #1s/top 5 hits 

Im sure she will. Unless videos count then she might not

She needs to, but she probably won't.

Album sales >>>>> Singles success

I don't understand why y'all act like Taylor has a crazy impermeable ban on streaming... Both Shake It Off & Blank Space were on Spotify for a period of time

i don't think she can take back everything she said about streaming:chick2:

She is going to crawl back to Spotify one way or another. either for TS6 or when she dies

208224_600.gif

Just now, Quaithe said:

I don't understand why y'all act like Taylor has a crazy impermeable ban on streaming... Both Shake It Off & Blank Space are were on Spotify for a period of time

She needs to keep them on there. In some countries (NZ for example) you can be #1 on iTunes all week and still not enter the official chart

IDWLF is on Spotify, so it's not like she's as anti streaming as she was back in 2014. She's probably going to put the singles up for streaming

1 minute ago, z10 said:

She needs to keep them on there. In some countries (NZ for example) you can be #1 on iTunes all week and still not enter the official chart

and she did? Both songs were on there for several months, when they are charting worldwide

So 1989 was removed from spotify after blank space went #1? No wonder style couldn't peak higher :doc:

Definitely. If she wants her singles to peak higher than top 10 she'll have to put them up for streaming.

She's not stupid. I'm sure she'll at least put the singles on Spotify and pull an Adele.

12 minutes ago, Quaithe said:

and she did? Both songs were on there for several months, when they are charting worldwide

And like I said things have changed since SIO and BS. Streaming is more heavily weighted than it was then

I recon she will put at least all of the singles available for streaming. She's a smart business woman. 

Of course she will.

She can slay with just sales, but why rely only on that when you can maximise revenue with streaming included too :michael: 

9 minutes ago, z10 said:

And like I said things have changed since SIO and BS. Streaming is more heavily weighted than it was then

...:rip: like I said she already put her first 2 singles from 1989 on Spotify, when according to ATRL she was "hellbent on opposing streaming". So there's no doubt she'll continue to do that

OOTW, NR and IDWLF proved that her YouTube streaming power has dwindled dramatically in the past few years (in some cases, months since those 1989 era hits). She'll have to come back to Spotify otherwise I don't see many hits coming from the next era.

She will jump on streaming, I mean, she wants to be the most powerful (female) artist and nowadays it's impossible without streaming.

I am wondering if she'll try the first single without streaming and then decides to go with streaming after the first single, or will she go to streaming from the beginning of the new era? We will see.   

She has Apple Music tho? 

1 hour ago, Quaithe said:

I don't understand why y'all act like Taylor has a crazy impermeable ban on streaming... Both Shake It Off & Blank Space were on Spotify for a period of time

48 minutes ago, samseacrest said:

So 1989 was removed from spotify after blank space went #1? No wonder style couldn't peak higher :doc:

31 minutes ago, Quaithe said:

...:rip: like I said she already put her first 2 singles from 1989 on Spotify, when according to ATRL she was "hellbent on opposing streaming". So there's no doubt she'll continue to do that

Blank Space and 1989 were never on Spotify. Only Shake it Off was, for about two months. At first, when 1989 came out people were saying it would be on Spotify maybe after a few months, but she ended up removing her whole catalog two weeks after 1989's release.

1 hour ago, Qudron said:

IDWLF is on Spotify, so it's not like she's as anti streaming as she was back in 2014. She's probably going to put the singles up for streaming

but it isn´t her song right`? it´s a movie soundtrack along with Zayn, and she doesn´t own the right to the soundtrack.

she is on apple music tho right?

and atleast in US they´re almost as big as potify.

so maybe she´ll settle with this.but her songs wont chart very high internationally

Of she will have to. And she will put her stuff on Spotify.

As if she fooled anyone really with that helping smaller artists excuse.

1 hour ago, Aurora said:

OOTW, NR and IDWLF proved that her YouTube streaming power has dwindled dramatically in the past few years (in some cases, months since those 1989 era hits). She'll have to come back to Spotify otherwise I don't see many hits coming from the next era.

i thought about that too.

only SIO and BS are still and always were MASSIVE on youtube (which is more than most artists, even with spotify-absence, but still). (i know BB has 1 billion but with that promo and mega-start, it really had to get there sometime...)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0